You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited October 2015
    Good to see the diary back again Craig!

Regular updates pls.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary-:
    Good to see the diary back again Craig! Regular updates pls.
    Posted by LARSON7
    That post I did was initially my final post sort of like an annoucement but I suppose I could still keep it going and could include my cash game progress i'll be doing onpoker stars.

edited October 2015
    Following my final bit of poker before taking that long break away from sky I did take all my cash away. My poker BR overall wasn't fully removed because poker stars itself still had it's BR kept in the account and having begun my return with some cash on poker stars itself. During the first day or two it looked a much more boring but as then I found a web page describing an unusual poker fish. I had a good read about this type of fish and sunnedly got the sence that these were the type of fish on stars and through a bit of ajustment to my game i've found my BR increasing by an average of 200BB ($0.05/$0.10) a day.

poker stars cash seemed an easy game to take cash away but I still wanted to spend some time on sky and it's the MTTs and Sit &  Go which are my sky poker games. I had made a £30 deposit  Monday thinking it'll be good enough knowing i've got that main BR was based on starsbut my game today might have told a slightly different story Sit&gos alone don't seem to be so bad but If i'm going to play an MTT I'll have to just keep very limited playing just  £2.30 BH, DTD orford and timed ones.
    edited October 2015
    Think I might have learned something today- Whilst tournaments and cash at the same time can be bad enough, I'd say having cash tables on a different site altogether might be taking it too far because as well as the difference in gaming dynamic i've also got totally different tables so my mind had been far to focused on the sky UKOPs free roll therefore i lost total focus on the pokerstars cash and have gone on to lose $40 in just and hour before getting  myself knocked out at the very last minute of the UKOPS free roll when I tried to attempt just playing 1 cash table.

The TPT and £2.30 BH + some DYMs will be the main game tonight. If I get knocked out them two early i'll have some cash time.
    edited October 2015
    I've just exited The £2.30 BH MTT finishing in 12th place I might have took things too loose when right at the end with a K10 for the chance of a head, as a whole but that one piece of bad luck with K10 v K2o can't get in the way of what some might descibe as the most lucky MTTs when it comes to hands dealings for prior to the first break when I had four pocket queens one of which became a set, 1 pocket kings, an AKs that hits it's set and a 77 getting a set as well, all that was missing is an AA which might have been waiting for a later time which came when it's usage was to double up a stack against QQ.
    edited October 2015

The way my game was going with with the micro turbo DYMs i choose to go for a mini BH rather than a £2.30 one, this might have looked ok when I was winning what i'd been winning in those DYMs but it wasn't because although this had looked good to the bare eye it was only r eally making up the cash i'd lost when playing a timed MTT and £5.50 HU omaha hi lo to get the points I still need for theUKOPs freeroll.

My exit in the mini itself didn'ttake  long to occur due to an AA running into a set, I still had £2 remaining and that too was not going to last too long when i'd exited the 3 turbo DYMs  could still buy.

I've made another £5 deposit tonight and what i'm aiming to see happen tomorrow is this cash get's doubled or tripled purely through 25p+5p 50p+5p  and £1+15p turbo DYMs tomorrow.

My time on pokerstars itself had started well itself it's first session of the dayhad alot more hero callers than usually seen and combined with standard preflop 2AI losses it saw a bit of damage coming to me. Know i still had time for poker in the evening and as much as the sky BR itself was gone, I didn't get me that fussed knowing all along these will see lots of negative days before a positive one so I took myself back across  onto the other site and say that session go far better with a great cooler coming on a deepstack where i'd held straight to A and he has the topset, weather or not it was enough for to fully recover that loss i'm not sure but will be very close.

edited October 2015
    The challenge wasn't as easy as first expected and due to a poor start it dropped to £3.65.  Knowing SnG alones would be difficult and cold take ages I'll transfer a few pounds across from stars if it's cash run was good enough and will transfer £100 across for the UKOPS itself.
    edited October 2015
    Been a few days since my last update, nothing poker related just a busy few days and very little time free for poker.

The DYMs all seemed to be in my favour to day 20 were played overall with me passing the bubble on 17  (9/9 25p+5p+ 8/11 50p+10p).

These challenges i give myself really do need some extra though being put into them because when looking at my stats today it's clear to see that even attempting to double my cash via DYM is hard when playing it at a careful pace. My cash prior to these was £3.20 and after a 100% win on 25+5 along with 77% win on  50p+10p I still only just got my cash doubled on the final one.

I do like giving myself difficult challenges but my real challenge is to start doing things in a realistic manner rather than a high risk manner.

Star poker hasn't been played yet i'm going to give myself a go on that and my challeng to make a $10 cash win during my 4 tabling on nl$0.05/0.10
    edited October 2015
    My poker stars cash session has managed to uncrease my BR by another $10 but I i'll still put it down as a poor cash table night because whilst $10 looks good I'd say it was partually helpe by 2 out 2 preflop coolers going my way and then a maniac getting back into winning ways at the very end.

The first hour of my game didn't have much of a problem, the damage began to kick in when i'd just lost a gambling move i'd taken from an aggressive AI with 88 against the 50BB opponent. I still was at a winning even after those 50BB were lost but now wondered if i'll be making many more of those mistakes in the time that was left.
    edited October 2015
    My poker BR might looked to have made an increase but the money spent going to watch the movie crimson hill would have been better of getting added to my bankroll. If it's romance movies you like then this is a movie for you but if it's horror movies you might as well buy scooby doo cartoons even thgey'll have more scaryness.

When returning home from an awful movie day i was preying my poker night itself would have better time, I might like horror and scary scenes in films but in poker I prefer hands with less of s fright risk on later streets and it was a nice certainly a night with more than expected. My aim at the beginning was to attemt to make between £2-£3 along with 20 point by playing DYMs along side !K free and that £2.30 BH using free token. The  total I managed to make overall was £7.70 DYMs (6/8 30p 8/9 60p and 1/1 accidental £1.15) give me £3.95  were 17 played over all, of those 6/8 30p, 7/8 60p and also 1/1 £1.15  which was entered accidentally this alone made £3.95 Making £3.95 cash from these alone was more than i'd expected but an extra £3 was won in the £1K freeroll and i'd also got 75p from a head prize won using my free token which altogether saw my BR double itself again.

A doubled BR and AAv AA being won by me with the flush, is there a poker spirit?
    edited October 2015
    Today my Br remains very much the same as it was yesterday, The cash itself has dropped by £3 but that was money i used on football accumelators one of which still has the chance of giving me a return prize of £24.

Todays UKOPS freeroll was for the omaha and the structure of it tells me i might have a decent chance of gaining £55. I managed to break it through into the semi today but in the semi itself i'd went out when my AI value bet didn't have such luck avoiding those cards it needed too which were just the 6 required to give opponent better straight.

I haven't bothered with star poker today nor did I bother with it yesterday. Tomorrow after noon I might return to it just depends on weather or not i'll have enough time between watching the recorded sunday supplement and goals on sunday and the actual time the toon kick off.
    edited October 2015
    After missing out on poker yesterday through celebrating a newcastle victory "at long last", i've been playing DYMS for long that previous days and if i'm not going to head across to cash poker i might as well continue doing so because these micro DYMs are proving a great way to bankroll build.

I'd managed to play 12 30p turbo DYMs and 9/12 had me passed the bubble so i've increased my BR by 90p on these and as tesco would say every little helps.

The addional DYMs to play along size the turbos allowed me to play a total of 21 60p DYMs and of those 15/21 got me passed the bubble so i've made a total of £2.40 on these.

Considering how easy i've found the 30p and 60p DYMs i'd went on to play a numbe of £1.15 micro DYMs thinking these too will have the simular types of people aas the rest and based on todays outing it seems to prove the case. 8 of these were played overall and of those only 1 didn't get the bubble sucess so i've made a total of £4.80 out of these.

I had thought to begin with that a £5.50 omaha hi lo could itself be worthy of an attemt too in the belief that these will still make out a cash win weather i'd did it in PLO or not but when adding these up now i'll think again.

My overall poker has today made my BR gain another £3.30 from DYMS play an extra £1 from free and i'll be giving it another £10 deposit to night as well to help assist in making it well enough for the UKOPS micros. 
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,906
    edited October 2015

Enjoying this Diary, Craig, & you have a nice style of writing which flows nicely. You seem to be doing pretty well in the poker, too.

Keep it going.

edited October 2015
    I've had to force myself to finish my day early today and a loss of £6 knowing now that i'm feeling a bit annoyed.
    The poker part of my game was for once not part of this problem,you'd be suprised to see it when typed because the annoying cause itself was My main PC and it's web browsers.

Usually i like using fire fox but this web browser doesn't seem to complete it's installation, I've tried a number of occassions but each time it seems to fail. This alone wouldn't be too big an issue if google chrome was to come up but that has got this problem taking extremely long to just get up, the only web browser actually working is microsft edge but that web browser is consistantly failing to allow more than 6 tables to play. Taking it back might normally sound fine but already i've needed to spend £80 on a replacement mother board, £70 on a repair followed by another £20 just 2 days later and now I feel if it's pointless even bothering to pay for another repair.
    edited October 2015
    Today was my most active night of DYMs so far, the total number played overall was 82(40x60p 28x30p 14x £1.15)!Usually I was playing between 6-10 DYMs at once and It was know that turbos don't take too long to get themselves into a preflop shoving game and only taking 15-25 min to generally finish along side the general dynamic of a DYMs it was difficult to begin with having all these DYMs but it wasn't long before things pulled together.

Out of the 3 DYM costs i was able to cash out on 20/28  30p gaining a profit of £1.60, i'd cashed out on 27/40  60p making a total profit here of £3 and i'd cashed out on 10/14 the £1.15 making profit of £3.90 . The  £1.15 costs weren't far behind with a bubble percentage of 71%, the profit here was  made £3.9 with a win percentage of 71%. The 60p price range wasn't far behind with a profit of £3 in a win percentage of 67%.

I had played a small bit of poker yesterday too but soon ads were popping up everywher and i'd knew my PC had a virus and the scan itself revealed that 1570 files were infected!
    edited October 2015
    The unfortunate luck and mistakes from a wear tyne derby weekend didn't seem to go away today. I had to begin SnG a little earlier than I usally do. My freeroll 20 points were not yet obtained , I took an early SnG session to gain these points and saw bad luck happen in an odd way and i didn't have the chance to make any late AI jam due to a disconnection whereby i needed to reset modem and by the time i returned it was too late. A bit like sunderland getting that luck gifted penalty due to a couple of seconds worth of silly play from ourselves.

You could say my evening session is like that of newcastle itself not scoring those chances they had and so it goes on to cost us. What had happened is my hands had been hidden away from an over lapping table, i'd continued playing like this for about 2 hours in the expectation on would end soon when I could have zoom out one right away as it would have zoomed out the others too and any additional ones would be that size too.

25p+5p -£2 16/30

50p+10p 40p 25/41

£1+15p -£1.35 16/29
    edited October 2015
    I usually would be still playing at this time but the volenteering I do on wednesdays means today I need an early night especially when they're setting off earlier which they're doing this week.

The night itself proved a to be a much more relaxing night that yesterday night with the zoom itself been out well enough to enable 8 tables on screen without any over lapping, I had a couple of occassion where i'd had to see 10 tables up but that was soon resolved when them with the larger SS/BB did see the final short stack knocked out and the registration in lobby would have been going infront of my tables more that this all in all it was a very relaxing time and a winnings higher than expected.

My night wasn't all happy mind. It was in a SnG turbo, the blinds were 25/50, i had 21BB, held AA and 4BB raised a limper.  The flop comes Q43hh, the pot was 450, I now make the jam with my other 850 see the limper call and reveal a set. The unusual thing about the unhappy part was the hand itself had actually still been won by me when the turn brings an A giving me the better set and so I feel a bit sorry for this guy. oddly enough I do later allow myself to double my stack when i shove 33 pre and hit the set which remained ahead. The probably reason behind this is my autism and how it can effect emotional control.

Back to my total it was £5.90

25p+5p 50p (7/10)
    50p+10p -80p (7/13)
    £1+15p £6.20 (10/12)
    edited October 2015
    Tonight shall be another early finish only this time I feel as though i'm not in the mood and feel too tired after having a very wet afternoon of volenteering work.

I've lost £3 overall but the main thing about my night is i've managed enough SnGo in to ensure i've got the 20 point.

25p+5p -0.1 1/2
    50p+10p -£1.40 4/9
    £1+15p -£1.50 5/10
    edited October 2015
    It didn't cost me money to enter but i still go into a bad mood simply because I exite the UKOPS freeroll when the chance to treble with AA was stopped by an AKs flush.
    I did have some Sngo up too and have made 5p on them.

at first sight my very negative and stress likes posts look like a standard bit of tilt but the truth is i've had a mental health problems called aspergers sydrome which is a mental health issue that will cause various mental health problems to people in different ways.  One of the issues i've got is autism which can made social interactions very difficult and make emotions difficult to control. I've begun to get help from M.A.I.N. which is an autism socity and one of the main things they'll be helping me with is my anger.

£1+15p 55p 2/3
    50p+10p -20p 1/2
    25p+5 -30p
    edited October 2015
    My sit and go run today makes me believe it was a big mistake not to begin my poker time on them because it doesn't really matter if those flips and dominating hand win or lose i'll still feel calm and relaxed whilst continuing to play. I describe them as a combination of cash and MTTs combined, like cash tables SnGo don't need the larger of BRs to allow multi-tabling and can build the BR slowly, the MTT part i like about these is you'll have a number of AI situations where you strong hander hand will be defeated therefore become more us to the bad beats and unfortunate bad luck

Today looked as though it was going to be a good day at the start having won my first two of each buy in but then things began to change, flips went against me, dominating hand failed to remain ahead and i went on to lose 6 30p in a row and 3 £1.15 in a row and as time went on it was like a bubble this Sng fail your next Sng meaning the rake would cost me and so as a who i've lost £5.05

25p+5p -£1.20 6/14

£1+15p -£2.65 5/11

50p+10p -£1.20 9/17