You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary new month new game:
    Thats the outcome of a hand that gets players posting and moaning. In this instance we know the reason.In all the others though.........spooky. I admire you for putting your self in the spotlight each week.Takes balls......or the like.
    Posted by chilling
    revealing my play is one thing but having a very enjoyable time is another only thing missing is anna fowler herself and perhaps borinloner, those live master cash tables were astonishing. general cash games don't have the same enjoyment and I can't see this type of game working on a general cash table it's specially designed to work on tables containing two players battling to see who can get more cash.

I'll be away in augest so dandama162 will be the man and can't see mself free every tuesday once the championship starts. Go team GB and Newcastle united
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary new month new game:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary new month new game :
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary new month new game : The sort of entertainment this table gets, it's hard not to resist playing and what is more fun than a final hand like tonight's. williams announces holding a poor hand live i have confidence in 4betting deeming it more like a general 3bet and see the open raiser go all in. I go on to fold and see the most humorous of boards come. it's hard not to feel sorry for ian simpson. HOLLYWHIT        Yes I am x ,,, but quite easy to see as you forgot to give me an 'x' label on my initial raise Nice fold of your nines #notuwudhavewon and he did say he had a bad hand LOL Sigh SKY river .,,,, fun hand #givehimthewin
    Posted by Boxster

it was like a bet for protection more than anything defend against your broadways. nice jam.
     VUL river, worse hand always wins
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Today i've had a selection of cash sessions along side another period of main event play via entry from the semi, The main event itself lasted just an hour, my hands were poor for the majority of the tournament until the very end when I did a 3bet and saw 2 previous callers now go all in, I had confidence in neither of them holding AA KK or QQ making my hand itself get the odds needed to call decent odds holding a likely flip, tha flip didn't come my way and I was soon out.

In cash I started off around 1pm, The majority of the time I was sharing with a good number of regs and I soon decided to leave thinking it will be best to have a break rather than try and attapt to the current table dynamic. I returned to the table at 4pm and was intending to leaved if anything went wrong. i managed to get a good run going in this session and played for just over an hour before taking a break for tea. The semi was played after tea and I also had a selection of cash games up as well. Most of my focus during this time was set on the semi and it didn't take long before I sat out of te cash to put up he final 6 tables as part of analsis of how close i am to entry.

£4.65 was lost in session 1, £28.40 was won in session 2 whilst session 3 had a loss of £6.47

Overall I'm £10.08
    cash £17.28
    MTT -£7.20
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Today I've just had one very long session of poker beginning with an attempt to get into the main even through the semi.  This event had got off to a decent start but that earl chip prize soon vanished when I called 1500 holding AQ at 100/200 blind level. Not long after that loss I made the chips back up and from this point on i was looking a potential entry until right a the very end when my chip stack was >3bb deep, my chipstack was 2nd shortest overall and looked to see me go through but the shortest stack managed to double up at the very point when I was due to be in the BB, my choice now was either call the all in done by the SB whilst holding Q2o or give it a chanc and see what I could get dealt, I decided to go with the option of folding Q2 and went AI with 104s when sitting in SB and went on to exit.

Now that I failed to make it into the main event I would turn my attention to cash poker. Whilst I had the odd chance to walk away a couple of pound ahead it was looking a fairly break even time in the majority of my night my cash session. Being  11:30pm I was beginning to call it a day but just before calling it a day I would get two great chunks along side a few smaller chunks thanks to a horrid cooler when I goes all in with quads against the very best full house and some loose aggressive players goes all in and runs into a number of my deceptive trapping hands.

Overall £14.82
    nl10 £22.02
    MTT -£7.20

• Options
    edited June 2016
    This weekend I've lost £100 thanks  to more chasing. Saturday night was heading towards a loss of over £60 when I got over reactive to an opponent who had gone super aggressive with a straight draw turned flush draw yet weak passive with a full house. I was in line for a pot just under 300bb thanks getting all in with top set against a weaker set plus his draw, The disappointing thing was he rivered. A few minute later this player had limped in as i was in the BB I got to see a free flop and managed to hit a full house, i made a bet on both the turn and the river holding a full house and didn't really expect to see much it was hen I saw his full house in the hand history that I started to get frustrated thinking to myself what exactly are these people, have they hacked my PC or something. I took a short break before making a return to the tables. I was relaxed when I returned and made a little adjustment to my game, The tables themselves had loose callers on for a very long time and I did make a large chunk of my cash back meanig I finished that night  just one buy ins worth down.

Tongiht I wasn't so lucky, the difference about tonight is that the calling stations weren't on for so late and a c game isn't so good against those who know what they doing. The issue all started when a player beat me (QQ) with Kj winning 60bb thanks to a 3bet AI pre. This action of his came out of nowhere, he'd been playing for a while now and i can't remember him having a bad beat in any of his recent hands so why he did it I don't know. I shuld have got up from the table and walked away that very minute because that KJ would start dominating my mind and mistakes would be coming in which they were, no every hand seem to be losing  and the small winnings or loss turned into a large one. I did walk away from the tables about an hour after that hand thinking the tables were now too tight and during the short break I did pull myself around allowing me to make a return tothe tables and this did prove good to start off with but hat wasn't going to last forever becase calling stations didn' stay on as long as they did saturday, hands were more difficult to play and if I started to get frustrated thinking every hand will lose.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    My frustation and tilt following last nights disgraceful england match I didn't have the chance to update my diary, I could well have updated the diary prior to the england game but was planning to have a final bit of play after the england match finished but knew right away my sheer frustration ould cause masses of mistakes. i might not have been able to play any evening cash but still got a decent amount of time fitted in during the noon with a two hour session from 1pm-3pm and a second 2.5 hour session from 5pm-7:30pm. Both session had managed to make a profit but the vast majority of it came in session one, that session had got off to a great start having won two full stacks very early on in a set over set cool and AKsv KK all in. Session 2 did get a very good early triple up itself when I got all in against both AQ and QQ preflop before hitting the A on the flop and remaining ahead the trouble was I also lost a pot having gone all in with flush+ straight draw which had went ahead on the turn but goes behind again on the river when a 4th spade come giving opponent a better straight. another big loss came when I 3bet AK preflop and call down a doker who pot size donked the flop. In most occassions I might have folded that AK on the flop or turn believing that a split pot is his probably his weakest hand having saw the flop come AQx but had part of my mind on the playing straigh+flush draw and that AK which would achieve the triple up. £26.12 was made (£20.16+£6).

This tuesday nights master cash will be the last of my consistant master cash games because it doesn't actually start until after 11pm by which time I should be in bed. this week was an exception because tomorrow's volenteering work will be done at the site of the office itself therefore I won't miss the mini bus if I got there late (I will aim to get there on time). I made 33.22 in total from this master cash along side brief time on other cash tables and can't ask for a much better wat to see the final hand

I folded that 99 and missed the set but this week I get to see the flop and it's set
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    NChanningSmall blind £0.05£0.05£19.08
    dandama162Big blind £0.10£0.15£23.07
     Your hole cards

gpc70Fold    
    Tony_CCall £0.10£0.25£27.01
    craigcu12Call £0.10£0.35£22.46
    NeuroticCall £0.10£0.45£9.40
    NChanningRaise £0.55£1.00£18.53
    dandama162Call £0.50£1.50£22.57
    Tony_CCall £0.50£2.00£26.51
    craigcu12Call £0.50£2.50£21.96
    NeuroticFold    
    Flop

NChanningBet £3.50£6.00£15.03
    dandama162Fold    
    Tony_CFold    
    craigcu12Call £3.50£9.50£18.46
    Turn

• J

NChanningAll-in £15.03£24.53£0.00
    craigcu12All-in £18.46£42.99£0.00
    craigcu12Unmatched bet £3.43£39.56£3.43
    NChanningShow

craigcu12Show

River

craigcu12WinThree 4s£38.16 £41.59

• Options
    edited July 2016
    In recent weeks I've been getting more active with MTTs mostly semis followed by entry into the main events. Tonight was going to be a MTT night for sure because even if I did miss entry into the main event "which I did only just" I still DTDs to play. The DTDs had a more unusal occurance today because rather than being early exited from DTD1 it was DTD2 which I normally do best in that had the early exit DTD 1 and 3 both saw me get to the very late stages, one thing that didn't change was the failing to cash out in DTD1 when I was consistantly seeing players fold round at times I goes all in but then comes a period where the button 3BB raised and I goes AI 7bb deep holding AJo. DTD 3 did manage to get me some cash having finished in 15th leaving with £4.32 and £10 from the freeroll means I finish MTT night £4.42 up.

Cash poker is starting to become a more common occurance during the noon time because all this MTT time I have during the evening means I have less chance of playing cash. Today was a case of having a 2 hour session mid day and a s2 hour session early noon before getting tea and playing MTTs.  What I like about playing these cash sessions during the noon is they can win me the cash I need to keep my BR up after doing entry into the MTTs and what best about afternoon cash is i'll have low risk of chasing when LAG is all in. £17.78 cash was made today giving me a total winnings of £22.20

MTT £4.42
    cash £17.78
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    evening all.

I've not ha much poker game in me over the course of july will probably continue throughtout augest. I may attempt to play a bit of live MS or the special freerolls which would get points via a few DYMs but nothing much else.

A combination of visits to psycoloist, a mum with mental difficulties and hot evenings mean i'm never really in the right mood for poker.

My mum has had a number of very long epileptic fits in recen months and has got a selection of mental problems too. My brother has had a good XP as a carer and  is working like her next akin so he'll be the one most updated. Whilst my brother is keeping up to date with things I work along side my sister in keeping a close eye on my mum because she lives in the very same street and we do. This is where the hot evenings are bad. I normally sleep best in the cooler evenings, when it's hot I will take longer time to relax and sometimes start thinking too heavily meaning I end up struggling to sleep altogether.

After fighting for 6 years i've finally been able to start getting help from a psycologist ovdr my overly negative youth, being able to start think about positive things rather than negative things and learn how to control my temper. At the minute it's normally a more nevative speech i'll be giving out as I'm trying to explain how much negativity I have in me, this does mean i'm getting a more negitive image of myself in geeral but I do see a positive future.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The last year has been a really quiet one. I was in a horrible run around the time of last thread and became more saddened over the news of no more sky live TV therefore I had a break away from sky poker gaming and just read the forums.  I've been back on sky poker as a regular ever since the story of SPTs returning, I was thinking of reviving my diary then but thought it's a waste of time really because the same story would be repeated daily.

June
    I made my return tosky poker in june  my mian intention was to play nl10p cash, DTDs, semis and the freerolls. The MTTs themselves were all finebut nl10p did not go so well, It was a long time since my previous nl10p gaming, the tables themselves had new players I was also more use to playing full ring tables and using HUDs. I wasn't in the best frame of mind at times therefore tried to gain the daily points totals from DYMs but those weren't doing too much good on my BR either and by the end of the month I switched across to spin up tables. When I first began playing spin ups they looked like a good money maker on one occassion I turned £2 into £38. What I didn't realize so well was the consistant loss of cash in small values, the amount of times even the poorest hands went to river and won and the lack of full value with decent hands were all adding up to a loss overall.They looked like a good cash maker but my view was quickly proven wrong my BR was beginning to drain in very short stacks.

July
    When I went onto nl10 it can with a plan, the plan was to make the money required for the upcoming SPT by making £10-£20 a day givng me enough cash for the SPT come the end of the month. Week 1 had started off quite well having made £100 but that all changed on friday, that day was a day filled with bad beats and sickeners, this problem looked to continue through into saturday and then my own personal mistakes, mistakes I thought were bad luck. 
    Week 2 I knew something was wrong that monday I had a read through some of the notes i've done from the mental game of poker book and had a deep evalutation of that weekend's hand history when I was in a more relaxed and thoughtful way. I put that weekend to one side and revised my target tuesday morning, my aim now was to try and get the money I'd need if I were to entry the tournament through direct entry whilst I took the rest of my cash out of my general income. All I would need to make dailyly now was £10 and in multi tabling terms it would be £2.50 per table, because the aim was so low my game play at the time was so much more relaxing, I read the board well had more  wasn't as desprate to get a full stack with good but vunerable hands and not as fuss when the likes of sets were not getting the callers I want post flop. Playing as played and with targets of just £10 a day my poker game was alot better than previously played, their was the odd monment where I was looking to be in a loss but those losses didn't last long on one occassion I was left really sickened and would have been in tilt for a few days in the past but not this time all it needed was a warm relaxing bath to help calm me down and I returned to the cash tables as though nothing happened.
    The target itself was reached around the 25th of july I was adivsed to take the cash out now and did.

SPT
    My main aim was a direct buy in to the SPT but I was on the verge of getting entry into the SPT via an AI sat, what happened was I gained entry into the semi from that all in sat and made it all the way to the bubble my stack at this moment in time was excellent two players had stacks very short in size and I was thinking one of them would have made an exit but unfortunately one of them had doubled up and I made what most would say was a bad call to help the other short stack double up. The worst thing was I myself was now the short stack and it was not long before I myself was out. The sheer excitment of SPT itself and the shock of how the exit happened did make me tilt but thanks to some advice from others the next day I was able to pull myself around.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    The SPT money is now in my wallet, My suitcase itself is now fully packed, my train ticket and hotel are booked all that's left is the tournament entry itself, I'm look forward to meeting the sky community and will make daily undate of how the SPT itself was.

SPT HEAR I COME
  • Options
    gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 148
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 My first ever SPT tour:
    The SPT money is now in my wallet, My suitcase itself is now fully packed, my train ticket and hotel are booked all that's left is the tournament entry itself, I'm look forward to meeting the sky community and will make daily undate of how the SPT itself was. SPT HEAR I COME
    Posted by craigcu12
    Good luck, hope you have a blast ��
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 My first ever SPT tour:
    The SPT money is now in my wallet, My suitcase itself is now fully packed, my train ticket and hotel are booked all that's left is the tournament entry itself, I'm look forward to meeting the sky community and will make daily undate of how the SPT itself was. SPT HEAR I COME
    Posted by craigcu12
    Look forward to meeting you Craig.
  • Options
    darrentinodarrentino Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2017
    Well done Craig and good luck!
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited August 2017
    Good luck, try not to tilt and enjoy yourself, hope you run well!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    day 1 of the SPT was a good one. I've made it all the way through to day 2 the chip stack currently stands at 50bb deep.

My game before the first break was poor. I got abit too loose at times attempting to defend my blind and cbetting  when I should have folded. My game after the break improved a lot more, I put more thought into my game and waited patiently for the good hands to come. The hand which really changed my stack was KK. I raised pre and got one caller the flop itself was AK4r I myself ch the flop and the opponent bet 4000. I make the call with my set intending to ch/AI turn the turn card itself was an A making me a bit more cautious of my hand. The board itself was ch round on the turn and river card was A, I myself be 5000 and was raised to 18000 putting me in a difficult spot. I had a thought about my hand thinking whether or not my FH was gonna be beaten by FH Aces before sigh calling aand it was a winning call because his hand was 444AA.

My stack was now doubled up and things continued to grow. I stole a number of pots from semi bluffing and made a lot of chips from a flopped set in a 3bet pot, one thing which did surprise me in this situation was the player Cbet folds the flop based on the recent semi bluffs which I showed  I was thinking he's call my raise on flop

I made a switch onto a new table at the late stage of D1 and that switch was good. I started off on this table pulling a double barrel bluff when I turned state draw. I then won a short stack by flopping trips I won another nice pot doing a help call on river with mid pair before knocking out another player thanks to my lower ace hitting a straight.

Overall day one I enjoyed meeting the sky community and my chip stack itself was great
  • Options
    COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2017
    GL with day 2 Craig - run golden.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 2017
    Nice stack for day2! 

Great to hear you are having a good time, and gl for tomor.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Day 2 has been a bit disappointing. I forgot to bring my passport therefore couldn't play cash poker instead  tried to have an attempt to build stack and get a bounty but my play today was way to loose and I've gained an early exit. Tomorrow I aim to play my very best see if I can pass the bubble. If I do win a cash prize I can easily get a train to Manchester and back
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited August 2017
    Gl Craig was nice meeting you yesterday
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    thanks all, Looking forward to it. If I get past bubble or even to FT great if not still great because I've got what I wanted most and that is meeting the community.