You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Stream/Sky Glass-The Future Of TV.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,157
    Tikay10 said:

"I will admit that ordering 3 TVs, 1 soundbar, and 2 cabinets, that were either cancelled or returned, doesnt look good."

One concurs.

Hi,

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I received an email from Samsung this morning saying that the soundbar I recently purchased from you, didnt qualify for the cashback promotion.

Starting at the beginning I recently logged into you website with a view to purchasing a television.
    My order details are below.
    I found the one I wished to purchase.
    There was a link to 5 offers related to the purchase of the TV.
    These were,
    6 months free Disney+, which I have activated.
    3 months Apple+ TV, for which you are supposed to send an email out for within 10 days, in order to activate, which I still await.
    £50 off the TV, which wasnt valid in conjunction with the other offers.
    Free recycling of my existing TV.
    £300 cashback from Samsung in respect of purchasing a qualifying TV, and soundbar, £350 if bought both on the same day, from the same store.
    This link included details of two soundbars, and a further link to each product, to view the details.
    So as far as I was concerned this was a link to the details of the offers available, and at least some of the qualifying products.
    Why on earth would you advertise the £300 cashback, and then provide a link directly below for a soundbar that didnt qualify.
    I bought the more expensive of the two soundbars that featured in the link.
    I hadnt intended to buy a soundbar, but it seemed a good offer.

So imagine my surprise when I received the email this morning that informed me that my soundbar didnt qualify.
    I now have a detailed list of the qualifying soundbars, included below, which I didnt at the time.
    I cant believe that Currys would supply details of the various offers, and then include links to non qualifying products.
    A search of the Currys website for Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbars, comes up with a total of nine, the Samsung list of qualifying soundbars also totals nine.
    So I am still none the wiser, as to how it was possible for me to purchase one that didnt qualify.

The soundbar I purchased was a HW-Q60C, the price was £499, but it was discounted by £225.
    I looked on the Currys website this morning, and despite the fact that the offer has ended, I could have still been able to purchase a HW-S61B, which did qualify for the cash back, which also included a 50% discount, when purchased in conjunction with a qualifying TV, which mine was.
    Therefore I could have saved around £75, and qualified for the cashback, had I purchased this model.

As I didnt intend to purchase a soundbar, if I am not going to qualify for the cashback, I would like to return it, as I feel that I have been completely misled.

Hi,
    Unfortunately, it appears you're not eligible to take part in the Samsung TV & Soundbar January Cashback promotion. This is for the following reason:
    The HW-Q60C does not qualify.

Order information

Ordered item(s)

1x SAMSUNG - HW-Q60C/XU 3.1 Wireless Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos & DTS Virtual:X
    Product code 538348

£499.00

Standard delivery
    (We aim to deliver your item(s) within 3-5 working days. Please expect a more exact delivery date from your courier.)

Free

1x SAMSUNG - QE50QN90CATXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR Neo QLED TV with Bixby & Alexa
    Product code 851681

£949.00
    1x TV set-up and demo
    Product code 021201

£45.00
    1x Remove and recycle your old appliance
    Product code 111302

Free

Standard delivery
    (delivery on Thursday 29 February 2024)

£20.00

Soundbar HW-Q600C/XU £150.00 €165.00
    Soundbar HW-Q700C/XU £200.00 €220.00
    Soundbar HW-Q800C/XU £250.00 €275.00
    Soundbar HW-Q930C/XU £250.00 €275.00
    Soundbar HW-Q990C/XU £300.00 €330.00
    Soundbar HW-S60B/XU £150.00 €165.00
    Soundbar HW-S61B/XU £150.00 €165.00
    Soundbar HW-S800B/XU £250.00 €275.00
    Soundbar HW-S801B/XU £250.00 €275.00
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    After all of this I’m surprised you don’t just settle for the wireless
  • Options
    bbMike said:

After all of this I’m surprised you don’t just settle for the wireless

I have thought about it.
  • Options
    edited March 12

Hello Anthony,
    We recently found a system error which has resulted in you not being charged correctly for your Sky products and services.

We're sorry for this and can confirm this has now been corrected. We'll charge you the correct amount from your next monthly bill, as originally agreed.

For clarity, you will not be billed for any previously undercharged amounts.

You can view your Sky bills by going online to My Sky. Just sign in with your Sky iD username: You'll then be able to manage your account and change your payment method under the billing and payments section.

If you would like to speak to an advisor, please contact us on 03442 414 141.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for choosing Sky.

The Sky Team
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

"I will admit that ordering 3 TVs, 1 soundbar, and 2 cabinets, that were either cancelled or returned, doesnt look good."

One concurs.

Hi,

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I received an email from Samsung this morning saying that the soundbar I recently purchased from you, didnt qualify for the cashback promotion.

Starting at the beginning I recently logged into you website with a view to purchasing a television.
    These were,
    3 months Apple+ TV, for which you are supposed to send an email out for within 10 days, in order to activate, which I still await.
    £50 off the TV, which wasnt valid in conjunction with the other offers.
    £300 cashback from Samsung in respect of purchasing a qualifying TV, and soundbar, £350 if bought both on the same day, from the same store.
    This link included details of two soundbars, and a further link to each product, to view the details.
    So as far as I was concerned this was a link to the details of the offers available, and at least some of the qualifying products.
    Why on earth would you advertise the £300 cashback, and then provide a link directly below for a soundbar that didnt qualify.

So imagine my surprise when I received the email this morning that informed me that my soundbar didnt qualify.
    I now have a detailed list of the qualifying soundbars, included below, which I didnt at the time.
    I cant believe that Currys would supply details of the various offers, and then include links to non qualifying products.
    A search of the Currys website for Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbars, comes up with a total of nine, the Samsung list of qualifying soundbars also totals nine.
    So I am still none the wiser, as to how it was possible for me to purchase one that didnt qualify.

The soundbar I purchased was a HW-Q60C, the price was £499, but it was discounted by £225.
    I looked on the Currys website this morning, and despite the fact that the offer has ended, I could have still been able to purchase a HW-S61B, which did qualify for the cash back, which also included a 50% discount, when purchased in conjunction with a qualifying TV, which mine was.
    Therefore I could have saved around £75, and qualified for the cashback, had I purchased this model.

As I didnt intend to purchase a soundbar, if I am not going to qualify for the cashback, I would like to return it, as I feel that I have been completely misled.

I would like to add the following to the explanation above.

When I attempted to complete my order online, I was having difficulties with entering the code for the trade in of my old tv.
    I was at the checkout, but the code wasnt being accepted.
    I therefore spoke to one of your sales people to explain the problem.
    He informed that this offer could not be used in conjunction with the other offers.
    Although this wasnt clear on your website.
    He asked for details of my order.
    I said it was ok, I was already at the checkout online, and said I would just pay for the order, now that I had the correct information regarding the trade in code.
    He asked me for the details, and insisted that he would process the order.
    Which he did.
    This has left me wondering why he didnt inform me that the soundbar I was about to purchase didnt qualify for the cashback promotion.
    Did he not think that offering advice was part of his job, or perhaps he was unaware of the promotions you were running at the time?
    A more likely reason is that he, like me, thought this soundbar did qualify for the promotion, when taking into account the information on your website.
    I think it is very optimistic to assume that your customers will have a better understanding of your promotions, than your own sales staff do.

I have spoken to three of your team on your webchat.
    The first last Friday regarding the Apple+tv offer, and two on Monday regarding the cashback problem.
    The first one on Monday just disappeared, and another appeared sometime later.
    I mentioned that I hadnt received the email you are supposed to send me regarding the Apple+ tv promotion.
    They each promised different deadlines for your response.
    All three of these deadlines have now expired, and I still havent received the email.
    The information on your website promised that it would be sent within 10 days of the order, which was placed on 23rd February.

They also promised that I would receive a response about the cashback problem, but this is also sadly lacking.
  • Options
    Get Sky TV, Netflix, and fibre broadband for just £6 more than BT will charge you for internet alone

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

・Amazon cuts 1,360 Kindle books to 99p, or read one million for FREE

・Enraged Windows 11 users complain new update is causing PCs to crash

・Vodafone will pay £100 to cover penalties when you ditch Sky and BT

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/shopping/get-sky-tv-netflix-and-fibre-broadband-for-just-6-more-than-bt-will-charge-you-for-internet-alone/ar-BB1koszp?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=8ccd44add95a443eb5f61c19da40c6f8&ei=12
  • Options
    On Tuesday, 26 March 2024 at 22:28:25 GMT, Tony Hayes wrote:

----- Forwarded message -----
    To: CurrysOnlineTradein
    Sent: Tuesday, 26 March 2024 at 22:18:37 GMT
    Subject: Re: TRADETV50

The person I spoke which was the ninth agent I had contacted, promised that a manager would phone me within 24 hours.
    It came as no surprise that nobody did contact me.
    Why would anyone in their right mind choose to deal with Currys

On Monday, 25 March 2024 at 10:02:00 GMT, Tony Hayes wrote:

I took your advice, and phoned customer services.
    It resulted in my complaint being escalated for the ninth time.
    Although I am no further forward.
    She again tried to refer me to your team.
    Going through the whole story again has probably cost me a few quid for the phone call.
    It seems that Currys are content with sending you around in circles, and pretty useless at solving problems.

On Monday, 25 March 2024 at 09:37:52 GMT, Tony Hayes wrote:

I have contacted Currys this morning for the 8th time via webchat.
    The person I spoke again referred me to your email address.
    This was despite the fact that I copied and pasted your email reply.
    Your customer services leave a lot to be desired.

Ayati: You can also email them on below link for Trade-in related queries:
    Ayati: currysonlinetradein@dixonscarphone.com

On Friday, 22 March 2024 at 15:38:54 GMT, Tony Hayes wrote:

With all due respect, it was customer services that put me in touch with you.

You: you can see that I purchased the TV, yet you cant send an email
    You: what about the trade in?
    Ashwani: For trade in offer, please contact our dedicated trade in team on : currysonlinetradein@dixonscarphone.com. The team will get back to you as soon as possible

On Friday, 22 March 2024 at 15:30:56 GMT, Tony Hayes wrote:

Could you not just forward my email to them, please.

Kind Regards

Tony Hayes

On Friday, 22 March 2024 at 15:18:43 GMT, CurrysOnlineTradein wrote:

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your email

After reviewing the information in your email I can see that the offer you are discussing is a discount code specifically linked to trading in an old TV, while it is confusing that this trade in form is for trade in related queries this is not the right place to get a resolution to your problem.

You will need to speak to customer services or the online sales team via 0344 561 0000 to discuss retrospectively adding a discount voucher and claiming the value back.

I apologise for the confusion however i assure you the customer services / online sales team are the best equipped to solve your problem

Kind Regards

Trade In Team

Sent: 22 March 2024 07:22
    To: CurrysOnlineTradein
    Subject: Re: TRADETV50

Dear Sirs,

I regard the lack of any response from Currys as very annoying.

Despite two phone calls, seven webchats, and a number of emails, Currys have not acknowledged that I have had a problem, and not responded in any way.

As I have had no response to any of my emails, I am not even confident that I am using the correct email address.
    This email address was given to me during the last webchat (transcript included below).

I was fairly happy with the products I purchased, but regard my subsequent dealings with Currys as an unmitigated disaster.

I am also certain that many other people will be in a similar position, but Currys dont appear to care.

On Wednesday, 20 March 2024 at 11:20:47 GMT, Tony Hayes wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I would like you to credit my card in respect of the above.
    I placed an order for a television on 23rd February, the details of which are below.
    I spoke to one of your people prior to placing the order.
    He informed that I was unable to enter the trade in code, as it was not applicable in conjunction with the soundbar discount.
    I accepted this and placed the order.
    I have since encountered several problems regarding the soundbar, and the Samsung cashback promotion.
    This has resulted in my decision to return the soundbar, which I did on Monday.
    I would therefore like to claim the trade in discount, and would appreciate a refund to my card.
    I am very disappointed by the way Currys has dealt with my problems, and am reluctant to entrust your company with any future purchases.
    I am certain that the cashback problem will relate to many people, rather than just me.

I have spoken to 7 different people on your webchat.
    I have enclosed a couple of webchats below, which I am certain would be entertaining, as long as they were dealing with someone elses problem.
    Each of them has assured me that my complaint has been escalated, and I would receive a response with 24-48 hours.
    I have received no response at all.

I have also enquired why I had not received an email, as promised, with 10 days of the television purchase, regarding the Apple+ tv offer.
    Why is it so difficult to send out an email?

Currys appear to be happy to hide from customers problems.

I have enclosed details of the cashback problem below.

Kind Regards

Tony Hayes

Get up to 3 months Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple Fitness+ free.
    Buy this product online or in-store
    Keep an eye on your inbox for your promotional link
    Once you’ve got your link, click on it & you’re good to go!
    New/returning customers only. 09/05/23 until further notice. Cannot have already redeemed Apple service from Currys group. Standard monthly price starts after trial unless cancelled.

Get £50 off this TV when you trade-in any old TV. Use TRADETV50 and select Recycling at checkout.
    UK only. 18+. Trade-in any old TV and get £50 off the purchase of any TV from £649 - £1000 from 21/02/24 to 19/03/24 until further notice. Enter code TRADETV50 and ensure you select recycling at the checkout. TV to be traded-in must be unfixed from any unit and ready to collect. 1 discount per customer.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

@HAYSIE

Who on this Forum would you recommend Currys to Tony?
  • Options
    Dear Customer Service Team

These were,
    £50 off the TV, which wasnt valid in conjunction with the soundbar offer.

Regards,

anthony hayes

Dear Customer Service Team,

Having received the email, at last, all I am now looking for is £50 in respect of the trade in discount that I was unable to claim in conjunction with the soundbar discount.
    As I have returned the soundbar, I believe I am fully entitled to the trade in discount.

I was disappointed to return the soundbar, but felt I had no option, and can only blame Currys incompetence.
    When I first submitted my claim to Samsung, my cashback was estimated at £300.
    £100 in respect of the tv, £150 for the soundbar, and £50 for purchasing both at the same time.
    So I lost £200.
    My refund for the soundbar was £274.
    This means I could have purchased a soundbar that allegedly retailed for £499, for only £74.
    This is very disappointing.

I am still unable to understand how this occurred.
    You headline a promotion with the details of the cashback offer.
    Below the headline you included links to two soundbars.
    I purchased the more expensive of the two.
    There was a time lapse before I was able to complete the claim.
    The serial numbers had to be photographed, so you had to wait for the delivery.
    There was a further delay waiting for a response from Samsung, they promise 5 days, but it wasnt.

I find it amazing that Currys would run a promotion in this way, and provide links to a product that didnt actually qualify for the promotion that they were providing an explanation for.
    Incredible.
    As I said in the details I previously provided, I was able to purchase a cheaper soundbar that did qualify.
    The saving on this particular soundbar, just happened to be £75, so had I been pointed in the right direction, I could have got a free soundbar.
    I cant believe that I was the only person affected.
    Although you probably wont be aware of this, due to the way you treat customers on your webchat.

Regards,

anthony hayes

I have received the Apple+ tv email at 17.16 today.
    Thankyou.

Regards,

anthony hayes

Thanks for replying eventually.
    I enclosed the complete details of the one sided communication with my previous message.
    Since I placed the order, I have received one email from Currys.
    This was from the trade in team, to inform me that it was nothing to do with them.

I feel completely let down by Currys.

You have a customer service department that is not fit for purpose.
    I was promised a response by nine members of your team, but never got one.
    Yet I have been in contact with you since early March, when I received the email from Samsung saying that the soundbar that I had purchased did not qualify for the cashback promotion, despite the fact that you advised me to purchase it, with reference to the promotion, and that it had become obvious that I would not receive the Apple+ tv email within the 10days of ordering, as promised.
    Each of your people informed that they were escalating my complaint, and I would receive a response in 24-48 hours.
    Yet I never got one.
    The last one promised me a call back from a manager, within 24 hours.
    This was on Monday.
    I am certain that the way you conducted the cash back promotion, will have resulted in disappointment for many people, and I certainly wont be the only person affected.
    Although you may not be aware of this yet, as your staff just promise a response, without actually doing anything.

Dear Anthony,

I thank you for your email dated 27th March 2024.

Your case reference is - 02344534.

I thank you for raising contact with us surrounding this and I apologise for any concerns that this may be causing you, as this is not our intention.

I have raised a form for use by our team, in order to request that they look into this further for you. As such, could you please also review the email address associated with the order also, as the voucher may appear in your spam/trash/junk inboxes also. Once reviewed, could I please request that you make contact with us towards this to advise us further.

Kind regards,

Karl Cloke
    currys™ Resolver Support Team

currys™ Customer Management Centre

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Online shopping

The issue that I have experienced was: They have completely ignored me.

It occurred on: 23/02/2024

This meant that I would like them to make good on their offers.

£50, plus the Apple+ tv offer.

I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply to this email address.

Yours faithfully,

anthony hayes

Resolver Case Reference: RES10796772
  • Options
    This turned out to be a bit long winded.
    I will never purchase anything from Currys ever again.
    However, I would recommend Resolver, as a means of resolving disputes.
    I logged into their site, and sent an email to Currys via their site.
    You cant contact Currys directly by email.
    I got a reply the same day, and also received the email to activate the Apple+ tv offer, within hours.
    Incredible, as this had been dragging on since the 23rd February.
    Samsung have confirmed the £100 cashback on the telly.
    Anyone with a dispute should use Resolver.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I dont dislike anyone that much.
    Resolver is a different matter.
  • Options
    Resolver
    https
    www.resolver.co.uk
    Resolver - Free online tool for complaints and claims | Resolver UK
    WEBCompare or Switch - and Save! Resolver can help you make a complaint or claim for free. Resolver covers a wide range of sectors and helped millions of consumers raise issues with thousands of companies.

Compare or Switch - and Save! Resolver can help you make a complaint or claim for …

About
    Resolver is a free, independent issue resolution service. We connect …

How to Complain
    You can complain to us by sending us an email to support@resolver.co.uk, or by …

Resolver UK
    Resolver UK - Resolver - Free online tool for complaints and claims | Resolver UK

Money Savers
    With Resolver Compare, you can get the best deals in a couple of clicks. Start …

Energy
    Resolver will help you find out your rights, allow you to record your …

Shops
    Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped …

Travel
    Whether it’s a booking problem, delays, or simply poor customer service, Resolver …

Search results from resolver.co.uk
    Other content from resolver.co.uk
    Mobile Phones | Resolver - Free Online Tool For Complaints and Claims
    Resolve Your Amazon UK Complaints For Free | Resolver
    Resolver News | Resolver - Free Online Tool For Complaints and Claims
    See more
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Disney plus deals, including swapping Tesco clubcard points.
    I think that any Disney deal is worthwhile, even if it was just used to watch 261 episodes of NYPD Blue.
    If it is not the best tv series ever, it is definitely one of the best.

Disney+ deals 2024: Watch hit shows for just £1.99 or get a 12-month subscription for free

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/disneyplus-streaming-deals-2024-money-30719864
  • Options
    Save 50% on three months of Disney+ with Tesco Clubcard vouchers*
    Works on 'standard' and 'standard with ads' plans. For new and existing Disney+ subscribers
    Clubcard holders get 2x value
    If you have a Tesco Clubcard with enough points, you can use your Clubcard vouchers to get 50% off a three-month Disney+ subscription. It works on the following two Disney+ plans:

'Standard with ads' (has adverts, full HD video, two concurrent streams, doesn't allow downloads). Swap £7.50 in Clubcard vouchers* for a three-month subscription, normally £14.97.

'Standard' (no adverts, full HD video, two concurrent streams, allows downloads). Swap £12 in Clubcard vouchers* for a three-month subscription, normally £23.97.
    The Disney+ 'premium' plan isn't included in the Clubcard promotion.

When you swap your vouchers, you'll get a code that's valid until 1 May 2025, so if you're an existing Disney+ subscriber you can wait till your current plan expires, then use the code.

For more ways to make the most of your Clubcard points, see our Tesco Clubcard boosting guide.

Share this deal
    GET DEAL*
    12 months' free Disney+ with a Club Lloyds account
    12 months' free Disney+ with a Club Lloyds account
    Fee-free bank account if you pay in £2,000 a month (£3 monthly fee if you don't)
    Worth £60
    Lloyds Bank's Club Lloyds account gives you 12 months' Disney+ 'standard with ads' streaming for free (normally £4.99 a month, £59.88 for a year). The account is fee-free as long as you meet its £2,000 a month minimum pay-in – there's a £3 a month fee if you don't.

The 'standard with ads' plan is the same as the Disney+ 'standard' plan except it includes adverts during TV shows and at the beginning of movies, and you can't download content to watch offline. Club Lloyds says you can't currently upgrade to a different Disney+ plan.

You can claim the offer each year you have the account (providing Lloyds doesn't pull it). Alternatively, you can choose six Odeon or Vue cinema tickets, a Coffee Club and Gourmet Society membership, or an annual magazine subscription instead.

We're highlighting Lloyds here for the free Disney+, but see our Best bank accounts guide to check which account is best for you.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/disney-plus/
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Currys PC World hasn't replied yet...

Hi anthony,

It's been a while and Currys PC World still hasn't replied...

Unless they've spoken to you by phone or have otherwise told you they need a little more time, you should chase them up.

Next steps
    Drop Currys PC World an email from your case file.
    Give them a call! You can find their customer service number on Resolver. Just click "Add Call Note" in your case file.
    Escalate your case to the next level. Check your case file to see if it's time to escalate.
    Go to my case file
    Good luck with your case,

The Resolver team

How can we help you?
    Finished with your case? Leave feedback here.
  • Options
    Sky offers three months of free Apple TV+ for Sky VIP customers

https://www.imore.com/sky-offers-three-months-free-apple-tv-sky-vip-customers