You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........

124»

Comments

• Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited November 2009
    I tink that the best way is to go back to something similar to the old Five-0 style. Fifty runners max, £55 buy in and no overlay. Run satellites in the evenings throughout the week at various buy in levels.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........:
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........ : LOL  hahaaaa   Classic ..  "I give up" !! )
    Posted by bennydip2
    tbf Benny I agree with LadyFingerz.  Multi-tabling is so easy mate just try it on the free play tables to get used to it.  If AJS can do 12 tables then you can do 2!  I know you say that you like to watch every hand but that kind of info really isn't important on a 6max tournie where you are gonna get moved round 5/6 times per tournie.
  • Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    i dont know how difficult this would be to add to sky..but it would be an earner for sky for sure .......
    but what about running sitngos where instead of winning cash you win tourney cash tickets where you can you can save them in your account until you have the desired sum to use in the large buyins....
     e.g 5.50 6 seater sitngo =30 quid ..1st 20 2nd 10 .....and just keep playing them til you have enuff tourney points  (110) for the 2k deepie on sundays...(or whatever desired tourney)

well i know what i mean !!!! hard to explain
  • Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    bumpish
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    i dont know how difficult this would be to add to sky..but it would be an earner for sky for sure ....... but what about running sitngos where instead of winning cash you win tourney cash tickets where you can you can save them in your account until you have the desired sum to use in the large buyins....  e.g 5.50 6 seater sitngo =30 quid ..1st 20 2nd 10 .....and just keep playing them til you have enuff tourney points  (110) for the 2k deepie on sundays...(or whatever desired tourney)  well i know what i mean !!!! hard to explain
    Posted by themackem
    Nice one  mackem ...That is a great Idea ..2nd that !! 
  • Options
    DrMarblesDrMarbles Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2009
    Whilst I'm sad to see the £2k Guarantee go, it was expected - I know Sky aren't a charity (except for their continued support to Help The Aged by giving elderly TV presenters work).

It is currently my favourite tourney on the internet - very deepstacked play all the way through, right to the end. Plus it's finished in about three hours.

Dropping the buy-in is certainly an option, but I'd be tempted to leave as is for now, with the exception of pushing satellites for it in the blue bit of the lobby. 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009

Interesting Post by Dr Marbles, who, as I never stop reminding folks, is a genuine poker World Champion, (Amateur) & it's interesting that a good player like him thinks the existing Tourney is the best on the net.

But it's not being supported by the Players, & there is overlay most weeks, so unless the numbers show a very sharp spike tonight, & we can persuade Sky Bernie to re-consider, we won't see it in it's current form again.

I will forward this Thread to Sky Bernie now, & he'll let us know what the decision is as to size of buy-in, & what night, in future.

My opinion?

1) I like it as is, but as I'm rarely available on a Sunday, my view is not relevant. I only played it once, & got 2nd for £600, so it's a shame it looks ike it's a goner. 

2) Interesting to see how many players mentioned the good old 5-00. I loved that one, & be it 50 @ £100, or 100 @ £50, I'd love to see it return. 

3) Of the options suggested, I like the "keep it to Sunday, reduce it to £50, & run it in place of the existing 7.30 £22 Deepie on a Sunday only. Sunday night is the traditional Online "big Night".
  • Options
    SUPERNOVASUPERNOVA Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2009
    i dont know how difficult this would be to add to sky..but it would be an earner for sky for sure ....... but what about running sitngos where instead of winning cash you win tourney cash tickets where you can you can save them in your account until you have the desired sum to use in the large buyins....  e.g 5.50 6 seater sitngo =30 quid ..1st 20 2nd 10 .....and just keep playing them til you have enuff tourney points  (110) for the 2k deepie on sundays...(or whatever desired tourney)  well i know what i mean !!!! hard to explain
    Posted by themackem
    That's a great idea, perhaps also it could be a way of using up some of those player points too. Another thought is maybe DYM sng's for tourney tickets that you could save up in the sme kind of way? I'd love to play in some of the bigger games that my bankroll budget won't run too yet and although I'm all in favour of satellite's all it takes is a donk or an outdraw and that's it and you're out!
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited November 2009
    if the guarantee is dropped to £1500 why cant it stay the same buy in, day and time, and just run the satelites. We have at least 15 runners every week anyway!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Well 13 players i believe last night. Their seems to be two camps here. One for the pay the full fee, or £50, and one for the sats. I think that it should either run on its own merits without the guarantee for the players who are prepared to pay the big fees, so if you get 13 players the pool will be £1300, or let the fish in with satellites, that are easily affordable for the majority of players (£5 or less IMO) Personally i like the 1st choice, i wouldnt be in it, however it still gives the players who like a big buy in tourny their fix.
  • Options
    skicowboysskicowboys Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay/Guys.
    Having read all of the posts on here it seems to me that 2 things are clear.

1. the guys that play the £110 are happy playing it, at the current buy in level.
    Common sense reaction from Sky IMO is leave it as it is, (time, buy in etc) but remove the guarantee, it will then show if the guys are playing it for the overlay or as its the premium tourney on Sky. It then lives or dies on it's own merit, no cost to sky.

2. there seems to be a groundswell of forum support for a £55, thursday tourney (capped at 50 or uncapped, either way) with sat's into it. The deeper the stack the better, 12 or 15 mins and if needs be, have this in place of the £22 deepy, the more runners, the earlier the start time 7 or 7.30 looks favourite.

Fair play to Sky with the £110 tourney, we (royal we) asked for it and they provided it, but with the economic climate as it is, a mid-range game at £55 might have more chance of success.
    If we are successful getting this new tourney then Sky need to promote it and show highlights.
    "Presenter power" is also a big factor. As a semi-regular in the 7.30 £22 deepy, when tikay, rich, james, ed etc play we can have up to 32 players on a good night. Saturday, poor night, no presenters, only 14 runners.
    So thursday= good night, £55 deep structure, should attract the better players, along with me!