You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Good luck
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,303
    up to 120 points up
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Here we go again, cant promise to give you as much info as Misterpj but here goes.

iiii- ASCOT 4.10- SHANROE SANTOS- 22-1 - Grand old campaigner who has been running in some good chases. Back to hurdles for the first time since 2015 and on a much lower mark here. Jockey of the season on board and trainer not doing too badly. Just hope it isnt a run to get its confidence back after a fall in headgear last time. nearly LAST obviously just a race to try and get his confidence back

iii - LINGFIELD 12.50 - HEADLEY GEORGE 10-1 - Regular readers will realise I have a grandson called George and therefore tips for George horses normally come with a health warning. However this horse getting better, second last time and doesnt mind this course.Callum Sheppard goig well on AW. 2ND, Getting fed up with these, came late just couldnt get up to beat 33-1 shot.

ii- NEWCASTLE 7.00- STAR CRACKER - 5-1 - Regular C/D winner who ran well last time after a layoff, should strip fitter here. LOST

i- HAYDOCK 2.40- ACHILLE- 15/2- Ran well here for second after lengthy layoff last time. 2nd at 11-1 just didnt get up and surprise surprise should have had forecast as had done LORD DU MESNIL LAST TWICE ARGGGH

OTHER FANCIES

WINCANTON

3.58 -BUCKHORN GEORGE 11/2 5th
    5.08 - FREDDIE DARLING 14-1 NON RUNNER

ASCOT

2.25 - CLOUDY GLEN 12-1 UNSEATED RIDER AND REGAL ENCORE 11/1 2ND 12-1 beaten short head after being interfered with by my other horse five fences out and finished like a train ARGGGGGHHHHHH
    3.00 - ARRIVERDERCI 6-1 3rd Should stop moaning about 2nds if this boy had finished 2nd would have had the forecast LOL AND MALAYA 11-1 LOST

HAYDOCK

2.05- LISNAGAR OSCAR 9-1 2ND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEWCASTLE

6.30- MOLLYS BROTHER 14-1 LOST
  • Options
    GOODLUCK
  • Options
    DOWN TO 116 POINTS UP

**** THOSE SECONDS, getting a habit
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bit worried this week as gone a bit conservative and included two George's but think they have good chances on form alone. We'll see.

iiii- NEWCASTLE 3.50- FRANSHAM - 11/4- Two good wins and then 3rd to Millers Bank in good race at Sandown. Should be back in winners enclosure today. 2ND As I said this getting beyond a joke, travelling well and then got pipped at post!!!!!!!

iii - CHELMSFORD 8.30- HEADLEY GEORGE - 2-1- Ran well over C/D and then unlucky last week at Lingfield. Compensation awaits. SURPRISE SURPRISE Another 2ND

ii- NEWCASTLE 4.25- CLAN LEGEND - 7/2- Old in the tooth but ran a cracker behind ALNADIM at Sandown. 3rd Ran a cracker but ran out of it by closers late on.

i- CHELMSFORD 6.30 - EXCELLENT GEORGE - 5/2 - Likes this place and dropped two grades to win what should be a doddle for him on best form. 3RD AT 8-1

OTHER FANCIES

KEMPTON

3.35 - CAP DU NORD 6-1 5TH
    DOUBLE SHUFFLE 12-1 LOST
    CLONDAW CASTLE 10-1 WINNER nicely

LINGFIELD
    3.10 - NIGHT BEAR 15-2 LOST

NEWCASTLE

3.15 - CYCLOP 10-1 LOST
    CROSSPARK 6-1 LOST
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    DOWN TO 112 POINTS UP
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    vaigret said:

Bit worried this week as gone a bit conservative and included two George's but think they have good chances on form alone. We'll see.

You should have done two of Tom GEORGE's ......

CLONDAW CASTLE that you picked

and HOOLIGAN ....How Sean Bowen got that up is beyond me. Still the most under-rated jockey in the weighing room imo. I backed FRANSHAM too :/:'(

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

You should have done two of Tom GEORGE's ......

CLONDAW CASTLE that you picked

and HOOLIGAN ....How Sean Bowen got that up is beyond me. Still the most under-rated jockey in the weighing room imo. I backed FRANSHAM too :/:'(

I dont know how either wrongly counting my winnings and thought Fransham was nailed on.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Will stop moaning about seconds and hope that breaks the spell.

iiii- KELSO 2.05- TORN AND FRAYED - 5-1- Nigel twiston-Davies has been going through a bad patch but has had a couple of winners recently including this one six days ago and I hope he follows up. Very impressive and should be able to cope with penalty. 2nd backed down to fav but ran out of it easily in the end LOL 2nd 2nd 2nd

iii- DONCASTER 2.20 - GO MILLIE GO- 9-2 - Bidding for a hat trick after two impressive wins the last going away strongly to win by 5 lengths. Trainer had a good winner last saturday. 2nd for the four fold of seconds and beaten by 40-1 shot , ran really well and what can you say

ii- NEWBURY 1.50 - KILLER CLOWN - 5-1 - Walloped Falco blitz last time and hopeful he can also beat the handicapper. 2ND came for the leader but Umbrigado flew past him and the near miss story continues.

i- NEWBURY 12-40 - EATON HILL - 6-1 - Good winner last time before jockey weighed in light, hopeful he gets compensation today. 2nd Well I havent broke the spell have I , luckily just before the off I backed the winner, would have been nicer to have had forecast !!!!!!

OTHER FANCIES

LINGFIELD

1.25- BLUE DE VEGA 10-3 LOST

KELSO

1.30 -MY DROGO 6/4 WINNER very easily and what a price at 2-1
    3.15 - CHRISTOPHER WOOD 12-1 LOST AND TOMMYS OSCAR 9-1 LOST

NEWBURY

1.15 PRESENT MAN 4-1 LOST
    2.30 TEGEREK 6-1 LOST

DONCASTER
    2.55 GETAWAY TRUMP 7/2 WINNER AT 11/2 HARD HELD and what a price
    3.30 CANELO 7/4 LOST
  • Options
    Good luck.
    I had 5/6 in my Heinz today
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Seconditis!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    DOWN TO 108 POINTS UP

Oh dear oh dear, hoping that not talking about my run of seconds didnt work as I( actually got the Fourfold of them today. Luckily not all bad as my Trebles and Accumalator were EW. Still galling and when your iiii horse canes everything other than a 40-1 shot you know your luck is not in.

Onwards and upwards
  • Options

Seconditis!

@goldnballz , you can say that again thats a month of them now. Suppose I should thank my "lucky" stars they are not worse but is getting boring!!!!
  • Options
    @MISTY4ME Hi mate did you have MILLERS BANK or did you miss it as well, beat FRANSHAM last time. at least i had it in my placepot which came up at Newbury for a £65 profit
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited March 2021
    vaigret said:

@MISTY4ME Hi mate did you have MILLERS BANK or did you miss it as well, beat FRANSHAM last time. at least i had it in my placepot which came up at Newbury for a £65 profit

Missed it as well, had DINO'S VELVET e/w..... Double SIGH :(:/

I knew I'd heard of it from somewhere......didn't study hard enough, but made a small profit on the day with MY DROGO from my own Horses to Follow List :)

Nice one getting Placepot up ;)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

Missed it as well, had DINO'S VELVET e/w..... Double SIGH :(:/

I knew I'd heard of it from somewhere......didn't study hard enough, but made a small profit on the day with MY DROGO from my own Horses to Follow List :)

Nice one getting Placepot up ;)
    thanks and I had My Drogo as well, nice that others keep undeestimating it
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Well this is the calm before the FESTIVAL storm and it would be nice to get some winners to fill the bank vaults ready for it.

iiii- CHELMSFORD 5.20- POETS EYE - 9/4- Good new trainer and if he has anything about him this horse will win. Talk about a soft introduction, tendily handled at the back over a mile he than ran on from nowhere to get second under hands and heels. Step up in trip should also help. LOST oh dear

iii- WOLVERHAMPTON 2.05 - SHIMMERING DAWN 10-1- Lowest rated in field against a few tough opponents but won well last time and should come on and might surprise a few. LOST completely out of her class

ii- SANDOWN 1.50 - SAM BARTON 10-1 - Rode with supreme confidence last time and wasnt hit until the second got close and he soon went away again. Hoping he can follow up. 4th Ridden with confidence but didnt get up hill. **** non runners!!!!
    DANGER -SOMETIMES ALWAYS 16-1 LOST pulled too hard all race

I- SANDOWN 2.25- FRANSHAM 20-1 - Got to stick with this one came to my notice with a good 3rd behind MILLERS BANK who came out last week and destroyed a good field. In between FRANSHAM looked all over winner until mugged by HOOLIGAN. Hoping he gets compensation today. LOST, again ridden tendily but found nothing

OBVIOUS DANGER NATURAL HISTORY 7-2 LOST glad I got on LANGER DAN 5-1 late on and if it gets a run at CHELTENHAM has great chance of bonus, hard held.

OTHER FANCIES

WOLVERHAMPTON

2.40 MILLTOWN STAR 12-1 LOST and BORN TO BE ALIVE 6/1 WINNER very nicely

SANDOWN

3.00 - MARSHMALLO 33-1 LOST and PRECIOUS 16-1 LOST
    3.35 - NO GETAWAY 5-1 AND HIGH UP IN THE AIR 7/1
    4.10 -BROUGHTBEFORELUNCH 7-1 NR

• Options
    Good luck