You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited December 2014
    Bit busty today so only basic post.

iiii - 1.55 Chepstow -Karezak 3-1 -Course winner who King rates highly 2nd he stuffed Golden doyen but stuffed by ex French horsei

iii - 2.15 Kempton - Tales of Milan 5-1-Bottom weight who is still improving. Got caught out when they upped pace

ii- 2.35 Chepstow -Monbeg Dude 10-1 -  4th Ok more weight than when he won it but feeling he is improving. Very worried re Midnight Prayer NR and Rebeccas Choice though. Monbeg battled hard up straight and though he would get their for a mo

I- 1.25 Chepstow- Handsupfordetroit 14-1 -Local owners and likes course 2nd Ran a cracker and looked like winning but the jockey couldn't keep him together until he lost his whip and then horse came back at the line not quite get there.

Also fancy

King 4 fourfold
    Karezak,
    Chatez 3.25 Kempton 6-4
    Balder success 11-8 1.40 Kempton 2nd
    Uxizandre 1.20 Leopardstown 15-8 good start went out like a light

As well as
    2.50 Kempton Tempest River 13-2 Another 2nd
    3.10 Chepstow Ultragold 6-1 4th
    edited December 2014
    down to 56 points up
    edited January 2015
    Here's this weeks losers I mean ratings

iiii- 1.50 Sandown -Williams Wishes 10-3 - Has ran over hurdles and a trip to far so far this season and this should have brought him on to win this race again. He won it two years ago and has dropped in weights. When this horse fit he is near top class over 2m, trouble is he is a job to get/keep fit Never in the hunt

iii- 3.00 Sandown - Balgarry 6-1- Led for most of big handicap after a couple of years off but went out like a light when lack of run told. That should have brought him on nicely for this. 2nd , Tom thought he could take winner anytime he wanted but couldn't quite get to him at any stage

ii- 3.35 Sandown  - Unioniste - 7-2 - Has come down in weights after running on well to take 6th in big race last time. Should go very close in this if coming on for race. WON VERY NICELY

i  - 1.15 Sandown -Golanova - 9-1 -Think this might be a Moore dark horse. Didn't jump well enough and finished 4th

Also fancy

12.40 Runructionsrun 10-1 -Couldn't get into strong run race last time. LAST OUTCLASSED

Wincanton 
    2.05 Roberto Pegasus 7-1 NR
    2.40 Blue buttons 11-2 ALLELULIA!!!!!  LED FROM START TO FINISH WINNER. Brilliant plan from jockey/Trainer ran on inside which was supposed to be bad ground whilst rest went wide. however he was so inside he was running on fresh ground. Then as they came off bend switched to outside to get best ground on run in. Very clever.
    edited January 2015
    UP TO £56.50 up
    edited January 2015
    Very confident I have found some this week which is very worrying and I have a feeling I will land on my nose.

iiii - 3.35 Warwick -West End Rocker 11-1 - Won this four years ago with a tremendous jumping display and repeated that last time out in a veterans chase. Alan King reckons he is the best he has ever had him. Danger Rigadin debeaucherne Jumped poorly and lost ground at too many fences

iii- 2.25 Wrwick - Pheonix Returns 6-1- Ok this looks a tight race but the win of this horse last time out over a strongly run 3m 1 f race means this horse should see out the trip. Others might not and he beat a good yardstick in these distance races, Barafundle, easily last time. Went out like a light and Jonjo's horses have returned to form.

ii- 2.40 Kempton- Del Arca - 10-1- Last time in very high class over longer than he has ever won over. Time before that second to Coneygree who is now being talked about as a gold cup horse. Now one of my favourite trainers gets the winner without me on it, Tea for Two very very impressive. Dell Arca struggled on for 6thy or seventh.

I- 3.00 Warwick -Flintham 10-1 - Relative of Coneygree and mightily impressive last time out. 10-1 is all the value in this race. Backed but wore down and the Three Musketeers very impressive

also fancy

3.15 Kempton -Midnight Appeal 13-2 fell at first , done Ardkilly witness last twice4 and not today !!!!
    3.45 Dubawi Isalnd 5-1 having already been backed in from 7-1
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    edited January 2015
    Had a few quid on a few of your selections tomorrow, best of luck :)
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 10/1/2015:
    Had a few quid on a few of your selections tomorrow, best of luck :)
    Posted by goldnballz
    and you mate
    edited January 2015
    others Deputy Dan 1.55 Warwick 3-1 too many mistakes
    edited January 2015
    Had to be a bad day

backed Firth of clyde last twice and not today

Ardkilly witness backed last twice, not today
    Backed Balder Success last time not today
    edited January 2015
    down to 52.50 up
    edited January 2015
    Having terrible run and time to cut the cr ap. Just going to name the horses tomorrow and not try and find a reason why they will win LOL

iiii - 1.15 Ascot - Kings Lad 5-2 At last a winner and did it well and shows he can do it from front or back. good winner
    iii- 1.50 Ascot -Bitofapuzzle  4-1 perhaps I should cut the cr ap every week, another winner and I got lovely price. what a battler
    ii- 3.15 Haydock Toby Lerone 8-1 with small saver Hey Big Spender Toby coming back at line for 4th
    I - 3.35 Ascot - Niceonefrankie 9-2 nowhere with small saver on Cedre Bleu

Also fancy

2.25 Ascot Ravin Black 8-1 ran well for long way just didn't get home

2.00 Ling  History book 9-2 Winner
    edited January 2015
    iii- 2.25 Wrwick - Pheonix Returns 6-1- Ok this looks a tight race but the win of this horse last time out over a strongly run 3m 1 f race means this horse should see out the trip. Others might not and he beat a good yardstick in these distance races, Barafundle, easily last time. Went out like a light and Jonjo's horses have returned to form.

Did I do Barafundle this week, no, did it win? yes!!!!!! 
    edited January 2015
    nearly got a bonus with my each way bet on Bertimont. 2nd to The New one
    edited January 2015
    up to 57 points up
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/1/2015:
    Having terrible run and time to cut the cr ap. Just going to name the horses tomorrow and not try and find a reason why they will win LOL iiii - 1.15 Ascot - Kings Lad 5-2 At last a winner and did it well and shows he can do it from front or back. good winner iii- 1.50 Ascot -Bitofapuzzle  4-1 perhaps I should cut the cr ap every week, another winner and I got lovely price. what a battler ii- 3.15 Haydock Toby Lerone 8-1 with small saver Hey Big Spender Toby coming back at line for 4th I - 3.35 Ascot - Niceonefrankie 9-2 nowhere with small saver on Cedre Bleu Also fancy 2.25 Ascot Ravin Black 8-1 ran well for long way just didn't get home 2.00 Ling  History book 9-2 Winner
    Posted by vaigret

Great selections Terry, i was going to respond to the thread last night(fell asleep watching some rubbish on tv.) That i agreed with most of your picks and was going to add Barafundle after also backing it previously! Main bet hit or miss was early race Barafundle.Which then be a would free roll for other multiples.I had History Book/Barafundle/Bitofapuzzle/Kings lad and Baradari for small but successful 25p super yankee!!Cheers good thread, and i appreciate the effort you put into the updates and the other threads. 
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/1/2015:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/1/2015 : Great selections Terry, i was going to respond to the thread last night(fell asleep watching some rubbish on tv.) That i agreed with most of your picks and was going to add Barafundle after also backing it previously! Main bet hit or miss was early race Barafundle.Which then be a would free roll for other multiples.I had History Book/Barafundle/Bitofapuzzle/Kings lad and Baradari for small but successful 25p super yankee!!Cheers good thread, and i appreciate the effort you put into the updates and the other threads. 
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Well done mate, glad I was some use to someone for a change. good day all round and thanks for your kind comments
    edited January 2015
    it worked last week so here they are again without the cr ap

iiii - Del Arca 4.10 3 -1 Cheltenham -Already missed the 11-2 2nd

iii- Night in Milan 17-2 3.15 Don - Backed in from 10-1 and likes course .Grandads Horse as little saver but shouldn't have a chance with selection on weights 3rd

ii- Reve De Sivola 11-2 3.35 Chelt 2nd

I - Dynaste 2-1 1.50 chelt nowhere

also fancy

1.30 Don Sea Current 7-2 again made too many mistakes
    1.15 chelt Horatio hornblower  7-1 not good enough jumper at that pace
    2.25 Sew on Target 7-1 nowhere
    3.00 Native river 25-1 E/W nowhere
  • andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 24/1/2015:
    it worked last week so here they are again without the cr ap iiii - Del Arca 4.10 3 -1 Cheltenham -Already missed the 11-2 iii- Night in Milan 17-2  3.15 Don - Backed in from 10-1 and likes course .Grandads Horse as little saver but shouldn't have a chance with selection on weights ii- Reve De Sivola 11-2 3.35 Chelt I - Dynaste 2-1 1.50 chelt also fancy 1.30 Don Sea Current 7-2 1.15 chelt Horatio hornblower  7-1 2.25 Sew on Target 7-1 3.00 Native river 25-1 E/W
    Posted by vaigret
    killer miller in the last at navan for me father,went in the notebook after its 1st run,if fit must have a great chance
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 24/1/2015 : killer miller in the last at navan for me father,went in the notebook after its 1st run,if fit must have a great chance
    Posted by andybuck
    thanks mate
  • andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 24/1/2015 : thanks mate
    Posted by vaigret
    must have traded very low on bf a furlong out,,,don't no if it ran out of steam or ran on wrong side,looked certain to win