You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

chat ban

efgloserefgloser Member Posts: 406
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
i was initially banned for 3 months for foul and abusive language, which i regretted deeply. When it went over this time, i asked sky, why the delay? They decided to give me the chat ban for life, which i find astonishing. Since i`ve been unable to engage in conversation, my game has improved greatly. I`ve turned my graph upside down, and reaping the rewards. Still, it would be nice to have chat back..

Comments

• Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    In Response to chat ban:
    i was initially banned for 3 months for foul and abusive language, which i regretted deeply. When it went over this time, i asked sky, why the delay? They decided to give me the chat ban for life, which i find astonishing. Since i`ve been unable to engage in conversation, my game has improved greatly. I`ve turned my graph upside down, and reaping the rewards. Still, it would be nice to have chat back..
    Posted by efgloser
    Yes ..this is a joke...i have suffered the same fate...but i dont care as i play on many sites...I never report bad language, why....well why should i deprive myself of a charactor....i find it funny ....and if you respond in a polite ...but sophisticated way ,..it makes them worse! The other point is ...im not paid to be the chat police ...and if i reported this every times i saw it ...i would be back to support more that i would be playing poker!
    We are all over 18 ...and this is a poker site not play school!
    lol
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    shouldnt let ur self get angry, its poker. i think if your really offensive u should be banned.
  • Options
    mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited November 2009
    if he was told the ban was for 3 months and he has done his time, it is unfair to then say it's now life...
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban:
    if he was told the ban was for 3 months and he has done his time, it is unfair to then say it's now life...
    Posted by mike1975
    Where have i heard this before.... Hmmmmm
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to chat ban:
    Posted by efgloser
    Hi

I understand that if you write to Sky Poker as to why you feel you should not be banned they will, I believe look at it for you, this is just my opinion.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,904
    edited November 2009

None of us know the circumstances of this, as to if, or whether, the Chat Ban duration was changed, or why, or if something else came to light.

So none of us can say it's fair, or unfair, as we don't know the facts.

If the Member has a problem with the Site, he has to go via Customer Care. 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Where have i heard this before.... Hmmmmm
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Does seem to be a pattern developing, i can only see this being counter productive for sky though...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    shouldnt let ur self get angry, its poker. i think if your really offensive u should be banned.
    Posted by nirvana29
    Juat a thought ...MURDER, R@PE, ROBBERY, ARSON, CHILD ABUSE, ect ect ...BAD words,...my god how awfull, next sky will be applying  a fine on us ...Or are we going to be given a poker ASBO! ...lol grow up sky, swearing has been around sinse the yr dot ...you aint going to stop it ...clients will get fed up and play else where!
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Can you imagine getting sent to jail for 3 months and then getting told life.

Sorry sky  3 months to life just dont add up
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    As Tikay says, none of us knows the reason for the extensing of the ban, but Sky must be doing something right as I have seen several chat/lobby banned players still using the site.  If they were that upset with Sky they would move to another site.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    As Tikay says, none of us knows the reason for the extensing of the ban, but Sky must be doing something right as I have seen several chat/lobby banned players still using the site.  If they were that upset with Sky they would move to another site.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thats because, if sky ban you, your also imprisoned in the sky chat banned sanatorium, of which the only means of  escape is by way of restitution in having to read everyone talking about you in the chat box
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    looks  like  that   how  it  is   get  3  months  ban   come  back then  its  life   ban    seems    very  wrong  that    y  dont u have a  private  chat  with  them  efgloser   and find out  why
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    None of us know the circumstances of this, as to if, or whether, the Chat Ban duration was changed, or why, or if something else came to light. So none of us can say it's fair, or unfair, as we don't know the facts. If the Member has a problem with the Site, he has to go via Customer Care. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Should'nt this be communicated to the person involved though, this gentleman does not seem to know the reason why his ban is now life and it was the same with Mickjenn, no communication, i am not saying sky don't have their reasons, but should'nt the people involved be informed of this?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Can you imagine getting sent to jail for 3 months and then getting told life. Sorry sky  3 months to life just dont add up
    Posted by Torryladd
    Very valid point .....if i bought a new car ...and it went wrong ...and i go steaming down to the dealer....pofanity blazing ...Would they say sorry Sir...you are chat banned .....lol!
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Why dont you offer to do community service instead, my roof needs fixing
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    The reason for this ban is irrelevant, double standards i think. In this country if you are sentenced to 1 year in prison, the court doesn't decide after you have served your 1 year , to increase your sentence to life. this wouldn't be allowed in the real world, but for some reason sky seem's to do it alot? I don't know why this guy was banned, but i do think that some people have more influence than other's on this site.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    seems a bit harsh a life ban from the chat after saying 3 months to me, have you been arguing your case?
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    In my opinion, no one should discuss here whether a chat ban is relevant or harsh.

No one knows the true situation regarding this or anybody else's bans.

I deliberately stayed away from the MJ issue as I did not know the man, nor read any of his posts, as that particular incident happened before I got here and therefore I could not add anything constructive or offer any sort of support.

If Sky impose any sort of ban, it must be for a reason. By the same token, if that ban is increased, then they must have a reason for this too.

Personally, if more chat bans were introduced and Sky were seen to be having a tough stance on this, then maybe table badmouths may think again.

There have been several threads started recently questioning chat bans and people trying to gain support.

Ultimately, I feel this will start to create dissention within the forum and I have no wish for any of my friends here to end up with forum bans for questioning Sky's integrity or saying something they end up regretting.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    OH HALE TO THE PEOPLE ....hahahah
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    REMEMBER THIS ...

ITS ONLY WORDS ..."AND WORDS ARE ALL I HAVE"....TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY ......

hahahaha good song that was ...