You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........:
    any chance of an answer mr sky?
    Posted by brookbrid
    Give them a chance, its only been 30 minutes since you asked the question , do you think they read every post the moment they are written?
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Agree with Scotty that a weekday may be a good compromise. 

Tikay, quick question, I know that me and solack amongst others didnt like the payout structure on the £110 game (only 3 paid). What would that look like,  and would it be for arguments sake, 30 players needed before final table is ALL paid.  I know this has been debated before and may be a main point towrads people registering or not - regardles of whether buy in is £22, £55 or £110. 
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009
    ,,WITH REGARDS TO POINTS TO BE USED AS PAYING FOR TOURNEYS THIS COULD HAVE BEEN DONE SOME TIME AGO,

SO IF THEY WANT ONLY CASH TO ENTER, LET THEM SAY IT.....
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PS

IN LADCROOKS,,,MORE OR LESS SAME POINTS REWARD AS ON HERE,,,BUT FOR EVERY 150 POINTS THAT = £1,,ENTRY  TOWARDS A TOURNEY,,AND DROPS SLIGHTLEY THE MORE U USE..I THINK ITS ABOUT 1400 FOR A £11(EURO) U USE TOWARDS A TOURNEY...

DOES THIS  NOT MAKE VERY SIMPLE SENSE 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,938
    edited November 2009

Brookbrid,

Can you please give time for The Suits to consider your Request. I've already said, several times, that the Threads will be forwarded to Sky-Bernie for his consideration.

I swill forward them to Bernie on Monday, after allowing time for player feedback.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    i simply cant afford to play,i wish i could satalite in
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BEFORE I GO ANY UPDATE?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,938
    edited November 2009
    [QUOTE]BEFORE I GO ANY UPDATE? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Posted by brookbrid

QFT.

No - please see my earlier Post.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    MY thoughts  Echo as before..Sunday is Primo Night,,,The Main Event 

Saturday could be the comeback of "THE FIVE O only renamed

"TWO'N'HALF-2 Make Ya Laugh" !!    2500 gtd   --  50 runners max  entry first come first served  

Also as an introductory offer , only ,    2 and1/2 (To make ya laugh) quid  Rake charge ?
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited November 2009
    I think capping the rake on higher buy ins would be a good gesture.  Saturday is the day that I'm most likely to miss.  Like Phil says we lobbied for the ft payout structure for the £22 deepie and I think that works pretty well.  Not sure I wd hv maintained my daily entry into it if only top 3 were getting paid.  I wd like to se the same policy for the £110/£55/£105/£52.50
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    I dunno about the FT GTD payout.  I think it works well in the £22 deepie because it is nightly, and with the same group of mayb 10-15 core runners then it makes sense as £22BI every night if you don't cash for a couple of weeks then your BR could be taking a battering.

However in a weekly tournie it doesn't make sense.  Ok it might make sense if you are gonna be playing the £110/£55 every week but if you want to attract new players to it then the big money has to be on offer.

People play big BI events to get the big cashes and taking that money away from the top places is not good.

I think that Benny's idea of re-introducing the 5-0 is a good one, again on a Thursday night, as long as it is promoted.

Is there any reason why there can't be 2 highly promoted tournies on a certain night???  The TV shows often show the Open/Velocity/some other low BI tournie and I think that with the big prize pool and better players on show then it would make a far, far better segment on the show than velocity.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    . I think that Benny's idea of re-introducing the 5-0 is a good one, again on a Thursday night, as long as it is promoted.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1

Bring back the 5-0 on a Thursday! £110 buy in, but this time with the 5000 chips (12 or 15 min structure).

Start it at 8pm, same time as the 10kBH, it will fill so long as there are sats and it is promoted. And highlights (pref extended) are shown on the channel

Last time there were winner takes all 1 in 25 sats for about 4 quid. They were very popular.

Oh and if this happens we can do the £55 deepie still on either saturday and sunday too, instead of the 22 deepie.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited November 2009
    dont change the payout structure! It is standard and works fine
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Here's the problem with this thread ...tonight at 9 00 ..Online nearly  5000  people   seated 1800 .  in the forum "maybe 50 ?"  .off which maybe 6 or  8 players are  putting forward suggestions to this thread ..
    I'm also guessing maybe 50- 60 are reading this thread and thinking,
    "Oh I'd be so lucky just to play in a bigger tournament just the once"  ..
    It's fairly obvious that with the economics as the are in the UK  at the moment, that all business's have to look at how best to  look after their existing  customers, as well as creating opportunities and marketing  to attract new business .... 
    So,  Ultimately although these post's are important to evaluate what the current high stakes players want who have taken the trouble  to post  here , it's doubtful if it's what the majority of players  would  like,  that  being another big tournament alongside the Primo, they would probably want a game on the Saturday simalour to Sundays Primo ...
    That all said, to create an evenings entertainment that will keep everyone happy, is about wishfull as West Ham winning the Premier Leauge (I wish) 
    glk all  benny
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    The idea of sats into the big tournaments is a good idea as long as it is well promoted and the sats run at different times of the day and for a week. This way the numbers are bound to raise.
    I also like the idea of it moving to a Thursdays evening at 8pm and highlights shown on the show.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    Anyone competent enough to play the £55 will probably multi table the primo aswell.
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November 2009
    Satellites, satellites and more satellites!

The most prohibative aspect of this tournament is the buy in, not when it's on or the payout structure!
    BUT that's the whole point of the game - High stake, big payout and a deepstack to play with!!
     With a regular entry of 15 players there are only need 5 more to cover the guarantee so if there were daily semi-finals with micro sats into it (as with the Primo), there would be every chance of more than doubling the current entries.
    Of course, when that happens, there is likely to be more direct buy-ins as well because here would be more cash to be won, more places paid and so on!
    The majority of people would love to play in some of these high stakes games but simply cannot afford it, even the current sats prove prohibative for some because they either can't or won't pay that kind of price for a 5/1 shot! Simple ecconomics, the cheaper it is to get in, the more people will try! Small stake, big payout! Everybody's dream.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    definetly think sattelites are the way, £5 and £10 sattelites, top 10% get a ticket through
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Anyone competent enough to play the £55 will probably multi table the primo aswell.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    LOL  hahaaaa   Classic ..  "I give up" !!
    )
  • Options
    GR8TFL0PGR8TFL0P Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £110 Deepstack. Time to talk........ : +1 Bring back the 5-0 on a Thursday! £110 buy in, but this time with the 5000 chips (12 or 15 min structure). Start it at 8pm, same time as the 10kBH, it will fill so long as there are sats and it is promoted. And highlights (pref extended) are shown on the channel Last time there were winner takes all 1 in 25 sats for about 4 quid. They were very popular. Oh and if this happens we can do the £55 deepie still on either saturday and sunday too, instead of the 22 deepie.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     + 2 for Thursdays & 8pm start