You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!!

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
edited April 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
contained in a little story. 

POSTMASTER VIC VENTURI, a WEST END ROCKER ACCORDING TO PETE went to PLANET OF SOUND ON HIS OWN BECAUSEICOULDNTSEE DEEP PURPLE at THE MIDNIGHT CLUB, KILLYGLEN through the MIDNIGHT HAZE and the ORGANISED CONFUSION. 
HELLO BUD, WIERD AL, SWING BILL, RARE BOB AND GILES CROSS JUNIOR of CHICAGO GREY SYNCHRONISED IN COMPLIANCE with ALFA BEAT whose SHAKALAKABOOMBOOM was ALWAYS WAINING at the NEPTUNE COLLONGES club in CALGARY BAY. 
Meanwhile SUNNYHILL BOY, with he's LE BEAU BAI and his MON MOME eating SEABASS, BLACK APALACHI TREACLE followed by a CAPPA BLEU at the ARBOR SUPREME in BALLABRIGGS knew the STATE OF PLAY with THARAWAAT, QUISCOVER FONTAINE and TATENEN because he was ALWAYS RIGHT.

The moral of the story is that i am always right. 

Father V

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2012
    killyglen, chicago grey, cappa bleu, rare bob v the field

killyglen most likely chance of winner, going great last year before falling a few out, connections buzzing about him, missed fancy ante post prices but ill be waiting to the day anyway, 16's now, hopefully will be in and around same come sat mornin, meets almost every trend over past 10 years, if i werent such a lazy get id put them up 

the rest as e/w savers, trends met also on most parts, chicagos only real negative (apart from tendancy to be held up and might need luck in running) is the fact he is Grey  ; )
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited April 2012
    Cappa Bleu for me at 25/1 and West end Rocker at 25/1(prices awhile ago) but also i think if fit(!!!) ....Black Appalachi 40/1 should run a good race, have had him in the past and seems to love the course,which is half the battle.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Apart from Always Right,

Giles Cross must be there or thereabouts if he takes to Paddy Brennan
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!!:
    Apart from Always Right, Giles Cross must be there or thereabouts if he takes to Paddy Brennan
    Posted by vaigret

It's 10/1 now!   I got it at 25/1 yesterday! 
  • Options
    mickgil75mickgil75 Member Posts: 328
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!! : It's 10/1 now!   I got it at 25/1 yesterday! 
    Posted by Glenelg
    awe i was gonna back him at 20,s other day, never mind.junior has a good chance i,d say
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    well done on getting 25-1
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    25's great price if it comes up HEAVY.................. the fact theres been rain people have latched on to Giles, ive backed him myself for Welsh National when just getting collared late on, and when victorious in Haydock National Trial (winners have keek record in National) but rains gonna make it soft at the most, which will obviously guarantee connections to run him rather than it coming up on good side, but id be concerned if 'soft' will be soft enough for a win? He ideally needs an absolute bog
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    money for west end rocker also, backed him at 33's last year when unluckily brought down, told meself at time id back him for this, then completly missed him in the Becher when he hosed up (heavy) - the soft rather than heavy will bode better for him the Giles Cross, but again a question mark this time in shape of no run this calander year

always right found the heavy too much in Haydock trial but has solid form good/soft, interesting
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Idonkcallu, if you bet you will have your own ideas of the winner but if not some people on here like to have info. Even followers of the nags like advice from other punters which they might use to narrow down the field, not all horses have the same chance. In fact I feel this year's race is a very good standard, you would do well to narrow it down to fifteen possible winners.

Bellpoker, I disagree with you re Giles Cross if ground heavy. I would go for his conqueror in the Welsh National Le Beau Bai.  

You are right re West End Rocker, I backed him last year after seeing him win a Warwick race in deep mud and the conditions will be well in his favour this year. Also he has been laid out for this and I like the fact Wayne Hutchinson rides him instead of Choc.  
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Extra distance and heavy certainly looks to play into Le Beau Bai over Giles Cross. 

With regards Always Right I now worry that the heavy over 4miles might be too much, however I just got the feeling he wasnt 100% fit for Haydock Trail. He was waltzing up to them before going out like a light two out. that usually means didnt get trip, yet he has won over 4miles, or one race short of full fitness and the trial has brought him on. It's anybody's guess. LOL 
  • Options
    edited April 2012

i think thats an argument best kept if it comes up heavy, which i a) sincerely hope not i do not want another red marauder race and b) would have to ditch my initial selections and side with all 3 - GC, LBB and WER. 

but were talking rain of monsoon proportions and it probably wont happen and i probably wont have to

• Options
    edited April 2012

do we have any liverpuddlians on board with weather updates?

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!! : It's 10/1 now!   I got it at 25/1 yesterday! 
    Posted by Glenelg

That's purely down to the chances of soft/heavy going. It NEEDS it. Grrrr I backed it for the Welsh National and did the stupid thing of counting my winnings 3 out.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Lol I should really erase my above comment. Only after I had posted it did I read the other posts relating to  it. Feel like a parrot now.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!! : That's purely down to the chances of soft/heavy going. It NEEDS it. Grrrr I backed it for the Welsh National and did the stupid thing of counting my winnings 3 out.
    Posted by joesman1
    was counting the dollars myself for flips sakes , though maybe not as bad as last year when i started moaning mid race that i didnt have enough on ballabriggs (a modest 5er e/w) @ 14's when my dad told me to catch myself on and that there was still 3 fences to go!!!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    joesman and bellpoker, help please!

What is your reading of the distance and heavy going re Le Beau Bai 10-3/33-1 and Giles Cross 10-1 and 14-1 battle . Which do you think should come out on top or is it too close to call and back both secenario. I fancy more value in Le Beau Bai but would like your opinions.

Father V
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    joesman and bellpoker, help please! What is your reading of the distance and heavy going re Le Beau Bai 10-3/33-1 and Giles Cross 10-1 and 14-1 battle . Which do you think should come out on top or is it too close to call and back both secenario. I fancy more value in Le Beau Bai but would like your opinions. Father V
    Posted by vaigret

3 out in the Welsh Nat' there was only one winner, GC, but D O'Regan went on too soon, as it jumped the last  it started rallying, all the way to the line. Even after Haydock it's still slightly better off in the weights with LBB. But my honest opinion (not that it should carry much weight) is that unless it comes up a complete bog, (which is very unlikely) neither will be fast enough. But value wise LBB is defo better value as its nearly 3 times the price. If u could get a match bet between the two, with equivalent prices i.e 1/3, 9/4, I'd lump on the 9/4 LBB. Can you use your powers at Sky Bet to organise this Father??? 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    no id defo back both (regardless of what i add on below) , but id literally be wanting the word heavy in the going.

le beau bai far better value @ 40's for me

giles cross 25/1 the dude above got is a stonking price considering 10/1 places now, but its only (imo) guranteeing him a run, its not guaranteeing a victory!!

he'll go okay on soft as i said but both would relish a bog

thing with a bog is , it will inconvenience others and like the red maraunder race as I said and you'll know about too well Fr V, we'll only get a handful home, and these two should you'd imagine be bang there.

seperating the two, giles cross better jimper and more genuine, though like at chepstow, you kind of get the inkling that le beau bai will outstay him

BUT..........!!!! (and im getting the feeling ive largely contributed to this/even worse started it!!!)   theres gonna have to be a lorra lorra rain for me to consider either (youre talking alot more than thats fallen so far)

i wouldnt back giles cross @ 12's good/soft , or even soft, as ive question marks about a few others gewtting home ahead of him who can handle that also, if it came up proper heavy id hammer him anything over 6/1  , hammer both and in the rv f/c also!!!   ; )
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    fair play til denis o' regan, apparently was told he could ride giles cross a few pounds overweight but declined saying he (the horse) would have better chance off correct weight - and paddy brennans hardly a bad substitute is he?? the rainfalls certainly making this interesting i could desert my initial picks if it continues to fall (though ill be keeping cappa bleau) come on sunshine waken up for killyglens chances please!!! i really hope he gets his day in the sun (excuse the pun)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks joesman and bellpoker,

It shows how difficult this years race is. 

As far as I can see there are 5 horses tied together through the Welsh National 2010 and 2011runnings /Haydock Trial form that stand out above the others who ran in those races. They are LBB, Giles Cross, Synchronised, Cappa Bleu and Neptunes Collonges. to pick one of them is hard enough without forgetting the other 35. 
    Synchronised and GC have both improved but GC only has 5lb pull on 2010 Welsh running. GC has 7lb pull with Le Beau Bai on 2011 running. All like soft /heavy ground although the quicker it is I feel would be better for Synchronised. I think i can disregard Cappa Bleu as only has 2lb pull with GC on 2010 running and has gone backwards while GC improved, ok ground might be better for him but distance is untried.
    Now Neptune, well he is 5lb worse off with GC on trial running when GC beat him on heavy and I think he ran a he ll uva race that day. I cant see him repeating it and I take it Ruby had choice of riding him.
    So summing up.

Le Beau Bai is best value especially if a bog. other wise back Synchronised or GC.

Not bad thats five horses knocked down to 3. Now to start on other 35. LOL