You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited October 2014
    thnx both
    edited October 2014
    Here we go again

iiii - Albashaarah 2.40 Newmarket - 5-1 - This trainer seems to have left this horse for an autumn campaign as it didn't run its first race until September. He got no run twice last time and still came second. Here's hoping he can go one better tomorrow. That's better, the form was there , the plan was there and she absolutely stuffed them.

iii - Order of St George -2.05 Newmarket - 3-1- Ok the names of horses from this outfit are always classy but you get the feeling that they only name the best horses with ones they really want to strike a chord. This horses name very impressive and so was the way he won last time, destroying a Leopardstown field. Not good enough, plugged on for fifth or sixth.

ii- Quick Jack- 3.50 Newmarket - 13-2 - Apparently this is going to be one of the best Irish hurdlers in training this season and had strong tip from Andybuck for this to take this race. Worried about re Big Easy so done a saver on that. Lets hopw Mr hughes gets it right. About time a well fancied horse won this race. Nearly got the forecast well done Big Easy

i- Epsom Hill- 3.10 Newmarket - 14-1 - Ran a great race in defeat last time and hoping he can go one better tomorrow at a nice price. Tried hard but not good enough.

a;lso fancy

Old favourites

2.20 York -soviet rock 11-2 nowhere
    3.35 York Mass Rally 15-2 Trainers other horse won well, Mass Rally never got into it

and 1.50 York Lily rules 10-1 this horse is nothing like she was and finished stone last.
    2.55 Mattmu 4-1 .On a roll another easy winner  
  • andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 11/10/2014:
    Here we go again iiii - Albashaarah 2.40 Newmarket - 5-1 - This trainer seems to have left this horse for an autumn campaign as it didn't run its first race until September. He got no run twice and still came second. Here's hoping he can go one better tomorrow. iii - Order of St George -2.05 Newmarket - 3-1- Ok the names of horses from this outfit are always classy but you get the feeling that they only name the best horses with ones they really want to strike a chord. This horses name very impressive and so was the way he won last time, destroying a Leopardstown field. ii- Quick Jack- 3.50 Newmarket - 13-2 - Apparently this is going to be one of the best Irish hurdlers in training this season and had strong tip from Andybuck for this to take this race. Worried about re Big Easy so done a saver on that. Lets hopw Mr hughes gets it right. About time a well fancied horse won this race. i- Epsom Hill- 3.10 Newmarket - 14-1 - Ran a great race in defeat last time and hoping he can go one better tomorrow at a nice price. a;lso fancy Old favourites 2.20 York -soviet rock 11-2 3.35 York Mass Rally 15-2   
    Posted by vaigret
    I agree r hughes could look like a master tmoz or a dummy my moneys on he is the ideal jockey this horse like ive said a few months ago this a horse im strongly interested in on both codes ,I love this type of horse flat and hurdles type that get plotted into races ,,miss united  quick jack clever cookie,what ever happens tmoz when this horse goes back to hurdles im investing,,
    edited October 2014
    up to 69.5 points profit

and 4-1 and 10-1 winner to join my ratings
    edited October 2014
    Cracking days racing even with the ones missing and I have a fancy lightly raced horses will come to fore.

Here goes

iiii - 3.05 Catterick - Free Zone 6-1 -Finished well last week 2nd to Arctic Feelin and should go one better from a low draw. The others might not even see where he went. oh dear low draw in soft is obviously bad at Catterick. What wins it other cowell runner. Twice happened to me this week !!!!!!

iii - 2.55 Ascot - Albasharah - 5-1 -Couldn't keep away from this lightly raced horse who did me a good turn last week. Slight worry re extra two furlongs and hope she doesn t bounce. extra two furlongs and ground too much

ii - 4.45 Ascot - Cornrow 12-1 - another lightly raced horse which I am drawn to because today he looks like he has a better one. Drawn wrong last two times especially in Cambridgeshire which he was leading at this distance, albeit on wrong side I reckon he could make amends today and reward trainers patience. Dangers Chatez and old fav Belgian Bill who has been threatening to win one of these if he gets a bit of luck. Draw looks against him though. Did well with draws to day LOL. Far Side walked it.

I - 2.35 Cheltenham -Workbench 6-1 - Trainer making a name for himself and this horse was winning well before he lost to Henryville. That horse was running all ver rivals yesterday until distance of race blunted him. I reckon that run boosted form of this horse which is fit unlike some of the others might not be in this race. Ran well for long time but then swamped. Well done John's spirit , he still progressive

Other fancies

3,45 Cheltenham Midnight appeal 16-1 blundered twice when well placed , nowhere

1.45 Ascot Whiplash Willie 9-1 4th wrong place for EW bet and had to come round wall of horses
    2.20 Ascot  -Intibaah 25-1 reckon last weeks race would have brought this lightly raced horse and lover of ground forward. Ran a great race at price finished in the heap for minor places.  Dangers Bacccarat 18-1 nowhere and G Force 7-2 nowhere. 
    3.30 Charm Spirit 10-3 5-1 lovely price and good winner although I thought Olivier might have let tullius bully him.
    4.05 Cirrus De'aigles 11-8 nowhere
    edited October 2014
    the 445 at ascot could be interesting with only a handful having soft ground form out of the 28 runners im trying a little ew on a massive price BOLD THADDY QUILL,pats mullen booked likes soft and at 40s paying 5 places small ew bet,it normally finishes its races off well but can get detatched so track might not suit but at 40s I will take a chance
    edited October 2014
    the ground is soft to heavy at ascot to the best of my knowledge
  • MsBubbleMsBubble Member Posts: 502
    edited October 2014
    it is just saying heavy  on p-p and g-g  which is why i  asked 
    edited October 2014
    down to 65.5 points up
    edited October 2014
    bad day allround it looked tricky and proved to be
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 18/10/2014:
    bad day allround it looked tricky and proved to be
    Posted by andybuck
    say that again mate and still we only lost out on Scoop6 placepot by one.
    edited October 2014
    its always **** tricky  lol well done on scoop  unlucky not to collect 
    edited October 2014
    ty , why don't you join us Ms Bubble
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited October 2014
    I predicted an awful day,but it turned out to be very dissappointing, I see Leading Light sustained a career ending injury, and surprised that the o'briens went home without a win!
    I had 20 bets and 4 winners,but still had a very bad day!

edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 18/10/2014:
    I predicted an awful day,but it turned out to be very dissappointing, I see Leading Light sustained a career ending injury, and surprised that the o'briens went home without a win! I had 20 bets and 4 winners,but still had a very bad day!
    Posted by wynne1938
    me too although luckily charm Spirit was one of by biggest bets so off laid all the losers to a certain degree.
    edited October 2014
    Maybe  one day  i dont really bet alot just if i really fancy something  which i have not done so well  recently lol
    edited October 2014
    Off we go again

iiii - Uxizandre - 3.00 Aintree -10-3 -One of the top novices of last season and in a recent interview Alan King was very bullish and advised he had improved. If as good as they say, well weighted to win this. no cheekpieces which he has needed to win in past, this was a run to bring him on for the Paddy Power

iii- Dungannon - 3.15 Doncaster-7-1 -Done us a good turn last time out when he won with something in hand. Usually when this horse wins he runs up  a sequence and hoping that is the case again. Danger is Counter Ridge NR. told you all you can set your watch by this horse, as soon as he wins he goes on a roll. Easy peasy

ii - Aubusson - Chepstow 4.10 - 9-1- This horse ran really well last season until found out in higher class. Loves what will be very testing ground and regular rider takes off seven pounds to add to the 5lb dropped by the handicapper for that higher class race. 2nd Would have won without mistake at last.

I- Morache Music -Doncaster 5.00 - 10-1 - NR Course and distance winner earlier in the season and hopeful he will be back there again. Highland Colori a saver -last
    Also fancy

2.00 Hawk High 10-1 better 12-1 Winner and what a price for top class Cheltenham winner.
    2.30 Aintree -Roberto Pegasus 10-3 drifted and not good enough.
    3.40 Ain Burton Port 10-3 went out like a light

2.10 Doncaster -Growl 4-1 not good enough, going well then went out like a light when asked.
    2.40 Doncaster -Dashing Star 6-1 battled really well for 2nd
    3.50 Doncaster - Elm Park 15-8 2-1 nice price again Easy winner is going to be one to follow for classics next year. Looks Derby rather than guineas material.

2.20 Sky hunter 7-2 Another winner and another nice price easily
    3.30 Newbury - Burano 7-1 Another one Like shelling peas
    edited October 2014
    Good Luck!
    edited October 2014
    back to 70.5 points up
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 25/10/2014:
    Off we go again iiii - Uxizandre - 3.00 Aintree -10-3 -One of the top novices of last season and in a recent interview Alan King was very bullish and advised he had improved. If as good as they say, well weighted to win this. no cheekpieces which he has needed to win in past, this was a run to bring him on for the Paddy Power iii- Dungannon - 3.15 Doncaster-7-1 -Done us a good turn last time out when he won with something in hand. Usually when this horse wins he runs up  a sequence and hoping that is the case again. Danger is Counter Ridge NR . told you all you can set your watch by this horse, as soon as he wins he goes on a roll. Easy peasy ii - Aubusson - Chepstow 4.10 - 9-1- This horse ran really well last season until found out in higher class. Loves what will be very testing ground and regular rider takes off seven pounds to add to the 5lb dropped by the handicapper for that higher class race.  2nd Would have won without mistake at last. I- Morache Music -Doncaster 5.00 - 10-1 - NR  Course and distance winner earlier in the season and hopeful he will be back there again. Highland Colori a saver - last Also fancy 2.00 Hawk High 10-1 better 12-1 Winner and what a price for top class Cheltenham winner. 2.30 Aintree -Roberto Pegasus 10-3 drifted and not good enough. 3.40 Ain Burton Port 10-3 went out like a light 2.10 Doncaster -Growl 4-1  not good enough, going well then went out like a light when asked. 2.40 Doncaster -Dashing Star 6-1 battled really well for 2nd 3.50 Doncaster - Elm Park 15-8 2-1 nice price again Easy winner is going to be one to follow for classics next year. Looks Derby rather than guineas material. 2.20 Sky hunter 7-2 Another winner and another nice price easily 3.30 Newbury - Burano 7-1 Another one Like shelling peas
    Posted by vaigret
    Well done Terry,a few nice winners in there.
    Old A.McCoy lost me a few bob today!