You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Not wanting to inflate ur head any more Hoggster but I agree with ur idea as well m8. I think Sunday would be better for it due to Saturday not being ideal for a lot of players. £110 buy in has been too much for too many players and £55 seems more sensible - perhaps have a £110 game once every month / other month?
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........:
    Good start! Any more for any more?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Really wanted to play in it but dnt really wanna play for like ~10% of my roll on this site and dont wanna take money off stars etc.

If its reduced to £55 i'll pledge to play every week.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Not wanting to inflate ur head any more Hoggster but I agree with ur idea as well m8. I think Sunday would be better for it due to Saturday not being ideal for a lot of players. £110 buy in has been too much for too many players and £55 seems more sensible - perhaps have a £110 game once every month / other month?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Gr8 idea Phil, lets say we make it a £55 every sunday, apart from the first sunday of the month it is a £110!

This would work imo.
  • Options
    jakallyjakally Member Posts: 421
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........ : Gr8 idea Phil, lets say we make it a £55 every sunday, apart from the first sunday of the month it is a £110! This would work imo.
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Sounds good to me.

Like the current buy in, but agree it's useless with the current level of runners.
    With regards to the move to Saturday, I for one would be less likely to play Saturday vs Sunday.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,877
    edited November 2009

Keep the feedback coming, & I'll forward it to Sky-Bernie.

Question - many of you suggest £55 Entry, but stick to Sunday. But what if they do not stick upa guarantee - would you STILL play it? I'm not suggesting they would not, just pumping for opinion. Bear in mind it's less of a risk if there is no Guarantee, so more chance of it happening, logically.

And.....

If it were to remain on Sunday, what start time? I think an 8pm clash with the Main Event will kill it for sure.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Keep the feedback coming, & I'll forward it to Sky-Bernie. Question - many of you suggest £55 Entry, but stick to Sunday. But what if they do not stick upa guarantee - would you STILL play it? I'm not suggesting they would not, just pumping for opinion. Bear in mind it's less of a risk if there is no Guarantee, so more chance of it happening, logically. And..... If it were to remain on Sunday, what start time? I think an 8pm clash with the Main Event will kill it for sure.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes id play the £55 even if it wasnt GTD so long as at least 15 played (which i think they would)

Also, i think 7.15 is a good start time. Many of the runners (if not all) will play the 8pm PRIMO too
  • Options
    BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........ : Yes id play the £55 even if it wasnt GTD so long as at least 15 played (which i think they would) Also, i think 7.15 is a good start time. Many of the runners (if not all) will play the 8pm PRIMO too
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1
  • Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2009
    YEP I AGREE SEEMS THE LOGICAL SOLUTION WE ARE GETTING REGULAR GOOD NUMBERS EVERYNIGHT FOR THE 22 SO DROP THE 22 ON THE sUNDAY ITS NOT SO MUCH TO FIND IF YOU WAS GOING TO PAY 22 ANYWAYS I THINK IT WOULD WORK LETS GET BEHIND THIS
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited November 2009
    I'd play without the guarantee - if it replaces the £22 then make it 7.30
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    The one that should happen is that the tournie is put to the top of the list in the blue banners.
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited November 2009
    i think sats need to be available on a wider basis.

alot of sats on sky are run during the day, when of course alot of people are at work, why not once a night, have one sat to the deepie, another to the BH, another to the double stack and so on, ok its 7 sats a night, so you cant run them all at d same time, but maybe spread them 30 mins apart startin at 7.

i imagine sky have alot of players that maybe just play 2/3 nights a week and this would suit perfectly
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    i would definitely try to satellite in for a fiver!---but the big buy in is prohibitive for a lot of players---I think taking the guarantee off would be counter productive --people are attracted by a nice sum of cash on the page----how about semi-final satelites for a pound--where 1 in 5 get to the 1 in 10 satellite---sure this would get a few in, plenty of peeps will throw a pound at it surely!
  • Options
    edited November 2009

More feedback needed, please.

I'll send it across to Bernie tonight if we are all done.
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2009
    make there some decent gauranteed prize  for the deepies at the moment theres only 2 per dat the 7 30 and the 8 15 deepstacks are the only ones with a gauranteed prize pool exept for  the sunday night ones which i think are out of most players bankrollsn if sky made a few more with gauranteed prize pools and more offordable buy ins they would take off the interest in the is good so why not put on at least 1 every hour with a gauranteed prize fund
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have the £110 (or £55 if thats the decision) on a different night to the Primo, seems a bit odd to me having the two biggest buyin games on the same night.
  • Options
    GR8TFL0PGR8TFL0P Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2009
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have the £110 (or £55 if thats the decision) on a different night to the Primo, seems a bit odd to me having the two biggest buyin games on the same night.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    As above ( IMO Sat night wil kill it, some partners seem to av this thing about weekends = doing things non poker related) Sunday around 6pm or Turs/Fri   

+ as befoe
    sats till the cows come home
    Run more at night
    Rolling S&G /laders what ever 

G-tee does not matter if you get enough in  
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    That was Bernies thinking behind possibly moving it to the Saturday.
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2009
    Dont the deepstacks on a saturday falter in numbers as it is now ?

Move it to a saturday if the team thinks its best but i cant see it getting a loyal regular buy-in field.

The lowest the £110 has got so far in numbers is 15 with 0 ....even on primo nights and thats DIRECT-buyins for the most part.
    Dont take this as a swipe at the players that can not afford this, These players probably play the deepy, primo and alot more that night because thier bankrolls permit it, but if more players want in a £55+ then thats ok.

If you look at the 110 since it started thier must be a good 5-10 that play it most weeks regardless. Dropping it to a £55 would be acceptable if needed but i can tell you now if it gets moved to a sat, or lowered buy-in on a sunday [which those 110 ppl will play] and its not promoted / numbers dont improve the old 110 people wont be happy.

Upto the sky gus though :)

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    Thinking again about it, how about moving it to the Thursday?  We only have the big BH on thursday, which I enjoy, but a lot of players don't.  If you have a bigger BI deepie tournie then it might get a fair few runners because thursday is a good night for traffic AND you can also look at getting 30 mins of hands in on the TV channel which can increase the numbers for the following weeks.
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009
    any chance of an answer mr sky?