You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : how can you be board ? well done on the cashes
    Posted by stokefc

TBH Theirs more to it that just that. Taking into account ?BRM the majority of MTTS are gonna cost no more than £5.50 the only exceptions to that are semis and sunday's mini. The thing about most these £5.50 MTTs is I can make a great amount of money playing cash than I would gain from passing the bubble. My intention n these is to try and impove my game in the mid to late stage of tournaments.

Today I had 2 general MTTs along side the semi and some ll in sat. I also played 2 nl20 cash tables along side the MTT and my decision making in that time went very well. I don't have much to say about the £1K BH except I was drawing dead for most of it, The mini on the other hand was different I was going very well with a chip stack sitting around the average mark. I was 30BB deep at the 200/400 when I went out having 3bet called as JJ. 3bet/F might have been a better option because my stack would have still remained 20BB deep and the image of this player was tight.

When I exited the tournament I chose to remain on cash because my chipstacks on both tables were very good but those chipstacks were about to take a drop. I coudl have left the cash tables following that but thought of doing a trial, I had a number of DYMs up alongside a timed tournament and fullily enough my game on the cash became good again.The overall cash poker was simular story to friday when I did poor during a pure run of nl10p cash but was great when playing on 1 nl20p alongside the tournaments. 

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : TBH Theirs more to it that just that. Taking into account ?BRM the majority of MTTS are gonna cost no more than £5.50 the only exceptions to that are semis and sunday's mini. The thing about most these £5.50 MTTs is I can make a great amount of money playing cash than I would gain from passing the bubble. My intention n these is to try and impove my game in the mid to late stage of tournaments. Today I had 2 general MTTs along side the semi and some ll in sat. I also played 2 nl20 cash tables along side the MTT and my decision making in that time went very well. I don't have much to say about the £1K BH except I was drawing dead for most of it, The mini on the other hand was different I was going very well with a chip stack sitting around the average mark. I was 30BB deep at the 200/400 when I went out having 3bet called as JJ. 3bet/F might have been a better option because my stack would have still remained 20BB deep and the image of this player was tight. When I exited the tournament I chose to remain on cash because my chipstacks on both tables were very good but those chipstacks were about to take a drop. I coudl have left the cash tables following that but thought of doing a trial, I had a number of DYMs up alongside a timed tournament and fullily enough my game on the cash became good again.The overall cash poker was simular story to friday when I did poor during a pure run of nl10p cash but was great when playing on 1 nl20p alongside the tournaments. 
    Posted by craigcu12
    Not sure I agree with you here. Min cashing won't compare with a good session on the cash tables but you're looking at £80+ for taking down a £500 BH and a fairly decent return for making the ft. Certainly enough incentive to not get bored and focus. If I was you and you're serious about giving mtts a proper go, then I would spend a session playing Mtts only and play as many tables as you can handle. This will help with the boredom whilst increasing your chance of getting a good return.

At the minute, I get the impression that you don't know which format you really want to commit to. But you make playing Mtts sound like a chore, thinking you could be sat on the cash tables making much more etc. That's the wrong mindset to be entering a Mtt with. You need to be fully committed with the intention of winning the tournament everytime you play. As long as you're playing well within your BR (which you are) then min cashing shouldn't even come into the equation. Enjoy yourself and play to win mate. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : Not sure I agree with you here. Min cashing won't compare with a good session on the cash tables but you're looking at £80+ for taking down a £500 BH and a fairly decent return for making the ft. Certainly enough incentive to not get bored and focus. If I was you and you're serious about giving mtts a proper go, then I would spend a session playing Mtts only and play as many tables as you can handle. This will help with the boredom whilst increasing your chance of getting a good return. At the minute, I get the impression that you don't know which format you really want to commit to. 
    Posted by waller02
    I am aiming to become an MTT player. The reason for playing alot of cash tables is I'm not yet fully up to speed with the mid and late stages. I've only really started playing BH frequently in the last few weeks before then it was just the semis and DTDs. I'm gonna watch a live session this weekend, as a pro he'll play alot a loose game, I'll pay good attention to how he plays the likes onnector cards and weaker aces good as well as building up and keep his stack good. I'll still be a long way from his strength but it should give me a better idea of building up the stack without being over reliant on the easy to play hands.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : I am aiming to become an MTT player. The reason for playing alot of cash tables is I'm not yet fully up to speed with the mid and late stages. I've only really started playing BH frequently in the last few weeks before then it was just the semis and DTDs. I'm gonna watch a live session this weekend, as a pro he'll play alot a loose game, I'll pay good attention to how he plays the likes onnector cards and weaker aces good as well as building up and keep his stack good. I'll still be a long way from his strength but it should give me a better idea of building up the stack without being over reliant on the easy to play hands.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Good luck Craig. Try playing like you did that night you got to HU with moorman, probably a good place to start. I'm sure you'll win many tournaments if you put your heart into it. Enjoy your posts mate and look forward to seeing how the Mtts pan out for you.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : Good luck Craig. Try playing like you did that night you got to HU with moorman, probably a good place to start. I'm sure you'll win many tournaments if you put your heart into it. Enjoy your posts mate and look forward to seeing how the Mtts pan out for you.
    Posted by waller02
    I do wish I could go back over the hand histories of that tournament to see for myself just how good I performed. I tried looking over the tournament which I had recently final tabled but the majority of those wins came from easy post flop play or all in pre flop wins.

Tonight I played 4 and early exited 4. Now that I'm aiming to win tournaments it's became a bit harder, I'm gonna start writing down the hand ID of ever hand I played and do some deep analsis each afternoon.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : I do wish I could go back over the hand histories of that tournament to see for myself just how good I performed. I tried looking over the tournament which I had recently final tabled but the majority of those wins came from easy post flop play or all in pre flop wins. Tonight I played 4 and early exited 4. Now that I'm aiming to win tournaments it's became a bit harder, I'm gonna start writing down the hand ID of ever hand I played and do some deep analsis each afternoon.
    Posted by craigcu12

Its not that hard to find the I.D. craig, ill post a video over the next few days on how to do this .
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : I am aiming to become an MTT player. The reason for playing alot of cash tables is I'm not yet fully up to speed with the mid and late stages. I've only really started playing BH frequently in the last few weeks before then it was just the semis and DTDs. I'm gonna watch a live session this weekend, as a pro he'll play alot a loose game, I'll pay good attention to how he plays the likes onnector cards and weaker aces good as well as building up and keep his stack good. I'll still be a long way from his strength but it should give me a better idea of building up the stack without being over reliant on the easy to play hands.
    Posted by craigcu12

Wouldn't it be more efficient to ditch the cash tables and play a boat load of MTTs so you get more deep runs and thus more practice at those parts?

Also, IMO if one wishes to make a good go at MTTs, one needs to put in a lot of volume. Even the best players in the world can lose over 1000+ games or not cash for dozens in a row. Glgl with the quest! :)

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : I do wish I could go back over the hand histories of that tournament to see for myself just how good I performed. I tried looking over the tournament which I had recently final tabled but the majority of those wins came from easy post flop play or all in pre flop wins. Tonight I played 4 and early exited 4. Now that I'm aiming to win tournaments it's became a bit harder, I'm gonna start writing down the hand ID of ever hand I played and do some deep analsis each afternoon.
    Posted by craigcu12
    I got a e-mail from Poker Tube this morning offering free places in a poker mind coach academy open house, I think you get it free up to Friday. If its any good to you.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player : I got a e-mail from Poker Tube this morning offering free places in a poker mind coach academy open house, I think you get it free up to Friday. If its any good to you.
    Posted by rabdeniro
    This would be excellent, If it's what I think it is I wouldn't even mind paying a monthly contract. The poker mind has always been my biggest issue so an academy which will help improve my mental game could help me make a huge leap forward.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    My MTT performance today has ended much better than it did yesterday. I played in 4 BH along side both the semi and LR semi. I started off in the £500BH at 5:30 and managed to cash out £17.89. I did have a stack with potential to make it all the way onto the final table until a larger stack was placed to my left, my stack building in this tournament involved lots of blind stealing and taking down the pot post flop with semi bluffs and river bluff, the easiest part of it was the rest of the table was filled with short stacks therefore most times I was able to play like a bully.

The £1K BH at 6:30 along side both the semis and the £500 BH at 8 didn't have much success at all, I did win a very large stack at the start of the £500 BH but that was soon messed up through a big loss when AK lost to a 42s which decided to 3bet call pre and hit.

Getting the earl exits in those two did leave me more time to put full focus on the mini but that didn't really need much attention at all. I was only ever playing hands which had two broad way cards for the vast majority of the tournament because those hands were coming non stop, at one point I had been dealt 6 hands in a row which cotained 2 broadway cards, The amount of times I would be raising preflop made my table image look like a seriously LAG one person was so frustated he twice did a large 3bet all in, the first hand saw me go in s AKs against QJs and he won but on a later occassion he was no so lucky when he was all in with K10 running into  AJo and losing to a staight. My game by the end of the tournament started to dry up now I was getting alot of very raggy hands so the origal very large chip stack became a more average one, I did make it to the final table and finished in 6th place when my luck run out having gone all in with AJ running into 1010 and losing the flip but overall the poker gods must have been on my side having finished the tournament with £49.84+ 39.68 from 12 heads and which is a new record as far as head prizes go

This was the hand which sums up how annoyed the BB was with me stealing blinds thanks to all those decent hands.
    Boo141Small blind 500.00500.002365.00
    zBig blind 1000.001500.0033669.37
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

mrweeveFold    
    tuc009Fold    
    Keyser05Fold    
    craigcu12Raise 2000.003500.0046462.75
    Boo141Fold    
    zAll-in 33669.3737169.370.00
    craigcu12Call 32669.3769838.7413793.38
    zShow
    • K

craigcu12Show
    • J
    • A

Flop

• Q
    • K

Turn

River

craigcu12WinStraight to the Ace69838.74 83632.12
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Well played Craig
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    My luck today has been very rare, the majority of it was dedicated to the semis,  I gained entry into the main event via the 6pm semi and cashed out in the 7:15 semi. My entry into the main event throuh the 6pm semi was lucky in a way because at the time of the bubble I had the shortest of stacks and should have needed some double ups but didn't thanks to some over play by players on the other tables.

I did hit a royal flush in my first tournament but apart from that nothing else just early exits in all except the main event which looked good but still didn't have the best of luck. My chance of a bounty seemed promising when I called as 1010 and hit set but unfortunately the AQ made a straight on the turn, I had some luck as 78 going AI but that was only for a short time as A9 is called, I was  of K10o pre behind on the flop then turned trips but rivered to full house.

I did play a bit of nl4p this afternoon and gained £14.32 which along with the late semi cash prize of £13.20+1 head prize of £1.88 means I'm down just £2.95
  • Options
    IzaJoLeeIzaJoLee Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    why does sky never answer their phone,

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    edited September 2017
    They do. I rang 1 hour ago and got through in 28 seconds

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    edited September 2017
    why does sky never answer their phone,
    Posted by IzaJoLee
    They do answer, though if you catch them at certain times, they do tend to be very busy.

Just after the full time whistle on an evening of big football matches is generally something of a "rush hour" for them, but most other times they have sufficient capacity. In fact, SB&G Customer Care has just been nominated for an award - not limited to Gaming Sites - for "Best Customer Care Service" or somesuch.

Providing your query is not personal or private, drop me a PM or post here & I'll try to pass it to the right people directly.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I said I was moving towards MTTs and now I can confirm I am an MTT player for sure, playing multiple MTTs has made cashing out alot more common that I expected and whats great about MTTs is I don't feel so fussed about bad beats or coolers because all I've lost is the entry fee and shall mark those hands down for hand analsis and move on to my next MTT. I've reset my sharkscope now so it will give a clear picture of my overall run as an MTT player.

The results today were good but mistakes might have cost me more. In one tournament I went a step too far with a 3bet AI as gut flush strate draw against a pot size donk and cost myself a better finish and In another tournament my position as 3rd place could well have been 1st place If I'd been more aggressive against a deceptive loose passive player rather than helping his monster  gain lots of value thanks to a large raise, mind it wasn't all bad because the first occassion I tried to rep the rivered trip K by raising his 3rd street of min s and the second occassion I myself had rivered two pair and assumed I would be ahead but unfortunately that made him a strate, it could and should have been worse like because his call allowed me to remain in the tournament my exit hand came as a bad beat when 66 makes the set to defeat my QQ.

My cash outs came in the 6:30 1K BH where I finished 13th and the 8pm £500 BH where i final tabled 3rd
    Overall today is +£23.98 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Today has ending in disappointment 3 ways. First up I lose £7.20 in an early semi which I registested for at 2pm but didn't remember to play. secondly rushing decisions cost me in an MTT which I had great pontential of making the final table. The 3rd piece of disappointment came in the main event when this one player seems to lucky all the time, my first two hands come as a set of 7 followed by KK but cost me 1500 chipst thanks the set running into straight and KK facing reraise on a turn card which paired the top card on the flop.I did make my chips back through some hands against other players but that wasn't gonna go too long as this player went from a decent stack to a 20BB stack and goes all in the very next hand, I could have chose to fold my AJ but thought this player is certainly doing this as a pure gamble and was correct but unfortunately that gamble was correct as he made a flush costing me 20BB.  I still had 20BB in the main 3000 chips in the mini but had enough, emotions were starting to come and I'd much rather end the day in a calm but emotional mood than risk getting in a more annoying mood. 

Tomorrow I will watching a pro to help understand how to play at my best in more difficult times and will start looking into that poker mind coach academy.

I did cash out in the late semi gaining the cash prize £13.20 and also obtained some heads

My total today is -24.44
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 an MTT player for sure:
    Today has ending in disappointment 3 ways. First up I lose £7.20 in an early semi which I registested for at 2pm but didn't remember to play. secondly rushing decisions cost me in an MTT which I had great pontential of making the final table. The 3rd piece of disappointment came in the main event when this one player seems to lucky all the time, my first two hands come as a set of 7 followed by KK but cost me 1500 chipst thanks the set running into straight and KK facing reraise on a turn card which paired the top card on the flop.I did make my chips back through some hands against other players but that wasn't gonna go too long as this player went from a decent stack to a 20BB stack and goes all in the very next hand, I could have chose to fold my AJ but thought this player is certainly doing this as a pure gamble and was correct but unfortunately that gamble was correct as he made a flush costing me 20BB.  I still had 20BB in the main 3000 chips in the mini but had enough, emotions were starting to come and I'd much rather end the day in a calm but emotional mood than risk getting in a more annoying mood.  Tomorrow I will watching a pro to help understand how to play at my best in more difficult times and will start looking into that poker mind coach academy. I did cash out in the late semi gaining the cash prize £13.20 and also obtained some heads My total today is -24.44
    Posted by craigcu12

What do you mean when you say you had 20bb in the main and 3000 in the mini but you had had enough? Did you spew the rest off? Quit? You can't let nights like this get to you Craig because there will be many, many sessions like this. With Mtts and poker in general, you will go through periods when you feel like you're never gonna win a flip or that you're gonna keep getting outdrawn etc. As long as you try to keep playing your hands correctly then the tide will always turn.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 an MTT player for sure:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 an MTT player for sure :
    Today has ending in disappointment 3 ways. First up I lose £7.20 in an early semi which I registested for at 2pm but didn't remember to play. secondly rushing decisions cost me in an MTT which I had great pontential of making the final table. The 3rd piece of disappointment came in the main event when this one player seems to lucky all the time, my first two hands come as a set of 7 followed by KK but cost me 1500 chipst thanks the set running into straight and KK facing reraise on a turn card which paired the top card on the flop.I did make my chips back through some hands against other players but that wasn't gonna go too long as this player went from a decent stack to a 20BB stack and goes all in the very next hand, I could have chose to fold my AJ but thought this player is certainly doing this as a pure gamble and was correct but unfortunately that gamble was correct as he made a flush costing me 20BB.  I still had 20BB in the main 3000 chips in the mini but had enough, emotions were starting to come and I'd much rather end the day in a calm but emotional mood than risk getting in a more annoying mood.  Tomorrow I will watching a pro to help understand how to play at my best in more difficult times and will start looking into that poker mind coach academy. I did cash out in the late semi gaining the cash prize £13.20 and also obtained some heads My total today is -24.44 Posted by craigcu12 What do you mean when you say you had 20bb in the main and 3000 in the mini but you had had enough? Did you spew the rest off? Quit? You can't let nights like this get to you Craig because there will be many, many sessions like this. With Mtts and poker in general, you will go through periods when you feel like you're never gonna win a flip or that you're gonna keep getting outdrawn etc. As long as you try to keep playing your hands correctly then the tide will always turn.
    Posted by waller02
    TBh it was more of a hit hope and lack of patience than purely giving up. It was the still the early stages of the main event I had 2000 chips or 20BB, I held A9s and decided to go 3bet all in see if I could double up but didn't. What happened in the mini was I had gone down to 1000 chips but gained a trip up to help recover, I later lost 300 chips through a poorly played semi bluff and then another 640 chips too determined to obtain head, I still had 2000 at 30/60 but lost them all by playing 65o over aggressive, I could have complete the blind but chose to try and isolate the pot and then does an all in as bluff hoping to see all fold.
    I was rushing myself alot, I cost myself a dominant chipstack in one MTT, throw chips away making quick decisions in the main event and rush to get lots of chips in the mini.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I might have sounded like entering an annoying period on saturday but that was not the reason for no play sunday. Newcastle's lucky draw against liverpool and watching a live stream of someone in a tournament on poker academy was what prevented me playing.

Today I went into the tournaments I normally play and not once did I let saturday get in my way, I could have got furious over Q10s which limps then calls a25BB AI which hits but instead I questions why it was I shoved such a big stack in the semi. The £500 BH wasn't going well either I had been in a spot where getting past the bubble would be good and through some good patience I was able to get a number of double ups or higher to go on and make it to the final table to finish 3rd and obtain a prize of £44.32 but questions could be asked on whether I might have finished higher If didn't waste so many chips with AQ. I have also cashed out £9.11 in the 1KBH.

If their is ever a time when giving up could be viewed fine it was in tonights DTD3. The struct of the tournament saw 3/4 of the prize pool on head prizes and 1/4 go as a prize pool, 1st place itself would win £15 I had tried my hardest whilst DTD1 and 2 were still going but once I had exited those two I didn't really see the point, my chip stack was stil a long way from getting first place and head prizes themselves would be hard unless I tried to gamble and get my stack doubled right away. I didn't actually give up but didn't really feel bothered about contiuing

profit £27.03