You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary stopped:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary stopped : Huh? That's rich, coming from a Scot who took appears to have taken lessons in English from Markycash.
    Posted by Tikay10

:-) 

For heavens sake don't mention Marky, the site doesn't have enough bandwidth for his reply......
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    edited August 2017

^^^^

Fair comment, very fair comment.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary stopped : Huh? That's rich, coming from a Scot who took appears to have taken lessons in English from Markycash.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Now now Paul, no need to upset the Mr Concrete, or was in cement? ;-) !!!!!!

@Craig - I would echo what others have said. 

It comes across to me that you are very passionate about your poker. I think sometimes when this is the case it is easy to put too much pressure on yourself to do well. It may help you feel less pressured if you make enjoying your poker sessions a bigger priority.  I could give plenty suggestions as to how to achieve this but rather than provide a wall of text I will leave it as a general suggestion and you can let me know if you want a few tips on making poker more fun and less stressful. I have tended to put too much pressure on myself in the past so have sort of been in this boat too.

I also echo what Jac said. I appreciate that were a few barriers in the way for you to get to Manchester. You did it though and hats off to you for that, well done!
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary stopped : :-)  For heavens sake don't mention Marky, the site doesn't have enough bandwidth for his reply......
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Tough crowd today! Think a few are making plays to be accepted into Team Flouce ;-)

Actually the site is fighting back... I wrote my first reply and hit post and had been logged out... Tikay playing with the site buttons trying to wind me up again?

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary stopped : Tough crowd today! Think a few are making plays to be accepted into Team Flouce ;-) Actually the site is fighting back... I wrote my first reply and hit post and had been logged out... Tikay playing with the site buttons trying to wind me up again?
    Posted by markycash
    Hey Craig, 

Some fantastic posts and advice above. 

Also, there is no issues in how you write/ come across. 

For the next spt, you may even qualify for nothing through a free roll! 

• Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited August 2017
    saying what I said about bad runs can make me more wound u but good runs should out wheigh bad runs. Looking back I was in a simular state at the start of my aim to make the cash needed for the last SPT and diverted across to spin up. I celebrate my birthday together with my mums birthday at the same time the next SPT is on so certainly can't make it therefore I shall take a break from sky cash. I will still play the freerolls, semis DTDs and might add some more MTTs. 

My diary will be quiet for a few weeks
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    edited August 2017
    ...and thanks for all the comments and well wishes......
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 break:
    ...and thanks for all the comments and well wishes......
    Posted by mumsie
    I should have said that, somehow I forgot to put it in my post bad memory.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Sky cash has clearly been the problem. today in the semi I was 2 spots away from an MTT seat needed my stack was very short and needed to double up so I went AI as 86hh board 10 5 5hh 7river card a brick, I could have screamed why so many outs were missed and lose to KQ but no I just walked away. I was on a different site playing cash and had no problem at all.

I should be back onto cash in 2-4 weeks
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited August 2017
      It sounds like you put all your heart and soul into the game, which is admirable, but you end up putting too much pressure on yourself. Don't be too put off by going through a bad spell, every poker player has them, they are simply part and parcel of the game. I would suggest that a non-financial goal might serve you better, to stop you putting so much pressure on the day to day results. A goal of trying to play well for example, and not win x amount might serve you better. Even on a bad day, playing well might be the difference between losing £5 and losing £25. Even if you run bad, if you've played well you can hold your head up high. Consistently playing well will help you win money in the long term. GL at the tables and hope to see you jump back in with a clearer mind and give it another go.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    edited September 2017
    Sincerest apologiest, wrong Craig !
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I had a bit play on another sitew this week but that itself wasn't going too good by mid week I took a full break away from the tables. My return to sky was sunday evening ( I did play the odd semi at the start of the week), I begun the evening playing on nl10p cash but that nl10 cash was soon turning bad again and thoughts of a bad run were starting to come back. I could have said it was a continuation of my downswing but no I went for a different opinion, I think the PL promo has simply changed the dymanic of these tables massively. Players are currently very LAG some of them seem to have dropped down from bigger stakes. when 4 tabling it's become hard to follow the table dynamic when their are so many LAGs and it's not as easy to made decisions in difficult situations when on a bad run. I've now put 4 tabling nl10p to one side and gone for a more single table approach on nl20p, I still do have multiply tables because that nl20 cash table is along side some MTTs.

Tonight saw the first attempt and has got of to a great start. I had 1 nl20p cash table up and came out £37.39 better off. I also had 2 MTTs up the £1k reload BH and 2K mini major.The BH itself didn't go well at all I came out £15.30 down following all the rebuys and add ons.

The mini was a different story all together having made it all the way to the final table and exiting in 6th place. The first 90 mins was very quite my stack was still a simular size to my starting stack but blinds were now 150/300. I knew now my stack was looking in need of chips but I remained patient and that patiences worked as an AA won me 10BB and a set won me another 10BB at 200/400. My stack was now above 10000 but it dropped back down to 6000 at the 300/600 mark, I might have had the chance to get past the bubble but most days I still would need a double up and that came thanks to AK winning it's flip and I now had enough chips to make it past the bubble. When the bubble had burst my I didn't expect to go much further but consectutive double ups changed that story altogether. The first one was a 30/70 where I held AJs and hits trips to go ahead of AQo, the second one was a flip where I needed to hit and did. I could continue my story with some more good hands which came but i'll leave it at the because those 5 hands were the most important ones.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    This new structure of doing a single cash table alongside some MTTs is going well. My cash game poker is now alot more relaxed. I put alot more attention into my play and avoid doing as many mistakes and don't run into so many bad beats, coolers or sickeners. I will still get a number of coolers bad beats or sickeners but the majority of them will come in tournaments but those won't have an effect on my mental state becaues i'm not on a down swing and play them for fun.

Today I was able to cash out of the 1K BH. things were going great through the early and mid stages and my stack was in great shape but a short stack managed to double up against me and won another 3bb the very next hand. I begun drawing dead causing my stack to start getting short being near the bubble sharing a table of large stacks in BH didn't help either, I was less keen to shove my connector cards because not only did I t A high to call but also K or Q high cards simply for the chance of a head. The prize gained from that BH allows me to regain the major of the cost required for entry into both than £5.50 BH and the mini.

I did manage to cash out i DTD2 as well winning back what  it cost to enter and my cash prize won on tnl20 cash has returned back the cost for entru into the semi, LR semi and DTD 1 and 3
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Thanks to some though of what might be the cause of this down swing i'm on I concluded that my game need a restart. In the afternoon I choose to play 5 nl4p tables+1l10p table, in the evening I had 5nl4p along side 1 nl20 and both these sessions showed that I'm simply not in a fit state to actually play above nl4. My decision making on nl4p tables was as fast as lightning.

My first session had a selection of bad beats but those were forgot about right away at the end of that session I did some hand evaluation and could see frop the evaluation m performance was great.

This evening I started on a nl20p+semi+4 nl4p, my performence in the semi was as silent as it'll ever be, I was drawing dead throughtout the MTT, J3s helped me get a double up and my overall tight image allowed a few additional AI preflop wins before hands finally started to come my way, i had the potential to make it past the bubble but flip cost me my few chips so I finished on the bubble. I might have played 1 nl20 but that was a waste of time really, I was extremely tight and didn't take much notice of it because all my attention was placed on nl4p tables, I manage to take each and every beat with easy knowing I got my money in correctly and was a winner long term.  

I made £44.35 from nl4p today.

My overall total comes to 38.69.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited September 2017
    That's a really nice win at nl4 Craig
    Just a thought. Would it not be  wiser to really concentrate on the nl20 table though? A lot more money in play there.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 most relaxing cash in a long time:
    That's a really nice win at nl4 Craig Just a thought. Would it not be  wiser to really concentrate on the nl20 table though? A lot more money in play there.
    Posted by Jac35
    you would think so yeh but that just shows i'm not quite in the frame to play nl10p or nl20 mentally  ATM. I will make nl4 my main stakes for a week and spend a small period of time on nl10 or nl20p and evaluate my game play on that table afterwards
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Tonight was another easy relaxing night. I spent my night fully set on nl4p and dominated the tables with ease. I was able to get my chip stack over £24 on one table and a number of other tables hd me over £10. I did have a large number of bad beats but those were quickly forgot about, all I remember is consistantly piling in the cash to obtain the maximum value with good hands and not giving up my hand that easily.

I made an overall total of £20.74 profit

I will continue to play nl4 for another few days but by mid week i'll likely be going back onto nl10p 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Looks like I've got the confidence to say the downswing of nl10 is now a thing of the past. Today I took a short spell on nl10p during the afternoon and was intending to do nl4p this evening but the nl10p was so good it made me turn my evening of nl4 into an hour of hand evaluation. My mood could so well have turned ugly at the beginning when an A3o shoves his remained £2 on top of the £4 required to call my cbet and came up against my AA but almost certain loss turned into a win thans to runner runner flush. I could have screamed in anger but then remembered the nl4p sessions all got off to poor start but over time those poor starts ending great.

I managed to come out £20 better off in a session that lasted 2 hours
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    My game use to be best suited to cash table poker but that might no longer be the answer. In augest I might of had a bad run on the cash tables but my run in the semis went very well. The amount of times I was able to cash out in the semis helped repair all the damage my bad run on cash tables did to my BR. In the last month I have made it onto the FT on 1 mini and cashed out in 6 of the other 16 MTTS. Tonight I was able to cash out in the semi, get past the bubble in the late semi where I would go on to past the bubble of the main event  and obtain 1 head prize.

This diversion across to MTT poker won't stop me from playing cash, In the afternoon I might do some to help obtain the buy in fees needed for the tournaments and I will play 1 cash table alongside my tournaments as a way of keeping me out of bordom and being patient in MTTs
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 becoming a MTT player:
    My game use to be best suited to cash table poker but that might no longer be the answer. In augest I might of had a bad run on the cash tables but my run in the semis went very well. The amount of times I was able to cash out in the semis helped repair all the damage my bad run on cash tables did to my BR. In the last month I have made it onto the FT on 1 mini and cashed out in 6 of the other 16 MTTS. Tonight I was able to cash out in the semi, get past the bubble in the late semi where I would go on to past the bubble of the main event  and obtain 1 head prize. This diversion across to MTT poker won't stop me from playing cash, In the afternoon I might do some to help obtain the buy in fees needed for the tournaments and I will play 1 cash table alongside my tournaments as a way of keeping me out of bordom and being patient in MTTs
    Posted by craigcu12
    how can you be board ?
    well done on the cashes