You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2011
    ok a tournie report

it was a 220bi turbo tournie.  7.5k chips and 25 min clock so a tournie where you couldn't hang about in.

won a few small pots before the first break.  got upto 14k I think....maybe a bit less

made one big hero call early on tho.  i was down to 5.6k at the start of the hand

25/50 this guy raises MP and he gets 3 callers.  I find 78o in the SB and call as does the BB.

flop is 8 5 3 with 2 diamonds.  its checked to the raiser who bets 500 into 900.  its folded to me and I call.  BB folds

turn is a low diamond.  a 6 I think.  I check and he checks instantly

river is a Q diamond bringing 4 on the board.  I check and he bets 1.1k pretty much instantly.  I think for a minute and don't think his line makes much sense here.  I have played with him before and he is fairly active so knew he was capable of firing with air.  He would have bet all overpairs on the turn I think.  He wouldn't bet a Q here.  Also he never checked his cards for a diamond on the turn/river which is a tell that people tend to give off a lot. Doubt he bets a diamond lower than a J here either.

So I made the call with just the one pair and he pretty much snap mucked.  Along with various comments about how bad I am blah blah blah how these young kids never fold a hand, never seen anyone play so bad LOLOL

I kept on taking down smallish pots and built upto 24k

Blinds 400/800/75a I raise to 1700 in MP and the SB (6k stack lol) calls and so does the BB.  I have QThh.

Flop is a pretty amazing T 9 5 with 2 hearts.  SB jams.  BB folds.  I snap obv.  He has 78hh.  Turn 9 river offsuit 6.

That took me down to 15k....I folded for a bit and the blinds/antes got me down to 12k when the blinds were 500/1k/100a.

This guy jams 8 CO and I rejam 12k with A9hh.  CO has JTo and hits a J.

So there I am with 4k...4bb.  Get it in next hand 3 way with KQ.  Flop is a pretty nice Q 8 3 r.  Turn J river J and one of them has AJ.  Think I was like 43rd out of 131 runners so a fairly good performance and don't think I played a single hand wrong all tournie.

It was a turbo tournie so one where you do need to just run well....gonna play the 350 2 dayer tonight.  Think its 10k chips 40min clock so a lot more breathing room tonight.

• Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited November 2011

good read ryan.  thanks for the post.  fascinating stuff and good luck later.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    cheers aussie.

not really feeling playing online at the minute so gonna just write up a report on the 6 max...this one will be long haha...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ok so the 6 max was a 250+25 with a 40 minute clock.  6 max in live poker is a dream...but sadly due to costs/logisitcal reasons its something thats rare to see in the live arena, although I think that DTD are putting some weight behind it lately which is good to see.

Anwyay so my opening table was pretty much amazing.  There was one good player and I had position on him.  The rest really did look like the classic 'punter'.

So yeah didn't play a hand for 20 mins or so and someone limps utg 25/50.  I complete SB with T9o and BB checks.

Flop is a nice J Q K for the 2nd nuts.  2 diamonds on board tho.  I donk bet 150 and both BB and UTG limper call.

Turn is a 3s.  I bet 600 and they both call.

River is 4c.  I bet 1.5k and the BB surprises me and raises to 4.5k.  I think with the 2 diamonds on board he is probably never flatting with AT and would probably raise PF anyway.  I decide to just flat call tho just in case as I will still have 3k behind to grind back if I'm wrong.  He shows the K4o.

I then win some small pots and am up to 24k.  Go back down to 16k at the first break.  

First hand back this laggy guy raises CO and BTN flats.  Think he makes it 600 at 100/200.  I 3bet BB to 1.9k with AKo..CO raises and BTN calls.  Flop is 7 4 4 with 2 clubs.  I bet 2k and he jams for 6k total.  I think he usually has like 55/66/88/99 and club draws.  I have the Ac too which kind of helps.  I call.  He shows KQo so am surprised to see I'm masssively ahead.  Q river tho see the pot shipped in the wrong direction tho.

I then find AA and double up and then find AA again and lose and then get a table move.  

Think I had 8k at 150/300.

Recognise a couple of people there from the circut.  First hand at the table find TT and raise to 700.  Young circuit pro and highly aggro player 3bets SB and I just 4bet jam.  He snap folds and shows AJ which I was surprised at saying he doesn't know how I play and I could be a rock LOLOL.

Grind my stack up to 14k by the next break.  Mainly by 3bet jamming spots.

Blinds were 300/600/50a first hand back....CO goes to 1.5k and I find QJo on the BTN and just jam.  BB (playing 6k) calls.  CO tanks and folds.  BB AK board runs out T 7 7 T Q.  CO says he folded 99 and that my jam with QJ was terrible and one of the worst plays he has ever seen.

So yeah 22kish then lose a couple of small pots and don't do much and I'm down to 12k at 400/800.  Find KJo in the CO and just jam.  BB snaps and shows AKdd.  Flop is a pretty horrible 8 4 2 with 2 diamonds.  Turn is a black Jack tho :)  Brick river :)

Then win another all in next hand.  Can't remember how but its safe to say I probably got lucky.  Had 35k.  Then lose JJ v 55 aipf.  Then lose another pot.  I'm down to 12k again at 500/1k.  Folded to me on the BTN and I just jam blind.  SB snap rejams.  Me K3dd him AQhh.  Flop a flush tho so thats an easy game.

So yeah had like 25bb and folded for a bit.  Find JJ utg and raise.  The good young circuit pro who I mentioned before jams the btn.  I snap.  He has ATcc.  Flop is T high but we fade the 5 outs to get upto 50kish.

There was a level or so left until day 2...won a couple of pots and lost some.  Think I bagged up 46k....with 16 left and 11 getting money at day 2...I was just below average but was happy with my stack...
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2011

Nice Read Scotty.
    I wish I had your confidence playing live, but i'm certainly getting better at it.

I've not tried a turbo event live yet, tend to stick to the deepies. But maybe it would be good experience for me to try them and get used to playing a wider range of holding cards.

Keep up the good work. 

• Options
    edited November 2011
    So get up early to make the drive into London for 2.  Traffic was clear so got there in good time and had a chat with a mate who was still in.

They did a table redraw.  I had position on Toby Lewis which was welcome news.  Sky regular LJB1989 (Brother of Sam1986) was also on my table.  Had one very bad player who was on my table the day before and one new guy.

First hand I flop a set and get paid a bit, not as much as I'd hoped tho, and get upto 60k.  Then had to raise fold pre and was down to 40k. 

Also Sam1986 made day 2 too and he lasted 2 hands as he ran JJ into KK so that was pretty sick but Sam is always smiling and takes his beats properly, doesn't compain and just moves on so he was straight onto the cash tables.

Find AKo utg and go to 3.5k @ 800/1.6/200.  utg1 3bets to 10k.  Toby Lewis cold 4bets to 25k.  I wasn't really worried about Toby and would have happily got it in but then I looked at the utg1 guy and he looked so so comfortable.  I made the very very massive nitty fold.  utg1 insta jams and Toby folds.

Next orbit raise utg with 99 and LJB 3bets the BTN.  I ahve like 25bb at this point and just jam.  LJB calls with AQ and I hold...go upto 70kish.

2 hands later its folded to me in SB and I rase with T9ss.  BB calls and flop is a fairly good Q 9 3 with 2 diamonds.  I check and he bets 4.5k into like 8.  I call.  Turn is a 5s and I now have a flush draw.  Check and he checks too. River is a 4s so now I ahve a flush.  I bet quite small @ 5.7k to kind of look like a block bet and wanna try and induce a raise from missed draws and also he may raise a Q here.  He does raise to 15k.  I jam.  He snaps.  Show my flush and he says so sick and shows 67o for a straight.

A couple of people then bust and we burst the bubble and I move tables.  First hand I get QQ and some money 3bet jams into me with 88.  Hold and am upto probably 200k at this point with 10 left and 1m chips in play.

It kind of goes slow for a bit.  I win a few pots then lose a race to LJB him 88 and me AQ and this time he holds.  Go down to 150ish.

LJB then raises utg and I find AA on the BTN.  I 3bet (my third 3bet in a row) and he thinks for a bit and gets all of his yellow chips and 4bets them.  I had my iPod on and just insatnaly said CALL and show my AA without realising he hadn't said all in only raise and still had 20k behind.  Anyway I could no longer bet any aggressive action and AA holds against his AQ.  Think the table was annoyed at my mistake as it was on a ladder jump too lol.

So yeah on 220k with 9 left I think and raise K9hh utg.  Man calls BTN and flop is K Q 8 r.  I bet and he tank raises.  I call.  Turn is a brick.  I check and he jams 80k into like a 60k pot.  I think and call and he shows KQ to leave me dead.  Thinking about it it was such a bad call but w/e.  So yeah then lose a couple of more posts and am soon down to 60k and am probably the 2nd short stack.

Win some more pots and do some 3bet jamming and am on 100kish.  LJB has managed to get his 20k upto about 50k.  Blinds 1.5/3k/300a LJB raises SB and I find A6o in the BB.  Just jam and he snaps with QQ.  Was in big trouble but found an A.

Was down to 7 players and then the Grosvenor came up with a ridic ruiling of playing 4+3 and moving a plyer every 20 mins to make it fair.  Just ridic but Grosvenor never listen to what the players say despite everyone asking to play a 7 handed FT.

I was on the 3 handed table and pretty much won every pot.

I raise BTN with J6o @ 2/4k and this really nitty guy like min 3bets to 13k.  Obviously hes massive here but think I can outplay him on the flop so call.  Flop is A T 5 and he looks really scared and bets 8k into like 30k.  I flat call with J high.  Turn is a brick can't remember.  He bets 10k and I go to 25k.  He insta folds.  Show the bluff to make everyone aware of my skills /brag

On the other table a lady was left with just an ante after losing a big all in.  She then won like 8 all ins in a row to get to 10bb.  Then Carlo and Toby Lewis got it in with 88 and JJ and the JJ holds.  so she manages to make the FT after the epic spin up.....
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    So I make the FT with about 240k.  Theres 1m in play and I think I'm 2nd in chips.  Get a good draw with positon on Lewis again.

We go down to 5 pretty quickly.  UTG raises and the lady jams in her 10bb from the CO.  Quick call and her KQ is in bad shape v KK.

I won some small pots.  UTG has raised and Lewis min 3bet the button.  I managed to find the cold 4bet from the BB with the 78o /skills.

Upto 300kish.

Then me and the other big stack go into a pot.  I raise UTG with JTdd to 13k and he flats BTN.  BB completes  Flop is 9 3 4 with 2 diamonds.  I bet 28k and BTN flats.  Turn is a black 6 and I bet 63k.  He tank folds.

Some man then jams the sb with 12bb and gets instantly accomodated by the BB who found AA.  SB K9ss and doesn't find any help.

So 4 handed.  Then raise AK utg and Toby Lewis jams SB.  I snap Lewis K7ss and I hold.

On 500k here with 1 million in play.

Next hand the other guys get it all in with A6 and QQ.  The A hits and we are HU.

We are about even.  The guy grinds me down to 350k and then I get it in wtih AK v QJ and the board comes J T 3.....K 2 so go into a big lead.

Then he grinds me down again.  Get down to 350 and once again get it in with AK v A9 and hold.  Chip lead again.

He grinds me down again and I'm now on 300k with blinds at 6/12 and about to go to 8/16.  I raise and he just jams.  I call with A6 and he has A8 and 8 flop.

Tbh I think I played okish HU.  It was very frustrating as whenever I was raising/3betting light he would either 3bet me or just jam and whenever I had a hand like AJ/QJs/KTo something that I would happily 4bet jam with or call off he would either flat or fold.

Still 5.4k was a very nice result and he def played the best poker when it got HU.
  • Options
    shaun84shaun84 Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2011
    Don't know if I am allowed to post in your thread guys,but, after reading Scotty77's post above thought I would just say that I enjoyed reading it and hope that I will be playing like that soon. Makes for a great read and I'll look forward to reading about your future endeavours. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham.
  • Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited November 2011
    yeah good read scotty well done for ur 2nd go one better next time m8 lol
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited December 2011
    Orfordable Deepstack Team Challenge Tonight - its HERE 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thought I would play the £3,000 Bounty Hunter and look what happened. 

£3,000 Bounty Hunter

aussie097460001£466.25 + £180.76 Head Prizes + 50 League Points16 
    CHILLI88402£279.75 + £65.95 Head Prizes + 46 League Points7 
    nye0903£186.50 + £28.10 Head Prizes + 38 League Points4 

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********:
    Thought I would play the £3,000 Bounty Hunter and look what happened.  £3,000 Bounty Hunter                 aussie09 746000 1 £466.25 + £180.76 Head Prizes + 50 League Points 16   CHILLI884 0 2 £279.75 + £65.95 Head Prizes + 46 League Points 7   nye09 0 3 £186.50 + £28.10 Head Prizes + 38 League Points 4   Grave 0 4 £130.55 + £56.37 Head Prizes + 32 League Points 5   mcfc_nick 0 5 £111.90 + £62.50 Head Prizes + 28 League Points 11   Hynesy548 0 6 £93.25 + £18.05 Head Prizes + 24 League Points 4    
    Posted by aussie09
    Nice One Comrade!! Save some Rungood for the week-end!!

ps Rob, check out ma week-end plans, in HitSquad HotNews, join in if ya want!!! LOL!!

The Hitman!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********:
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread ********** : Nice One Comrade!! Save some Rungood for the week-end!! ps Rob, check out ma week-end plans, in HitSquad HotNews, join in if ya want!!! LOL!! The Hitman!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

thanks dave.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Great reult in the Sunday Roller last night for Julian....

£8,000 Sunday Roller
    joesman11950001£3200 + 30 League Points
    yoyo02£2000 + 26 League Points
    ALLIZWELL03£1200 + 18 League Points
    david66604£880 + 12 League Points
    macapaca05£720 + 6 League Points

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited December 2011
    Great reult in the Sunday Roller last night for Julian.... £8,000 Sunday Roller joesman1 195000 1 £3200 + 30 League Points yoyo 0 2 £2000 + 26 League Points ALLIZWELL 0 3 £1200 + 18 League Points david666 0 4 £880 + 12 League Points macapaca 0 5 £720 + 6 League Points
    Posted by aussie09
    Better result for joesman LOL!!

WP Julian, lol,
    Hold on wer'nt us three sharing the same bottle of wine fri nite, they must got all the run good that was in it!!

Sancerre FTW!!
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2011
    wow just read your tourney report ryan N1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Am off to DTD to play the £1k Monte Carlo for Team Sky Poker.  Amazing structure in this...30k chips and 1 hour clock.  Not really designed for luckboxes like me but w/e will give it a shot.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Am off to DTD to play the £1k Monte Carlo for Team Sky Poker.  Amazing structure in this...30k chips and 1 hour clock.  Not really designed for luckboxes like me but w/e will give it a shot.  
    Posted by scotty77
    good luck ryan... be good.   and well done on thursday's show.  excellent stuff.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    made day 2 of the monte.  got 60k....800/1600/200a when we get back

thew also made it with 130k
  • Options
    edited December 2011

very good going ryan, julian.  consistently good too.