You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited October 2013
    Back to some good odds horses this week.

iiii - Chapter Seven 5.25 New -16-1 - This horse was used as pacemaker for most of the season and then they have wanted to reward it with a win. second last time out and since taken out of numerous races including the Cambridgeshire. Like Take Cover yesterday I reckon this his is time and he won on this day last year. Finished 3rd but Spencer didnt really give him chance to win it, no clear run when needed.

iii- Sam sharp 2.20 York 12-1 - In the cambridgeshire last time he reared in the stalls and was never in it, the time before he had won well and hoping he gets back to that form today. played up at stalls and probably that was where his chance went .

ii- Domination 3.50 Newm 10-1 -would have been my four star rating until the rain, gave him a few weeks ago as the winner of this race. Won last years trial before missing out on race because of going and it could have gone against him again and the draw might not be ideal. this is relected in his latest price. If he runs he will win. Having a little saver on Sohar as he will win at a big price soon. How many times have I said that now. Domination always struggling and ground not best for him. And winner showed that over this distance draw is nothing, lost ten lengths at start and won easily at 66-1.      

i- Mass Rally 3.30 York -14-1 - Also have slight fancy for Baccarat but again as Take Cover showed yesterday the horses who have really done well out of Ayr Gold Cup are ones who finished well down field rather than the close up finishers. Perhaps that was because their jockeys did not give them a hard race.This could have been case with this horse as it is a hold up horse anyway and I wouldnt be surprised if it overturned form with Baccarat. Anyway he is an old favourite so sticking with him.   No wonder he is one of my favourites, a lovely easy win at lovelyprice.  also another Ayr gold cup horse who was given an "easier" race when beaten overturns others who finished better .

Also fancy 

York 
    1.50 York romantic settings 10-1 4th
    5.10 San Cassiano 20-1 nowhere

Newmarket
    2.05 amarillo 10-1 thought it was going to win until the winner suddenly cruised by . 2nd
    2.35 Brown sugar 16-1 nowhere

edited October 2013
    I nice winner at 14-1 . now up £32
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 12/10/2013:
    Back to some good odds horses this week. iiii - Chapter Seven 5.25 New -16-1 - This horse was used as pacemaker for most of the season and then they have wanted to reward it with a win. second last time out and since taken out of numerous races including the Cambridgeshire. Like Take Cover yesterday I reckon this his is time and he won on this day last year. Finished 3rd but Spencer didnt really give him chance to win it, no clear run when needed. iii- Sam sharp 2.20 York 12-1 - In the cambridgeshire last time he reared in the stalls and was never in it, the time before he had won well and hoping he gets back to that form today. played up at stalls and probably that was where his chance went . ii- Domination 3.50 Newm 10-1 -would have been my four star rating until the rain, gave him a few weeks ago as the winner of this race. Won last years trial before missing out on race because of going and it could have gone against him again and the draw might not be ideal. this is relected in his latest price. If he runs he will win. Having a little saver on Sohar as he will win at a big price soon. How many times have I said that now.  Domination always struggling and ground not best for him. And winner showed that over this distance draw is nothing, lost ten lengths at start and won easily at 66-1.       i- Mass Rally 3.30 York -14-1 - Also have slight fancy for Baccarat but again as Take Cover showed yesterday the horses who have really done well out of Ayr Gold Cup are ones who finished well down field rather than the close up finishers. Perhaps that was because their jockeys did not give them a hard race.This could have been case with this horse as it is a hold up horse anyway and I wouldnt be surprised if it overturned form with Baccarat. Anyway he is an old favourite so sticking with him.    No wonder he is one of my favourites, a lovely easy win at lovelyprice.  also another Ayr gold cup horse who was given an "easier" race when beaten overturns others who finished better . Also fancy  York  1.50 York romantic settings 10-1 4th 5.10 San Cassiano 20-1 nowhere Newmarket 2.05 amarillo 10-1 thought it was going to win until the winner suddenly cruised by . 2nd 2.35 Brown sugar 16-1 nowhere   
    Posted by vaigret
    Spot on with Mass Rally,I had a similar experience and backed Tropics last week!
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 12/10/2013:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 12/10/2013 : Spot on with Mass Rally,I had a similar experience and backed Tropics last week!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Yes wynne I went for Hoof it and wished I had gone with you on Tropics. I think there has been a couple of others two , just cant remeber them now. 
    edited October 2013
    Not very confident about tomorrow so no long spiels.

Gone all french and old favourites

iiii- Maxios 3.30 Ascot 4-1 never in it

iii - Dalkala 2.55 ascot -4-1 4th didnt like the kick back early but every chance and didnt see it through

ii- Times Up Ascot 1.45 - 12-1 Always handy but not good enough

i - Mass Rally Ascot 2.20 -14-1 Ran respectably without getting in a blow 6th

and to top it all I fancy THE ROCK's Farhh to beat Cirrus. Well done The Rock, good job i took notice of you LOL

Good luck all  
    edited October 2013
    And i also fancy

Cheltenham 2.00 Creepy 10/3 2nd, never going to reach winner and thumped.
    2.35 Johns Spirit 8-1 Backed in to 5-1 and won easily
    3.45 Master Grez 13/2 4th after mistake 3 out then ran out of steam on run in 
    4.25 Mister Newby 14-1 nowhere

Catterick

3.40 Imperial Legend Nowhere
    4.15  Personal Touch 2nd

Ascot

4.45 Common touch 12-1 nowhere
    edited October 2013
    Back to £28 up
    edited October 2013
    Mixture of jumps and flat and new and old favourites.

iiii - 3.15 Don- Take Cover 11-2 - Already been backed and won well last time on this kind of ground. Heavily entered and ligtly raced this season suggests the Trainer knows he still has a good handicap rating. Expect him to win again. Draw might do him so little saver on Dungannon. Thank goodness I suddenly realised the draw was agains Take Cover who was nowhere. Dungannon breezed it and turned round form at 16-1 .

iii - 3.50 don  -Pinzola 7-2  - Unbeaten Godolphin horse who have a good record in this race and this horse supplemented. Expecting big run. Poor but Kingston hill looked very good

ii- 4.10 Chepstow- Araldur - Favourite trainer jockey combo and stable in good form. This horse good fresh and will love conditions. Not good enough

i- 1.55 Aintree Ifand butwhynot -7-2 - Old favourite and running in good handicaps last year. Going well when fell 2 out last time. Hope his fall and booking of McCoy doesnt upset him. The problems he had end of last season and 189 days off was his downfall even though he was ridden confidently. Running all over them coming to the last, he blew up big time and struggled home for 3rd. Will come on so much for this. Back next time.
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 26/10/2013:
    Mixture of jumps and flat and new and old favourites.   iiii - 3.15 Don- Take Cover 11-2 - Already been backed and won well last time on this kind of ground. Heavily entered and ligtly raced this season suggests the Trainer knows he still has a good handicap rating. Expect him to win again. iii - 3.50 don  -Pinzola 7-2  - Unbeaten Godolphin horse who have a good record in this race and this horse supplemented. Expecting big run. ii- 4.10 Chepstow- Araldur - Favourite trainer jockey combo and stable in good form. This horse good fresh and will love conditions. i- 1.55 Aintree Ifand butwhynot -7-2 - Old favourite and running in good handicaps last year. Going well when fell 2 out last time. Hope his fall and booking of McCoy doesnt upset him.
    Posted by vaigret
    Good Luck,I see I have backed a couple of yours (Great minds think alike)
    edited October 2013
    And good luck to you to wynne.

Notice Pricewise has copied me again.

Other fancies which I didnt have time to post last night.

2.20 New Galiway 2-1 did well to finish 2nd
    2.55Cocktail Queen 25-1 Nice 25-1 third, thought at one time she was going to win, then saw Cubanita strolling behind her.
    3.30 Newbury Soviet rock 5-1 went out like a light strip fitter next time

2.40 Don Thomas Hobson 4-1 Winner

3.05 Aintree Viva Colonia 16-1 good 3rd and nice place double with Cocktail Queen.
    edited October 2013
    My ratings all lost so back to £24 up.

Still made a nice profit on the day thanks to my savers.
    edited November 2013
    All jumps on tele amnd a lot of trappy competitive races.

Not confident but here goes.

iiii - 2.20 Newmarket - Wannabe King 14-1- Won this last year off two pound higher and encouraging run last time in third. Trainer knows how to win this and hopeful he can repeat at good price. Not as good this year. Finished well down field.

iii- 3.20 Ascot - Merry King -10 -1 -only just noticed this is a king double. Trainer and jockey doing well and this horse looks good from bottom of handicap. Already backed from 14-1 into 10-1. 2nd and not helped by Triolene who held him in at a crucial stage. Back next time.

ii- 2.30 Down royal -Prince de Beaucherne 14-1 - Value price for this horse if has got back to form it showed earlier in its career. Close form with others who are at a lot smaller prices. Right to go for outsider, trouble is wrong one. Given very tender ride by Ruby and will improve from this.

i- 3.35 Wetherby -Long Run 11-8 -If any where near his best should win this.  Nowhere but Harry Topper was very good to win as he struggled the first circuit and very impressive.

Also fancy Alasi 7-1 1.50 Wetherby 3rd at 10-1

2.10 Ascot Gus Macrea 16-1 and My Brother Sylvest 14-1 Gus finished well for 5th , Sylvest out like a light. Drumshambo looked good from long way out.
    2.45 Ascot Jumps Road 20-1 Pine Creek won well, jumps road needed it- nowhere.
    edited November 2013
    and Trustan Times 10-3 3.00 Wetherby nowhere
    edited November 2013
    Now only £20 up
    edited November 2013
    On a bad run with my ratings so need a winner this week.

iiii- Standing Ovation 5-1  - 2.40 Wincanton - Improver who I have backed the last twice and is going for his fourth win in a row tomorrow. I am sure this horse is still ahead of the handicapper and is still only carrying 10st 2lb in what is a tougher race. Jockey has been on for all three wins and last time this horse drerw well clear with a higher rated individual in highland Lodge and battled well for a win. Hoping he can go in again for the stable that won this last year with The Package. Never never in doubt, and backed down to 5-2. Hope the handicapper doesnt crucify him now.

iii- Melodic Rendezvous 3-1 - 2.05 Wincanton- Top hurdler last year winning three times and improving all the time. Beat Puffin Billy by miles when they met. Missed Cheltenham Festival in order to try and win big Aintree hurdle and then had a bad scope and finished for the season. If back to full fitness this horse could have another good season and should win tomorrow even under top weight. Very good horse and a fantastic price at 9-2. Not fully fit according to trainer and slammed Triumph hurdle runner up. Keep following.

ii- Magistral - 7-1 - 1.50 Doncaster - Lighly raced Gosden horse who finished second to Haaf a Sixpence in a good Newmarket race last weekend. Very impressive winner in Levitate and this horse didnt enjoy at all. blinkers didnt work.

i- Cocktail Queen - 8-1 -3.00 Doncaster  - This horse ran a terrific race for me at 25-1 the other week against Cubanita after being off the course since May.  Looked like the winner a furlong out but then lack of race fitness took its toll. Should strip fitter this time and ground and trip will be ideal. Thought she would win but done no favours twice in last furlong or so. 2nd. Pity it would have been a nice treble.

Other horses -   

Grandads Horse 5-1 -2.30 Sandown Finished like a train for 3rd but Venetia williams doing brilliantly with saturday horses at mo.

2.25 Doncaster -Highland Colori 5-1 ran well just ran out of it in 2nd and old favourite Mass Rally at 12-1never happy
    3.35 Doncaster  - Highland Castle 16-1 all over the place and nowhere 
    4.05 Doncaster  - Raging Bear 16-1 nowhere
    edited November 2013
    Good day, could have been a brilliant day.

£27.50 up to £1 single stakes.
    edited November 2013
    4.05 Doncaster yesterday I was watching wrong horse. Raging Bear fell out of the stalls and at three furlongs he was miles behind, ran on superbly and nearly got 2nd on line. Incredible run and at 33-1 very nice and worth a look next time.
    edited November 2013
    So many horses I fancy again but lets hope I can get the right ones for my ratings this week.

iiii- 3.15 wetherby Lifetime 5-1 - Lots of these ran against each other at the course recently in the race won by Hartside. I hope those horses are in the mix again and Lifetime is the won I want. Never put into the race last time it then sprinted home under tender handling into 3rd place. I reckon it will be ridden closer to the pace this time and I am hopeful it will reverse form with the others. Well ,I was right , he was the best horse that ran last time but beaten by two others into 3rd.

iii- 3.10 Lingfield -Take Cover 11-1- Ok this is an old favourite but it has won on an all weather surface before and was drawn on the wrong side of the course in a recent race. Hopeful it will win this time. Ran really well  2nd and fighting back on line but Valbchek just held on.

ii-  4.05 Cheltenham -Bull & Bush 14-1- This really is a value bet . second in a bumper last year to a horse that is still unbeaten. Alan king has had this race as a target for a long time and at the price couldnt resist putting this in the ratings. Outpaced coming down hill and then ran on again for 7th or 8th. Never going to win.

i- 2.30 Cheltenham- Johns Spirit 8-1. This would have a higher rating if I didnt fear Finians Rainbow might come back to form. Won nicely last time over course and distance and Sew on Target who came third in that race ran well for 2nd yesterday. JS has same jockey as last time and hope it wins again. What a bet at 8-1 although getting tired up the hill and McLernon does brilliantly again. Finians has gone pulled up. 

Other horses I fancy are in the same race meaning I wouldn't include in my ratings.

1.50 cheltenham- Monbeg Dude 8-1 who had a recent pipe opener over hurdles and finished well. Should go on from there but also fancy Spring Heeled 7-1. Hopeful of both until I saw Alvarado coming up the outside. Then he disappeared and Monbeg was being cheered home. Cavalry appeared and only 4th as alvarado sprinted up hill.
    3.00 cheltenham - Silver Eagle 6-1 who was 2nd to Thomas Crapper last time who won again yesterday . also fancy Recession Proof 16-1 if John Quinn has got it fit again after missing last season. Silver Eagle struggled, Recession Proof blew up three furlongs out, would have brought him on. Back next time especially if over slightly shorter.
    3.35 Chelt Creepy 7-1 Couldn't beleive 7-1 was available on this horse 10 minutes before off. Won well.

edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 16/11/2013:
    So many horses I fancy again but lets hope I can get the right ones for my ratings this week. iiii- 3.15 wetherby Lifetime 5-1 - Lots of these ran against each other at the course recently in the race won by Hartside. I hope those horses are in the mix again and Lifetime is the won I want. Never put into the race last time it then sprinted home under tender handling into 3rd place. I reckon it will be ridden closer to the pace this time and I am hopeful it will reverse form with the others.  iii- 3.10 Lingfield -Take Cover 11-1- Ok this is an old favourite but it has won on an all weather surface before and was drawn on the wrong side of the course in a recent race. Hopeful it will win this time.  ii-  4.05 Cheltenham -Bull & Bush 14-1 - This really is a value bet . second in a bumper last year to a horse that is still unbeaten. Alan king has had this race as a target for a long time and at the price couldnt resist putting this in the ratings. i- 2.30 Cheltenham- Johns Spirit 8-1. This would have a higher rating if I didnt fear Finians Rainbow might come back to form. Won nicely last time over course and distance and Sew on Target who came third in that race ran well for 2nd yesterday. JS has same jockey as last time and hope it wins again.  What a bet at 8-1 although getting tired up the hill and McLernon does brilliantly again . Finians has gone pulled up.  Other horses I fancy are in the same race meaning I wouldn't include in my ratings. 1.50 cheltenham- Monbeg Dude 8-1 who had a recent pipe opener over hurdles and finished well. Should go on from there but also fancy Spring Heeled 7-1. Hopeful of both until I saw Alvarado coming up the outside. Then he disappeared and Monbeg was being cheered home. Cavalry appeared and only 4th as alvarado sprinted up hill. 3.00 cheltenham - Silver Eagle 6-1 who was 2nd to Thomas Crapper last time who won again yesterday . also fancy Recession Proof 16-1 if John Quinn has got it fit again after missing last season.  
    Posted by vaigret
    Nice winner!
    edited November 2013
    thanks wynne