You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited March 2016
    Today nl4 cash was great. I had a session during the noon in an attempt to get an early cash prize which would enable entry into semi and DTDs without a loss. A better andless unluck day did allow me the sum and it came with a royal flush make it the second royal flush in 2 months (didn't hit the first one as i'd folded the hand pre).

I made 12.22 cash making MTT fees already doe but these fees did feel like wasted cash.  The hand which got me down just 42 chips was probably down to my own mistake making 3bet AI on turn. A selection of consistant double ups did allow this stack to recharge into 4K but this chipstack wasn't going to last too long when lose play made it drop down again. DTD 1 wasn't a very good MTT itself, a few mistakes caused my stack to drain down and just as DTD2 began I was out DTD 1. Rather than continue DTD 3 I choose to call it an end at the exit of DTD 1 and gave up on DTD2 right away.

whilst I do enjoy the DTDs from next week onwards I'll keep out DTD 2 until last minute registration meaning I can keep out if DTD 1 goes on like it did tonight because mr BR is still low in terms of MTT fees and 3-6 mondays worth of nl4 cash will get what i'd get for 1st place in DTD 2 or 3.
  • BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary:
    Rather than continue DTD 3 I choose to call it an end at the exit of DTD 1 and gave up on DTD2 right away. whilst I do enjoy the DTDs from next week onwards I'll keep out DTD 2 until last minute registration meaning I can keep out if DTD 1 goes on like it did tonight because mr BR is still low in terms of MTT fees and 3-6 mondays worth of nl4 cash will get what i'd get for 1st place in DTD 2 or 3.
    Posted by craigcu12

Craig .. not only do I disagree with this but can't understand. What is the size of your bankroll?

SKY are supporting the Monday DTD and if everybody thought like you then most would not complete all 3 therefore the league would be miniscule and SKY would think, why do we support this.

You are reg on Tuesday around 10pm at many mastercash cash tables and your bankroll does not allow you to support all the three DTD games ???

edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary : Craig .. not only do I disagree with this but can't understand. What is the size of your bankroll? SKY are supporting the Monday DTD and if everybody thought like you then most would not complete all 3 therefore the league would be miniscule and SKY would think, why do we support this. You are reg on Tuesday around 10pm at many mastercash cash tables and your bankroll does not allow you to support all the three DTD games ???
    Posted by Boxster
    I'm probably not suited to MTTs at the minute. Most days I'm going onto cash tables, being set up with games  consistently against short stacks, rarely having to gamble a full stack in the all in spots and can reload chips everytime I do lose.
     An MTT gets me starting off with equal stacks will see me in lots more spots against larger stacks, my mind is just not up for it, I start questioning my chipstack and chase for chips
    I do register onto lots of master cash at 10pm but I only actually play the one containing the sky TV guests. The reason for that is because it's got 2 players who will make leaks and lose chips because of the determination to be ahead. Even the pro frequently says he'd not normally call the hands he has done in that 45 minute session and you can see from those calls by paul nixon just how much value you can make.
    edited March 2016
    Today had another good session on nl4 and was roughly break even during my 45 minute MTT session against the guests. nl4 itself din't have any real talking points. 7 of 10 tables came out with greater big blinds 1 of which got 125BB. I was stunned to see a person go all in on a board AKQJ10. I myself had commited 7.5 BB meaning a fold would have lost more blinds than rake lost from calling.

I had another bit of fun with the 2 sky poker TV guests on the 45 minute master cash session and again I give the rec some aggressive bullying. I did have one cooler against th pro and got away cheaply by playing KK in a deceptive way rather than 4betting pre before getting it's stack all in against AA. This won me £1.62. My general bankroll should me I keep away from master cash but I put an exception here due to the number of leaks these guests make, i'll be unlikely to get up against the rest of the table and it's only 45 minutes.

Overall:£12.87
    nl4: £11.25
    MSnl20: £1.62
    edited March 2016

Did everyone put clock forward? I certainly forgot, it wasn’t until 9pm actual time that I realized my clock was wrong. Putting the clock forward at the time it was done made me get a little less confident over my moves. The tables themselves were picking up with aggression and due to the time I felt as if I needed to be more aware and cautious of my aggression. I finish my session just after 10pm following the 3 cash wins in a row (58p, 76p and £1.06) and making a total prize of £7.10.  

The villains more loose aggressive style of play might have been one reason to call it a day but hand history might say it was more of a quiet more fit folding type tonight. 8 pots won me £1+ and 8 pots lost £1+, 3 of each involved me sitting in the blind and going in against a monster hand held by villain.  I had 8 pots with £1+ won and 8pots with £1 loss. During the early stages I did miss out the one chance an AA would be ahead when 32p was min raised by a player and second player goes £1.64 all in resulting in me folding AA. The board at this time was 996, 2 players were in and without much known yet I fold. The min raise had J6 and the all in guy held 65.

Overall £7.10
    edited March 2016
    Today 2 long cash sessions has turned into 4 shorter sessions. The session began at 12pm and was intended to go on until 3pm but got stopped short and needed a break. I began in a very good way but that run only took seconds to go bad. The tables were dominated by donks and overbet jams leaving me in awkward positions with the top pair and over pairs. I took a short break away from tables and begun some new tables. The second period still had it's aggressive players meaning I would get into more awkward spots but thankfully my hands which were ahead would remain ahead more frequently ensuring the big losses were not to stack up.

I took a break away from the tables on a high and decided to make a return for an evening session. It was a session intended to last from 6pm-10pm but required another break due to lots of big pot losses.My focus during this part of the session was clearly not up to its full self on guy was able to over bet jam full house and gets me to call the A high flush thing I was sure to be ahead. nut flush might look a standard call in the first place but on replay this person played the full house face up and had I realize it was paired I would have certainly folded that overbet jam. Like the noon session I again took a short break got new tables and from doing this I had what was my best point by far. This session had the easiest of table dynamics. I finished the night with all 6 tables making cash, this cash still wasn't enough to make a win but the great thing was it made a bad looking time turn good.

Overall: -£3.83
    noon nl4:- £6.66 (-£11.76+£5.10)
    evening £2.83 (-£8.45+£11.28)
    edited March 2016
    Today has been a bad day. I began the noon in a good way gaining pots and consistantly building up my stacks but then things turned ugly. Players were taking gambles and shipping large stacks with under pairs putting my full stck at risk of loss with hands like top pair and over pair. I could have taken the option to wallk away with what every cash I did have but remained on and this proved to be costly. top pairs and over pairs went behind on a number of occassions and tihs all added up along side those situations where I was already behind and not hitting the broadway cards.

As it's such a bad loss i'm calling it a day and won't be playing that TV mastercash table mean my day has finished -£17.49

edited March 2016
    It might not look  much in the general eye but based on the overall dynamic of nl4, I feel as though i'm getting into a down swing on nl4.
    Tonight I was on the verge of finishing the night a few pound down and sitting onthe end of a sickening river when I get all in with AJ against a J6 holding trip jacks and see him get the 6 on the river. A few moments later J10 thought an over bet  jam with J10 would wrk on me holding JQ on Q55  7 board but it failed providing me an extra £1.76, I also got a double up with agains an AQ who went aggressive pre. I left both these tables the minute the hands fnished and it was just moment later I retrieved some of that cash lost against J6 with a more sucessful AJ.

My night has still finished down but rather than being pounds down it's ended up pennies down.

Overall -83p
    edited April 2016

Recent days I’ve been away from the tables due to an anxious and stressful mood. This mood wasn’t poker related I just didn’t want to risk taking that mood into my poker game given my current time in that.

My return tonight was a case of good tables very good and bad tables very bad as the majority of them finished large in loss or win.  One table saw a number of big losses from coolers and cost me -£8.62 so I exchanged tables meaning the big loss would be unknown. A second table lost £4 and this time it was more about bad luck than coolers I normally got it in well but that didn’t work out well and allowed a selection of small stacks to double. Today’s session of big losses were not going to mean big loss to finish as I did get 3 tables achieving over £6 winnings and like the big losses these too were sometime getting switched afterwards meaning Those high losses wouldn’t be noticed in my BR drop at all.

Overall I made £3.65 but my finishing total will be £2.95 as I added an extra 70p onto my free MTT token enabling me to try 1 main event AI sat.

edited April 2016

My overall day has finished in double figures for the first time in days and was a case of one session with fit or fold and another session of keeping my game dynamic going whilst having the interuptions

My first one would last between 1pm-4pm.  The table dynimics in his session were far more passive than the recent ones the only time a large pot came from a LAG was when a person shipped Q6o he got victory against my 1010 but that cash was returned back to me the very next hand when his shove with 55 lost the flip against my AQ. One table did stand out easily from the other 4 whilst a second one was standing out a short while until a person lost out doing a jam with K10 against me with A2 on riv A24 2 K. That one which had the K10 jam did change following what happened in that hand but the second one was certainly a more aggressive. I had the feeling this table was leaking cash easily but that didn’t prove to be the case. I had to reload a total of £9.02 and had it not been for my AK getting a double up against QQ this table would have seen loss over £10.

My evening session was a session which tells me that down swing was not a down swing at all but more a case of not being in the right shape of mind. Things began in a great a humorous way when somebody decides to make a few comments about me folding against a player who 3bet jammed. This player did soon get his wish when I call an all in jam holding JJ. The humorous side was not only the fact I won the pot but also seeing him go all in second later and lose. Mid way into my session I did become distracted from my game and had to take a short break meaning I had a short spell of losses whilst readjusting. This short spell of losses wasn’t that severe and as a whole I might have given this session a double figure finish had it not been for a few very late heavy losses.

Overall: £13.85 (8.24+5.61)

edited April 2016

I’ve had a selection of sessions today beginning at 1:30pm.  My plan was to play until 4pm unless things started going wrong. The funny thing was my session did begin to go wrong and force me to finish at 4pm. I was sitting about £8 up at 3:30pm and then came the horror. First up  was a spot where I'm 3bet jammed on a 3 diamond flop, I myself was holding QQd and had notes already that he shoves loose, The call did reveal to be correct as he turned Ad8 the trouble was I didn’t remain ahead therefore lost £5.56. The next damage came when my aggressive line with AK didn’t succeed. I was intending to just call it but changed my mind last minute and doing this left me another £3.80 down thanks to opponent’s QQ. Now I knew for sure it would be my final round so took the final free cards before sitting out in the BB. One of those hands dealt at this time was KQ. This hand was going to be played calm but getting trips meant I would call a large bet with greater confidence of being ahead and that was correct until the river when the opponents KJ got his J to go ahead of my KQ. This session could have won me £8.41 but a sickening end means I finished £4.11 down.

I can that sickening end of my first session to one side having had the start I had in my early evening session. First up came two decent pots thanks to a bit of Ch/C when one guy tried to steal the pot away with IP bluffing when I ch turn, the second Ch/c was when a player did a flush draw semi bluff on flop and then tried attempted a river bluff having missed it. A 3rd player had awarded me his full stack when middle pair got played over aggressive what he didn’t know was I held 2 pair at the time. The Lag didn’t stop there next up I got 2 preflop all ins thanks to an AKv AJ and QQv KJ. The session went on for 2 hours but had those hands went wrong it would have lasted just minutes. £11.58 was made

After another short break I returned to the cash tables again with intention to play the live master cash table. The nl4 tables were fairly passive most way through and my stacks saw little change, the very end of that time did see one suprise when I got myself the full stack from a player who held 84 two pair and called a 4bet jam on the board J10 4 9 8. Mastercash itself didn’t manager to go ahead because the lobby failed to update therefore I missed out the table that held the guests.

That last period finished with £8.70 and my overall winnings is £16.17.

edited April 2016
    Today has had one session and that session was never going to be totally calm. Might as well call it a one best suited to 1 tabling because of just 1 player. This player showed everything of a maniac, he was consistantly having a short period of LAG before switching across onto another table. At first I thought he was just going to play it at one table then finish but 30 mins in I saw him chat into a chat box and decided to look up player and it revealed him sitting on another table.  I knew now easy cash was about therefore my attention was turned away from the other cash tables and became a chase. Havig this maniac chasing might not have done be as good a job as I thought because The other tables had already leaft me in a loss and chasing the maniac wasn't that good itself because he might have been an LAG but he wasn't as certain to get the full stack in pre.

overall -£8 (estimate had lots of table switching)
    edited April 2016
    Finishing a day in a way i've just done can only mean one thing tonights tables were extremely loose and jam packed with calling stations.

Calling stations are great value in the long run but in the short run they can be costly. These tables might have lots of loose callers but it's been years since the tables were as loose as this. Hands like AK or AQ had to hit and if they didn't well you'd be left with the question do we make a cbet, ch/C or just Ch/F because bluffs were sure to be high risk against the calling stations and one problem these calling stations did have was a bit of aggression. At £16.14 down I took the break and had a bit of think about my game. I hought seriouslyabout the final 30 minutes and thought of ways in which I should change my game.

On my return I was intending to just put what ever damage had happened to a minimum and scrap it if my return remains poor but never was I expecting to see the return come out with the cash prize it did! Was it table selection, was it just great play or  was it just great luck? Whatever it was that happened it certainly provided me with an astonishing come back. i certainly believe part of it was down to getting the chance to share the table with someone one tilt because this guy alone provided me over 3/4 of a £16 cash prize I achieve on one table. I might expect to reach double figure profits on most occassions but a profit of £35.16 is like a one off.

Overall £21.17

NL4 -£16.14+£35.91

I also won £1 in  the freeroll and £1.80 from russian roulette having used £2.30 token then made a second entry using half of the first win+ I tried one LR semi sat.
    edited April 2016
    Today i've had another good BR increase but the majority of it is from MTT rather than cash.

My choice of grand national horses didn't provide me any cash in the race but a grand national freeroll  cash prize of £20 means the £21 I lost in bets has been reduced to just £1. A triple up with JJ had got me a cipstack that was sure to see me pass the bubble allowing £2. Due to ithe speed of blind increases all in was going o be the standar of the game meaning luck really neeeded to be on my side and it was, Igot tripled up with AK winning the flip against 55 and 66 then came a double up with K4 v A6 mean I was now getting towardsthe upper end of the cash prizes reward and a final triple up with A2 allow me enough chips to get past the £20 bubble.

Tonights nl4 cash would see me get cash prizes in a different direction to it's recent ones. I first at 7pm playing at 6:15pm and had a decent start putting myself up £7.34. I took a break at 8pm before making a return but n my return it was a diferent story altogether. I did finish this session £1.49 but part of that was thanks to 65s getting tself a straight flush running into a nut flush. The players own actuions would have lost me much from a general flush because he just min raised 20p but as another loss I would have left the l table right away rather than attempt to make a couple more pennies.

Overall £28.83

Nl4 cash £7.34+£1.49
    MTT freeroll £20
    edited April 2016

A win of £4 using my token used on an AI HU and a£4.26 lost in a dull sky poker live Ms session packed with junk is all i’ve had to report from recent days.

The return itself has been a real mixture of cash gaming beginning at 12:25 when I chose to include 1nl8p table along side 5 nl4. Being so early meant table selection was limited 7 nl4 tables were being used but 2 f those tables had a number of chipstacks more than twice the size my starting stack. Rather than get straight onto those tables I took a look at nl8 and noticed one of those tables consisted of chipstacks under £6, I made £6.20 on that table and a good chunk of it was thanks to a limped pot giving me a full house against trips.

The evening had a mixture of different cash tables alongside free rolling.  During the period of freerolls I had 3 sky poker nl4 cash along side 1 888 poker 7 card stud table. Just 30 minutes  in The sky poker cash games were already doing great so I called an end to sky poker cash right away and decided to give poker star cash a try. It’s been a few months since I last played poker stars cash and saw tonight as a great chance of having enough time to play standard whilst having a decent cash prize on sky poker. I had 4 pokerstars cash tables going and knew the aggressive factor would be easy after the amount of aggreesion I had during recent weeks of sky nl4p and that just so happened to be the case. After just 355 hand the graph on holdem manager would see both my showdown and non-showdown cash totals get into profits and not once did they return back into the negative area. I made myself $35.10  ending what was a great day of poker. I did lost $5 on 888 don’t feel too fussed about that at all because 888 is just pure fun and hasn’t got very much BR at all

Overall £25.15 +$3510

Nl4p £17.95

Nl8p £6.20

MTT freeroll £1

Pokerstars nl10 $35.10

edited April 2016
    yesterday had seen a collection of bad periods of nl4 cash, bingo like thmes were happening preflop and donking was a common theme post flop. I made a numbr of breaks to think through my game but it still wasn't seeming to work for awhile.  I did finally manage to turn things around during my final 2 hours of a session but overall it was stll a big loss.

One positive thing that final session turn around did have was allowing me the confidence to play what was a sky poker live game of pure fun some of the things I'd do in that live session would never been seen in the normal game. I was amazed when K2 would win value from the celeb caller when my who intention was to double bluff the board AK10 Jccc 2. I could have finished the night at £50+ but the celeb came back at me dropping my cash back down to 45.

Overall: -£20.37
    micro stakes cash-£25.10
    MS £4.73
    edited April 2016
    Today's cash tables have been a mixture of poker stars cash and sky poker cash. I begun the day with some poker stars cash, this cash didn't go very at all and the end of that session I was sitting £47 down. One thing I begun to think was that poker stars cash tables consist of tight fish, these guys were bad with blind defence and my stack would be built up from masses of small pots and very weak  aggression.

This theory Was tested in the evening when I diverted down to just 2 poker stars cash tables and gone down to 4 sky poker cash. Most my focus during this period was on sky poker cash all I did on the other one was take quick peek at my hand when it was my turn to act. My first attempt at this theory has shown signs working having made $15 during that period. The extra focus on sky poker tables didn't help these cash table get a decent run but I did notice my mistakes more easily.

Overall£1.65  -$32.18

Sky nl4-£2.11
    skynl8 £3.76
    pokerstars was -$47.18 but dropped down to -$32.18 after giving my theory a try.
    edited April 2016
    Tonight I've finished at a loss but my overall play would say it was a case of some unfortunate bad side to coolers because my overall cash game on sky was great.  I made cash prizes on 3 of my 4 tables and might say to myself I shold have jjust walked away as soon as the tables had doubled stacks because had I done so then I would have been finishing on a cash prize instead I'll have to finish 81p down.

I've made 81 loss but overall I consider tonight a good night having made cash prizes on 3 of the 4 tables
    edited April 2016
    today has been a story of U turns. My club "Newcastle united" recover from being 2-0 down one minute to finis 2-2 and get level on points with sunderland. my sky poker cash night looks to have been heading for a loss but gets some nice last minute wins and I finish the cash session almost level with what I had to begin.

During the majority of the evening I was 4 tabling sky poker and 2 tabling poker stars. poker stars itself went fine all the way through and came out $24 greater meaning I've made up a $25 loss I made from a frustrating night yesterday. I left pokerstar cash early and  for the majority of my remaining time I was 4 tabling on sky. For my final hour I was about £3 down and thought maybe a couple table switches and adding 2 more might help, this was planned with intention of calling it a day if I were to lose 25bb+ in a single spot  and had no very good stack won. When I chose to do it I knew my day would be a decent one because even if I were to lose another £4 I've still got that $24 won from poker stars cash. I was about to call an end when I expect 1010 to have lost on the board 775 A Jssss but he turned 86 meaning I was still ahead even with 4 spade board.

Overall 15p+$24.07
    nl8 -£2.64
    nl4 £2.79
    pokerstars nl$10 :$9.97
    pokerstars nl$5 $14.10

edited April 2016
    I've had two poker sessions this afternoon both of which came out well. I began with some poker stars nl$10 and came out $19.26 better off. Something tells me I had chosen the right tables in this session because I had colour coded a number of players as loose ones and allowed me to get full value with a river overbet jam, one guy even decided to Ch/R then call A4 on flop QJ10 and great thing for me and QQ was he missed.

Due to all the value I had called an end to poker stars and shifted across onto sky poker cash before leicester city match. In the past i've been playing 6 tables but that could be changing now, I'm still intending to have 6 tables up but only 4 of them will be sky cash the other 2 will be poker stars cash where HUDs and time bank enable me to put more focus onto the sky poker cash and step up in stakes. I'm not going away from nl4 all i'll do is divide the table selection amounst both nl4 and nl8 which is just what I did today when I had 2 nl4p and 2 nl8 and finished with a profit from each of them making a total sky win of £10.15

I was intending to have an evenig cash session on sky but changed my mind at the last minute and looked through HUD HH to help define which villians are good. I did attempt an 888 poker freeroll but didn't cash out.

My current BR on 888 poker is $0.10 but I'm attempting to build that up from it's freerolls and will start to try and build it up more on nl2 cash once I get a few dollars.

Pokerstars cash $19.26
    sky cash £10.15