You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited July 2020
    Some terrific competitive racing today and really hard to choose and what do I do , mostly avoid the two big meetings for my ratings . LOL . But as you will see I fancy so many in the big races it was too hard to narrow down to a single selection in each race.

iiii - NEWCASTLE - 7.00- MAGICAL SPIRIT - 9/2- Let me down two weeks ago but missed the break over 5f and then eased late on when chance gone. Back to 6f which will suit a lot better. LOST
    Now watch old favourite STAXTON also given two weeks ago upset the applecart. LOST

iii - SALISBURY - 4.35 - FASHIONESQUE- 4-1 -Another that missed the break but then had to come round the whole field too win very cosily. LOST never in it

ii - ASCOT - 3.50 - JUSTANOTHERBOTTLE- 9-1- Other run on this course he was unlucky to be drawn on wrong side when he "won" his race easily. Hopefully if the draw is like the royal meeting he has the right side this time to earn his just rewards. WITHDRAWN NR
    Dangers-NATIONAL ANTHEM 14-1 GOING SUPERBLY and would have probably won it until breaking his leg whilst in lead. Real shame
    and VENTUROUS 14-1 LOST

i- NEWMARKET- 4.10- SIR BUSKER- 12-1 - In terrific form and so is his trainer and hopeful he can win over this shorter distance like he did at the Royal meeting over mile. 2ND Would have won if he could run straight, ran against whip for last two furlongs. Didnt want to be on the wing
    DANGER- TOMFRE - 12-1 LOST

OTHER FANCIES

NEWMARKET

12.10: FUTURE INVESTMENT 4-1 3rd
    12.45: ENVEGA 10-1 LOST
    1.15: HELVEZIA 20-1 LOST
    1.50: FINEST SOUND 15/8 3RD
    2.25: NASAIYM 12-1 LAST
    3.00: KING ZAIN 8-1 LOST AND MASTER OF THE SEAS 11/2 WINNER
    3.35: HELLO YOUMZAIN 9/2 LOST AND OXTED 14-1 WINNER Brilliant

ASCOT

2.05: DECLARED INTEREST 5-1 LOST
    3.15: MARIES DIAMOND 8-1 LOST AND URBAN ICON 33-1 4TH

THATS IT FOLKS
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Nice results.
    National Anthem breaking down lost me a little fortune.
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Nice results.
    National Anthem breaking down lost me a little fortune.

YES VERY SAD IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE
  • Options
    Second week running that a NR has saved me from a total whitewash on my ratings. Down to 160 points up
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I might as well boast on here as well after two weeks of no ratings winners. On Tikays comp where you have to pick two horses every day over the last four Horse Racing weeks I am £114.87 for £1 level stakeup with 40-1 winner, 33-1 winner, 28 -1 winner,16-1 winner
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Well after two losing weeks see if I can get the ratings back on track.

iiii- NEWBURY 4.00- JUDICIAL 11-2- Sprinter in good form this season and hoping he can come late and fast to bag another win. 4th looked good for a long way but not good enough in this.

iii - YORK -3.05- QUE AMORO - 10/3 - Another smart sprinter who won easily last time and hoping the fillies allowance sees her get one over on the boys. 3RD seemed to be a bit hassled having winner next to her, but would have lost anyway

ii- BATH -8.05- SEARCHING - 4-1 - Strange to go for a top weight who has only won once on the flat in 21 outings, however his trainer in good form amd this horse won over hurdles a few days ago. also well handicapped on old form. NON RUNNER

i- YORK -2.30- DARK JEDI 16-1 - The John Smiths a difficult race to win but this horse at bottom of handicap won well last time and deserves his chance. 4TH struggled for a run a couple of occassions, ran well
    DANGER DESERT ICON 12-1 LOST wrong Haggas horse but had a little saver on SINJAARI AT 12/1 LATE ON

OTHER FANCIES

YORK

3.40 - WHERES JEFF 10-1 LOST AND MAYFAIR SPIRIT 9/1 NR
    4.10 OWNEY MADDED 13/2 4TH and ROYAL PROSPECT 20-1 LOST

NEWBURY

2.15 METHOD 10-11 WINNER easily

HAYDOCK

4.50- DIENONCHUS 5-1 LOST AND BRUTALAB 9-1 LOST

7.55- STREAK LIGHTNING 4-1 LOST AND HORTZADAR 7-1 LOST
  • Options
    Good luck.
    By the look of the cards,you and me will need it
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    morning terry in the john smiths have a look at euchen glen won the race 2 years ago,two runs since being injured full of promise last run over 1mile 4f cruised to the front eased as soon as headed goldie a shrewd cookie I think this has been the plan for a while.
    sky bet 6places 25/1 worth a go gl
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

morning terry in the john smiths have a look at euchen glen won the race 2 years ago,two runs since being injured full of promise last run over 1mile 4f cruised to the front eased as soon as headed goldie a shrewd cookie I think this has been the plan for a while.
    sky bet 6places 25/1 worth a go gl

Yes thanks mate, Matt chapmans tip as well. Goldie did it earlier in week with Oriental Lilly and wouldnt be surprised. Ill have a littyle dabble.

• Options
    wynne1938 said:

Good luck.
    By the look of the cards,you and me will need it

just a bit mate
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    didn't think paul would try to make all the running on it still held on for 6th so paid
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

didn't think paul would try to make all the running on it still held on for 6th so paid

well done , i didnt collect due to not using Skybet but collected on SINJAARI and DARK JEDI SO profitable
  • Options
    YOU COULDNT WRITE THE SCRIPT, THE THIRD WEEK WITH THREE LOSERS ANDA NON RUNNER !!!!

dOWN TO 157 POINTS UP

NEED A KICK UP THE PROVERBIAL
  • Options
    Looking forward to tomorrow,cannot do any worse than today.Good luck
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    COME ON TERRY , you have to do better.

iiii- YORK 1.30 - PROUD ARCHI - 7-1 - Ran two good races and very unlucky not to get any kind of run last time finishing 3rd. Hope its his day today. LOST
    DANGER-ULSHAW BRIDGE 9-1 LOST

iii- DONCASTER 5.30 - NAPPING - 11/2- Nothing unlucky about this horse with one of my favourite trainers as he has won last two in tremendous fashion. Up in class to day but should handle it. 5th Stuck out in middle ran ok but never going to win

ii- YORK 2.40 - ELARQAM - 9/4- One of the most exasperating horses in training running good races and looking like he is going to be a world beater and then finding another horse to beat him. Lord North the last. Won this race last year and hoping for a repeat. LOST Retirement beckons, he will never win a Group One and that was reason to keep him going. Nothing like horse he was.

i- YORK 2.05 - AWARD SCHEME - 5/2 - Haggas at York did me well last week and this horse looked good last time and should go on again. WINNER Easily and backed down to 11/8

OTHER FANCIES

YORK

3.15 - ELWAZIR 7-1 LOST
    3.50 - ROUND THE ISLAND 12-1 LOST

NEWMARKET

1.05- PROGRESSIVE RATING 4-1 4TH AND BROUGHTONS GOLD 6-1 NON RUNNER

ASCOT

2.25 - ESHAASY 8-1 LOST
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK. I ONLY HAVE 1 OF YOURS?????????????
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

GOOD LUCK. I ONLY HAVE 1 OF YOURS?????????????

you should have a good day then mate LOL
  • Options
    DOWN TO 156 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Having a nightmare run at moment and the nearest I have come is Five Seconds in the past week all beaten by a short head or less, one of them would have been nice especially as all of them at nice prices. Oh well head up Terry.

GOODWOOD has been so bad most of my ratings are from headquarters.

iiii- NEWMARKET - 2.05- SHES SO NICE- 9/4 - Into a nursery after a lovely win over C/D where she beat Goodwood winner this week MISS JINGLES LOST backed down got unbalanced and well beaten

iii- NEWMARKET - 12.20 - DANILOVA - 7/4 - Last week she was second in a Godolphin benefit race and after fluffing start was never really got at for the whole race , should be easier today.WINNER NICELY and backed down to 4/6 so nice price .

ii- NEWMARKET - 2.40 - BASHIR - 9/4 - Won nicely last time and makes handicap debut and should have enough to win this. LOST never turned up

i- GOODWOOD - 3.35- CHAIRMANOFTHEBOARD - 25-1 - The hail mary but won a good distance handicap at Newmarket last time and is a course and distance winner. 5TH at 33-1 best of those up middle and paid the place.
    Dangers MERAAS 13/2 LOST AND HEY JONESY 20-1 LOST

OTHER RACES

GOODWOOD

1.50: REWAAYAT 7-2 4th
    2.25: INDIANAPOLIS 12-1 3rd AND MORDRED 11-1 LOST
    3.00: ENBIHAAR 8-15 WINNER
    4.10:TOMFRE 8-1 LOST
    4.40: FOREVER FORWARD 11-2 NR
    5.10 HATS OFF TO LARRY 10-1

NEWMARKET

3.15 EXPRESSIONISM 4-1 2ND

• Options
    My sentiments as well.
    I have never had as bad a week for a long time.
    Good luck today.