You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

chat ban

Comments

• Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban:
    In my opinion, no one should discuss here whether a chat ban is relevant or harsh. No one knows the true situation regarding this or anybody else's bans. I deliberately stayed away from the MJ issue as I did not know the man, nor read any of his posts, as that particular incident happened before I got here and therefore I could not add anything constructive or offer any sort of support. If Sky impose any sort of ban, it must be for a reason. By the same token, if that ban is increased, then they must have a reason for this too. Personally, if more chat bans were introduced and Sky were seen to be having a tough stance on this, then maybe table badmouths may think again. There have been several threads started recently questioning chat bans and people trying to gain support. Ultimately, I feel this will start to create dissention within the forum and I have no wish for any of my friends here to end up with forum bans for questioning Sky's integrity or saying something they end up regretting.
    Posted by Hale72
    PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE AN OPINION, JUST LIKE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AIR YOURS. JUST BECAUSE YOUR OPINION IS, NOBODY SHOULD DISCUSS IT, IT WON'T STOP PEOPLE, AND IT SHOULDN'T. AND THAT'S JUST MY OPINION. AFTER ALL THAT'S WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR ISN'T IT?
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Yes, people are entitled to an opinion, but an opinion can only be gained with the full facts. We do not have them here. If Sky were to come on to this thread and give us their side, we may be able to give an unbiased opinion.

Unfortunately, they will not.

However, I am more concerned that someone, friend or not, will end up saying something to upset a sky bigwig and end up with a ban themselves.

I still think questioning the integrity of the site you play on is not constructive in any way, shape or form.

If some one chooses to do this and ends up on the wrong end of one of the big boys, then they really would only have themselves to blame.

I for one, would hate to see that happen.
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE AN OPINION, JUST LIKE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AIR YOURS. JUST BECAUSE YOUR OPINION IS, NOBODY SHOULD DISCUSS IT, IT WON'T STOP PEOPLE, AND IT SHOULDN'T. AND THAT'S JUST MY OPINION. AFTER ALL THAT'S WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR ISN'T IT?
    Posted by chirker
    Good ponit Sir.....
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009

Hale,
    Surely if someone starts a thread we are entitled to air our opinions which in general is done in an adult manner.

I would not air something that may get me banned but I will put across an opinion if I think something is wrong as we live in a democracy and entitled to do so without recrimination.

All to often we see some people who have nothing to do with sky coming on here and telling us what we should do or say or not say.  I have seen the phrase self moderators being mentioned lately.

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009

Like I have said, yes, everyones opinion are their own and I see no reason for people not to air them on virtually any subject.

However, certain threads on similar subjects recently got very much out of hand and moderators had to step in to remove posts.

Yes, we do live in a democracy, however ultimately, we still have to live by the repercussions of what we post.

Certainly this thread has not got out of hand. But things can easily start to. If people are happy in what they post and can live with any punishment they get handed out for breaking rules, then it is not my place to stop them.

I still feel that without the full facts, I cannot give a valid opinion or comment but as this is a discussion forum, doubtless people will not agree with me.

And to be honest, if everyone did agree with me, it would make for a very dull place to be.

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Like I have said, yes, everyones opinion are their own and I see no reason for people not to air them on virtually any subject. However, certain threads on similar subjects recently got very much out of hand and moderators had to step in to remove posts. Yes, we do live in a democracy, however ultimately, we still have to live by the repercussions of what we post. Certainly this thread has not got out of hand. But things can easily start to. If people are happy in what they post and can live with any punishment they get handed out for breaking rules, then it is not my place to stop them. I still feel that without the full facts, I cannot give a valid opinion or comment but as this is a discussion forum, doubtless people will not agree with me. And to be honest, if everyone did agree with me, it would make for a very dull place to be.
    Posted by Hale72
    I totally agree and very well put.
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    Yes, people are entitled to an opinion, but an opinion can only be gained with the full facts. We do not have them here. If Sky were to come on to this thread and give us their side, we may be able to give an unbiased opinion. Unfortunately, they will not. However, I am more concerned that someone, friend or not, will end up saying something to upset a sky bigwig and end up with a ban themselves. I still think questioning the integrity of the site you play on is not constructive in any way, shape or form. If some one chooses to do this and ends up on the wrong end of one of the big boys, then they really would only have themselves to blame. I for one, would hate to see that happen.
    Posted by Hale72
    I dont't think what i said is going to get me into trouble, and if it did , then so be it. I respect your opinion, and fully understand your point. If sky banned everyone who upset a sky bigwig, they wouldn't make alot of money, after all, isn't it the player's who pay their wages.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : I dont't think what i said is going to get me into trouble, and if it did , then so be it. I respect your opinion, and fully understand your point. If sky banned everyone who upset a sky bigwig, they wouldn't make alot of money, after all, isn't it the player's who pay their wages.
    Posted by chirker
    True assuming that the chat banned players actually leave the site, but many of them choose to stay here
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    wondered how long it would take for the 1 liners to come in.

lol
  • Options
    efgloserefgloser Member Posts: 406
    edited November 2009

I apologise for bringing up the subject, i will speak to Sky, and appeal....cheers

• Options
    edited November 2009
    CHAT BANNING IS TOTALLY DAFT ...BANN A PLAYER FOR THAT GAME ....NEW TABLE NEW CHANCE! THIS IS A POKER SITE NOT PLAY SCHOOL! I SUFFER ABUSE, YET I DONT GO RUNNING TO TEACHER...I CAN DEAL WITH IT MYSELF! GROW UP YOU GRASSES!
  • Options
    general1general1 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahmuamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaamuahahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hhamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
    hahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hhamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
    hahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
    hahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Forum chat ban coming for him? ^^^
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited November 2009
    How creepy!

It's the poker forum equivalent of the 'ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY' manuscript from The Shining!
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    if you actually look at the text muahaha it's Dr Evil from the austin powers films ..... I can see sky poker lining up the shark with the frickin' lazer beam any minute lol ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Good ponit Sir.....
    Posted by SirFrank
    its shirka you should thank ...lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hale, Surely if someone starts a thread we are entitled to air our opinions which in general is done in an adult manner. I would not air something that may get me banned but I will put across an opinion if I think something is wrong as we live in a democracy and entitled to do so without recrimination. All to often we see some people who have nothing to do with sky coming on here and telling us what we should do or say or not say.  I have seen the phrase self moderators being mentioned lately.
    Posted by Torryladd
    Oh no ...not mods....thats this site spoilt then!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : I dont't think what i said is going to get me into trouble, and if it did , then so be it. I respect your opinion, and fully understand your point. If sky banned everyone who upset a sky bigwig, they wouldn't make alot of money, after all, isn't it the player's who pay their wages.
    Posted by chirker
    Its not the big wigs you have to worry about ...it the little jumped up cretins that call the shots ...If i were a big wig ...i would let you all get on with it and not interfere!
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009

Sigh !!    

Finally it all comes down to the   "general1" ??  

Welcome to Skypoker Forum !!

All is not lost     ..  but almost .....................

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : True assuming that the chat banned players actually leave the site, but many of them choose to stay here
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Well as long as they stay and keep handing over their rake then who cares right ????

What kind of a point is that other than people may only have the ability to play on sky due to a variety or reasons (netbook not allowing space for downloadable clients, money tied up on site, can't find other sites that accept solo etc)

If Sky have their reasons for banning this gent then fine, i'm not saying they don't have the right. But as a paying customer of this site i would hope that should i be unfortunate enough to lose my cool and get a 3 month chat ban, which Sky in their wisdom then choose to turn into a life time ban, that at the very least i would get a written explanation to why the chat ban had been increased. I mean is that really that much to ask for..... A little communication?

Although this thread is about a specific case my point is more general:

If Sky want to chat ban people then fine, in fact i welcome it for those abusing the facility. if they then check a customers transcripts and find they have done other things that warrant the ban increasing then again FINE. But for a trend to be appearing that they come to these decisions and impose the lifetime ban without explaination to the parties involved is just the worst customer service going.

Should i ever be in this position and was treated in such a way i can guarantee you they would not see another penny of my money. not due to the ban because that may be deserved, but because my rake contributes pay for customer service. If the service team have a low enough opinion of me as a customer that they take decisions on my account without even bothering to give reasons at the time then i wouldn't be very impresed