You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY POKER FORUM NAPS TABLE

Comments

• Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER FORUM NAPS TABLE:
    SORRY ALL Dont worry no more duff info will be given.
    Posted by vaigret
    Unlucky Father,
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,328
    edited April 2011

Hi all,

Well no winners today so far with only my nap Ocean Transit, Taqleed and Miss Boops being non runners avoiding  loss.

Be my Light just franked that OT form again in 4.05 at Uttoxeter now for County Zen and William hogarth  for a treble to cheer me up

Father Vaigret 

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh well 1st, 2nd and nowhere in my little treble. County Zen was always a bit of a punt
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Congratulations to our only winner of the day BADBOY985 with

WILLANDRICH 7-2

his fourth winner of the competition

See first post on thread for updated table

Father Vaigret
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2011
    Thanks father

just checking does next weeks selection have to be in the national or is it any race on the day as usual
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi BADBOY985

Good question and I was going to clarify that later in week. 

The Nap can be from any British Race meeting next Saturday.

However I suspect there will be a number of National horses picked

Father Vaigret
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2011
    Father i see your goodself and i are in tied 2nd at the minute.

What happens if this remains the case next week?

Does it go on #of winners? Biggest priced winner? Better looking? Age?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi splashies,

My you people are on the ball, even if i have thought of it anyway.

Usually with Naps tables if their is a tie on profits the most winners counts but I am aware I didnt specify this at the start. I have contacted the Sky hierachy on a couple of points and one of those is the tie situation. The last thing i want after a great comp is any "controversy".

Hopefully if a tie occurs it can be sorted out fairly and advantageously to both parties.

Here's wishing us both luck for next week.

Father Vaigret
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2011
    Hi splashies, My you people are on the ball, even if i have thought of it anyway. Usually with Naps tables if their is a tie on profits the most winners counts but I am aware I didnt specify this at the start. I have contacted the Sky hierachy on a couple of points and one of those is the tie situation. The last thing i want after a great comp is any "controversy". Hopefully if a tie occurs it can be sorted out fairly and advantageously to both parties. Here's wishing us both luck for next week. Father Vaigret
    Posted by vaigret
    Cool, don't worry you won't get any arguments from me. lol.
  • Options
    FINSFINS Member Posts: 1,080
    edited April 2011
    ok off to caravan tomoz so may not be on before saturday so i leave my nap.
    I will go for the national and for the toughest little horse in the race.
    HELLO BUD. thanks Fin.

will be having an e/w bet on the above and also on quinz.
    Good luck everyone great comp this thanks for all the work father vaigret,top man you..
  • Options
    JBussJBuss Member Posts: 245
    edited April 2011
    I havent made a selection out of the 10 days we have been betting.
    I will stick a few in this coming week
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi all

Just been advised by Sky Jordan that if two people or more people tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place thay will each get the prize previously advertised.

Fins your nap is logged and JBuss you have only one chance left and that is for one horse on Saturday.

By the way I have been able to negotiate a surprise from Sky for the 40 people who had done at least one Nap up to last saturday 2nd April 2011, sorry JBuss you will miss out on this. 

Further news in a couple of days.

Father Vaigret  
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,556
    edited April 2011

So here is my cunning plan for this week......

Forget looking at form and all that other stuff you are supposed to do.....

I will pick a 150-1 shot for the National and be at the start line at Aintree with a red hot poker at the ready.

I will also send the reg's from Al's Bar to all other meetings that day with sleeping darts for any 'selected' horses.

Simples :))
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    STOP PRESS - Great News

Hi All,

I think we have all enjoyed this and built good friendships away from the Poker Tables. We certainly know who are good tipsters and who are donkeys when it comes to selecting horses. What we don't know is how good we are as Poker players unless of course we have shared a table with Dohhhhhh before.

In this regard I contacted Sky Jordan , who has been an absolute star in helping set up the Naps Table, and he has organised a £50 Freeroll for us starting at 7pm on Monday 11th April 2011. THIS IS OPEN TO PEOPLE WHO HAD PUT AT LEAST ONE NAP IN, UP TO 2ND APRIL 2011, The lucky 40 are 
    FINS
    vaigret
    splashies
    BADBOY985
    chrispip
    Norbit
    goodylad21
    kaymac
    MAXALLY
    UKjoe
    Any2Suited
    billyboots
    andybuck
    TENOFSPADE
    littlelou
    moonooo
    NINSNANNY
    Kiwini4u
    kalooki8
    wynne1938
    labrat64
    Big Bucks
    DOHHHHHHH
    shazallin
    hiandri23
    Brrrrrrr
    HITMANRV
    Spartan3
    mkgunner
    Archdigger
    jackda
    Meatpies
    YOUNG GUN
    strange666
    slaverchop
    dalty
    christiann
    Frankie67
    FILIPSEBO
    MP33

There will be prizes for the top five home who will also receive £10 free bets.

The competition will appear in the Poker Lobby from Sunday night under the title NAPS TABLE Freeroll and all the above are automatically in, so all you have to do is log in before the 7pm start on monday. By the way I picked the date and time so don't blame Sky if you cant make it.

This super gesture by Sky will allow us to see who is the best POKER PLAYER amongst us. We will already know who is the best TIPSTER by that time and it will be interesting to see who will win the COMBINED title come late Monday night. 

Thanks for all your support over the last nine weeks and hopefully we can repeat it next year. It's certainly been FUN.

God Bless you all

Father Vaigret  

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited April 2011
    STOP PRESS - Great News Hi All, I think we have all enjoyed this and built good friendships away from the Poker Tables. We certainly know who are good tipsters and who are donkeys when it comes to selecting horses. What we don't know is how good we are as Poker players unless of course we have shared a table with Dohhhhhh before. In this regard I contacted Sky Jordan , who has been an absolute star in helping set up the Naps Table, and he has organised a £50 Freeroll for us starting at 7pm on Monday 11th April 2011. THIS IS OPEN TO PEOPLE WHO HAD PUT AT LEAST ONE NAP IN, UP TO 2ND APRIL 2011, The lucky 40 are  FINS The Head Lad splashies BADBOY985 chrispip Norbit goodylad21 kaymac MAXALLY UKjoe Any2Suited billyboots andybuck TENOFSPADE littlelou moonooo NINSNANNY Kiwini4u kalooki8 wynne1938 labrat64 Big Bucks DOHS Donkeys shazallin hiandri23 Brrrrrrr HITPUP Spartan3 mkgunner Archdigger jackda Meatpies YOUNG GUN strange666 slaverchop dalty christiann Frankie67 FILIPSEBO MP33     There will be prizes for the top five home who will also receive £10 free bets.   The competition will appear in the Poker Lobby from Sunday night under the title NAPS TABLE Freeroll and all the above are automatically in, so all you have to do is log in before the 7pm start on monday. By the way I picked the date and time so don't blame Sky if you cant make it. This super gesture by Sky will allow us to see who is the best POKER PLAYER amongst us. We will already know who is the best TIPSTER by that time and it will be interesting to see who will win the COMBINED title come late Monday night.  Thanks for all your support over the last nine weeks and hopefully we can repeat it next year. It's certainly been FUN. God Bless you all Father Vaigret     
    Posted by vaigret

MUCH LOL AT THAT COMMENT !!!!

Well Done Father & all !!!

I Reckon A 40-1 winner in the National could clinch this league, So we all still in with a shot!!

Well Done Again, was a great idea, sure it will be more popular next time!!!

see ya all on Mon 11TH

HITPUP FTW !!
  • Options
    billybootsbillyboots Member Posts: 1,197
    edited April 2011

Father V.....you have been an absolute star and just wanted to show my appreciation for a really good and  thoroughly entertaining thread.
    I'm sure Doohhhhh will come good and get an outrageous selection on the river and pip some poor deserving soul by a nose (bcoz these pro's do that kind of thing don't they.......suck you in and then spit you out :)- ).  
    C'mon Doohhhhhh............last chance saloon ! wooden spoon beckons....lol.

Thanks again Father V and hope you get a deservedly big price winner on Saturday.

While I'm at it...........if Quinz is running ,..........I had better stick with it as he was my 1st and only winner, pls 
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks billyboots and I await your nap Quinz nearer the day. LOL

As for Dohhhhhhhh , yes I agree he'll hit us hard one of these days

Father V
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2011

lol @ the rub downs !!!

Looking forward to spanking you guys on the baze, as I'm evidently useless on the turf !!!

I have a horrid record in freerolls, I'm far too arrogant to take them seriously. So I shall play for charity, and pride, that should motivate me to give it 100%.

Wanna also say thanx to Father V! As a thanx to him for running the comp, he can chose the charity to benefit from my win in this freeroll, and if a miracle happens and I don't cash, I'll donate anyway.

Top man, thanx for your effort with this comp, and I hope you enjoyed it enough to do it again sometime. Maybe we can run it between us, give you the occasional saturday morning off!! lol.

Good luck on sat all !!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Dohhhhhhhhhh

Love your confidence man and when you do win you can send your winningd to the Injured Jockeys Fund, that seems appropriate.

With regards further comps and your offer of assistance, i hope to run another this time next year if sky go for it. Thats when I have most time to do it but as a bit of a control freak I have to have total control. however my time the rest of the year is pretty full so if you want to have ago yourself at another time, i would give you my full support and an entry.

Father V 
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,535
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Father V for the party! I will defoe join again.
    One last stab at picking a winner, will not catch the leader, but will improve my position!

Sat 8th April

4.15 Aintree (GRAND NATIONAL)

OSCAR TIME   (taken the price 11/1) E/w