You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013 : Hi mate course you can join love in. Just back in suffolk last weekend delivering chrissie presents. Have a good un. wynne thanks for the congratulations. Sorry but I think at fishers might continue to disaapoint you.  
    Posted by vaigret
    Same to u Terry.

As for Fishers, yep, I got drawn in too, and put him in my TTF team. I think in hindsight he was beating a pour bunch of novice stayers last season. He's been found out now, and may be 'finished'. Ladbrokes 3/1 for Big Bucks looks very tempting. Only Solwit to fear I think. 
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013 : Same to u Terry. As for Fishers, yep, I got drawn in too, and put him in my TTF team. I think in hindsight he was beating a pour bunch of novice stayers last season. He's been found out now, and may be 'finished'. Ladbrokes 3/1 for Big Bucks looks very tempting. Only Solwit to fear I think. 
    Posted by joesman1
    You are so right Neil,

Just said that to the Rock. Cant see beyond big Bucks either and 3-1 very good price.
    edited December 2013
    If my ten to follow are anything to go by most of these horses will be pulled up or finished for the season. No great confidence behind them and probably picked for favouritism rather than a true reflection of their chances but here goes.

iiii - Creepy 6-1 1.45 Newbury - Ran really well over this distance at cheltenham and goinb against one of my ten to follow in Oscar Rock. Trainer in good form, lets hope it continues. another faller, wish jockeys would let horses jump. unlikely to have won though.

iii - Coverholder 6-1 3.10 Chepstow - Won last twice including a facile win at Kelso. hope still improving. Pace of race blew this apart

ii- Merry King - 9-1 2.35 chepstow - Following the Hennessey form which seemd to be working out well for some and not others. Hope this horse is one of the good ones. Little savers on two winners latest Hey Big spender 25-1 and Knock a Hand 20-1. Ran a good race to finish fifth.

i- Lord Windermere -9-1 2.55 Leopardstown - Another Hennessey runner and one of my ten to follow, not lost confidence yet but this is a hard task. Not as good as I thought he was but great to see Bobs Worth back.

Also fancy

Handsupfordetriot 9-2 1.00 Chepstwo started with a winner lead from start to finish, easily 
    Lamps 14-1 1.30 chepstow I was hoping this would be fit first time but not.
    Shaking Hands 1.15 Newbury 8-1 didnt get easy lead and fell early
    edited December 2013
    Down to £23.50 up
    edited January 2014
    Well with Sandown off we have Wincanton and whippet racing

Here are the ratings

iiii- 2.40 wincanton -Jumps Road 9-2- Won well time before last than ran superbly behind Zarkander & The New One. such a good run people cannot beleive it but as it was a winner the time before perhaps it has improved a lot, Nailed on on last race. NR

iii-  2.05 Wincanton - Toby Lerone 7-2 -Won well twice over normal fences and hoping Aintree was a blip NR 

ii- 3.10 Lingfield - Rivellino 7-2- Followed this over the summer with not much luck. Won last time out and hopeful he has now got into his stride. 2nd to a very good improver

i- 2.35 Lingfiled - Energia Eros -12-1-know nothing about this horse but second in Brazil last time. Is Marco getting him ready to go to Dubai and if so is he ready today. Brilliant progress round bend then out like a light

Also fancy Naaz 5-1 3.45 Ling 2nd
    Two in the Pink 12-1 2.00 Ling again out from 8-1 to 25-1 , once he went inside made ground but too late

added

Extalar 1.40 New 6-1 Nobody likes mine today out to 8-1 and ran like it
    Nautical Twilight 2.15 4-1 Also friendless in market , out to 8-1 and nowhere
    Indian Voyage 2-50 7-2 going well then terrible errors and lost 3rd close homer
    Megamike 3.25 3-1 NR thank goodness for them today
    edited January 2014
    now only £21.50 up
    edited January 2014
    Todays ratings

iiii- THE LIQUIDATOR -1.35 Kempton-5-2 Won as he liked last time out and hoping he can be as brilliant today on his road to the festival. Oh dear oh dear, not going to win at cheltenham with form like that. Back to the drawing board .

iii- LIKE MINDED - 2.40 Kempton- 12-1- Young trainer done really well since leaving Nicholls and knows how to get one handicapped well. Won well at Aintree. Ran really well and two out thought i had it as going very well. only manged third in end , however couldnt beleive Saphir De Rhue 6-1 so had saver on that and it won easily.

ii- UNCLE JIMMY - 2.25 Warwick - 8-1 -Ran well in a hot cheltenham handicap and hoping extra distance will help. At last , running all over them two out then mistake and worried whether the would hold on. did it nicely in end.  Fancied the second Grand Vision 12-1 as well and did it each way. should have had the forecast LOL

i- ROYALE KNIGHT - 3.35 Warwick- 12-1 -Hope the good doctor has found another Night alliance. Ok this one is just out of handicap but hopefully still good enough of low weight. Also fancy Hay Big spender 14-1. Pricewise copied me again but luckily I was on before the bets came in. ran well to finish 3rd. Place doubles and trebles up.

Also fancy

12.25 Kempton-toby Lerone 4-1
    2.10 K-Twinlight 9-4 hit two fences very hard and didnt get trip
    3.15 K -Nadiya de Le Vega 9-2 terrible error put paid to her chances

1.55 War-Sew on Target 7-2 couldnt live with Dare Me
    3.00 War Creepy 6-1 nowhere so thank goodness for my little savers Splash of Ginge 16-1 ew

Good luck all
    edited January 2014
    Toby Lerone tried hard but tired quickly
    edited January 2014
    back to £26.50 up
    edited January 2014
    Too many races with small fields tomorrow and then I fancy more than one in some.

How do I decide between Ifandbutwhynot, jumps road and Melodic Rendezvous in 2.40 Haydock. All my fav's and all got a chance. Melodic Renzvous should be the one if back fit but value in other two. Well done Melodic Rendezvous, another winner .
    Anyway here we go with a try.

3.00 Ascot - TATANEN - 7-2- Loves the track and ran really well to win last time. Time to win again. NR

3.15 Haydock- NIGHT ALLIANCE - 7-1- this would have been my top rating if Merry King, who has ran well this season and been dropped by handicapper since , wasnt in the race. Saver forecast but still think this horse is improving ahead of handicapper. Didnt like the inside run but not good enough and Merry King came too late with a storming run.

2.25 Ascot- THOMAS CRAPPER -8-1- Did this last time but feel 3 miles did for it. Back to 2m 5f which it won over both times previously. Hope it likes Ascot as much. Going well then went from travelling well to struggling. what a winner Irish saint was very very easy.

1.50 Ascot - HIGHLAND RETREAT -4-1 - Trainer very positive about this horses chances and that is good enough for me. Well the trainer and myself were both right although a bit harder than it looked two hurdles out. Tough mare and lovely price at 5-1. Couldn't beleive Mickie favourite over mine, stuffed her last time and today.

Also fancy

3.35 Ascot Sire De Grugy 5-4 Easy Easy Easy how was that odds against.
    12.55 Haydock -Fill The Power 12-1 Benvolio won well, FTP needed the race and will come on for it.
    edited January 2014
    Now £29.50 up.
    edited January 2014
    plus a nice 70-1 accumalator and four trebles on Highland Retreat 5-1, Tarquin De Seuil 8-11, Melodic Rendezvous 2-1 and sire De Grugy 5-4
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 18/1/2014:
    plus a nice 70-1 accumalator and four trebles on Highland Retreat 5-1, Tarquin De Seuil 8-11, Melodic Rendezvous 2-1 and sire De Grugy 5-4
    Posted by vaigret
    Well done!
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 18/1/2014:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 18/1/2014 : Well done!
    Posted by wynne1938
    thnaks wynne
    edited January 2014
    hoping for my third winning week in a row.

Here goes

iiii- 1.30 Doncaster - King of the Wolds -11-2 -Trainer in good form and yorksire trainers like to win races in their home county. This won lost out on his hat trick last time to well handicapped Venetia Williams horse. Hoping history doesnt repeat itself. Backed down to joint fav but run off his feet and miles behind in 4th.

iii- 3.15 Doncaster -Unioniste -7-2 -Although top weight this horse is top class and will go close at the Festival in his chosen race. Nicholls likes winning this . Would be top rated if I also didnt fancy Baile Anrai on which I will have a small saver. 3rd but thrilled with Baile Anrai 25-1 who looked like the winner and but for a blind spot 3 out would have won.

ii - 2.40 Doncaster - Sausalio Sunrise -4-1 - Another top weight and trainer on form but hopeful of history repeating it self. Hated ground and I was right re Yorkshire trainers wanting to win at doncaster. Malcolm Jefferson won this instead of with KoTW.

i- 3.00 Cheltenham - Aubusson- 13-2 -Think this horse is underated because of its jockey and ok she wont be able to claim her allowance today she clearly gets on well with the horse and it was very impressive last time.
     Sorry, good horse but not in same class as first two and Red sherlock very very impressive.

Also fancy quite a lot of others

Cheltenham 
    12-40 -Le Rocher 5-2 Never in doubt, absolutely destroyed them without jumping well.
    1.15 Ohio Gold 6-1 going well before emptying out in home str8ht finished 4th
    1.50 Double Ross 3-1 going all over the winner and ridden confidently but Wishful Thinkiing outbattled him on run in
    2.25 Rocky Creek 6-4 well well well, TGB looked cooked most of the race until hitting home str8ght, won well. Rocky crreel looked all over winner until then. tired terribly
    3.35 Reve De sivola 7-2 not good enough but what a win for Knockara beau

Doncaster 12.25 -Elmore Back 6-1 nowher Master of Game stuffed them all
    edited January 2014
    bump to the top, got to get over wynnes threads or i'll be on page 2 before racing starts
    edited January 2014
    Back to £25.50 up
    edited February 2014
    My ratings today are

iiii- 3.00 Sandown -Fine Parchment 7-2 - Loves this course and ran a good field ragged last time out , jumping for fun. Hope he enjoys again today. Ran his heart out but ground found him out, hope he recovers ok 

iii- 1.30 FFos Las - Horatio Hornblower SP - Dont like giving ratings to horses at SP but couldnt resist as this could be a vvery dark horse. Has run against and not been totally disgraced against Champange Fever, Shutthefrontdoor and the Romford Pele. Been off for 420 days but if fit should be class above these. Ridden with confidence, did he get back up or did fitness tell.  It did it did and my winning NAP 7-2

ii- 2.10 Wetherby - No Planning -7/2 -Been running some superb races and last time good second to Night alliance. Hopeful he can win this. Won it by miles , 2 ratings winnings lovely

i- 3.35 Sandown -Handsupfordetroit -12-1 - Won easily at chepstow but then beaten on run in after being left too far in front in trip to short. Idled and by the time he responded to horse that passed him it was too late. Hopeful he can come with one withering run this week. Jumping well and loving it then at the smallest fence he unseats!!!!!

Others I fancy

1.50 Sandown -Eastlake 9-2 too much weight
    4.10 Sandown-Sew on Target 7-2 won easily

2.05 Ffos Las -Saphir Du Rheu 7-4 ANOTHER WINNER AND 2-1 GREAT PRICE
    2.40 Ffos Las -Hunters Lodge 16-1 only likes cheltenham  and De La Bach 6-1 pulled up
    3.10 FL -Tony Dinozzo 9-4  NR
    edited February 2014
    Horatio Hornblower

Do it for a nice 10-1 nap and see backed down to 7-2.

Lets hope its fit

It was
    edited February 2014
    UP TO £28.50 UP