You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,296
edited October 2017 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hi all,
These were for 11/8 week See last page for this weeks ratings 
Continuing this although not having great returns.

iiii  - Highland Colori - Doncaster 4-1 My 3 candle rating last week upped to four candles as now won 4 times and last week despite getting hampered at least twice.  Still on Upgrade.

iii
- Galacian - Newmarket 9-2 Mark Johnston must have been pulling his hair out at the ride this was given by the Ladies team in the S. Cup. He and I very hopeful he will get more help from the saddle this week.

ii - Masked Marvel Newbury 9/2 - I seem to have to have a Gosden runner in these ratings and Although this a good race 9-2 about the St Ledger winner seems to be a huge price.

i - Time Medician Newmarket Greys race 11-2- Winner of this last year and winner recently with form franked so got to go with this as my 1 candle rating.

Father V   

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited August 2012
    I'm on all 4. 

doubles, trebles, e/w 4f = £525 total staked. You sound uber convincing today! 

The silks at Ascot look weird? They're all the same just diff colours. Not seen that before.

gl us. 
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,296
    edited August 2012
    Good luck DOHHHHH we need it with you and me weighting these gorses down.

Just wish I had also taken the 7-2 last nght on the girls winning. 5-2 doesnt look so good now but I think they are a dead cert to win

Father V
    edited August 2012

hmmmm, glad that was only the 1 candle! lol!

Hate it when they stay at the back and never really get in to it :(

edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 11/8:
    Good luck DOHHHHH we need it with you and me weighting these gorses down. Just wish I had also taken the 7-2 last nght on the girls winning. 5-2 doesnt look so good now but I think they are a dead cert to win Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    well i  will take that back what a terrible ride that yank gave the horse in the first race. You cannot hang last by two legths and expect to win
  • bludreid11bludreid11 Member Posts: 490
    edited August 2012

i have a feeling that  ZERO MONEY @ 5/1 is good value.

your thoughts please
    edited August 2012
    Sorry I got only one Dohhh
    edited August 2012
    ughhhh u got 1??

I didn't watch the last as I only had doubles+ on! lol.

Congrats mate, I only lost £6, not £500 :P

Thanx for posting, keep trying!
    edited August 2012
    DOH, DOH

Always have singles and prefereably at least two or three times the stake of the multiples, then if you only get one winner you shouldnt make too much of a loss and hopefully a profit. 
    edited August 2012
    Hi all,

Continuing this although not having great returns.

iiii - Highland Colori - Doncaster 4-1 My 3 candle rating last week upped to four candles as now won 4 times and last week despite getting hampered at least twice. Still on Upgrade.

iii
    - Galacian - Newmarket 9-2 Mark Johnston must have been pulling his hair out at the ride this was given by the Ladies team in the S. Cup. He and I very hopeful he will get more help from the saddle this week.

ii - Masked Marvel Newbury 9/2 - I seem to have to have a Gosden runner in these ratings and Although this a good race 9-2 about the St Ledger winner seems to be a huge price.

i - Time Medician Newmarket Greys race 11-2- Winner of this last year and winner recently with form franked so got to go with this as my 1 candle rating.

Father V
  • UkjoeUkjoe Member Posts: 1,291
    edited August 2012
    Vaigret post me how you do ratings , and post winners, here or private or main
    edited August 2012
    They are just my fancies with a bit of info on why I have picked them. Nothing scientific, as you have probably worked out by now as I didnt get any placed this week. Mind you it seemed two were a bit unlucky.

Wondering whether I should continue with them as it not bringing me or anyone else any winners at the mo.

Father V
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited August 2012

Have had internet problems for a while vaigret, but like catching up on all your posts and all "fancy a bet" regulars....Keep posting your fork handles/four candles bets please.Cheers Dave.

edited August 2012
    will do Dave
    edited August 2012
    Well another good festival and £80 in Profit, perhaps I should keep quiet with my horses like I have the last 3 days but its gotta be done so here goes:

iiii - DIMENSION 9-2  2.00 YORK - Course and distance winner and has been backed. Can see it following up.
    NON RUNNER

iii - SIR GRAHAM WADE 8-1 - 2.30 York - 2 1/2 lengths behind Gospel Choir(4's) last time out at Haydock and now has a six pound pull . Will that be enough I ask myself but I just wonder if his exertions beating Edmaaj a couple of days beforehand meant he bounced against GC. Edmaaj franked Pontefract form last night at Hamilton at a very nice 8-1. Never looked happy and nowhere, perhaps my non runners will be my best horses

ii - SOHAR - 11-1 - 2.50 Newmarket - .NON RUNNERThis horse came second to one of my favourite horses John Louis last time out. I know John Louis lost in Sher gar Cup but ground all against him so dont count that into equation. The form of the Newmarket race is good , Local Hero has won since and this horse got squeezed two furlongs out and still put up a very good fight. ALSO THIS HORSE HAS BEEN ENTERED UP A LOT OVER LAST TWO WEEKS AND NON RUNNER FOR THREE RACES so I think they are waiting for a race they are pretty sure he can win. Having said that have a little saver on A Boy Named Suzi and if it wins get on MONTIVADO in the EBOR at 3.40 at York.

i - CAVALRYMAN 4-1= 3.05 York -Worried about 5/4 favourite from Ireland but this horse couldnt have done more winning by 41/2 lengths over 2m at Sandown last time. Think he is an improver and well worth a bet. Came on the scene all over the winner but finished fourth ??????.
    edited August 2012
    I didn't know I was so powerful, five minutes after posting details of A boy named suzie it is backed from 10-1 into 17-2
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited August 2012
    I was well impressed with A boy named Suzi last time out when it won at 4/1 and i still think there's more to come.Was also on and impressed with Gospel Choir last time out as i thought he was beaten early doors but just kept finding more when asked for more.I also saw Montivado winning after a gamble the other week and it looks a typical Sir Mark Prescott horse and will still be in front of the handicapper in my opinion.Those are my 3 for a round robin and singles tomorrow.
    edited August 2012
    You wont be too far away with those Dave
    edited August 2012
    Two of my latest ratings NON Runners, look out for them next time. Done a cuple of oithers as replacements.

Smarty Socks 2.00

Caravan Rolls ON 2.50
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 25/8:
    Two of my latest ratings NON Runners, look out for them next time. Done a cuple of oithers as replacements. Smarty Socks 2.00 Caravan Rolls ON 2.50
    Posted by vaigret
     Nice spot at 8-1 even if I say so myself.
    edited September 2012
    Going on Holiday for two weeks so you people will get a rest from my ratings.

Howver not yet as I have one last try to win the holiday money.

iiii - Indian Jack -6-1-4.00 Sandown- Been knocking on the door and 3rd to Trade Storm last time out and hopeful he will win this time. Never in it and never going to win.

iii - Barons Spy - 10-1 -5.10 Bath - Won this race last year off same weight and booking of James Doyle looks like a significant jockey booking. Lovely Jubbly 20-1 winner, there I was moaning that all my horses were going out and therefore had no chance and a winner comes at double the price I thought.

ii - Making Eyes - 12-1 -3.25 Sandown - Filly on the upgrade and has won well in this country and in France last time. Value at 12-1. went out to 25-1 which really said it all.

i - Cheviot -12-1 - 4.15 Beverley - the Beverley Bullet is a hot race and this horse has only won a conditions race over C/D. That was in May and strange to see a sprinter kept in its stable. Not to keep its handicap mark as this is a listed race but I just wonder whats going on so worth a punt. Had a good enough draw if goodenough. NOT and really glad BORDERLESCOTT won

Good luck , you'll need it backing those !!!!

Father V