You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2015
    I think today poker shouldn't have been played at all, having expected a friend to come over this afternoon, i beginning to feel bored, having waited and waited for him to come 3pm i just give up and went onto poker, although I was determined to play poker at the time, deep down i knew it would prove a high risk because bordom itself will cause stress to build up and when it does build up, my brain will no long be able to think as good when it comes to making decisions as described in the mental game of poker, knowing the amount of stress i could have on sunday, what i'm going to do now is put a 24 hour block onto my account to prevent me from even coming onto the site sunday because i know ery well,  my day will be stressful no matter how newcastle finish.

my total loss today was £65
    edited May 2015
    today hasn't been that bad a day, my total cash is a small loss of £6.12, cash tables alone give me a winning total of £2.24, it was the addition of a semi+ mini havnig made it into the main event that cause me to go into loss,my noon session did start getting emotional when I was unable to see 98 make a fold on the turn card and river card giving him top pair. 5 minutes after this event, I knew it was time to take a break and once I returned I was feeling calmer and managed to make my way into the main event although it was extremely unfortune for opponent because having flopped full house I get myself a strong set on the turn giving me the better full house.

my main event exit was stand but the mini event was more of a silly exit wenhaving been force to play hand in what is limped pot, i get flush draw+gutshot, do a Ch/C down two streets then make my own overbet jam on a rivered flush and when i get called the opponent turned over a limped Q10s gaining the better flush

overall -£6.12 (2.24- £8.36)
    edited May 2015
    today has been a great day and it seems suprising to think that when talking with some of the other nl10p regs.

My first session of the day was at12pm and didn't start my day in the best of ways,  the tables themselve appeared to have been tight pre flop or on the flop, therefore i myself am going to be taking lots of pots down there and then, the down side to these small pots is that if a cooler or bad beat occurs, i'll be left at a loss which is just how it turned out ot be having lost a pot £36.80 and also £20.39 with two pair getting beat by river straight and myself not hitting river flush having gone all in with flush on turn when attempted bluff failed. This session had an overall loss of £18.52

My second session of the day still my first one in a way, I had only really took a few minute break before going back on, the session itself was the best one of the night, again it was an occurance of masses of pots being won on flops over 50% were likely taken down on flops and the great thing with this session was them bigger losses weren't coming in their masses, 13 hands had a loss over £1 where as 34 had £1+ winnings. One of these nl10 regs I who was on a bad run did get some advice from me on why he might be getting these losses and went on to offer him some tips on ways he can get back to winning ways.

My final session of the night was a 7pm and due to the timing of it, it would come as no suprise to see this one get the most amount of big pots, 70 pots alone were actually £1+ winning and this itself was just 14 short of the total number of winning pots i got between 3pm and 7pm, at a certain point in this session, there was a player that turned into a wind up mood with, luckily enough it seemed to be himself who was getting the negative effects from this, soon he decided to leave the cash table and was trying to get me wound up therefore i'd hid the chat boxes away.

all in all £58.47 has been won today
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary-:
    One of these nl10 regs I who was on a bad run did get some advice from me on why he might be getting these losses and went on to offer him some tips on ways he can get back to winning ways. Posted by craigcu12
    Was the advice to play 85o like a boss?
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary-:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary- : Was the advice to play 85o like a boss?
    Posted by shakinaces
    this reg didn't get much advice on playing these types of hands but when i was speaking to another nl10 reg on a bad run, it got me thinking maybe these are the types of hands that give you the best cash because boy was their lot of extremely unlikely winners getting lucky the worst of them was when a donkey went DB48p/C£1.48 J98, DB£4/C£AI £7 with A8 on a board J98 6cc, disaster comes on river when he'd got 8 killing my AJ.

my play when IP is going excellent with huge amounts of pots getting won, the issue seems to be when i'm sitting out of position, I don't know weather i'm just getting so much bad luck, should i be intent on seeing people fold on turn when my equity of premium pairs will have got much weaker or if i should actually be just keeping these pots much smaller and maybe doing a Ch/R on turns?
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited May 2015

Just keep playing lots of pots in position!

I think at the lower levels it can make a lot of sense to keep pots smaller when out of position and only holding 1pair, unless you have notes on your opponent to say otherwise.  Don't think it's even a bad thing to just c/c as a lot of players are too passive to barrel like crazy with worse and will just fold their bluffs anyway if you c/r.

Probably worth playing a really tight range as well.  I'm about 15% open UTG but that's probably way too loose at these levels when you get lots of calls behind.  I'd guess even as little as 7-8% opening range wouldn't be terrible.

edited May 2015
    having played poker in a more calm and relaxing way, i've managed to make winnings prize rather than a loss, there might have been a couple of moments every now and then butthe majority of my game was fine. luck itself was most certainly a very friendly thing for me, on a master cash table I had an event which got me going all in preflop with AK having tried to 4bet squeeze and force the  calling station to fold, but as he didn't fold the pot went 3way AK vs A9 vs KK, knowing already i'm down to 1 out, I was on the verge of standing up but the flop itself came down A106cc and having Kc he himself was down to 1 out and as his 1 out didn't come, my poker day managed to continue on for the rest of the evening, going on to win £45.05 and suprisingly shakin, it didn't include an 85o 9 times out of 10 it was premium hands.
    edited May 2015
    Today has had more time spent in MTTs that it had spent in cash, it started off with an hour of nl10p but after an hour i decided to call an end due to so much lagging, I did spend another 3 hours playing 888poker cash and in them 3 hours i finished $0.44 better off. In that 1 hour of sky cash poker, Having made £40.55 in that 1 hour of sky poker cash, i decided to take an MTT session during the evening, first I played the 1K BH at 6:45 and came out with a total of £6.24+3.76, I did have a bit of unfortune time in that when a limper got sneaky with QQ, a short stack had shoved and when the limper calls that jam I go for defence by rejamming my own stack with 99. as £5.75 MTTs are viewed as worthy ones, I choose to use my cash prize to have and attempt in the main event, having got off to an awful start with just 1600 chips left when blind were 40/80, i was thinking it would be ending early, then I made a double up with KQ against a gambling 43, as th MTT went on, i began to see myself with great chance of finishing past bubble as my chipstack was 30K, then came an awful sickener when i'd hero called a shover wityh top pair on a turn J977 having put him of a straight draw or flush draw, it was the correct call but sadly for me the river card came Q giving K10 a straight, still it wasn't all bad news, I might hav exited the MTT 8 places away from bubble but i did gain £51.32 in heads.

total for the day is £52.30
    edited June 2015
    Today can only really be described as a day of chasing and after the way things have been today, the issue started when I opted to try the semi for sundays main event, the thing was this is a much larger price semi than those that occur any other day and unlike saturdays main event direct entry, today was a day when i'd not played on cash tables therefore the £24 looked like a huge dent into my BR and I ended up attempting another semi direct sat and also spent £9 in All in sats but that itself was only tiny fraction of what was originally planned, having failed to get into the main event, I played on cash for the rest of the evening and having made enough cash to have what looked to be still a winning cash day, all it took was a couple of sickeners and bad beats putting a dent into those great cash stacks to make me feel disappointed to see so much good play go to waste. In the end it was my own fault and knowing I can get an average of £43 per day from just cash, i'm thinking I might as well avoid most MTTs altogether, all I shall play is the £7.20 Bh main event semi and if i've made a great amount in the early hours, i'll do 1 direct entry into a main event BH.

total loss today was £49.53
    edited June 2015
    I might have said in my thread done yesterday that i'll be avoiding all but semis and main event MTTs this month, well having just found out about the health of dale (flyingdagg) himself is in, i've decided to play in DTDs for the whole of this month as respect to this great commity member and any cash I make from these DTDs will be gifted to the sir bobby robson foundation charity who fight against cancer themselve, just incase I don't make any cash in these DTDs throughout the month, i'll still be willing to give him any of the cash made from these new reward freerolls and also the cash i get from the points themselves.

The poker itself didn't get off to the greatest of start, Iknew for certain the main event would need me to pass bubble of semi which didn't go too well having ran my KK into AA. Having  not made my way into the main event and knowing my current day stood at a loss of £24.36, my challenge was to see if i could get break even during the rest of the night.  Whilst playing the MTT itself, i did play some cash tables and things seemed to have changed for the better already with me getting  11 profitable hands over £1 and only making 3 small losses over £1+. After exiting the semi, I turned my attention to cash alone including 2 mastercash tables both of which saw me exit with a chipstack twice as big as entry having got on the good side of coolers. Shame this cash session wasn't my early one as it would have made £51 giving me the chance to enter the main event.

my overall total for the whole day is  winning total of £35.16.
    edited June 2015
    Today  I can only really feel ashamed of myself for choose to do it in the first place. 12am I was intent on getting up off my chair and going to bed but the temptation of getting so much money from calling stations tempted me to remain up longer 12 tabling purely and simply premium hands but this went on to back fire because although they will be a good thing long term they can an annoyance short term and as this was a one of it is short term thing, having 9 tables probably doesn't help itself because i'm even more likely to have more bad beat. If my day has been a good one then this type of thing probably will be fine but when the day has been like a roller coaster as was the case today, I should have just left at 12ppm with a loss of between £5-£10 instead of getting that bit extra which leads me to instead gain a loss of £60
    edited June 2015
    Tonight is a night i will not want to remember, noon was going great and saw me gain a cash winnings of £23 then came the evening and I went chaotic, right at the very beginning I went on to lose £20 on a master cash table, I wasn't that fussed about this hand, in the end i choose to play it like I did and he was the reg, the damage came when I played the wrong type of game against calling stations,eventually going on to loose all my C4P bonus! I was forgetting that now is a time where tables get very passive, calling stations and fish are abuntant, cbetting won't work as much and bluffs will hardly ever be done by them. As the night went on I started getting highly emotional, doing more and more mistakes soon i was of the belief to start limping myself.

When I realize my BR was almost as small as it had been before the C4P bous, i jumped off the table and ask a nl10 reg for tips on how he seemed to play during these hours, I myself had given this play some advice on how to make better use of position and taking advantage of fit fold style players and thought maybe he could advise me on these who are hard to make fold flop.
    having had this chat with him i was beginning to understand how many mistakes i had and ways to help inprove my game, best of all was it allowed me to calm down.

If you read my diary mate Cheers pal, i'll attempt to put this into action tomorrow
    edited June 2015
    Although I didn't update my diary, I did have a poker session yesterday even, overall i had lost £10.42 the majority of it coming during the final hour when QQvs88, AK vs Q10o JJ vs K10o, KKvs J7s QQvs J10 failed to remain ahead, the great thing this time was I could see right away, my game wasn't going well and emotions were now getting the better of me, so i got up had a chat with another player before going to bed, so instead of losing 15 buy ins i lost just over 1 buy in (10.69)

My total made for today has been a winnig total of £5.46, it begin with tabnle dynamics being much tighter and respectful than a nl10 normally is, as many as  seats were occupied by people i see reegularly, overall that session itself saw me lose £13.48, therefore i went into the evening session already down and that too was the most thrilling of starts having lost £20 in quik sucession when QQ goes AI against AA and JJ ran unfortunate against a maniac jamming A9s, had it not been for the set of jacks that won my cash back from this maniac, i'd have probably quick much earlier.
    edited June 2015
    not much in term of poker today, had a short session during the noon having got back from my cycle ride, that session itslef had made a small loss of £4.98, what i decided to attempt this evening was a few DYMs as they are simple and most days should made these small prizes but not today, 5 minutes into the DYMs i was starting to feel tired and went on to lose in 5 out of 7 DYMs overall this created a total loss of £24.78, weather or not i play anything tomorrow depend on how this weather is and how i feel once I return from a 50 mile cycle, in one way i could be extremely relaxed just what is needed for poker but in another way I could be too tired.
    edited June 2015
    just what is it with me and time, the other day, i was rushing due to real time seeming to go too fast, today i was rushing with decisions leading me to call over the odds when the timer itself had been going too fast, again i've lost 10BB having got myself in a huge muddle with timers leading myself into a worked up mood where i was rushing decisions.
    edited June 2015
    nl10 has been going on a bad run at the minute and with bad runs comes emotional reactions leading to more mistakes and more losses, my intention over the next few days shall be totally nl4p tabling whilst getting myself back to normal. usually my sessions don't start until 3pm but today I tried to give myself an early session and as it showed itself that nl10 isn't very good, having played on thm tables, I made a loss of £27.89, rather than getting so wound up over these losses, imoved oer to nl4 and managed to relax myself in no time. Soon things were going very good again and all in all I made a winning total on nl4 of £30.07. after the nl10 loss is subtracted I finish with a toal of £2.18 but this was still great and proves nl4 is better off ATM.
    edited June 2015
    my evening session has been another 12 nl4p tabling, it didn't exactly go to plan this having saw myself lose £6.99 but overall it was still good play. I was about to call it a day when the TV channel finished but choose to try  spending another on the table, but the very first few minutes of evens got me to step up right away before tilt kicked in because as time itself would be against me mistakes would start kicking in.

Overall today was a loss of £4.81 the majority of which was down to them nl10p and 8p.
    edited June 2015
    Today was another day of nl4 but had a different approach to it, rather than playing 12 tables at once, i stuck to no more than 6, during then early hours of that session things weren't lucking so good but as time went on i began to get a clearer picture of the table dynamic and players themselves allowing me to gain chip stacks that were over twice the entry limit. at 9pm a disconnect on my modem had messed up some of my tables as by the time i got back online i was booted off the table and wouldn't know which one it was,

My overall total for the night was £11.52 but i get the feeling it could have been larger had i remained on those same tables
    edited June 2015
    today i had two sessions overall and they showed a totally differnt outcome, you could describe it as just one session because the break itself was just 15 minutes but i'll deem it two having seen the difference they had.

The first session was a long one 3 hours in total so you'd be thinking this is where i made the better cash but it happened to have actually made the least cash 55p. The second session of the day was a much shorter one but suprisingly this made £16.75 telling me there were certainly mistakes made in that first session. 

The amount of hands gaining more than £1 were certainly equal with 10 each session gaining 10,unlike most nl4 cash todays saw me only playing on 4-6 allowing a better reading and it was certainly helping my decisions.
    edited October 2015
    My football team Newcastle united might still be on this awful run but I myself have finally got my poker game back on track and weather that poor run was due to high micro stakes rake, extreme tilt or just a totally poor run, the answer is unlikely to be seen as i've now discovered a new set of nl10 tables on poker stars which seem easy to dominate, these tables aren't as loose as sky tables but they are still very pasive my game is working wonders on it at the minute.

I'll not be giving up sky altogether, MTTs will still be getting played and some DYMs too.