You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

chat ban

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban:
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Yes I understand he might of said really out of order things and if he did he deserved a ban. But what is harsh that sky told him 3 months then increased without saying until he phoned them (thats what he said in hes original post or am I reading it wrong!!!)
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Oh my goodness......I'm not getting through with this one, at all!

We can only talk generally, & not as to specific cases.

Yes, it WOULD be harsh. If true.

No, you are not reading it wrong. You are 100% convinced it's true though, yes? 
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited November 2009
    how can you all say it was harsh when you dont even know what he said!He could have said the worst things imaginable in the chat(i'm sure you didnt,but could for all we know) and you are saying its harsh without knowing the facts.I dont like these kinds of posts because they tend to cause controversy for no good reason.If you are trying to get unbanned then contact sky via customer service and not make forum posts cause then everyone will just jump in.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    namesb0nd read my post and ur c what I said, it wasnt bad but i kno i shouldnt of said I let him kno he got 2 me and he played on it plus dont think it helped my game cos it all went downhill after that big loss.

Im punishing myself 4 my error by not playing.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Poker players are just so extraordinary.

Peeps come on this Forum & spead a tinsy-winsy bit of disinformation, & everyone believes it, & takes it at face-value! And it's as daft as folks saying the software is "not straight" - there is no logic in Sky Poker behaving improperly in these matters - & yet good, bright, well-meaning Members all swallow it, hook line & sinker.

But I can sit in a well-structured Tournament for TWO HOURS without playing a single hand. And then, I raise it up, & you'd think everyone would know what I have, And I get 27 Callers.....all non-believers.

Go figure. I can't!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Oh my goodness......I'm not getting through with this one, at all! We can only talk generally, & not as to specific cases. Yes, it WOULD be harsh. If true. No, you are not reading it wrong. You are 100% convinced it's true though, yes? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey TK

Ive said in previous post that Im just 2 trusting and its really true

If It not true (which i now suspect) he deserves everything he gets.

but I only answered the post on face value

• Options
    edited November 2009

Thank you x,

I think we have got there.

There are usually 2 sides to these stories. And a very good reason why they suddenly appear as Threads.

Take care now, & at least I'm happy that somebody has worked it out.

Remember, we are talking generally, not specific cases, of course.
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    Actually , I DO HAVE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY ............... FALLEN has lovely BLONDE hair .....
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Actually , I DO HAVE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY ............... FALLEN has lovely BLONDE hair .....
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    I DO, TY PILL

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Why has it taken 4 pages and a further bump from page 3 for this to finally get put to bed?

My very first post in this thread basically said, 'we do not know the facts, please steer clear of making comments you may regret'

Basically, there were 3 or 4 replies stating this was a free forum and they could comment as they wish. So not wishing to be a mother here, I backed off.

Finally, the penny has dropped, it is just unfortunate that for some reason, sanity fell out of the window in this case and it was only tikay's intervention that has made people regain some sense.

I just could not see the point of supporting someone who only used the forums for his own needs.

If anyone here HAD stepped out of line and got themselves into trouble over this, doubtless, the OP would not care less.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thank you x, I think we have got there. There are usually 2 sides to these stories. And a very good reason why they suddenly appear as Threads. Take care now, & at least I'm happy that somebody has worked it out. Remember, we are talking generally, not specific cases, of course.
    Posted by Tikay10
    TY TK WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT U

• Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Yes I understand he might of said really out of order things and if he did he deserved a ban. But what is harsh that sky told him 3 months then increased without saying until he phoned them (thats what he said in hes original post or am I reading it wrong!!!)
    Posted by xFALLENx
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?!?!?!

as Tikay has stated about 10 times,he could be lying to get sympathy from you.

EDIT:never mind,i just caught up and it looks like you understand now.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?!?!?! as Tikay has stated about 10 times,he could be lying to get sympathy from you. EDIT:never mind,i just caught up and it looks like you understand now.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    yes ppl do not always tell the truth.....mayb thats why im no good at poker i trust 2 much
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Surely if someone has blatantly told a lie the post about Sky it should be deleted by moderators immiedietly.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Surely if someone has blatantly told a lie the post about Sky it should be deleted by moderators immiedietly.
    Posted by Torryladd
    IMO the problem for Sky is that if they did that it would be playing straight into their hands as they could then claim that Sky had something to hide
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by Torryladd
    In that hypothetical situation, the Mods would not necessarily know. I would assume that the Mods have no input whatsoever to CardRoom Chat Bans, nor would they know who is chat-banned from the Cardroom & who is not. The Cardroom & the Community are completely different departments.

There is no scandal to whiff here, no cover-ups, no conspiracy stuff. Nothing to hide. Nothing. Just folks with agendas.

If anyone has a problem with the way Sky Poker treats them, their best course of action is to engage directly with Customer Care. That's a far more sensible & efficient way of solving a simple problem than complaining on a Forum.  
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    i thought forums were made to complain???? lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i thought forums were made to complain???? lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Seemingly so, yes, to complain & troll.

What a moany-woany lot poker players are!

What was it Macmillan said? "you've never had it so good". So he got voted out of office.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    You spend too much time trying to pacify people Tikay! Just leave 'em to it and relax imo
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Seemingly so, yes, to complain & troll. What a moany-woany lot poker players are! What was it Macmillan said? "you've never had it so good". So he got voted out of office.
    Posted by Tikay10

AM SHOCKED TK U COULD SAY THAT ABOUT US
  • Options
    general1general1 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009
           Sigh !!      Finally it all comes down to the   "general1" ??    Welcome to Skypoker Forum !!     All is not lost     ..  but almost .....................           
    Posted by bennydip2
    THIS SITE IS FANTASTIC!!
    complaints after complaints after complaints.
    Ive been playing on this site for 3years now and i luv it!!
    it has never been better lol.. a big congrats to the sky presenter on ''LIVE POKER SHOWS''. (more like a ''LIVE GENERAL CHAT SHOW'').. should be renamed to........... wait 4 it..........
    ohh lol/.. ive already said it.
  • Options
    general1general1 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Oh my goodness......I'm not getting through with this one, at all! We can only talk generally, & not as to specific cases. Yes, it WOULD be harsh. If true. No, you are not reading it wrong. You are 100% convinced it's true though, yes? 
    Posted by Tikay10
     hey Tikay........ can you plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz read out all these forum chat on your live shows on ''SKY POKER''
     it wouldnt b a change tho.. but hey., its not about ''showing poker hands on live tournys'' is it? its all about live chat show.   NOW WOULDNT THAT BE NICE TIKAY? maybe we could even hear about what you got upto in america. even tho it has nothing to do with the live show but what the heck..