You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

had enough of sky poker

124»

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    why is this not in area51?
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: had enough of sky poker:
    why is this not in area51?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Because all the mods are in Luton ;)
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    we r top of the league SAY WE R TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes we all know we wont stay there, but who cares??? TOP OF THE LEAGUE BABY!!! WOO!!!!!
    Posted by JingleMa
    YEAH! WAHOO! come on you Spurs!
  • kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited August 2009
    I'm just chuffed the pool got back on track! Nice win for Spurs though Keane and Defoe were immense
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    I won a  deepie tonight for £100 or so,

I swear hand on heart for over 95% of the hands I should have won, I actually did.

For me it is a first.

~I truly think I got what I deserved.

I won maybe 2 hands that I shouldn't have  out of hundreds. In a deepie. It was unreal.
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    Back on track, I get bad beats galore here. Maybe I'm an idiot? Maybe not? The main thing is that I enjoy playing here, met a lot of the players (physically, I know it's scary for some of us). Can we please just lighten up about bad beats and river draws and eveything. Get it into perspective people!!!!!

p.s. Greg, is that your best avatar, a chicken on a ball?
    edited August 2009
    Nice one Draig. Gwaith da iawn!!!
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    Well I win on Sky (with luck) and if I am computer generated, they made a right pigs ear of me!!!
    edited August 2009
    Well I win on Sky (with luck) and if I am computer generated, they made a right pigs ear of me!!!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    and you sing with Simply Red? ;-)
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    have you ever thought m8 that you cant play poker? just a question thats all m8

I wonder what the reaction from the 'community' would be if I posted that. 

Here's a thought MickJenn1 and all MickJenn1 lovers; how about you stick to your illterate ramblings in that MickJenn 'HOW TO GRIND 2k profit in 30,000 small stakes tournies thread'cos thats what you people appear to be best at.

A friend of yours called Dazler posted a thread just a few days ago on the same theme, where was you then MickJenn posting your reply?  Oh yeah right you was busy on your other account.

While I agree with the sentiments in that people who think online poker is rigged are generally idiots, the hypocrisy that certain regular posters of this forum show is outstanding.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    I'm really not sure that you should be throwing stones here scotty77.
    I know that you like to stir people up and I guess that it may give you some kind of pleasure.
    You make some good points but it's obvious that you phrase them in such a way as to be deliberately provocative which is a shame.

With regard to the original post - yes, I would expect more bad beats on this site than others.
    The main reason is that this site has more "inexperienced" players than other sites in my experience. They are drawn here because of the "sexiness" of the Sky brand and the TV coverage. This means more "bad" calls and more bad beats as a result. This is in "absolute" terms - not percentage wise which I'm pretty sure is constant over all online sites. You should expect this to be higher than live poker due to more experienced players playing online than live.

If you can't cope with the variance (suck-outs) then I can only suggest trying different games. This may be on different sites but I can recommend the deep stack games at 7pm EVERY day. These are generally played by a higher percentage of more experienced players and bad beats are generally less.

I hope that this helps but take from it whatever you like.
  • stuannestuanne Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2009
    O dear I do seem to have opened a can of worms! so many opinions. Sorry if i have upset you all.TTFN.Ps see you in the freeroll(got to use my poer points up before i go )
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Back on track, I get bad beats galore here. Maybe I'm an idiot? Maybe not? The main thing is that I enjoy playing here, met a lot of the players (physically, I know it's scary for some of us). Can we please just lighten up about bad beats and river draws and eveything. Get it into perspective people!!!!! p.s. Greg, is that your best avatar, a chicken on a ball?
    Posted by KnackersYa

LOL, Unfortunatley, at the moment it appears to be a headless chicken, not sure how to correct that.