You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

Sky_TVcrewSky_TVcrew Member Posts: 66
edited April 2013 in The Sky Poker Tour
Sky Poker is a channel for you!  So what would you like to see on the channel? 

What will help you improve your poker?

What do you like about the channel and want more of?

What guests would you like to see on the shows?

Have you got ideas for new items or shows?

It's all about you - so let us know your feedback - and you never know your idea, no matter how big or small, could feature on the channel soon! 

Comments

• Options
    PANACHEPANACHE Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    Sky Poker is a channel for you!  So what would you like to see on the channel?  What will help you improve your poker? What do you like about the channel and want more of? What guests would you like to see on the shows? Have you got ideas for new items or shows? It's all about you - so let us know your feedback - and you never know your idea, no matter how big or small, could feature on the channel soon! 
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew
    Hi - I was wondering and have tried to ask this question several times - is there any possibility Sky could introduce some Omaha - I find it quite restricting only being able to play Holdem - there are so many super games as a choice - but none on Sky !! Many thanks - Panache
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Hi - I was wondering and have tried to ask this question several times - is there any possibility Sky could introduce some Omaha - I find it quite restricting only being able to play Holdem - there are so many super games as a choice - but none on Sky !! Many thanks - Panache
    Posted by PANACHE
    Hi PANACHE, Omaha is one of a number of product developments that are planned for introduction at various points over the course of the next twelve months.  We'll keep everyone at Sky Poker updated on those developments; and probably enlist some of you to help, as we approach testing.

Cheers,

Des.
  • Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2009
    hi.
      just wondering if theres any chance in the future of playing sattelite qualifiers for possibly EPT tournys?
  • Options
    PANACHEPANACHE Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Hi - I was wondering and have tried to ask this question several times - is there any possibility Sky could introduce some Omaha - I find it quite restricting only being able to play Holdem - there are so many super games as a choice - but none on Sky !! Many thanks - Panache
    Posted by PANACHE
    Many thanks for the reply so quickly - as I said I don't play as much at Sky as I would like to - so roll on the omaha tables - would be good for people to learn new games - thanks again - P.
  • Options
    maximus66maximus66 Member Posts: 81
    edited June 2009
    will there be a downladable version of sky poker in the near future? kust find when multi-tabling it can become very very slow sometimes.
  • Options
    MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2009
    When is BADUGI coming? ;)
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    Imaon Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    When is BADUGI coming? ;)
    Posted by MBroughton
    AWESOME game. Cashed in the one and only tourney I played on Stars.
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2009
    i am outraged n.ireland ppl cant watch skypoker tv on tv no more? because sky changed to a shopping channel? and n.ireland have ban it saying they cant adverties selling gambling products in n.ireland? none of this makes sense to me?
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2009
    maybe a downloadable version because when multi-tabling,like maximus66 said,it slows down and you lose some time before even seeing the situation.
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited June 2009
    A downloadable product is in the mix guys, as is Omaha, but not Badugi at the moment :)

Sats to bigger tournaments is certainly something we will consider, but with only 5 making the Las Vegas team for the WSOP, I'm not sure the wider community wants those opportunities just yet.  We'd love to hear your thoughts...
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    Just a few ideas, i love skypoker, for me its the best site going in terms of the community and the design of the site and the tables is second to none.

I would like to see a bigger deep stack, not neccessarily longer blinds but bigger prize pool so its worth the time. 

EPT etc qualifiers would be nice but i dont think a large amount of the people on sky could afford to enter the satellites, and if only 5 went for the biggest tournament in the world then obviously it shouldnt be introduced yet, unless your like me who is only 19 and cant go to vegas :(

Maybe introduce a royal flush jackpot also ;)
  • Options
    topboytopboy Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Hi to everyone
    My question is why don't you make the channel free to all non subscribers of sky i.e. FreeSat etc ? I expect I know the answer already is that you want to encourage people to subscribe to Sky, but surely the poker site would benefit more if people like myself didn't have to subscribe.
    P.S. other than that I think this is the most fairest site and most playable about

P.P.S. Hmmm I didn't even get a reply to a simple question, begs a question if this just a front to seem if they are listening to us when in reality its more of a worthless bit of PA?????
    We'll see, watch this space I think 
  • Options
    LienLien Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2009

Why do you have background noise on when you show a hand? I watch a lot but would prefer to play my own music.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    C-MON sky,answer my question plz.is there any chance of qualifiers for EPT tourneys on sky?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited June 2009
    C-MON sky,answer my question plz.is there any chance of qualifiers for EPT tourneys on sky?
    Posted by fitzer14
    Hey Fitzer,

Thanks for your question. i have passed this on to the people in the know and they should hopefully come back with an answer soon.

cheers

Rich
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    thanks Rich,appreciated
  • Options
    peternolanpeternolan Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    fitzer - you may not have notced his post - but Des answered your question above

Sats to bigger tournaments is certainly something we will consider, but with only 5 making the Las Vegas team for the WSOP, I'm not sure the wider community wants those opportunities just yet.  We'd love to hear your thoughts...

Regards

Peter

Posted by fitzer14
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited June 2009
    I agree about the deepstack.  A bigger prizepool would be much appreciated!

I came 3rd a month ago, played for 4 hours and won £30.  Which was a tad rubbish for the effort I put in.

Just a thought!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    fitzer - you may not have notced his post - but Des answered your question above Sats to bigger tournaments is certainly something we will consider, but with only 5 making the Las Vegas team for the WSOP, I'm not sure the wider community wants those opportunities just yet.  We'd love to hear your thoughts... Regards Peter In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... :
    Posted by peternolan
     thanks Peter.
                       I had not noticed des answered my question,thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Regarding the satts to bigger tournys(only 5 making las vegas team),could it be possible that many people do not enter vegas qualifiers because of the time period needed to take the vegas trip?whereas EPT tourneys have a shorter time span thus could be open to a wider range of players,Just a thought,Would really appreciate some feedback from this from both players and sky staff,"men upstairs in suits"

Thanks.
    Shaun.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    A couple of ideas - show sit and go's and double money sng's in a hour show (as is done with cash currently).  Tactics and skills could then be discussed and bubble play analysed as well as the chance to watch the table dynamics throughout. 
    Also, it would be great to have a large Sunday tourney - maybe starting a lot earlier (like the other poker sites Sunday mtt's) with the final 3 hours being shown throughout / or instead of the Sunday programme.