You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********

Comments

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********:
    how did you win in Q2&Q3? i thought current tsp members werent allowed to play in the next tsp tourney or am i wrong? if so my bad!
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    It's pretty much what Aussie as already said.  The leaderboard for the next quarter is down as if there are no TSP members.  Then any who are retained are removed from the leaderboard and the relevant runners in the relevant league are moved up to form 30 in each.

Never heard them say you can't win twice on the spin.  In fact they have mentioned before quotes along the lines of 'Player X is looking goo d in the league for a chance to qualify again.'  Personally I think Aussie's B2B run was very impressive.

Aussie, great work in the thread Sir.  I would suggest a list of all the present active members though.
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********:
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread ********** : It's pretty much what Aussie as already said.  The leaderboard for the next quarter is down as if there are no TSP members.  Then any who are retained are removed from the leaderboard and the relevant runners in the relevant league are moved up to form 30 in each. Never heard them say you can't win twice on the spin.  In fact they have mentioned before quotes along the lines of 'Player X is looking goo d in the league for a chance to qualify again.'  Personally I think Aussie's B2B run was very impressive. Aussie, great work in the thread Sir.  I would suggest a list of all the present active members though.
    Posted by TommyD
    thank you tommy.  and your idea has been implemented.  great.

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2011
    Nice work Aussie - Its coming together nicely.

And thanks to all the TSP Members who have contributed so far.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

TSP players, current and past, please contribute a soundbite here.  thanks mates.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    How many TSP Members are playing SPT Newcastle?
  • Options
    edited November 2011

four; aussie09, budgirl, sikas and yoyo.

but it's not an official TSP event though.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    four; aussie09, budgirl, sikas and yoyo. but it's not an official TSP event though.
    Posted by aussie09
    Nice one - I will see you there - not on my table though hopefully :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Calling TSP Members,

A few people were asking for more detail about TSP members and achievements which led me to set up this thread.  A part of this is a place for each member to supply a "soundbite" of achievement which will be of interest to others. This is my request to you. Can you please post or PM me with your own sentence/paragraph detailing your Poker CV?

Thanks.

Rob
    aka aussie09

• Options
    yoyoyoyo Member Posts: 642
    edited November 2011

Joined Sky Poker as their resident pro in April 2011. Been pro for six years now, some giddy highs, some brutal lows. Lows include sharing a room with Tikay & some of the worst bluffs imaginable either two tables out or 300bb deep during level 1 in 5k events. Been bankroll broke once. It's also widely reported that I regularly run good & Main Event wins are;

£1k Grosvenor Grand Challenge Luton 05

£1k GUKPT Plymouth 07

€8k EPT Baden 07

£1k GUKPT Brighton 08

$5k Venetian Deepstack Extravaganza 08

£1k DTD Monte Carlo 11

£1k GUKPT Coventry 11

More recently I snagged a 3rd at SPT Leeds & won the UKOPS leader board with two cashes & a win. On a darker note I'm pretty sure I'm the best at either busting in Level 1 or bubbling all Sky Roller tournaments. Have been in & out of love with the game a few times, & yeah yeah it's corny as **** but I'm at my most comfortable now with Sky Poker. I've played everywhere from Goa to St Kitts but one thing has always remained constant; the burning need to get home ASAP once busted. Finally, if I had a penny for every time someone has said 'why are you playing these (low) stakes', I'd have a buy-in & change for the aforementioned roller comps...not all winner players aspire to play at the highest limits. Middle aged & variance averse.

• Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
    edited November 2011
    Good thread..been working away all week so I have missed it. Spent 6 hours yeaterday on hard shoulder of M4 with broken coach !

I believe I have 9 main event wins on Sky.

Which includes 1 Primo.

One Sky Roller win.

Finished second 4 times in the old Elite50 tournament but never won it.

Was runner up when invited to play Primo in studio in 2010.

Qualified for Viva Las Vegas in 2010, and lasted till day 4 of main event, for $19,000.

Cashed at SPT final at DTD 2009 in 10th (ft bubble)

Finished 2nd at SPT Luton 2010, still dont know how I threw it away.

Won a pot once against Dan Brown.

Played two GUKPTs this year.

Played every UKOPS without cashing.

Once won a £1000 gtd tournament on Sky on five consecutive days.

As a current TSP member I will be a guest on the show this Sunday. I have also put up a blog here.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Good thread..been working away all week so I have missed it. Spent 6 hours yeaterday on hard shoulder of M4 with broken coach ! I believe I have 9 main event wins on Sky. Which includes 1 Primo. One Sky Roller win. Finished second 4 times in the old Elite50 tournament but never won it. Was runner up when invited to play Primo in studio in 2010. Qualified for Viva Las Vegas in 2010, and lasted till day 4 of main event, for $19,000. Cashed at SPT final at DTD 2009 in 10th (ft bubble) Finished 2nd at SPT Luton 2010, still dont know how I threw it away. Won a pot once against Dan Brown. Played two GUKPTs this year. Played every UKOPS without cashing. Once won a £1000 gtd tournament on Sky on five consecutive days. As a current TSP member I will be a guest on the show this Sunday. I have also put up a blog here.
    Posted by penguin7
    brilliant tony and witty too.

• Options
    BENDOG40BENDOG40 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2011
     - I qualified for TSP in Q1 2011 with Gixxer/scotty77 and RobbieRott in Q4 2010 :)
    This came from old format ie be in top 30 cash players over a 3 mth period (i was 30th)
    then win a 30 player mtt for tsp place.
    i dont play many mtt`s as i play cash in the main but my mtt results are
    a few ft in open (2 wins 2 2nd) primo ft 2k gnt 1 win 1k gnt 2 wins and a few smaller gnt mtt
    Events while with tsp
    spt cardiff - cashed
    gukpt sheffield
    ukipt edinburgh

lucky enough to win some £s to go to vegas on holiday 5 times in the last 4 years again played mostly cash games got a few places in small buy in tourneys 2nd in wynn $100 rebuy 4th in venetian $150 entry
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    What do you mean about trying to win the DTD for TSP single handed Steve ?

Think we got there 3 weeks ago ! I will have another go on Monday.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
     - I qualified for TSP in Q1 2011 with Gixxer/scotty77 and RobbieRott in Q4 2010 :) This came from old format ie be in top 30 cash players over a 3 mth period (i was 30th) then win a 30 player mtt for tsp place. i dont play many mtt`s as i play cash in the main but my mtt results are a few ft in open (2 wins 2 2nd) primo ft 2k gnt 1 win 1k gnt 2 wins and a few smaller gnt mtt Events while with tsp spt cardiff - cashed gukpt sheffield ukipt edinburgh lucky enough to win some £s to go to vegas on holiday 5 times in the last 4 years again played mostly cash games got a few places in small buy in tourneys 2nd in wynn $100 rebuy 4th in venetian $150 entry
    Posted by BENDOG40
    thanks alan... but please remember not to play mtts and stay on your side of the fence.

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited November 2011

Hi all, just noticed this thread thanks to Aussie09.

I've been playing poker for four years now and am still a massive fish.

My biggest successes came when I was an even bigger fish 2 to 3 years back when I won 2 or 3 opens and 2 or 3 of the old velocity tournies on Sky. I didn't really know what I was doing but I managed to shove chips into the middle and hit cards. I still remember my 1st open win for about £1300 and how bad I was. I'd made the final table as CL with about 700k chips. 2nd in chips had about 500k and everyone else was short. 1st hand gets folded round to me in the sb and I SHOVE into 500k man with 73 off! He tanked and called with qq - i rivered the straight, shocking. My last (and biggest) open win was in early 09 for just a bit over £1500.

I don't play many tournies atm (cos I suck - see above), so just grind a loss on the DYM's. I do get C4P's for these though and made enough a few months back to join the priority club - this gives you an extra 25% on top of what you normally get so is a good deal. The priority team are great too and look after you well. 

I had ammassed enough stt points to make the TSP qualifier with a starting stack of 9000 (biggest was 10k and many had as low as 5k I think). So I had messing about chips at the start and just trundled along until a massive hand came up with Lolraise and Robyoung. My image was quite tight on this table and we were 5 handed. I made it 2800 (my memory's not this good, I've checked the hh) from 2nd position with the blinds 600/1200 (my total stack was ~20k). Robyoung flats on the button and sb folds. Lolraise then shoves for ~20k and I tank. I know Lol could easily be trying to pick up the dead money from Rob's flat. I've got KQ and think what the hey, I'll flip with Lol assuming Rob's got to fold if do - so I go all-in. Robyoung then tanks and his timer goes all the way down... before he calls. (with a total stack of just under 30k, so he had us both covered).

Lol flips over A9 and Rob QQ. Flop comes 8, 10, J, 

Turn 5...

River K. Bink.

So I triple up to 60k and then win one big flip with Aussie09 (AK vs 88) and make the final 6 to qualify. Aussie also recovered from that hand to make it aswell of course.

My goals for 2012 are to become a winning player on the DYM's and improve / keep learning about the game. I might play some more tournies too if things go well.

To conclude, I'm fairly out of my depth in this team but am happy for the experience (was cool to get my hoodie too) and enjoyed playing the UKOPS which I chose instead of playing GUKPT as part of the TSP package. Had a couple of cashes for £265 total profit in that. (Had the chance for another four figure payout when I was sitting pretty 3rd / 25 in the Sat Event, but donked off my chips as usual to finish 15th).

Run well peeps,

Jingle.

• Options
    edited November 2011

thanks jingle... a great piece. 

keep thinking about a shark in fishes clothing.

ps do you have a real first name?

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2011
    Just to brag I came 2nd in the GUKPT 6 Max at the Vic the other day for 5.4k!

Nice post Jingle.  Very honest too which is rare :)

Well done on the show the other night Penguin...was it hot in there

Ummm yeah I'm just about to go to the Vic again now to play in a 220 event so hopefully will have more good news to brag about later on haha
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just to brag I came 2nd in the GUKPT 6 Max at the Vic the other day for 5.4k! Nice post Jingle.  Very honest too which is rare :) Well done on the show the other night Penguin...was it hot in there Ummm yeah I'm just about to go to the Vic again now to play in a 220 event so hopefully will have more good news to brag about later on haha
    Posted by scotty77
    wowser ryan

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the updates TSPers - Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Well done at the Vic, Scotty. Think you are going to keep your good live run going.

Not hot in studio and really enjoyed it. But a bit tough for me as a guest to follow Paul Jackson and Reds. And with Carlo its sometimes hard to get a word in edgeways ! But I think I learnt a lot about poker from working with him.