You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Well done for picking the scottish grand national winner. Did you do the forecast?
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited April 2022
    wynne1938 said:

Well done for picking the scottish grand national winner. Did you do the forecast?

no but I did back both shoulda done forecast as the horses I had in doubles let me down.

and get on win my wings for the 2023 Grand National
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    It says something about my betting when I say the Grand National is my favourite race of the year , that I back too many horses in it and the last time I got the winner was Pineau De Re in 2014 .And the time before that was Minnehoma. So beware people.

iiii- 3.35 AINTREE - FLOORING PORTER 13/8 -Not often you get a Stayers Hurdle winner at this price. Seems good value 2ND I can even jinx a Cheltenham winner

iii - 2.40 THIRSK - SYMBOLIZE - 5/2 - Been following this and goes well fresh and has already been backed. 2ND couldnt get past favourite

ii- 4.15 AINTREE - SHAN BLUE - 5/2 - On ratings he is a stand out and would have won easily at Wetherby if not for falling at last when clear. 2ND again
    DANGERS- CAP DU NORD 15/2 LOST AND KILLER KANE 10-1 3RD

i- 5.15 AINTREE - ECLAIR SURF - 12-1 - Had to include Grand National even though I have done loads in it. However Trainer ecstatic as he creeped in and ran well in the Eider to finish 2nd to WIN MY WINGS who then went onto win Scottish National last week for my ratings BY 7 LENGTHS.
    FELL and still being assessed hope he recovers
    By the way my ANTE POST BET FOR 2023 NATIONAL will be WIN MY WINGS.
    DANGERS: SNOW LEOPARDESS 12-1 PULLED UP
    DE RASHER COUNTER 50-1 BROUGHT DOWN plus a few more LOL

OTHER FANCIES

AINTREE

1.45: SERIOUS CHARGES 9/1, LOST THIRD WIND 10/1NR Aand small saver THE COB 50-1 LOST
    2.25- GOD RISK IT ALL 7-1 LOST AND ELLE EST BELLE 11-1 DIED
    3.00- GENTLEMAN DE MEE 7/2 WINNER led all the way and sprinted away from Edwardstone after mistake at second last
    6.20- WESTERN ZEPHYR 16-1

THIRSK
    1.30-GATHANFAR 10-1 LOST
    4.30 - YELLOW BEAR 9/1 WINNER 14-1 Jockey got a lovely position early and he made all well

GOOD LUCK ALL
  • Options
    Good luck .Difficult day
  • Options
    SECONDITUS continues and down to 76 points up
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    With the Grand National gone still hanging on to National Hunt until I can work out the flat form a bit

iiii- MUSSELBURGH 3.14- ZERO TEN -3/1 and cant leave GN behind as I go for winning trainers invader from across the water. LOST led most of way but faded completely at end
    DANGER -STATE OF BLISS 10-1 LOST

III- HAYDOCK 5.01- MOLLY CAREW -9/2 - Last years winner of this race off a 5lb higher mark . LOST PULLED UP

ii - HAYDOCK 2.09- LIME DROP - 15/2- Progressive mare who should defy 5lb rise 4th just couldnt get to the leading three.

i- NEWBURY 3.35- ROGUE BEAR - 7/2 - A Bear did me a favour last week and hoping another does this week, Off same mark as his Lincoln third and twice had to change direction in that race. 3RD always looking for a gap at furlong pole but wouldnt have won
    Small saver - TRAIS FLOURS 20-1 LOST

OTHER FANCIES

MUSSELBURGH

1.32-DESERT ANGEL 15/2 3RD Horse hung left most of straight making the jockey try to take inside line before he had to switch outside continued to hang beaten half a length
    2.04 - NORTHERN EXPRESS 8-1 2ND and I know I shouldnt do this but this time Paul Mulrennans fault, running all over them at back couldnt make his mind up where to go and came on outside but too late. AND ZIP 7-1 LOST had a difficult race to find gaps in middle of field
    2.39 JUSTANOTHERBOTTLE 10-1 12-1 2ND AGAIN getting p..... off now, bumped and bored by 3rd in final furlong numerous times

NEWBURY

1.50 -RAYMOND TUSK 6-1 15/2 2ND AGAIN, Jockey went this way and that and by the time he got out the winner had gone
    2.25- MAJESTIC GLORY 9-1 3RD 14/1 ran on well to get place after being pushed most of the way
    4.45- ZABEIR 14-1 2ND 16-1 Came on late to finish well

HAYDOCK
    3.19- HOWDYALIKEMENOW 15/2 LOST AND FIRST IMPRESSION 6-1 3RD switched and ran on well
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    DOWN TO 72 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Here we go again and winners not places please although at the moment I would settle for anything.

iiii- HAYDOCK 3.15 - EXMINSTER 11/2 -Been waiting for this to come out but already missed the 8-1 . Had a recent run from bad draw and now sports cheekpieces. 2ND looked like he had it won easy but had the weight of my money on him.!!!! 2nd
    SAVER -BIG BEAR HUG 11-1 LOST

iii- SANDOWN 5.15 - PRESS YOUR LUCK - 4/1- Trainer banging in winners all over the place and this won well at Kempton last time and is very well regarded at home. LOST
    SAVER- BEYOND THE CLOUDS 14-1 LOST

ii- SANDOWN 3.32- WIN MY WINGS - 6/1 - My fancy for the Grand National next year this mare has already won the Eider and Scottish National and should take this as well. Hoping 14lb rise and going right handed doesnt trip her up. FELL when making ground but never would have got to winner
    SAVER on stablemate KITTY'S LIGHT 9/2 who gets 12lb after their Scot Nat meeting and was 2nd in this last year. 3rd battled on well but never going to get the winner
    Now watch CAP DU NORD win.

i - HAYDOCK 2.05- OO DA LALLY 10-1 - has great strike rate and heavy ground against him last time and been gelded and had wind op since. LOST ran out of it near end
    sAVER - RHOSCOLYN 10-1 if it runs NON RUNNER

OTHER FANCIES

SANDOWN

1.50 -BOONBAWN 10-1 11-1 2nd Jumped superbly but done by the favorite AND DOCTOR PARNASSUS 6/1 LOST
    2.25 - NUTS WELL 9/2 LOST gave away lengths at start and never in it
    3.00 NUBE NEGRA 6/4 LOST
    4.07 -INDEFATIGABLE 7/2 2nd tried to get up but couldnt get past the winner
    4.40 BEAKSTOWN 11/4 3rd wore himself out before finish

RIPON

4.00 -MILITIA 10-1 LOST
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    Another terrible day in a terrible run.

Down to 68 points up, the worse postion Ive been in for over 4 years.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    WILL the rot stop , well here's hoping

iiii - THIRSK 2.05 - EMPIRESTATEOFMIND - 9/1- John Quinn had a few winners and this one won an apprentice handicap last week so no penalty and the 3rd, 6th and 8th have won since . Nicely drawn in stall one. LOST had the rail run if good enough but just plugged on ,
    DANGER TRAIS FLOURS 8-1 LOST no luck in running

iii- NEWMARKET 2.25- TURNTABLE 8-1 - Another Trainer in good form and this horse won nicely last time making it 2 from 2 over C & D, hoping fully tuned after winter break. 2nd came there strongly but ran all over the place, if he had of kept straight probably the winner.
    DANGER-NOTRE BELLE BETTE 17/2 3rd ran on nicely

ii- DONCASTER 4.45- FARHH TO SHY - 4-1 - This stallion didnt produce many before returned to racing for a bit but most have been good. She improved a lot last season and hope she is also wound up for her return. WINNER very easily and another still improving

i - UTTOXETER 1.43 - TRAIN HILL 12-1 - I have a share in this one and last time over this course and distance she finished 2nd beaten a couple of lengths also in a class 5 by UNO MAS. That horse then went onto complete a four timer by a total distance of 30 lengths. southwell race not on as good ground as thought and despite being pulled up he should go better today. LOST went to make ground on second circuit but came under pressure too early finished about 7th, certainly not showing that form against UNO MAS yet

OTHER FANCIES

NEWMARKET

1.15 GALE FORCE MAYA 4-1 LOST
    1.50 TACTICAL 12-1 LOST AND JUMBY 17/2 LOST
    3.00 CAME FROM THE DARK 5-1 LOST AND ARECIBO 9-1 LOST
    3.40 CHECKAND CHALLENGE 16-1 LOST AND BOUNDLESS OCEAN 66-1 LOST
    4.15 STATE OF BLISS 3-1 LOST
    4.50 KING OF TIME 6/4 WINNER nicely after being baulked
    5.25 INGRA TOR 8-1 WINNER BY MILES VERY WELL HANDICAPPED AT MO FOLLOW

THIRSK

2.45 READY FRDDIE GO 5-1 WINNER AT LAST AND 9-1 LOVELY PRICE
    4.35 IRV 14-1 LOST

• Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    UP TO 69 POINTS UP, NOT A LOT BUT STOPPED ROT
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    A little better last week and not a bad Chester so here goes again

iiii - HAYDOCK 3.00 - ANNA BURNINA 5-1- Won the Scottish Champion Hurdle despite trying to find all kinds of trouble and should confirm form with the 5TH never picked up
    Danger WEST CORK FELL

iii - ASCOT 1.45- FLYING SOLO - 6/1- Had a good spring last year and hoping for same. 2ND MADE RUN TOO LATE WINNER HAD GONE
    DANGERS- HMS PRESIDENT 8-1 4TH AND JUAN DE MONTALBAN 8-1 WINNER

II- HAYDOCK 2.25- BRONSON IN BLUE 14-1 - Hoping not just a travel companion for ANNA BURNINA and that the flat run over !m 4f was to get him ready for this , won last twice over hurdles. LOST , wide all the way round no chance.
    DANGER -NEON MOON 12-1 LOST Came late but couldnt sustain to get place

I- LINGFIELD 3.50 - SHE DO - 11/4 - Beat GAYLE FORCE MAYA who has run two good races this year and hoping she primed for this. 4th JUST LOST 3RD on line

OTHER FANCIES

LINGFIELD

2.05- VERREAUX EAGLE 2-1 LOST put on tracker as never going to get run from where he was put
    3.15 - MAKEMEDOIT 20-1 3RD at one time looked like she would win but didnt quite stay

ASCOT

3.30-DELTA BAY 13/2 LOST
    5.15 - UNDER THE TWILIGHT 14-1

4.05 - VAFORTINO 12-1 WINNER at 16-1 lovely price and won well, DANCE FEVER 20-1 LOST and HIERONYMUS 40-1 LOST only beaten a neck by yesterdays winner RED MIRAGE last time

THIRSK

7.05 -GOLDEN DUKE 12-1 LOST and PRAYER MATT 5/1 LOST

NOTTINGHAM

4.30 - DRAWING CLOCKS 6/1 LOST
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    DOWN TO 65 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Still trying to stop the rot,

iiii - NEWMARKET 2.25- HARRY THREE 11/2- INGRA TOR was a gret winner for me a couple of weeks back and this was the only rival who could get near him, as I really like IT this should win this. WINNER had to find gaps and Adam Kirby had to look at his most ungainlyness as he ran about a bit. FOLLOW and makeS INGRA TOR look even better

iii- NEWBURY 2.45- RED VINEYARD 6/1- Already backed down from 10/1 probably due to AL QAREEM win at York Friday. should go in again. LOST another one who blazed a trail only to go out like a light

ii- THIRSK 4.40 - NORTHERN EXPRESS -7/2 - Had a terrible start last time and came home well from a difficult position. With a bit of luck should win this. 2nd Kept Boardman in but not for long enough as pipped at post after wobbling a bit half a furlong out

i- NEWBURY 2.10 - FOXES TALES 10/3 -Looked good chasing home MOSTAHDAF last time and up in trip should help him step up on good form last year. LOST needs to go back in distance

OTHER FANCIES

NEWBURY
    1.35- HIERARCHY 5/1 LOST blazed a trail but weakened quickly
    3.20 - ALCOHOL FREE 14/1 EW LOST

NEWMARKET

1.50 ZAIN SARINDA 4/1 2nd AGAIN backed down to favourite
    3.00 SHINE SO BRIGHT 10/3 WINNER 5/1 did it well and a great price, QUITILUS 5/1 LOST
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    up to 68 points up