You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited November 2013
    £32.50 up. Not bad for thread going 15mths.
    edited November 2013
    Funny week this week with such a lot of small fields.

iiii- 12.45 Haydock Far West 5-4  - Hate picking such low priced horses but this looks nailed on only losing by a length to Melodic Rendevous last time. 5-4 could be a giveaway price. oh dear

iii- 3.35 Haydock -Mac Aeda  6-1 - Last two times run well over what could be too short trip nowadays. Back to over 3m, a distance he has won at and last time over this distance he beat Johns Spirit. That form off this weight is exceptional as Johns Spirit has won twice this year including last weeks Paddy Power.
    Going well when he tipped up, although Sydney Padgettt very very impressive.

ii- 2.25 Haydock -Lie Forrit 9-1- Changed stables after two years in doldrums and won last time out back over hurdles. Back to same mark as when winning two high quality hurdle races in 2009. His chasing experience should also help over these tougher obstacles. Ran really well to finish 3rd behind old favourite Gevrey Chambertain who matched stablemates Dynaste and brother Grand Crus . 

i- 3.00 Haydock -Roi De Mee 16-1 - This is a big long shot in a high quality race but he stuffed a lot of good irish horses last time out and might be underestimated. Have a feeling top two in market might be undecooked and Tidal Bay might be biggest danger. Well I was right Conti and rest undercooked but Cue Card destroyed my horse and then the others one by one. Well done Cue Card   
    edited November 2013
    Also fancy

1.15 Haydock Chac Du cadran 8-1 pulled up
    1.50 Clondaw Kaempfer 4-1 who has gone well fresh before and beat The Liquadator in bumper. trained on the course and looks like he has been jumping higher obstacles. could go chasing soon
    edited November 2013
    Knew it would be bad day . Back to £28.50 up
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 23/11/2013:
    Knew it would be bad day . Back to £28.50 up
    Posted by vaigret
    +1
    edited November 2013
    - 1.55 Aintree Ifand butwhynot -7-2 - Old favourite and running in good handicaps last year. Going well when fell 2 out last time. Hope his fall and booking of McCoy doesnt upset him. The problems he had end of last season and 189 days off was his downfall even though he was ridden confidently. Running all over them coming to the last, he blew up big time and struggled home for 3rd. Will come on so much for this. Back next time.

Ok next time out was the Greatwood when a horse fell in front of him so he had no chance.

However today nothing was going to beat him, nice 10-1 as well
    edited December 2013
    With The Hnenesey tomorrow I should include that in my ratings but I fancy two and cant decide. Good novices have a wonderful record in this race as they go onto bigger things and Lord Windermere 8-1 is my idea of the winner before he goes on to get more chletenham glory in March. However Invictus 10-1 has a major chnce at the weights if he can overcome a 600 day absence. Hi defeat of Bobs Worth and silvianco Conti is form way above the weight he has to carry. Alan King is very bullish that he can come back well.
    Lord Windermere badly baulked when going well and then after last eased home. Not lost faith yet and will win big race soon. Invictus came their going really well and then lack of race fitness saw him go out like a light and jockey really eased him home. Will win next time.  

Now to my ratings:-

iiii- 2.05 Newcastle -Melodic Rendezvous 5-2- is my fancy for the Champion Hurdle and I am hoping he can take this on his way. Ok the form of his last win has not worked out well on the face opf it but his trainer expected him to come on for that run and he will have a fitness advantage over My Tent or Yours. Most Henderson horses have needed a run this year and I am more worried about Cockney Sparrow,Ran ok not being beat too far into fifth but definitely not champion Hurdle form. If kept over hurdles he could win another nice race or two this season but likely to go over fences now. 

iii-= 2.40 Newcastle-Hey Big Spender - 7-2 -looked all over the winner of his last race until he blew up and finished fourth. Will strip fitter this time and won this race before with a lot higher rating, Battled superbly to win and could be one to follow. 5-1 nice price.

ii- 1.50 Newbury  -The Bear Trap -9-1 -Another who looked all over the winner last time only to blow up. again will strip fitter and if cheekpieces work , will win nicely at a good price. Looked like he was coming well two out but didnt see it through.

i- 3.35 Newbury - Anay Turge - 5-1 -Impressive last time out beating Sew on Target who had run Johns Spirit close. Hoping this horse is still ahead of the handicapper. Going well when falling six out.

Also fancy

1.20 Newbury -Handy Andy- going as well as the leaders till five out and then went out like a light. Drug tested after, not true running.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2013
    Followed all 4 today as they're all on tele Father V.

The Bear Trap is 11/1 on skybet, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Good luck !
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 30/11/2013:
    Followed all 4 today as they're all on tele Father V. The Bear Trap is 11/1 on skybet, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Good luck !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    and to you DOHHHHH 
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2013

Bear Trap 8/1 now, hope it wins.

I don't care about the money but we need more of Miss Rebecca Curtis on the box! ;)
    edited December 2013
    £30.50 up now
    edited December 2013
    My ratings this week are

iiii - 3.15 Aintree - Midnight Appeal 7-1 - This horse under Alan King's best jockey gave one of the best jumping performances this season when I had him at 25-1 at Bangor. If he loves these fences as much he will win. another horse going well until it hit the fences before bechers and then made mistake after mistake.

iii- 1.50 Sandown - Tarquin De Seuill -3-1- His win last time albeit over 2m4f made him look a horse on the upgrade and hopeful he can win over the shorter trip today. Terrible mistake and still did ok but 2miles on the short side for him.

ii -3.00 Sandown - Captain Conan  3-1 -robbed of Sprinter Sacre in this one Nicky Henderson should still win it with this progressive horse. 3rd , not progressive enough at this distance.

i- 2.05 Aintree - Bennys Mist 16-1 - Very nicely weighted and with a nice run under its belt recently I fancy this to give Venetia another big saturday winner. going well until mistakes and knocked the stuffing out of him. Struggled home.

Other fancies

Sandown

2.25 Radmores Revenge 12-1 completely outclassed. what a sit by Aspell on the winner.
    3.35 Bradley 6-1 and Hunters Lodge 12-1 both ran on too late

Aintree
    12.00 Splash of Ginge sp good start 3-1 winner
    1.00 - Clondaw Kaemfer 3-1 -3rd at 7-2
    2.40 Wayward Prince 6-1 mistake early and pulled up

Chepstow
    12.55 Handsupfordetroit 7-1 NR
    2.35 He's the Daddy 3rd at 8-1
    edited December 2013
    down to £26.50 up
    edited December 2013
    Playing Santa claus last week so couldn't make it so trying to get back on track this week.

iiii- Dell'Arca 3.35 Ascot- 8-1- won a very compettitive handicap last time and I am sure this horse still on the upgrade and can win again. Going nicely on inside when Scudamore decided to move it into middle. What happens Horse falls right in front and brought dow, Lovely!!!! Willow Saviour good winner though.

iii- Triolo d'alene -3.00 Ascot- 9-4- NR Won the Hennesey very well and Graghty thinks a lot of the horse. should win this under top weight. Doing a wynne cos I now fancy Houblon Des Obleaux as well so little saver on him. Houblon missed fence after fence until 6 from home and then jumped like a stag and battled brilliantly to win.

ii- She Ranks Me 2.40 Haydock -9-4 -Both a course and distance winner and freshened up with a recent run. disappointing but not in same class as Special Catch.

i- Reve De Sivola -2.25 ascot - 3-1 - stiff task but will love the ground and won this last year. He will put the others under pressure from the start.  Another winner , well done Rev, always in control over horse that cant jump.

Happy xmas all , especially my followers, if i have any !!!
    also fancy

2.05 Haydock-Night alliance 9-1 Thought it was going to be one of those days after Gus Macrea, late selection finished 2nd but a winner at last , travelled superbly all race and put it to bed jumping last. 12-1 a great price.

3.15 Hasydock - Tweedlkedrum 10-1 NR so switched to Cross Kenyon at 4-1, Sausalito sunrise made it 4 out of 4, Cross keyon didnt like being taken on. Not good enough.

also 12.45 at ascot -Dan Skelton and Pricewise seem to think Willows Saviour will go close in big race, if so Coup de grace at 10-1 in this race is good value. Oh to be born lucky. Looked like winner coming round the bend and then after the last nailed on for third at least. Ran into fourth on line and surprise surprise there was a non runner so only 15runners. !!!!!!!
    edited December 2013
    Missed you last week,love comparing my seelections with yours,if they match I feel more confident ,if they are different, I feel let down.
    Good luck tomorrow!
    And a merry christmas to you!
    edited December 2013
    Hi wynne 

thanks for you kind words and good luck to you to.

Have a great christmas and good 2014
    edited December 2013
    So near yet so far

Up to £27.50 up on the ratings.  
  • joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013:
    Hi wynne    thanks for you kind words and good luck to you to. Have a great christmas and good 2014
    Posted by vaigret
    U been away Terry? Can I join this thread of love and make it a three-some?
    edited December 2013
    Well done Terry!
    Nice predictions!
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 21/12/2013 : U been away Terry? Can I join this thread of love and make it a three-some?
    Posted by joesman1
    Hi mate course you can join love in. Just back in suffolk last weekend delivering chrissie presents.

Have a good un.

wynne thanks for the congratulations. Sorry but I think at fishers might continue to disaapoint you.