You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum Comps discussion & suggestion thread

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,274

Over on today's Free to Enter Forum Comp, @coo1-um commented;

The rule change makes sense . Though why not allow any bet up to 2/1 or with a 3/1 to 6/1 spread. Could players completely out of the comp by Friday

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how we can run these Forum Comps in a fun way that engages more people & makes them better, fire away, anything (sensible) considered.

Prizes I can get, but ONLY if they get enough entries to make them worthwhile.

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Perhaps , everyone gets 1 double points " nap" selection through the week . When you decide to play it , is your choice.
  • Options

^^^^

Quite like that idea, bit of a pain admin wise especially as I'm useless at Spreadsheets, but would be happy to implement if others also like the idea.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    edited March 2019
    I must admit I liked and preferred looking at all the different types of bets, but, I can imagine the time it might take for you to check all of them ,might be a pain.
    Free to enter competition, with prizes, all adds up to added interest on the event, so I will happily go along with whatever you decide.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 not sure if by design ..but it's in the rail ....thread is moving more than Ozil normally does :D
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821

@Tikay10 not sure if by design ..but it's in the rail ....thread is moving more than Ozil normally does :D

A dead slug moves faster than him.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    pompeynic said:

A dead slug moves faster than him.
    Quick Unai , sign up that slug :D
  • Options

Yes, was deliberate on this occasion, was not sure where to put it to be honest.

If folks object, not a prob I can easily move it again.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

I must admit I liked and preferred looking at all the different types of bets, but, I can imagine the time it might take for you to check all of them ,might be a pain.
    Free to enter competition, with prizes, all adds up to added interest on the event, so I will happily go along with whatever you decide.

I don't mind the Admin Nick, just want to see these things enjoyed by as many as possible, & if that means a bit more work, no prob.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Logically, SkyBet want to use this to promote cross-selling.

Given that we are getting something for nothing, makes sense to vary it. 1 day correct score, 1 day Sky Boost, 1 day one of those combos etc.

To even it up, like the idea of the "nap" selection.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    Perhaps a simpler process?

1 point for correct result - Win, lose or draw AND 3 points for the correct score
  • Options
    Sorry what I should have have said it will make adding up the points easier...Me anything from 7-21...@Misty4me 0-7 mwah, mwah, mwaaah
  • Options
    madprof said:

1 point for correct result - Win, lose or draw AND 3 points for the correct score

Not always going to be football markets though.
  • Options

madprof said:

Not always going to be football markets though.
    fair point...
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Logically, SkyBet want to use this to promote cross-selling.

Given that we are getting something for nothing, makes sense to vary it. 1 day correct score, 1 day Sky Boost, 1 day one of those combos etc.

To even it up, like the idea of the "nap" selection.

Yes, I'd like to mix it up day by day, though the downside is people can get confused if we do it too often, on top of which most of us intensely dislike change. My local Tesco was closed today due to overnight flooding so I had to go to another, identical Tesco. Ugh, loathed every minute of it. I gather it affects elderly people even more.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    They say that variety is the spice of life so I say mix it up all you want Tikay.
    I think looking at different types of bets/sports will be good for the competition and people won't get bored as easily.
  • Options
    Be nice to see the greyhounds make an appearance
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042

Knowing my luck my pick will turn round in its trap lol
  • Options

Noted, no objections from me at all, do enjoy the cherries now & then.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    I like the tactic of posting it on Poker forum then moving it across, gets more traffic.

Pick a trap, simple when it's dogs.