You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited February 2016
    being able to finish with more than double my starting stack on 3 cash tables I should have ended the evening won a profit but a couple minutes tilt resulted in me going all in with junk costing myself far more that I would have lost had I took a couple minute eobreak right away, also a couple of hads should have given my hands great value than they actually acheive because I fealt less keen to do the 4bet all in with my monster hands on the river. The tilt I'd got from KK defeat against 43 did go away quicker than it has in recent months and it only seems to be the most extreme cases which i'd really feel tilted now.

Overall:-£3.93
    edited February 2016
    Lastnight I was planning to just have an early evening session but when watching the newcastle everton match I could see newcastle themselves were going to be defeated and decided I'll be better of putting an extra session in and turn the small cash loss into a small cash prize unfortunately a few early coolers made it a difficult task but rather than let it get at me I kept calm played normal and made up that bad start over the session.

Tonight i've had one early evening session and that itself wasn't able to last too long because of the darts and this was certain to be watched through out. Being a shorter one than normal, I put more time into table selecton and getting myself sitting in the right position at the tables.

In total I made £6.73 during the 1.5 hours i spent playing today and is enough to leave me in a winning on the two days overall.

Wednesday -£3.02
    Thursday £6.73

overall£3.71
    edited February 2016
    Starting the day down £14.40 by failure in both semi and LR semi getting my BR to reach the size it is tells can only mean one thing nl4 cash was providing free cash and masses of it, rather than take a chance and then leave the maniacs made a few reloads meaning the rest of the table was given an extra £10-£20 i cash playing a tight game whilst waiting for that chance to call. If that wasn't enough bluffs also appeared to be more frequent post flop, this did result in a couple of pots being lost against weaker hands but the difference was these losses were minor yet the victories were large due to so much over bet jamming. Whilst all ths loose aggression was awarding me that extra money I was also making great value against callers.

I had a max of 6 tables running at once but table selection and switching  meant 14 tables were played overal, 5 of them resulted in loss but only 1 had a loss anywhere near the 100BB mark one table did require rebuys totally 300BB overall but it didn't come as too much a poblem for my overall tally because I was able to exit the table as a stack 300BB deep therefore I had almost 800BB worth of cash from 3 other cash tables alone as for the others they were like an everyday nl4 finish.

Overall:£21.86
    nl4£36.26
    MTT:-£14.40
    edited February 2016
    Managing to get that 1 suited card that wll give me victory over the nut flush and AKs defeating AA can only mean i'm certainly on very lucky run at the minute the 9-K straight flush wasn't my only straight flush i've also hit a 5-9 straight flush as well and this was just a few days after a set and quads dominating day. Feeeling so positive about all the good luck i get on days like today needs to be reflected y on how i react to a bad day, they might be distressing but I should know deep down i'l get good days too.

I've managed to make £25.44 cash today. 2 tables made over 250BB and a 3rd was 9BB short of making 200BB, a forth table was able to return 17.5BB better off after starting off with a cost nearly 250BB. My biggest table loss was 91BB but as a whole 3/7 table losses were less than 40BB deep and was sure to been returned by 1/9 winning cash tables.

Overall £25.44 all nl4 tabling
    edited February 2016
    A few differences in my game tonight has made my BR drop at the end of today. I made an attempt to get into the main event via semi and LR semi but failure to do so meant i'd begin the night £14.40 down and the problems didn't end there freerolls and dis connection got into my way and shouldn't really bother playing 1000 freeroll knowing only the top 25 will be able to gain more than an every day nl4 could get.

THe table dynamics were alot more passive that they were in recent day, getting 100BB on a table could be a decent thing i never saw a stack go above £9 throughtout the evening. My best win saw me finish 91BB greter and the average for all the winning tables was 207BB.

I did run into one interesting spot today involving a decision as to weather or not I call his jam and split the pot or just allow him 12p preserving me from losing another 16p in rake, I tried to ask him why he did such a pointless jam in the first place but couldn't get an answer so was left with the uzzler why he did it in the first place?
    Muscrat Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.84
    buddha69 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.61
      Your hole cards
    • Q

lucask Fold        
    ZZBORT Fold        
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.12 £0.18 £3.46
    Muscrat Fold        
    buddha69 Call   £0.08 £0.26 £3.53
    Flop

• K
    • J
    • Q

buddha69 Check        
    craigcu12 Check        
    Turn

buddha69 Check        
    craigcu12 Check        
    River

• A

buddha69 All-in   £3.53 £3.79 £0.00
    craigcu12 All-in   £3.46 £7.25 £0.00
    buddha69 Unmatched bet   £0.07 £7.18 £0.07
    buddha69 Show
    • A

craigcu12 Show
    • Q

buddha69 Win Straight to the Ace £3.32   £3.39
    craigcu12 Win Straight to the Ace £3.32   £3.32
    If I fold then it's just 12p lost but he gains 10p, if I call then we both lose another 14p

Overll:-£11.06
    cash £3.34
    semi+LR:-£14.40
    edited February 2016
    Today has proven to be a one of those days, my secondry supporting team leicester city look to be getting atleast 1 point only to see the tide turn at the final wistle, then i see spurs get a win against city rather than it being a draw or going to city which based on future fixtures is the team i'd have preferred to win.

Tonight I did some poker but get puzzled as to whether or not the reward accellerator is working and it wasn't long before I knew it was time to call it a day before frustration had it's chance to kick in not because of poker but because of issues with my PC mouse as my wireless one no longer had a working battery and my wired mouse would see a rapid consistant click come when only making a single click

I've still managed to finish as a winnings making 12.19 in nl4 cash, I did try a sat for the semi and an AI sat costing £8.30 so overall i'm £3.89 greater

• yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited February 2016
    Keep pluggin bud. I don't mean leaks, I mean effort. You need to give yourself a chance and I think you might have the game. 
    edited February 2016
    Today I began with a cash session during the noon so that a failure to cash out in my MTTs would not make a loss. The cash session itself didn't have the best of starts and pots were not coming my way, I made a few table swaps after half an hour and fealt as though I wasn't in the correct position against the regs. The trouble I had on my starting tables didn't seem to be as troublesome once I did move and I was able to relax and play untill 5pm then took a break.

I managed to make £13.34 cduring that cash session which was enough to allow entry into semi and DTD1/2/3 without a drop in BR, I was able to get entry into the main event via the semi so I did spend another £5.50 on the mini as well meaning I will end as a loss having not cashed out in any.

As part of the 5 a day I also palyed 5 30pturbo DYM and cashed out in 2 leaving me 20p down in DYM

Overall:-£4.56
    cash::13.34
    MTT:-17.70
    DYM:-20p
    edited February 2016
    nl4 was another good evening and made me £19.03. players leaked a greater number of chips by folding on the turn and donk 2-3BB rather than just 1. 24 hands were able to achieve more than £1 and of those 8 were from loose aggression, 10 were coolers and another 6 didn't even get to showdown.

I finished my nl4 at 9:30 and was hoping to give master cash a go as I had a cold so wouldn't be going out volenteering tomorrow but even with all 4 up I still missed out so I just called it a day knowing I've don't have much time and might risk chasing if a bad beat were to happen.

again i had 5 turbo tables for 5 points and those finished break even (3/5wins)

Overall:£19.03
    edited February 2016

My first session was in the afternoon and got going much quicker I only changed table once and that came when it got heads up between myself and another good nl4 player, I had a disruption mid way caused by internet disconnection but it was back on in minutes and the 6 tables still had me seated. This session’s outcome was £6.57 having profited in 6 of the 7 tables, it was looking to finish in a gloomy way when an AA is beaten by 1010 in a 3way all in spot and making my one table loss get deeper than any of my table wins but thanks to a limp and pure luck I was able to see a flop in BB with 92o and see myself going all in against Q9o on a board 952 Jhhh 9.

Starting off with a number of losses over £1, taking a bit more time to get myself fully relaxed and finishing the session with a loss of 35 and a second one close to being -£2.66, I would still have made twice the profit as I achieve in the earlier session and by making a risky hero call with 99 I won £2.33 (£1.38 was already committed and he had signs of a loose aggressive player) rather than lose £2.66 and have made £17.89.

I remembered the 5 a day promo last minute and have did 5 30p turbo cashing out it 4 of the 5 giving me 50p profit making the evening session finish over £18 and £24.46 over the whole day.

Overall: £24.46

Nl4: £6.57+£17.89

30pDYm:50p

edited February 2016
    I've had a break away from the tables in the last two weeks, I was playing 30p DYMs to gain 5 point that was all.

I decided to start my return with as an MTT night, starting off with an attempt to gain entry into the main event via a semi, for the majority of the time this was looking good but at the very late stage things began to go wrong, I was sitting in 16th of the 30 remaining 23 were getting through but that position wasn't as good as normal due to a quicker drainage of chips from sitting on a 5 seated table, I tried to keep my drainage low but the time delay wasn't enough I attempted to double up but got the exit.

without a main event I was able to make better concentration in DTDs but two still got early exits I was left with DTD2 and finished 12h place I might hve gone better but decided to call a large river bet with a hand I was unlikely to win to make a note of a player's donking min betting.

MTT-£9.14
    edited March 2016
    I didn't get the chance to play much poker last week. The evenings had lots of sport and I didn't feel up to it during the afternoon.

I did fit some poker time in during friday evening and this evening was a long one and finished late so I didn't do the update. The evening kicked off with an attempt to gain entry into the main even via a semi but it wasn't a success. I did toss £3.30 on an orford league which didn't get any attention at all. At the time I played another 5 nl4 tables and my current run in these meant I ignored the orford league. The lobby itself showed most prizes are an equivant to my average win in nl4 and of the two i'v much more confidence in gaining the cash on cash tables.

My cash tables during that period didn't prove a success. I was sitting at a loss of £2.72 and it was clear to see when conbined with the MTT costs. I took a break away from the cash put that period to one side and was able to return in a total cash mode allowing me to win £23.50 meaning I still finished in a profit.

Today I've already taken one cash and made £13.59 and this should be my only cash session because tonight will be an MTT evening. I'll start with the main event semi and even if I don't get into the main event I'll still have the DTD 1,2,3 and might try the mini.
    edited March 2016
    Tonight was expected to be a total night of MTTs but DTD 1 and 3 were going nowhere and a badly timed bluff cost me the chance of making it through DTD 2.

With time available and my confidence high I had one final piece of poker time on some nl4 but that cash session has left me with a nasty hit on a day when I thought he early cash session would ensure no loss. being a totally different dynamic a quick break might have helped out because I had jumped in fairly quickly rather than ajust to the dynamic and get an idea of the table dynamic. As time went on the tables were proving to be a different dynamic to the ones I had during the afternoon and cbetting was a greater risk.

The two sessions combined has lef me -£20.18 but the majority of the loss will come from MTT failure

cash: -£5.78  (£13.59- £19.37)
    MTT:-£14.40
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,802
    edited March 2016
    Yes it is hard to adjust when playing MTT and cash switching, two different beasts.
    edited March 2016
    The timing of the cash session along side the fact I was in a cash poker dynamic means todays poor beginning was certain to still finish as decent night. The general table dynamic of nl4 is a loose passive game and gets villians only making strong bets with monsters but I do get the occassional player attempting to fight back against my aggression and this is usually done post flop but the consistant build up in my bankroll is making the hero call easier. Today me guyover bet jam a paired board twice. The first one did see me fold but on the second occassion when I'm donk overbet jammed on turn JJ 8 10 I decide to  hero call with AA and it proves correct when he turned AQ.

During sky poker TV I decided to play for some fun on MS table against the sky guests The pro was able to get the better of me taking a large chunk with a set. The rec was not so lucky I was lucky to be in position to him most hands and took a few pots away from him including a great pot by semi bluffing a straight draw which I cbet on the turn as an improved pair I make a river all in jam as an attempt to bluff over pairs but it wouldn't have been need in the first place as he held bottom pair+ flush draw.

Overall: £15.71

nl4: £19.60
    nl20 mastercash:-£3.89 ( would have ended -68p but I decide to play KQs at the end and get a flush draw which didn't come round)
    edited March 2016
    Tonight has been an awful night of mistakes and has lost me £29. The time at which I began, 9pm does allow me 2-3 hours of play, the problem comes in how well I start off. I had 6 tables up and 5 of those proved to begin terrible. My 6 table was lucky enough to get itself lucky and managed to reach £15. Had left it at that I might have remained break even but I didn't and that proved costly and things got worse and worse.

During sessions between 6pm and 9pm the tables have been a simple passive one. When I take look back at my overall games I seriously question if these sessions need to be avoided altogether. If i'm have a good run during the early evening I might not have much problem but starting at 9pm can have too big a risk of chasing as I believe it was tonight. The tables do look more aggressive during the evening and if that wasn't enough I myself wan't making i too hard and might have been giving the players chance to call correct pot odds from sheer desperation to get as many calls as a could.
    edited March 2016
    Tonights cash session as a graph would be mostly flat with 2 spikes and 1 curve. It started off in a great way players were getting the cash all in and failed whilst others made a donk jam on the river with total air allowing me more value than epected. 8:30 saw the time change altogether in an hour worth of play I had 2 £1-£1.50 winning hands but 3 £1-£2 hand losses, 1 £2 hand loss, 2 £3+ hand losses and a £4.63 loss. I was certainly in need of a break and get cooled down.

I took a shower before making a final return and being 10:00 I planned to take care with intent of leave right away if things didn't turn round.  The return certainly proved to be a good one and throught out this session only once did i lose over £1 and that came when QQ gets his set putting to go ahead of my KK.

No matter how much bad luck I had during that hour of play today has got to go down as an extremely lucky day because during that final session I'd be expecting premium pairs non stop. Maybe it was due to how much bad luck in that hour I don't know. The biggest story of all came when I'd got dealt QQ in consecutive hands and was able to hit set on both occassions what's better I was able to get 3rd one on the same table just moment later. I even decided to show that one off to the rest!

Hand History #1015369823 (22:46 13/03/2016)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    PJ717 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £6.82
    craigcu12 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.37
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Swinney75 Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £4.37
    BigRedFrd Fold        
    6556pokerp Call   £0.16 £0.38 £2.61
    PJ717 Fold        
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.56 £0.94 £3.81
    Swinney75 Call   £0.44 £1.38 £3.93
    6556pokerp Fold        
    Flop

• Q

craigcu12 Check        
    Swinney75 Bet   £1.38 £2.76 £2.55
    craigcu12 All-in   £3.81 £6.57 £0.00
    Swinney75 Call   £2.43 £9.00 £0.12
    craigcu12 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Swinney75 Show

Turn

River

craigcu12 Win Three Queens £8.32   £8.32

Hand History #1015370198 (22:47 13/03/2016)

craigcu12 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £8.30
    Swinney75 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £0.08
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

BigRedFrd Fold        
    6556pokerp Fold        
    PJ717 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £6.78
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.14 £0.24 £8.16
    Swinney75 All-in   £0.08 £0.32 £0.00
    PJ717 Call   £0.12 £0.44 £6.66
    Flop

craigcu12 Bet   £0.22 £0.66 £7.94
    PJ717 Call   £0.22 £0.88 £6.44
    Turn

• K

craigcu12 Bet   £0.40 £1.28 £7.54
    PJ717 Call   £0.40 £1.68 £6.04
    River

• Q

craigcu12 Bet   £1.26 £2.94 £6.28
    PJ717 Fold        
    craigcu12 Unmatched bet   £1.26 £1.68 £7.54
    craigcu12 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Swinney75 Show

craigcu12 Win Three Queens £1.55   £9.09

Hand History #1015371505 (22:50 13/03/2016)

craigcu12 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £9.03
    Dunker Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

BigRedFrd Fold        
    6556pokerp Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.47
    PJ717 Fold        
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.14 £0.24 £8.89
    Dunker Fold        
    6556pokerp Call   £0.12 £0.36 £2.35
    Flop

• Q

craigcu12 Bet   £0.27 £0.63 £8.62
    6556pokerp Call   £0.27 £0.90 £2.08
    Turn

• J

craigcu12 Bet   £0.68 £1.58 £7.94
    6556pokerp Call   £0.68 £2.26 £1.40
    River

• A

craigcu12 Bet   £1.13 £3.39 £6.81
    6556pokerp Fold        
    craigcu12 Show
    • Q
    • Q

craigcu12 Win   £2.09   £8.90
    craigcu12 Return   £1.13 £0.17 £10.03
    edited March 2016
    That first session was a loss of -£12.99
    the return saw a profit £17.85

Overall: £4.86 

always liked the national athem
    lord save the queen
    edited March 2016
    Today I has been a break even outcome as far as general cash poker is concerned. I began easy and dominated the cash tables meaning I could hve left with a single figure poud profit. 3 hours into the game I saw the table dynamics turn players were getting more aggressive and might have got away some hands whic would have been lossed had I already seen the change coming. I turned over to master cash at 10pm ust to have some fun wih the TV guests.

My period on this table was looking to be in for a high loss and provide the rec guest a win having made top pair and not fall for a river A bluff. Thankfully for myself this wasn't going to end bad when I went up against the rec again and got back what I lost in the last hand as well as the shorter amounts lost earlier.
    HOLLYWHIT Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £36.04
    MBSNTB_JB Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £30.53
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Itsover4u Fold        
    raggy94 Fold        
    PaulNixon Call   £0.20 £0.50 £43.70
    craigcu12 Raise   £1.00 £1.50 £39.00
    HOLLYWHIT Fold        
    MBSNTB_JB Fold        
    PaulNixon Call   £0.80 £2.30 £42.90
    Flop

• K

PaulNixon Bet   £0.80 £3.10 £42.10
    craigcu12 Call   £0.80 £3.90 £38.20
    Turn

PaulNixon Bet   £1.40 £5.30 £40.70
    craigcu12 Call   £1.40 £6.70 £36.80
    River

• A

PaulNixon Bet   £0.80 £7.50 £39.90
    craigcu12 Raise   £6.60 £14.10 £30.20
    PaulNixon Raise   £12.60 £26.70 £27.30
    craigcu12 Call   £6.80 £33.50 £23.40
    PaulNixon Show
    • K

craigcu12 Muck
    • Q
    • Q

PaulNixon Win Two Pairs, Kings and 3s £31.82   £59.12
    Itsover4u Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £34.30
    raggy94 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £50.09
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

PaulNixon Raise   £1.20 £1.50 £63.42
    craigcu12 Raise   £3.90 £5.40 £36.10
    HOLLYWHIT Fold        
    MBSNTB_JB Fold        
    Itsover4u Fold        
    raggy94 Fold        
    PaulNixon Call   £2.70 £8.10 £60.72
    Flop

PaulNixon Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   £4.05 £12.15 £32.05
    PaulNixon Call   £4.05 £16.20 £56.67
    Turn

PaulNixon Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   £8.00 £24.20 £24.05
    PaulNixon Call   £8.00 £32.20 £48.67
    River

• J

PaulNixon Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   £16.40 £48.60 £7.65
    PaulNixon Call   £16.40 £65.00 £32.27
    craigcu12 Show
    • J
    • J

PaulNixon Muck
    • K

craigcu12 Win Full House, Jacks and 4s £63.20   £70.85
    Overall:£11.19
    NL4: 0.76
    mastcash:£10.43
    edited March 2016
    NL4 hasn't been going well. In recent sessions I'm either finishing at the break even mark or going into large loss. I might be heading into a downslide but at the minute i'm ruling that out. I've frequently kept away from the cash tables and went overtime with play during the odd night i'm on.

Yesterday Itsef begun in a bad way. luck wasn't on my side and I started to get into chase. I did pull myself away from the tables before the chasing would start. i made a return after calming down and started in a good way. I should have walked away from the tables making my day finish break even. I decided to remain feeling confident I could build on that cash but it was getting late and some bad luck turned the corner totally making that one finish as a small loss and finish the day £11.17 down

I've had a session tonight and didn't seem to be getting much value from them. The tables had it's limpers but most times it was just a HU or 3 way pot and I wasn't getting the greatest of value from lots of limp callers and large stack losses could be more damaging.

Rather than risk getting into another chase I'm calling an early finish tonight and finish at £1.30 profit

Friday NL4 -£11.17
    Tonight NL4 £1.30