You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!!

Comments

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited April 2012
    just backed won in the dark again again bell best price i can see and got is 18s now  w/o BB
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!!:
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!! : Meant the early prices on Desert Cry, I'm hoping it will be 16/1 plus, and I'm sure there are plenty of shrewdies out there gonna be galloping it up
    Posted by joesman1
    yeah i got that! just started a completly new topic re the national again! think he (desert cry) may open up about that, may we see a son of flicka-esque punt on him? perhaps
  • Options
    ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited April 2012

Hey guys.  I aint a big horse racing fan but always enjoy the National and Cheltenham Festival.

I know a guy who is up on his horse racing and he says a good outside bet is ALWAYS WAINING. Looked a bit into it and seems to run the big Aintree fences well. Not sure about his weight and stamina tho. Any thoughts as a good E/w bet

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey guys.  I aint a big horse racing fan but always enjoy the National and Cheltenham Festival. I know a guy who is up on his horse racing and he says a good outside bet is ALWAYS WAINING. Looked a bit into it and seems to run the big Aintree fences well. Not sure about his weight and stamina tho. Any thoughts as a good E/w bet
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Ignore this now as just seen that ALWAYS WAINING and Le BEAU BAI are not running.
    Back to square one now.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT; HERE IS THE GRAND NATIONAL WINNER!! : Ignore this now as just seen that ALWAYS WAINING and Le BEAU BAI are not running. Back to square one now.
    Posted by ALFIE123
    always waining would be a good shout for 3rd year in a row for the topham (Fri) he eats the fences and trip ideal - national itself i think would be a bridge too far staying wise but well never know. he held entry in topham and being dual winner of that id be surprised if they dont go that route now . i myself fancy Fabalu for the topham for what its worth but if always waining lines up ill be having a look
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,330
    edited April 2012
    now down to eight, thanks to connections for making it a little easier.

Synchronised-7-1-well handicapped and if he gets round will win. Price short enough though.
    Black Appalachi-33-1-Sound form and 3lb better than 2nd in 2010. but 2 years older. hmmmm
    Junior-11-1-the story horse, cheltanham Ascot, National Winner?
    According to Pete -28-1 - ran tremendous racers this year
    Always Right - 28-1looked like he would have waltzed past Giles Cross and if palate op has worked well he will win
    Killyglen -16-1-6lb less than last year when he looked likely winner. Will he remeber experience as good or bad ?
    Becauseicouldntsee- 20-1-ran well at Cheltenham and 2nd behind ante post fav Prince de Beucherne
    Giles Cross -10-1 -stand out at bottom of handicap, pity no o'reagan 

• Options
    edited April 2012
    what a good start that was gutted
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    FOLLOW THE PLAN   BBBBBOOOOOMMMM GOT 66s ew 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    CONGRATULATIONS ANDYBUCK

NOW THAT TAKES SOME TIPPING 

50-1 SHOT

Horse that beat him before

Treacle

running in the national tomoz, needs another look
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    follow the plan very very nice! he ran big race last year when 3rd, and i if im honest i thought his win in the guiness Gold cup was a fluke so this has proved it wasnt, travelled powerfully and deserved to win. credit where credits due - great shout, some price too, my word!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    cheers bell won plenty but 2ew double won in the dark 66s and follow the plan 66s ,,omg won in the dark never touched a twig cruising for a place and donkey harry curses me but i aint grumbling aintree paid for and more all ready
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    yeah i thought he was going quite well out the back myself, going by distance won, and run last year, he wouldve been in first 3 getting round yeah. crack away jack ran quite well for most part to show that alls not lost, hope a change (another change) of scenary can spark some life into him

make sure you dont waste all your winnings on Fingal bay tomorrow, but i obviously wont stop you from lumping on like you said. id said previously that fences and 3m will be making of the horse, obviously a very good hurdler but that why i would have taken him on all day long in neptune due to trip/ground. well grounds softer here and obviously hes finally gone up in trip and worthy favourite and its easy to dismiss a favourite just for sake of it but wow the race looks hot , cotton mill running a blinder in neptune before running out, and the list goes on.

im taking knock a hand, really imporessed with the way he outbattled gillinbursti in the rearranged newbury meeting. obviously a good few pounds inferior to fingal, but hobbs' charge looks for all intents and purposes set for taking on the bigger obstacles next season and this could be hurdle swansong, im not sure if push comes to shove dickie johnson will knock him about too much, espec after injury (no matter how severe).

this race has been known to throw up some big price winners (shocks) and theres many a danger lurking, looking forward to it and the topham the most
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    i think knockahand will be up there,my only rservation with fingal is its been on the go from early season although its not run for a while,and how soft is the ground,iwiill be backing fingal but im not as confident
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    FWIW i have done a double on

Albertas Run    (Melling Chase)
    Always Waining (Topham Chase) My pick originally for the National.

Had a brainwave then and also went for Apt Approach in the Topham.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

ive backed always waining ,i backed it last year bell,,no rain wanted

• Options
    edited April 2012
    good luck all.

If you respect Henry De Bromhead have a gander at catchersinscratchers in 4.15 , currently 100-1.

Ok no mare has won this for a few years but as such gets weight all round. Has won at this trip on good ground, they have watered selectively, so dont see it being soft. Lightly campaigned and ran on ground it doesnt like last time and blew up 3 out on comeback race. Will strip a lot fitter this time out. 

Ok hot race and she might not win but she wont run like a 100-1 shot and at 20-1 a place sure is value.

Father V 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    good luck all. If you respect Henry De Bromhead have a gander at catchersinscratchers in 4.15 , currently 100-1. Ok no mare has won this for a few years but as such gets weight all round. Has won at this trip on good ground, they have watered selectively, so dont see it being soft. Lightly campaigned and ran on ground it doesnt like last time and blew up 3 out on comeback race. Will strip a lot fitter this time out.  Ok hot race and she might not win but she wont run like a 100-1 shot and at 20-1 a place sure is value. Father V 
    Posted by vaigret
    she could play a part and in the same race (again hinting to why i thought it was so hot) a case can actually be made for another 100/1 shot!! Netminder, unlucky not to beat subsequent Albertt Bartlett winner Brindis Breeze, with this one its a case being from unfashionable yard but horses outrun their prices all the time at this meeting, proof of that yesterday, and i expect could go very well indeed
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    i was having a look at always waining for a 3rd straight topham yesterday when pulled outta national, but will stick with my initial fancy Fabalu, injury prone throughout career but has a big one in him and this could be it

just the 2 bets for me (well 2 races, gonna have netminder e/w a few shillings for the craic in same race a knock a hand)

possibly have a flutter on its a gimme in the last, wanted to back this one at the festival before it was taken out of the decs.

no bet next but would be no shock if an outsider wins it ahead of darlan (who ran a blinder in supreme to be fair) - id say theatre guide could provide a shock. probably will now my moneys not down!!! grrrrrr 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    and thats a race where outsiders do well from memory, could bode well afterall for fingal and the other shorties today perhaps
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    and thats a race where outsiders do well from memory, could bode well afterall for fingal and the other shorties today perhaps
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    darlan winning obviously