You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,948
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

A lot of us lobbied for the big-buck Sunday Night Deepie - the £2,000 Guaranteed, £110 jobbie - but it's never really taken off.

Countless threads, & lots reaons why it rarely gets 20 Runners have been discussed, but the fact is, it's not getting Runners.

So, on THIS Sunday - & ONLY this Sunday, the Guarantee will be reduced to £1,500.

Sky Poker have given it long enough, & paid the Guarantee every week, but it cannot, & will not, continue, there is no point.

At present, it will be £110 Entry, & £1,500 Guaranteed, for THIS SUNDAY ONLY.

And what happens after that?

More.......

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009

Sky-Bernies current thinking is to make it £50 +£5, with a £1,000 Guarantee, supported by Satellites as previously. It will ALSO - from next week, not this week - move to Saturday, to avoid the big Sunday Night Primo etc.

But he's open to ideas & suggestions, as to what you guys want. But it HAS to be something that attracts a reasonable field, or, if I read the signs correctly, it will disappear completely.

Previously, there were requests for Satelites, but the truth is, they rarely ran. Too dear? Maybe. The Satellites for the £55 one will of course be cheaper, so that might help.

So, it's up to youuuuuuuuu.

What do you propose?

Sky-Bernie has shown time & again, that he'll give us any Comp we want, so speak now, or forever hold your peace.....

Can't say fairer than that.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    Getting a reasonable number of sats is the only way forward for this tournie.  I like the £55 entry idea tho and I'll probably just BI direct more often.  
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Good start!

Any more for any more?
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    I would luv to play in this and sats is the only way i could afford it.  50 or 110 quid I dont mind
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009

I can't afford £110, nor really £55 (£22 7.30 DP is really my max), but I'd try and satellite in if it becomes possible again.

Could you run the sats every night during the week at circa 9pm?

I'd prefer that to sats in the daytime tbh

• Options
    edited November 2009

Keep the feedback coming - I will send the Thread to Sky-Bernie when it's run it's course.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited November 2009
    I play the touney every week and love it!!

If its moved to a saturday night i cant play it due to other commitments. We usually get 15 runners every week so hopefully it could carry on with the new guarantee?

I completely understand the reason why sky have to drop the guarantee, but would hate for this tourney to be changed.

Alot of people have been asking recently for satelites to the tourney.

I really hoped this tourney would take off and thought (and still do) that it could be 'The' tournament for all serious mtt players.

Would it not be possible to keep the same time, day & buy in, this will attract the usual 15 - 18 runners and then look into the satelite structures to try to attract some more players?

Would all the £22 deepie players play the satelites?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    When the tournie first started we had a range of satellites...SnGs/Semis/sats into the semis and of course the standard 1/10 runner sats.  All of them never really took off.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited November 2009
    when the tourney first started we had 30 runners for the first month!
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    Well TK ..I remember when there was a game called  "something" Five O  (50)  it then became  "something 500 ..
    I cant remember of the top of my head , but ..the 50 game was always an early sell-out and people moaned they cou;dn't get a seat and it became '500... The point I'm making is why not go back to an exclusive 'first come first served" 50 buy in  .'something called THE BIG FIVE 0 ...fifty quid entry  50players ...   After all there are plenty of good other  games for 5  11  22  tghrough out Saturday night ..   Just my thought  ..who knows there might come a time when the  players are banging the door down to get  into the "Fifty Club"  (my age by the way ..what ?)

( I know this doesnt make much sense as  I'm busy reading greyhound form and answering phone calls)

glk  with whatever you come  up with benny
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009

I have tried entering sattelites to some tournies. I have found, that when the sats are less than £5 they are generally successful, and £10 plus not very successful.I think £10 plus players would rather pay direct into the 8pm tourny than a sat. Also it seems the sats are few and far between, so dont target the wider poker audience. Quite often i can be on the site and the next sat is 4 hours away. Why not advertise and try them in sit n go, and try the ladder format, like say, £4 1in 3 qualify for £11 1 in 4,qualify for £44 1 in 3 and buy in to any stage. (these prices are only examples) that way you will get the smaller bankrolled players having a go and their would be no cancelled tournies.They can also be open and running perminantly all week. Ive also seen on other sites where 2 hour b4 the tourny they have scary blind qualifiers in the mtt section, for the late players. The one thing i would say is, to get more players in expensive tournies, you have to run good sats, its the only way

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi tikay

I get a sense of de ja vue, it wasnt all that long ago the 19.30 deepy was struggling, I was asked to do some advertising thro the forum which I duly forgot (until tikay did a thread similar to this 1) to try to save it, it thankfully has seems to have worked, so maybe it is time I swapped advertsing the 19.30 and began concentrating on this?
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2009
    Moving it to a saturday spells disaster in my eyes as it think most the direct buy-in people do other things on saturday nights ! me for one and dan. Thats 2 buy-in people gone already.

Keep it to a sunday same stuff and see how it goes for say 3 weeks - then maybe drop it to a 50+5 and i pretty much guarentee that hitting 1k+ everyweek.

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    £50+5 buy in could mean £5.50 1 in 10 sats and/or £10 1 in 5 Sats.

Maybe we could have something even lower, like a £3 1 in 5 sat, into a semi 1 in 5, into the £55 main event. Sorry about my math! Then we can get some of the lower rolled players to try for this too - like myself. As a starter sat around the £3 mark is do-able.

Cheers.

Glum
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........:
    £50+5 buy in could mean £5.50 1 in 10 sats and/or £10 1 in 5 Sats. Maybe we could have something even lower, like a £3 1 in 5 sat, into a semi 1 in 5, into the £55 main event. Sorry about my math! Then we can get some of the lower rolled players to try for this too - like myself. As a starter sat around the £3 mark is do-able. Cheers. Glum
    Posted by Grimstar30
    ive just said something along these lines 20 mins ago. i said do it in the sitngo so it runs constantly, great idea lol
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009

Hi,

I would definitely look to play this every week if it was a £55 buy-in (obviously bankroll dependant) as my usual buy in, like Darich, is no more than £22.

However, im happy to pay extra for this comp, as the structure is brilliant!

My suggestion would be to leave it on a Sunday and make it £55. Cancel the £22 Deepie on a Sunday and have this £55 one instead.

I believe we would get 30 runners at least and alot of the £22 Deepie crowd would play the £55 instead if the £22 Deepie does not run on the Sunday as suggested.

Of course Satellites (1 in 5)- £11 and (1 in 10) £5.50 should run all day sunday too!

Thats my input anyway:)
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........:
    Hi, I would definitely look to play this every week if it was a £55 buy-in (obviously bankroll dependant) as my usual buy in, like Darich, is no more than £22. However, im happy to pay extra for this comp, as the structure is brilliant! My suggestion would be to leave it on a Sunday and make it £55. Cancel the £22 Deepie on a Sunday and have this £55 one instead. I believe we would get 30 runners at least and alot of the £22 Deepie crowd would play the £55 instead if the £22 Deepie does not run on the Sunday as suggested. Of course Satellites (1 in 5)- £11 and (1 in 10) £5.50 should run all day sunday too! Thats my input anyway:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

In Simple Terms:

Increase the buyin for the £22 Deepie to £55 on a Sunday! lol ) Oh and cancel the £110 one...
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited November 2009
    Good idea Greg, but I would suggest taking it further.  Cancel the 7:30 £22 deepie on Saturday and Sunday.  Introduce the £55 jobbie on a Saturday, and keep the £110 on a Sunday BUT remove the guarantee.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Greg that sounds like the best idea.
  • Options
    BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited November 2009
    Greg that has got to be the best idea.  I think like you that it will get 30 runners plus. 
    I also think that, as benny as pointed out,  when these turneys are promoted heavily they get the support. 
    The five 'o' was a £110 buyin turney and got 50 runners every week with out fail. 
    Dantb and Nutter, GB, Ger etc etc would all play in this if it was the flagship turney!  I dont think the £2k deep stack has had the promotion that other sky 'main event' turneys get.  Make it exclusive like the five'o' and they will come.

Or even make the five'o' a once a month turney with a £20k guarantee.  £55 buyin.  Satelite/promote the h ell out of it all month and this is sure to get the numbers.  Sky dont have a special once a month turney any more and this would be ideal to fill that gap.