You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Interesting Theory !!

124»

Comments

• green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,928
    MISTY4ME said:

I think someone isnt impressed with the Tories........ ;):D

To be honest, I think you will find that the SNP won't do quite as well in the next General Election, as the last one , and that Labour will win quite a few seats North of the Border :*

no chance, tony blair killed the labour movement in scotland, just like maggie killed it for the tories, they might do slightly better, possibly in glasgow, but the snp will win up here again, its not even a contest imo. The greens have a better chance of winning than labour or the tories do imo

i bet the lib dems regret letting nick clegg make that deal with the tories, they coulda been in a strong possition to be a real alternative next time round......

and @TheEdge949 imo one of the reasons scotland voted remain was because too many non scots voted in the referendum.....i know a polish guy who voted remain in the scottish ref, but he was not allowed to vote in the eu ref.......
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    edited November 2023

MISTY4ME said:

I think someone isnt impressed with the Tories........ ;):D

To be honest, I think you will find that the SNP won't do quite as well in the next General Election, as the last one , and that Labour will win quite a few seats North of the Border :*

no chance, tony blair killed the labour movement in scotland, just like maggie killed it for the tories, they might do slightly better, possibly in glasgow, but the snp will win up here again, its not even a contest imo. The greens have a better chance of winning than labour or the tories do imo

i bet the lib dems regret letting nick clegg make that deal with the tories, they coulda been in a strong possition to be a real alternative next time round......

and @TheEdge949 imo one of the reasons scotland voted remain was because too many non scots voted in the referendum.....i know a polish guy who voted remain in the scottish ref, but he was not allowed to vote in the eu ref.......
    I think you are wrong on all counts.
    Labour are currently leading the SNP in the polls.
    They are being widely tipped to take 20 seats off the SNP.
    The SNP also have a few problems, and their current leader is nowhere near as popular as Nicola Sturgeon was.
    The Lib Dems currently have 11 seats in the House of Commons, out of 650, so they have an awful long way to go, if there were to be considered a credible alternative to either of the two major parties.
    I dont think that you can put the huge majority that voted remain in the EU referendum in Scotland, down to non Scottish voters.
    The majority was over 600,000.
    And the Polish guy didnt vote.
    When he did vote in the Independence referendum, the majority that voted NO, was 400,000.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,928
    edited November 2023
    :) its not the sole reason, but it was one of the reasons......imo anyway, but i know that counts for little and wouldnt really argue the case against it, its in the past and not really worth stressing over......

you are right on the leader not being as popular, but the labour leader aint that popular either, the polls are a load of **** (again imo, haha) they are designed to try an influence the vote.......depends what paper you read ;)

I just dont see labour winning 20 seats off the snp, as we get closer to the election, if the snp are still polling poorly they will bring in a new leader, there are some good ones in the SNP.......Mhairi Black would be an interesting candidate for leading the snp imo but again what the **** do i know ;)

**edit, the polish guy only voted in the scottish referendum, not the eu one..........
  • legascaaclegascaac Member Posts: 162
    You'll find out soon enough polls mean nothing guess work . went to school with Angi Constance she'll win her seat easily do you really think it's been forgotten Thatcher's carry on and Labour selling us down the river , answering to there southern masters , puppets off the south and the unions .You are write Labour will get a few seats so will the Tories .but only because its a general election if Scottish labour went for the break away from England they still wouldn't win .. another chop n change mob .. at least SNP state what they stand for and that hasn't changed in 54 years . no lies and change in there politics every 5 minutes with Labour and the Tories it's what your used to lies lies lies HS2 what a great delivery thanks BORIS ..OH where is it .. suckers get sucked in with lies .. the Tories could not tell the truth ever spin merchants that waffle lots off ..ite . lies for votes , massive f--k , up's . still voted for cause the alternative is worse . poor situation ..an English national party might be better just a thought maybe even stick to their policies .just maybe . or have an electoral system where proportional representation is in place so all people can be heard .. then you can hold them to account .they've got to work together .. fact .