You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited October 2014
    thanks wynne,

I try and avoid him, his runners are usually underpriced
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited October 2014
    NICKY HENDERSON has lost one of his rising stars in Son Du Berlais, who was put down after irreparably slicing into a tendon at Chepstow on Saturday.
    edited October 2014
    he hasn't had much luck with his good horses over last two seasons. Shame
    edited November 2014
    Glad I was away last week as my fancies didn't do a thing. One good thing about no internet available it save me money !!!!

Lets hope we get back on track this week.

Selections_

iiii - La Banderilla 13-2 - 3.00 Donnie - Kept back for an end of season campaign and ran creditably in fourth behind Albashaarah on season debut. Hoping that brought her on for this. Nowhere

iii - Dungannon- 8-1 -2.25 Donnie -A friend of the ratings with two wins last two times and usually bags them in threes. Not 4 candle rating as I am afraid of Spinatrix and done SF as a saver. Well Spinatrix ran ok but Dungannon totally eased when chance gone. Aetna 's owner flew in from South Africa especially for this no surprise it won then !!! 

ii - Lulu The Zulu - 8-1  -1.50 Donnie - Ran superbly last time beating top notch tonto and other smart mudlarks. Trainer in good form and hoping she goes on and wins this. Ran a lovely race and at one time she looked like she was going to win then I saw Levitate cantering as well. 2nd

I- Opening Batsaman -14-1 -2.40 Wincanton- If Harry Fry has got this horse back to its best which he reckons he has , he is thrown in at the weights on his best form. Ran really well until 2nd last when he stopped dead. The Young Master is one to follow.

Other Fancies

3.35 Donnie - Don't like Spencer but I wonder if Elsworth has found him the horse to go out on a bang. Dashing Star 14-1.Also having small saver on Odeon in the hope his quirks have gone and he returns to his early season form. Dashing Star ran well in 3rd

2.05 Wincanton Polly Peachum 9-2 Never in danger and one to follow. 6-1 great price
    3.15 Wincanton -Bertimont 8-1 stole really slow run race at Chepstow and hope they under estimate him again. Would he have won if Irving hadn't of interfered with him? purple bay impressive but I'm disappointed. 2nd at wonderful 14-1. Would have had a win double PP and this ****

2.30 Sandown - Toby Lerone 10-1-Sharpened up over hurdles recently and bottom weight should help back over Fences. nowhere

3.05 Kashmir Peak 12-1 - hope he is back to his best. obviously back but not good enough to beat Exitas. 2nd

All the above look real value at the prices. Lets hope we get some in
  • MsBubbleMsBubble Member Posts: 502
    edited November 2014
    Been told sir walter scott 3.35 terry see what you think
    edited November 2014
    In Response to 3.35:
    Been told sir walter scott 3.35 terry see what you think
    Posted by MsBubble
    out of the two Cumani horses I would go for Mount Logan but good luck with the other
  • MsBubbleMsBubble Member Posts: 502
    edited November 2014
    gona  have to  little bet on it  just to see where it goes   may  put it in a double to ramp up the returns incase it wins lol
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited November 2014
    Good luck, I like 3 of yours!
    edited November 2014
    thnx mate and you too
    edited November 2014
    down to 66.5 points up
    edited November 2014
    lets see if we can stop 3 weeks losing run, certainly need to do better than yesterday.

iiii - 2.30 Cheltenham - Indian Castle 10-1 - this horse ran well last year ending up as favourite for the Foxhunters at the Festival. only finished 7th but made a mistake when challenging and that race is over 3 furlongs longer than this.  Will love the ground, looks well handicapped and if producing his beating of Annacotty over 2m 5f will take all the beating. flattered to deceive

iii - 3.00 Cheltenham - Katkeau 4-1 - Unfortuntaly I missed the 6-1 available earlier to day before the sharks got onto it. Missed the whole of last season and if still as good as year before should win this. WINNER AND 9-2 NICE PRICE

ii- 1.50 Cheltenham - The Druids Newphew - 5-1- Trainer and jockey teamed up to win big one last week only to lose race through wrong entry.  This should cheer them up. Ran well and another 2nd !!!

I- 2.00 Lingfield -Seeking Magic 12-1 - this horse didn't have as good a season as he should but ran some good races in defeat on ground he wouldn't have liked that much. Hoping the all weather gives him a new lease of life. Backed down to 9-2 but nowhere

Also fancy 

3.15 Wetherby Chat Room 6-1 back over hurdles and trainer on fire. well that messed up Ferguson's winning streak
    2.35 Energia Davos 7-1  last time out hated the ground, won well the race before. didn't get going until too late
    edited November 2014
    Am I PRICEWISE in disguise ?

see he has nicked three of my selections, watch the only one I hadn't picked

Kings Massini
    win
    edited November 2014
    cant understand how I got 22-1 Honey Pound

now I do
    edited November 2014
    At last a winner and I like this betting in running got 5-1 on What a Good Night
    edited November 2014
    up to 68 points up
    edited November 2014
    heres this week for the second bloo dy time. Sort this out Sky how can I be signed in for one post and not the next !!!!!!

iiii - 1.30 Ascot -Spartan angel 4-1 - Henderson should know what he has to beat through Polly Peachum form. Ran in snatches and just missed out on third. Dark Spirit won easily

iii - 1.15 Haydock -Morito Du Berlais 9-2 - Still near bottom weights and won last two. inconvenienced last but would never have won. 3rd

ii - 3.00 Haydock Menorah 8-1 - Beat all these on a flat left handed track so cant understand why he cant again. Ground is supposed to be problem but he has won on heavy and trainer and jockey going great guns. 8-1 value price. 2nd Thought I had it and might of done if he had looked for better ground earlier. Ran superbly though

I- 3.35 Ascot -Midnight appeal -13-2 already been nibbled at and if his jumping back to its best should go close. cantering all over them until bumped badly four out. 3rd

Also fancy
    2.25 Katkeau 6-1 if he doesn't bounce was doing well but tired at end. Thank goodness I had saver on Aubusson. It did get 3 miles which was my only doubt.
    3.15 Ascot 4-1 Uick Du Lin not good enough

1.50 at Haydock looking forward to so many old favourites The New One should account for Melodic Rendezvous, Hawk High and Williams Wishes though.  
  • andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited November 2014
    off to haddock tmoz father ,some cracking racing ,been raining all day there,just stopped now my mate tells me,,its going to be a real slog,i will be backing the mud larks tmoz
    edited November 2014
    had little savers

1.50 Hay Melodic Rendezvous 5-1 and a stupid forecast on that and hawk High Class told with The New One
    2.25 Hay Aubusson 12-1 Winner
    300 Hay Harry topper 11-1 last
    1.30 Ascot Gaye Memories 16-1 nowhere
    edited November 2014
    down to 64 up
    edited November 2014
    Great Race for the Hennessey tomorrow and I have got it down to five horses.

Heavy ground could be the key so I think you need a horse who can get 3m2f so Monbeg Dude 4th and Midnight Prayer both 22-1 must come into reckoning. also fancy Smad Place 7-1 and What a Warrior 22-1. Main one is The Druids Nephew 9-1. too many errors early then went out like a light two out

Ratings

iiii - 1.50 Newbury -Exitas 5-1 - I think they made a mistake with this one last time as because it liked heavy they took it round the heaviest part of the course and it lost out to the horses that went wider. Ground will still be to its liking and hopefully they will give it a fair chance this time. Completely gone now even though trainer reckons he is better than ever. Have worked out he doesn't like going left handed.

iii- 2.40 Newcastle - Victors Serenade - 9-2 -Ran really well last time beating Monbeg Dude and I reckon it will win again and boost Monbegs chance in the big race. Taken out of Hennessey to go for this Jumped terribly and my old favourite Hey Big Spender won again. da mn

ii - 12.50 Newbury- Tara Road 3-1-Not a great fan of this trainer but this horse has won its first two races very cosily and very hopeful. Didn't jump well early on and well beaten despite plugging on for 4th

I - 2.05 Newcastle -Aurore Destruval 4-1 - Price already been attacked and this horse couldn't have been more impressive last time. Trainer likes to win this race and taken out of good race last week. 2nd Ran well but Irving just too good and actually jumped this time.

Also fancy

1.20 Newbury Midnight appeal 5-1 nowhere
    3.35 Newbury Solar Impulse 11-4 2nd

1.05 Newcaste
    Native River SP   won easily at a terrific price 10-1 thank you very much andybuck. one to follow.