You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

Comments

• Options
    rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    How about a once weekly show where Tikay is sat in a big comfy chair with a pot of tea beside him, maybe a nice piece of cake too.  In the background is a roaring log fire, paintings of his favourite ducks, trains, chimneys, aqueducts on the wall.

The camera pans across the room, focuses on Tikay, he stirrs from his sleep, mumbles in his semi-sleeping state, "Richard, don't go there", realises where he is and looks to camera.

Tikay welcomes the viewers to his living room, and then proceeds to tell some of the best stories you've probably ever heard regarding anything Tikay likes for the next hour.

It's so crazy, it might just work.
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Can I just check this definitely isn't being commissioned?  I can't take the tension any longer.
    Posted by Machka

Tikayanory, I like it
  • Options
    troggerstroggers Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : As answered earlier in the thread, large demand isn't there at the moment as witnessed by the WSOP satellites.  It's certainly an area Sky Poker would like to develop though, and something we'll look at carefully in autumn.

I think there is demand, its all down to the satellites.  If you put 1 GTD seat to the next satellite people will play.

or put them in the S&G. work out how many players and levels you need with 1st or 1st & 2nd going to the next level and so on. That way sky poker player would be able to play any level at any time, they would just have to wait for the number of people needed.

and last

why not open a new post just asking how many people would like satellite for WOSP, EPT, or any other tournaments.
  • Options
    mossleymossley Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2010
    I have been playing poker now for about 3 years and consider myself a half decent player, I do prefer live play to online but can only get out and play live once a week, so playing on Sky is the next best thing for me. I recently checked my stats out on Sharkscope and am horrified at my online play, (I am a fish on super tilt). I was wondering, for an idea for the channel if each sky presenter "adopted" an existing player with very bad form (like myself) and then coached that player by email or another method. This would help members of the Skypoker become better players, and the winning presenter could be the one whose player goes deepest in the next SPT Final at DTD, which the players would have to qualify for? This is just an idea, but am wondering what you think?
  • Options
    wild69wild69 Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    Sky Poker is a channel for you!  So what would you like to see on the channel?  What will help you improve your poker? What do you like about the channel and want more of? What guests would you like to see on the shows? Have you got ideas for new items or shows? It's all about you - so let us know your feedback - and you never know your idea, no matter how big or small, could feature on the channel soon! 
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew
    what chance is there of sky showing the final of the Premiership cup between team yellow and team sky?
  • Options
    silver8acksilver8ack Member Posts: 1,190
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : what chance is there of sky showing the final of the Premiership cup between team yellow and team sky?
    Posted by wild69

+1 defo should be on tv
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : what chance is there of sky showing the final of the Premiership cup between team yellow and team sky?
    Posted by wild69
    +1
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2010
    Posted by wild69
    A definate +1
  • Options
    MOVERMOVER Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2010
    Posted by wild69
    great idea
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2010
    Posted by wild69

Yeah, bring it on. Would be good to see 6 players from team sky at the final table on 865
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,534
    edited November 2010
    A brilliant idea!
    Come on sky!!!
    We deserve this.
    Loyalty bonus.
  • Options
    WiganeseWiganese Member Posts: 52
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : +1 defo should be on tv
    Posted by silver8ack
    Great idea and probably would attract record audiences. Com'on Yellow team cup and league double!!!
  • Options
    Richard49Richard49 Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2010
    Posted by wild69

I agree - It would be great to see the final of this tournament on TV.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    Sky Poker is a channel for you!  So what would you like to see on the channel?  What will help you improve your poker? What do you like about the channel and want more of? What guests would you like to see on the shows? Have you got ideas for new items or shows? It's all about you - so let us know your feedback - and you never know your idea, no matter how big or small, could feature on the channel soon! 
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew
    Having trouble with email to theopen@bskyb.com for some reason, not used to how the forum works, so trying to contact SKYPOKER presenters this way. See original email below:

Hi guys, great Bounty Hunter show last Thursday, thoroughly enjoyed the game, the banter and the coverage. My UserID is STAYORGO which you mentioned a few times.

Three weeks ago was the first time I'd played on Sky Poker TV for years, didn't see the final heads up last week, did sweetthing win?

There was a very significant hand (as far as the tournament was concerned) on the table that I was on, which I don't think was covered last week. If my memory serves me correctly, I had over 70K, sweetthing and tazz2222 had just over 40K each, we ended up all in pre flop. I had AK, sweetthing QQ and tazz TT. No one hit anything and sweetthing's QQ prevailed elevating himself to major chip leader and as a result, later on to the heads up battle, which I don't know whether or not he won as it went off air and I was not on the Internet by then.

Anyhow, my view to the folding of Aces question you raised.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, not first hand in WSOP, on the bubble, 5 callers, 3 players left on the final table with one short stack, it's the best hand in poker, any situation I will never fold Aces pre flop, PERIOD, as they say in the states.

Now having got on my high horse about never EVER folding Aces I have just mentioned it to my son, Gary, who has an amazing poker brain for his age. He told me that I WOULD fold Aces in one scenario. I didn't believe him at first, but, you know what, he was right, smart lad.

In a satellite tournament where say 6 qualify and we are down to the last 7. I'm second chip leader and know without doubt that I can check/fold myself to a top six finish and qualification to the main event, in this scenario, if chip leader raises all in, I will indeed fold my Aces! Never thought I'd hear myself say those words! :=)

It's amazing, one time your explaining to your kids which is better a flush or a straight then the next thing you know, they're beating you hands down, have an better understanding of the game, and reading your every move!

Looking forward to tonight, hope the poker gods are with me!
    All the best guys,

Cheers Graham (STAYORGO)

P.S Could you give a mention to my partner Evelyne, who has only been playing Poker a few weeks, absolutely loves it, and has just finished 2nd in our weekly pub poker tournament. I guess like my son, she'll be beating me soon too! :=)

• Options
    Sky_ClaireSky_Claire Member Posts: 1,058
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... :   I agree - It would be great to see the final of this tournament on TV .
    Posted by Richard49
    Hi All

Sorry have only just seen this post. Unfortunately we cannot cover that event due to scheduling at the TV channel. We submit the channel schedules of what programmes are going out about a month ahead of transmission and the Premiership was never in the original plans.

We have just changed the hours of broadcast therefore freeing up time to cover other tournament etc which we shot as 'pre records' before the live show. There are new shows such as 'Sky Poker School' running over the next few months and you will get great advice from our poker experts and the TSP members.

Please do keep posting ideas and we will do our very best to get the kind of poker TV you want to see on your screen

Thanks
  • Options
    Sky_ClaireSky_Claire Member Posts: 1,058
    edited November 2010
    Hey :) New to poker, new to the site and new to the channel. Enjoying them all ! I'm very new to poker (only been playing for about 3 weeks), so I find the analysis-type shows invaluable. Tonight I found myself having to go through each each daily schedule individually to record Poker Clinic. Any chance of getting the schedulers / programmers to add "Series Link" functionality to shows like "Poker Clinic" / "Mastercash" etc? It would save me and probably quite a few others some time. Cheers, Darren.
    Posted by Darren72
    Hi Darren72

All shows are now series linked.

Thanks for the feedback
  • Options
    stueee000stueee000 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    Please mention on TV the change in the structure of tournament  placings. It appears with the names alphebetically and not as easy to find your position when out. It should remain in numerical order.
  • Options
    bigrbigr Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2011
     i think the most useful thing for us beginners. would be to show a programme. where one of your experts plays in a £1 or£2 mtt. if you just showed it through his eyes. you could even show just his hand.at first. if he talked through it. what reads he puts on players. how he deals with various players. whether they are passive or aggressive. ithink it would be entertaining and informative. ian fraser would be good for the job
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2011
     i think the most useful thing for us beginners. would be to show a programme. where one of your experts plays in a £1 or£2 mtt. if you just showed it through his eyes. you could even show just his hand.at first. if he talked through it. what reads he puts on players. how he deals with various players. whether they are passive or aggressive. ithink it would be entertaining and informative. ian fraser would be good for the job
    Posted by bigr
    Great idea.
  • Options
    RossMcRossMc Member Posts: 158
    edited April 2011
    If this has been suggested already then I'm sorry and I admit its a bit of a copy from other ideas, but how about a show where TSP each take a relative newcomer under their wing and coach them or at least give advice and see who progresses the most?
  • Options
    dagoosedagoose Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    I'm new to sky poker .com and TV and I have seen previously on TV and on adverts the virtual table where the presenters stand next to the cards and discuss please bring it bac

Gary pierce

aka dagoose