You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

Comments

• Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    Definitely more Poker School stuff is needed... Generally shows that help everyone to improve thei play... More live shows...Not only in hours to cover Sky tours... I know that a 24/7 would be difficult, but I think 3-4 hours of live shows a day is fine. More of UK cash game...
    Posted by GreekWay

Thanks for the comments, Greekway. If you could list a bunch of subjects you'd want covering in the Poker School, what kind of things would you like to see?

• Options
    Sky_ClaireSky_Claire Member Posts: 1,058
    edited November 2011
    Definitely more Poker School stuff is needed... Generally shows that help everyone to improve thei play... More live shows...Not only in hours to cover Sky tours... I know that a 24/7 would be difficult, but I think 3-4 hours of live shows a day is fine. More of UK cash game...
    Posted by GreekWay
    Hi GreekWay

We are going through some exciting changes at the channel, which means from February (fingers crossed) we will be in a new studio. This also means a change in some of our programming including more Sky Poker School, UK Cash Game and heaps of other new shows.

Unfortunately this doesnt mean we will be live on anymore nights in the near future, but hopefully with enough demand and an increase in viewing numbers this might be possible at some point

Really appreciate your feedback

Thanks
  • Options
    GreekWayGreekWay Member Posts: 462
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Hi GreekWay We are going through some exciting changes at the channel, which means from February (fingers crossed) we will be in a new studio. This also means a change in some of our programming including more Sky Poker School, UK Cash Game and heaps of other new shows. Unfortunately this doesnt mean we will be live on anymore nights in the near future, but hopefully with enough demand and an increase in viewing numbers this might be possible at some point Really appreciate your feedback Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Great stuff to hear. Fingers crossed.

You could just live in the studio guys and be live 24/7..LoL.. It's not all about live shows.You can make many great shows like those you mention and reduce the replays of the same and same shows...

Forgot to mention. Please don't replay any of the live shows 10 times in the following week. It's so boring.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Great stuff to hear. Fingers crossed. You could just live in the studio guys and be live 24/7..LoL.. It's not all about live shows.You can make many great shows like those you mention and reduce the replays of the same and same shows... Forgot to mention. Please don't replay any of the live shows 10 times in the following week. It's so boring.
    Posted by GreekWay
    I wish we did not have to but unfortunately there is not enough content to fill the schedule. Plus with the great guests we've had on recently alot of people want to see the show again or for the first time
  • Options
    MahoundMahound Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    I think what would make a good slot in a program is to have a sky poker expert play in a game, not just to see him play but to give his thoughts on the game. 

For instance when a hand is played. He could tell us why he opted to fold or play a hand. Why he folded, limped, bet or raised etc. why he reraised a bet, why he folded to a raise etc. what his thoughts are on the flop, turn and on the river.

What he is putting his opponents on when he bets, or what hands (or range) is he is putting his opponents on when they call, check or bet. What are the styles of his opponents and how does he come to that conclusion etc

In other words, to show what the players thought process's in analysing a hands during a game.
    I think the best way to show this would be in tournament play whether it be a MTT or a S&G.
    cheers

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I think what would make a good slot in a program is to have a sky poker expert play in a game, not just to see him play but to give his thoughts on the game.  For instance when a hand is played. He could tell us why he opted to fold or play a hand. Why he folded, limped, bet or raised etc. why he reraised a bet, why he folded to a raise etc. what his thoughts are on the flop, turn and on the river. What he is putting his opponents on when he bets, or what hands (or range) is he is putting his opponents on when they call, check or bet. What are the styles of his opponents and how does he come to that conclusion etc In other words, to show what the players thought process's in analysing a hands during a game. I think the best way to show this would be in tournament play whether it be a MTT or a S&G. cheers
    Posted by Mahound
    This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think what would make a good slot in a program is to have a sky poker expert play in a game, not just to see him play but to give his thoughts on the game.  For instance when a hand is played. He could tell us why he opted to fold or play a hand. Why he folded, limped, bet or raised etc. why he reraised a bet, why he folded to a raise etc. what his thoughts are on the flop, turn and on the river. What he is putting his opponents on when he bets, or what hands (or range) is he is putting his opponents on when they call, check or bet. What are the styles of his opponents and how does he come to that conclusion etc In other words, to show what the players thought process's in analysing a hands during a game. I think the best way to show this would be in tournament play whether it be a MTT or a S&G. cheers
    Posted by Mahound
    This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
  • Options
    GreekWayGreekWay Member Posts: 462
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Good stuff to hear.

We need more though. Come on Skypoker. You can do it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
    Posted by Sky_Claire

Thank you Clair, 
    I hope that is well advertised on here and on the TV channel when it is aired.

While i am on, could you tell me why its not possible to record programs of sky poker on the tv using the series linkbutton ad then record a whole series.  Can sky poker not liase with sky tv to sort this out?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... :  Thank you Clair,  I hope that is well advertised on here and on the TV channel when it is aired. While i am on, could you tell me why its not possible to record programs of sky poker on the tv using the series linkbutton ad then record a whole series.  Can sky poker not liase with sky tv to sort this out?
    Posted by Mahound
    All programmes should be series linked. Obviously we are the same company as Sky, but its more human error then anything else.

Trust me its a monthly nag I do, but will continue and hopefully it will get sorted, especially with the new programmes which will all be a 1 hour shows plus part of a series
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : All programmes should be series linked. Obviously we are the same company as Sky, but its more human error then anything else. Trust me its a monthly nag I do, but will continue and hopefully it will get sorted, especially with the new programmes which will all be a 1 hour shows plus part of a series
    Posted by Sky_Claire

Thank you Claire Looking forward to the show.

• Options
    metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2012

It's Saturday night.  I'm watching Top of the Pots and Anna is wearing the most gorgeous earrings - you know the ones - four huge crystal pendants in oval settings cascading from each ear!!

The problem is your producer.  He/she keeps cutting away to show us yet more cash poker hands (as if we didn't get enough of those).  Worse, we have Scotty getting more camera time than Anna.  All he can do is rabbit on about the hands.  He isn't wearing any earrings and wouldn't suit them anyway.

My suggestions for improving this show are:

1.  Get rid of Scotty.  (Sorry, Scotty, but you just can't compete.)
    2.  Get rid of the poker hands.  (They're just a distraction.)
    3.  Devote the whole hour to slow-motion shots of Anna shaking her head and playing with her earrings.

Anyone agree?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....Anna's Earrings:
    It's Saturday night.  I'm watching Top of the Pots and Anna is wearing the most gorgeous earrings - you know the ones - four huge crystal pendants in oval settings cascading from each ear!! The problem is your producer.  He/she keeps cutting away to show us yet more cash poker hands (as if we didn't get enough of those).  Worse, we have Scotty getting more camera time than Anna.  All he can do is rabbit on about the hands.  He isn't wearing any earrings and wouldn't suit them anyway. My suggestions for improving this show are: 1.  Get rid of Scotty.  (Sorry, Scotty, but you just can't compete.) 2.  Get rid of the poker hands.  (They're just a distraction.) 3.  Devote the whole hour to slow-motion shots of Anna shaking her head and playing with her earrings. Anyone agree?
    Posted by metaraptor
    LOL shame it was Stuart Rutter not Scotty77........... those earrings must of really put you off!
  • Options
    D_LegendD_Legend Member Posts: 335
    edited February 2012

SPT courage - seeing some the of the hands playing out on final table.

maybe a video section on the website to watch pervidous shows.

• Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited February 2012
    big bluster started a thread in the general poker chat about telephone guest what yous use to do a few years back I think it would be a great idea if yous brought that back say for example the sunday night primo get two guests so both guests are being compettitve to out do one another on the show would be great fun to take part and also watch keep ut to date how the guests do.

but also loving the new shows keep up the gd work sky
  • Options
    flashbang9flashbang9 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Long time watcher of Sky Poker Channel but only just joined the site....first post so go easy on me ! 

Wish list

1. More live poker ! Watched the UK cash game a while ago and made a nice change to online poker ...listening to the banter and seeing the players reactions , with witty commentary , Think UKIPT on C4 ...live play is much more entertaining im sure a few hours a week wouldn't be asking too much

2. Invite Luke Schwartz back asap ! The guy is so entertaining its unreal

3. keep up the good work ...the advice given by TK, Carlo, Trevor etc is invaluable and has improved my game no end...both informative and easily explained all do an excellent job 

• Options
    edited March 2012
    big bluster started a thread in the general poker chat about telephone guest what yous use to do a few years back I think it would be a great idea if yous brought that back say for example the sunday night primo get two guests so both guests are being compettitve to out do one another on the show would be great fun to take part and also watch keep ut to date how the guests do. but also loving the new shows keep up the gd work sky
    Posted by liamboi11
    We are hoping to test our new set next week, which will provide an area for people to play live HU. This would be great to get some of the players in from home to take part. More news to follow soon, but thank you for the feedback and glad you are enjoying the new shows!
  • Options
    LegjobbLegjobb Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Long time watcher of Sky Poker Channel but only just joined the site....first post so go easy on me !  Wish list 1. More live poker ! Watched the UK cash game a while ago and made a nice change to online poker ...listening to the banter and seeing the players reactions , with witty commentary , Think UKIPT on C4 ...live play is much more entertaining im sure a few hours a week wouldn't be asking too much 2. Invite Luke Schwartz back asap ! The guy is so entertaining its unreal 3. keep up the good work ...the advice given by TK, Carlo, Trevor etc is invaluable and has improved my game no end...both informative and easily explained all do an excellent job 
    Posted by flashbang9
    Hear, hear! Sky Poker is not nearly as addictive as it used to be, now nearly all the live shows have gone. :-(
  • Options
    SpikeladSpikelad Member Posts: 406
    edited January 2013
    My idea for the channel would be picking a cash table from the site and following it for a decent amount of time ,an hour would be excellent.The reason i think this would be good is that we could see exactly how the competent cash players grind away at the cash tables.

I would not have any of the cards covered so that we could see how players play from every position and all the moves that they make.Even if this was shown at off peak times with no commentary i still think it would be a valuable learning session for players who want to improve.
  • Options
    larry1959larry1959 Member Posts: 170
    edited January 2013
    I have 2 suggestions for the show...

1. the post in section, where you win seats into tournies... ''your most embarrassing jobs''

2. 4 studio tournies at the end of the year. one for the high stakes. one for med stakes, one for small stakes.. with a final table with the top 2 from each session winning seats. Satallites into a main monthly tournie. with the top 6 from each month battling it out in a semi final with top 6 reaching the studio final... cash prizes for runners up online (dependant on field), win cash prizes at the studio end of the tournies....