You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited May 2022
    Had a nice little touch today Friday so gave me a bit more confidence for tomorrow.Also the extra money means I have gone a bit mad tomoz but a lot of good races all over the country to have a go at.

iiii - GOODWOOD 1.45 - RIVER PRIDE - 15/2- Dont like it when a trainer has 3 in a race but think this is the best of Hannons three. Last time wasnt given a hard time late on after it was obvious my four candle rating HARRY THREE would win. LOST never in it.
    DANGERS- WONDERFUL WORLD 12-1 LOST AND WAR IN HEAVEN 9/1 LOST, not so good when you pick 3 and none of them get placed!!!!

iii- YORK 2.55 - JAWWAAL -8/1- Broke at back last week and tanking through race only to not get a clear passage and winner had gone so brought home in own time. Form needs upgrading .
    LOST jockey moved it into trouble 3 times and stumbled badly once, even worse!!!! Marjory, owner of winner is my mate's fairy godmother, she is 85 and hardly ever goes racing these days, was there today and he advised me to do this am and I bloodty forgot

ii- YORK 3.30- SILENCE PLEASE - 7/2 - Another who had a terrible run last time getting almost brought down 2f out. Headgear back on for today. LOST flattered to deceive

i- YORK 5-15 - MYKONOS ST JOHN - 12-1 - Raced away from the others which made it difficult to guage and didnt have horses to run against. Took the lead half a furlong out and nutted on line. Deserves better today. 3rd just couldnt do it

OTHER FANCIES

GOODWOOD

2.15- VICTORY CHIME 13/2 LOST
    2.50- SECRET SHADOW 11/2 3RD looked like winning but taken by two late on AND DANCING HARRY 12-1 LOST tried to lead all way

HAYDOCK

1.25- SONGO 11/4 3RD AND BALTIC BARON 40-1 LOST
    2.00- JUST HUBERT 8/1 LOST AND VALLEY FORGE 5-1 WINNER despite having trouble MERVEILLO 28-1 LOST
    2.35- TOLLARD ROYAL 12/1 LOST AND WHOPUTFIFTYINTHAT 9/1 WINNER , AT BACK , STUMBLED AND STILL WON NICELY
    3.10 - GO BEARS GO 5/2 4th left a bit at start, always struggling to get up AND EL CABALLO 3-1 WINNER 7/2 battled superbly
    3.45- KINGS LYNN 6/1 WINNER from off the wings, ProberT treble, pity I put them in different multiples AND LAST CRUSADER 8/1 LOST
    4.55 -ASAD 9/2

YORK
    1.40- NORTHERN EXPRESS 6/1 LOST AND OH DE LALLY 3/1 2ND mugged on line
    4.42 - YELLOW BEAR 18-1 LOST AND EXMINSTER 11/1 WINNER headed by favourite but battled back superbly to win

MUSSELBURGH
    3.38- TOMMY G 20-1 WINNER great ride from back

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    Six winners , pity none of them were in my ratings and nearly got a 1200-1 treble . Just shows not only do you need to pick winners you need to put them in the right places. Made a nice profit overall but so close.

Down to 64 points up
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Well continued having a good week but canT do anything on the ratings time to change that LOL

iiii- HAYDOCK 2.20- CONTACT 7/2 - Very impressive last time and should defy 5lb penalty WINNER just how I imagined in my dream , did it nicely.

iii- HAYDOCK -3.30 - HAPPY POWER - 5/1 -Another who won by over 2 lengths and should go in again LOST soon ducked out

ii- BEVERLEY 5.00- BILLY MCGARRY -3/1- Named after old Ipswich Manager and hopes he does me another favour. LOST

i- HAYDOCK 1.45- RAASEL -8/1- Best Clarendon House and only lost as Fine Wine had gone by the time he had reacted next time, hoping he confirms places with the former. WINNER laid up easily and then burst past them won very nicely

OTHER FANCIES

2.55-- NELL QUICKLY 7/1 3rd at 15/2 good effort but not quite good enough in this company
    4.05 - ALREHB 7/1 LOST AND SILVER SAMURAI 10-1 WINNER and a nice double up thanks to horse who sprinted away to put race to bed easily

BEVERLEY

2.05 - PARR FIRE 9/2 LOST
    2.40 - PERCYS LAD 11/4 2ND now I know them
    3.15-ROGUE SPIRIT 11/2 2nd JACK MITCHELL stops riding again with race won !!!!

CATTERICK

3.39- CROCODILE POWER 6/1 LOST

CHESTER

3.45- MYKONOS ST JOHN for old times sake !!! 2nd nicked by Boardman on line
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    UP TO 74 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Apart from the derby meeting racing is poor and the authorities have got to do something, too many meetings and too small fields. anyway rant over and here are the ratings.

iiii - EPSOM 3.45: - FINE WINE 7/1 - Like a greyhound out of the traps last time and the other horses didnt see which way he went , placed horses including RAASEL last week have franked form. Very hopeful he will follow up. LOST never in it
    DANGER- STONE OF DESTINY 7-1 LOST

iii - EPSOM 2.00 - MR BIG STUFF 4/1- 5TH In tough London Cup despite being stopped in his run numerous times, with a bit more luck he should win today . LOST looked dangerous but fizzled out.

ii -EPSOM 2.35- TECHNIQUE 7/1- Has been running at a mile and just getting touched off, drop to 7f should see her inbetter light and stop her and my run of seconds. LOST 2nd last never in it
    DANGER - MAJESTIC GLORY 11/1 LOST

I -EPSOM 5.50 - RAYONG 16/1 -Another not running over his optimum distance but this quick track should see him not too worried not 5f. Also he beat FINE WINE over 5f first time out on the much tougher and also left handed Pontefract.
    DANGER ;COMMANCHE FALLS 13/2

OTHER FANCIES

EPSOM
    3.10 MUTASAABAQ 9/4 LOST
    4.30 CHANGING OF THE GUARD 8/1 LOST
    5.15: MASCAT 7/1 LOST AND WINTER REPRISE 11/1 LOST

CHEPSTOW
    8.35- BOY GEORGE 4/1 WINNER 7/1 LED ALL THE WAY despite drifting in betting

• Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    DOWN TO 70 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I knew I was right re NORTHERN EXPRESS and he bolted up today at 6/1 and will follow it up with luck in running also had it with old favourite GALE FORCE MAYA 10-1 for another nice Friday touch, lets hope these do as well:-

iiii - YORK 3.40 - INGRA TOR -4/1 - Been waiting ages for this one as others he slaughtered have franked the form of his easy Newmarket win last time. LOST slammed HARRY THREE last time who I followed because of that form , really upset the form. It happens and I remember something similar happened to me last year.

iii- YORK -2.35 - BOARDMAN - 5/2 -Been beating my other fancies all year and should go in again. LOST never got into it on his highest ever mark .

ii - SANDOWN 3.25- FANTASY MASTER - 6/1 - Blew the start last time and still finished well to take 3rd behind TEES SPIRIT who won the dash last week and he has also been dropped two pounds, hoping Daryl Holland gets a good Saturday winner. NON RUNNER

i- YORK 2.00 - DASH OF SPICE - 14/1 - Royal Ascot winner who has been falling down handicap and was given a pipe opener over hurdles last week . Hoping that has brought him on and he can find his old form. LOST just plodded on one pace the whole race
    DANGER - KINGSOFTHEMIDLANDS 9/2 LOST went too quickly early

OTHER FANCIES

CHESTER

1.35 - JMJUNGLE 15/8 LOST
    2.10 - MILITIA 7/2 LOST hare for the hounds and faded
    3.20 - OUTGATE 9/2 WINNER VERY NICELY
    3.55- SPIRIT MIXER 3/1 LOST

SANDOWN

1.40 - VEE SIGHT 3/1 WINNER looks well handicapped AND MAPLEWOOD 4/1 LAST after getting baulked
    2.15 - EMPIRESTATEOFMIND 7/1 LOST AND SHEER ROCKS 9/1 LOST
    2.50 -LIVE IN THE DREAM 4/1 2ND again although today better than most of my ratings

YORK

3.05- KEMARI 5/2 LOST
    4.50- HARSWELL DUKE 7/1 LOST
    5.22-GINGER JAM 12/1 LOST

HEXHAM

3.10- BIG BAD BEAR 7/2 LOST
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    down to 67 points up
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    CAN'T BELEIVE I HAVE HAD THREE WINNING DAYS OUT OF FOUR AT ROYAL ASCOT so hoping to bring that form to saturday. However going away from royal meeting for first two.

iiii - REDCAR 3.22- SCOTTISH SUMMIT - 4/1 - Trip a bit too far last time after a cosy win and good second to FARRH TOO SHY at this trip the two times before. Likes track. LOST

iii - AYR 3.34- TENAYA CANYON - 9/2 - RAASEL smashed her last time but he on up and she has been in listed races. Back down in class and her Newmarket 2nd with FLOTUS, UMM KHUTUM AND GALE FORCE MAYA IN field looks good. 2ND nutted on the line after mine just went off a straight line and jockey thought he had won and so did commentator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DANGER - MID WINSTER 10-1 NON RUNNER

ii- ASCOT 5.00 - SILVER SAMURAI - 10-1 - Has looked a sprinter on up last two outings and though upped in class this stiff course wont worry him as he has won over a mile. LOST THINK i GOT DRAW BIAS WRONG changed from rest of week
    DANGER - BLACKROD 9/1 7th
    E/W SAVERS- CHAIRMANOFTHEBOARD 20/1 LOST AND GULLIVER 25/1 LOST

I - ASCOT 5.35 - ALDOUS HUXLEY 9/1- 2ND behind LIONEL last time and he could turn into Leger horse and this shorter trip will play to his strengths . Wouldnt be surprised he led all the way under good claimer. NON RUNNER
    E/W SAVERS- KNIGHTSWOOD 18/1 LOST AND TOLLARD ROYAL 28/1 LOST

OTHER FANCIES

ASCOT

2.30 - ALFRED MUNNINGS EVENS LOST but got 100-1 winner HOLLOWAY BOY
    3.05- NOBLE TRUTH 4/1 WINNER battled on superbly AND ALFLAILA 9/1 LOST
    3.40- HURRICANE LANE 4/6 LOST AND AWAY HE GOES 50-1 LAST
    4.20 - HOME AFFAIRS 2/1 LOST E/W SAVERS - MINZAAL 14/1 LOST , CAMPANELLE 11/1 3RD HIGHFIELD PRINCESS 14/1 6TH AND UMM KHUTUM 50/1 LOST
    6.10 - NATE THE GREAT 12/1 LOST AND TIMOUR 22/1 5TH

LINGFIELD

8.00 NIGHT BEAR 18/1

• Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    sorry didnt tell but heard 11.30am that HOLLOWAY BOY had been taken for secret gallops and to back him ew at £100-1
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Very well done Mr Vaigret
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    DONE TO 64 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Trying to get back into winners enclosure today so here goes

iiii - NEWMARKET 2.05- MINNETONKA 2-1 - Looked very impressive last time and shouldnt have to improve much to win this. Could be exciting going forward. LOST oh dear again ridden like a winner but completely outpaced at end.

iii - NEWCASTLE 5.13- WINTER REPRISE - 5/1- Makes the long journey from Sussex and dropped in class . Didnt appear happy on turf or at 12f last time and with good claimer on board looks like a mission to win. 4th TRIED TO WIN IT FROM FRONT AND THEN STAYED ON WELL. PERHAPS IF HE HAD COME TO NEAR SIDE RAIL HE MIGHT HAVE BETTERED HIS POSITION

ii- WINDSOR 4.30 - LIVERPOOL KNIGHT - 11/4 - Went straight into my notebook after his win last time and despite 6lb rise he should have enough to go in again. NON RUNNER

i- NEWCASTLE 1.50- TOMMY DE VITO - 10/1- Dont think his last two runs do him justice and Marquand on board should help back on AW with better draw. LOST never in it
    SIR TITUS 8/1 a danger. LOST

OTHER FANCIES

NEWCASTLE

1.15- BRANCASTER 13/2 LOST wrong Ellison horse, ridden as though he would pick them up easily but found nothing
    2.25- GLEN SHEIL 9/2 LOST made early running and then struggled AND HAPPY POWER 14/1 LOST
    2.55 - EVALUATION 9/2 4TH AND CATBIRD SEAT 12-1 PULLED UP
    3.30- SUMMER KNIGHT 9/1 5th , VALLEY FORGE 6/1 LOST AND UBER COOL 18/1 LOST

NEWMARKET

2.40- UNIVERSAL ORDER 3/1 LAST
    3.15- EVER GIVEN 8/1 LOST

WINDSOR
    3.55 -TRAIS FLOURS 5/2 LOST

CHESTER

4.45 - DUKE OF FIRENZE 40-1
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Well a couple of winners today Friday so after a week or so when I couldnt pick my nose I hope my luck has turned. Here we go for tomoz

iiii- SANDOWN 2.25- CHECKANDCHALLENGE - 9/2- Looked very good until being put in his place in the 2000 guineas. However I still think he above these on his handicap debut. 2nd Not a good draw and chose to come from back just too much too do, dont lose faith
    Also done old fav TRAIS FLOURS 11/1 but shouldnt be anywhere near my rating. LOST

iii- SANDOWN 1.50- RAASEL 10/3 - Way up in class since start of season but he keeps winning well and I hope he is still underated. WINNER and got run of the race but he is very solid and now goes for the NUNTHORPE. GREAT RIDE BY JAMES DOYLE

ii- HAYDOCK 4.25 - YOUNG FIRE - 5/1 - Finished well last time for 2nd after looking outpaced. That should have brought him on and he likes HAYDOCK. 4th dash from back way too late
    So does BOARDMAN and although he shouldnt change form around cant leave him out. LOST

i- HAYDOCK 3.15 - LIVERPOOL KNIGHT 8/1 - Went into my note book after his last run but was taken out last Saturday which I fell was his first target and I wonder if this is an afterthought and a bit above him. Lets hope not LOST def think it was an afterthought and needs to drop back a level
    Danger- SOMETHING ENTICING 14/1 LOST and a wild card RAYMOND TUSK 33/1 LOST

OTHER FANCIES

HAYDOCK

2.05 - THE GADGET MAN 14-1 LOST AND DUTY BOUND 10/1 LOST

SANDOWN

3.00 Cant really see past HEREDIA but not doing at Evens and little dabble on LOCH LUNDIE 50/1 NR who should outrun those odds.

3.35 2 silly bets ALENQUER 13/2 LOST and LORD NORTH 25-1 LOST

LEICESTER

2.45 - NIGHT BEAR 12/1 LOST

NOTTINGHAM

7.30 = FRED BEAR 5/1