You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,866
    edited April 2019
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    OK Haysie Ive spent several minutes going through the last few pages on this thread and have made a discovery.

You are a total nob, I mean really a complete tool. Its not that I dont think you raised some very good arguements for remain, which you did. But, your incessant trolling and continual posting of complete **** now proves that you are childish beyond comprehension.

I get it. You dont particularly care for Mr. Farage . One post is enough, maybe two at the most because unlike the ignorant remoaners, we leave voters are intelligent enough to understand your point first time.

You really need to get into a sport / hobby / life

Mark
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2019

OK Haysie Ive spent several minutes going through the last few pages on this thread and have made a discovery.

You are a total nob, I mean really a complete tool. Its not that I dont think you raised some very good arguements for remain, which you did. But, your incessant trolling and continual posting of complete **** now proves that you are childish beyond comprehension.

I get it. You dont particularly care for Mr. Farage . One post is enough, maybe two at the most because unlike the ignorant remoaners, we leave voters are intelligent enough to understand your point first time.

Mark

If someone had gone on to his now defunct Brexit thread and swamped it with ridiculous childish pics/vids/posts for literally hours on end ( yes you really can't make it up ..HOURS on end) ....he would be throwing his doll out the virtual pram like the big useless baby he actually is .
  • QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    HAYSIE said:

You are one sick person, first you say in another post about shooting mps, and now you make light of someone in an air crash.
    And no forum ban, wonder why ?
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,010
    edited April 2019

Mark

I used to read Haysie's posts as originally he did make some valid points and I like to hear both sides of the debate.But now I just scroll past every post he makes as it's the same old childish quotes time and time again.For all I know he may still be making some valid points but I will never know as his posts now get completely ignored.So his attempt to get people to read his incessant posts has backfired,at least as far as I'm concerned.
    edited April 2019
    Watch the farage video on this link >>

Brexit: Farage demands ‘peaceful political REVOLUTION’

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1114853/Brexit-news-Nigel-Farage-Donald-Tusk-Guy-Verhofstadt-European-Union
    edited April 2019
    "I'm coming back " Farage addresses EU parliament the full version of the above ^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AnQFwMqjlE
    Pro-Brexit Leave.EU group accused of faking videos and forging images of migrants committing crimes
    Campaign group led by former Ukip donor Arron Banks accused of 'fake news' over viral video

Pro-Brexit campaign group Leave.EU has been accused of faking a viral video of illegal "migrants" and forging images purporting to show immigrants committing violent crimes.
    The group, which is led by businessman and former Ukip donor Arron Banks, staged a video that it claimed showed how easy it was for migrants to cross to Britain illegally, according to Channel 4 News.

The video was released in the weeks before the 2016 EU referendum and was watched hundreds of thousands of times. But Channel 4 said satellite data showed that the boat had never left UK waters, and footage appearing to show the "migrants" entering the country was filmed before they left UK shores.

It also reported that Leave.EU had staged images that the group said showed a migrant attacking a young woman in Tottenham, north London.

The photos appearing to show the violent attack were reportedly sent by a special forces veteran who works for Mr Banks to Andy Wigmore, Leave.EU's head of communications.

Channel 4 said leaked emails showed Mr Wigmore had then forwarded them to the group's media team with the message: "Migrants beating up girl in Tottenham Saturday...Can we get this ready to go as a press release."

It is unclear why the photos were seemingly never released.
    In response, Mr Banks told Channel 4: “Leave.EU is the biggest viral political campaign in the UK, with 3.7 million engagements last week on Facebook alone, dwarfing political parties and other groups.
    “Channel 4 is packed with ex-Guardian journalists and left wing activists, who create fake news for a living!

“The campaign must be doing something right to annoy all the right people consistently.”
    But Labour MP Jo Stevens, a member of the House of Commons culture, media and sport committee, said: “The video of the boat is very obviously fake and put together in a fake way. The photographs are a little bit more difficult to spot that, but clearly fake news with a deliberate intention of stoking hatred and anti-immigrant feeling and rhetoric.”

Leave.EU has previously been hit with hefty fines by the Electoral Commission in relation to activities during the EU referendum campaign.
    The group was fined £70,000 last year for breaking election laws and in March was hit with a further £60,000 punishment for data breaches.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leave-eu-faking-forging-videos-images-illegal-migrants-violent-crime-aaron-banks-a8873461.html
    'Does he even understand?' Farage skewers Corbyn after he says Brexiteer 'is not answer'

Responding to the Labour leader's comments, Mr Farage said Mr Corbyn's plan to have a customs union with the EU after Brexit would leave the UK unable to strike trade dealsHe added: "How is Jeremy Corbyn serious about our relationship with the rest of the world when he wants us to be in a customs union, and unable to do deals.

"Does he even understand this?"

Earlier, in the European Parliament, Mr Farage predicted electoral success for the party he now leads after quitting Ukip.

He said: ”The Brexit Party will sweep the board in these elections.”

Mr Farage also warned the Prime Minister could strike a deal with Mr Corbyn in a bid to get her withdrawal agreement through the Commons.

However, the leading Brexiteer said if a deal between Mr Corbyn and Theresa May meant the withdrawal agreement was passed by MPs and the European elections were not necessary, then the Brexit Party would win the next general election "because the betrayal will be so complete and utter".

He explained: "The only way they could be stopped is if Mrs May signed up to a deal with Mr Corbyn which kept us stuck, permanently, in a customs union and under single market rules.

"A message to you Prime Minister: If you think by doing that deal and cancelling the European elections that the threat of Farage and the Brexit Party will go away, you are in for a rude shock.

"If you betray us that much, this will explode."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1115070/brexit-news-latest-nigel-farage-corbyn-brexit-party-labour-eu-european-elections
    The European Elections could be painful for Remainers

Pro-Brexit parties are trumping anti-Brexit parties in the polls. The problem is that the Labour vote is mostly made up of Remainers.
    In theory, the forthcoming European Elections on 23 May should be an opportunity for Remainers to translate the clear majority for staying in the EU that we see in the polls into actual votes. Remain has been ahead of Leave since the summer of 2017, and recent majorities have been above 5 per cent.

Indeed some in the smaller anti-Brexit parties have been suggesting exactly this: the EU elections should be about Remaining rather than Leaving. Unfortunately things are not that simple, as the following YouGov poll illustrates.

The smaller columns for the parties represent the data with “Would not vote” and “Don’t know” included.

The first point here is that the anti-Brexit parties are polling at around half the level of the pro-Brexit, anti-People’s Vote parties. The key problem, as it has always been for the Remain cause, is that the Labour vote is mostly made up of Remainers. In this poll, 77 per cent of Labour voters voted Remain in the 2016 referendum, and some of the other 23 per cent may have changed their minds since then. Labour is an overwhelmingly Remain party in terms of who votes for it – but its leadership is in favour of its own form of Brexit and appears ambivalent towards a People’s Vote.

Some Remainers would love voters to desert Labour and vote for one of the three unambiguously anti-Brexit parties. But this is very unlikely to happen. Many voters, even though they might support Remain, want a Labour government above all else, and they will vote for Labour despite the poll asking about elections to the European Parliament. This is of course exactly what happened in the 2017 general election. Voting left is hardly an irrational choice for these Remainers, because if we do not leave the EU, the European Parliament does play a minor role in EU affairs, and it is important to have left wing voices there.

The second point is that the elections for the European Parliament is actually about voting for MEPs, so seats matter, as well as the popular vote. The D’Hondt voting system used in British elections for the European parliament combined with voting for MEPs on a regional basis does penalise smaller parties. The Liberal Democrats only received 1 seat out of 73 in 2014, even though they got nearly 7 per cent of the overall vote. As a result, if the Remain vote splits badly, it is conceivable that the total seat count for the Remain parties combined may only be a few seats, which will not look good compared to the double figures that Farage will get.

A very good question is why the anti-Brexit parties have not cooperated. It would be difficult to choose just one of the three parties to stand in each district, but it would not be impossible. Without this cooperation, tactical voting is unlikely to prevent the anti-Brexit vote being split three ways in each England region. It would seem these parties think it is more important to fight among themselves than unite in sending a clear message on Brexit. That will be sad if this failure leads to MEPs only being in the job for a few months. Remain can get a million on the streets and 6 million signitures, but it seems getting small parties to cooperate is a more difficult task.

rest of the article >>>>https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/04/european-elections-could-be-painful-remainers
    edited April 2019
    Sky Views: Electric Farage highlights Tory and Remainers' Europe confusion

By Lewis Goodall, political correspondent
    I spent Saturday with Nigel Farage. I suspect it's not a prospect some of you might relish.

But for those who can think of little else more fun, I can alas confirm it wasn't a night on the tiles, puffing, supping and fulminating away, but instead a chance to hear him speak to thousands, in my home city of Birmingham, without so much as half an ale in sight.

Only the second event of his new Brexit Party in the second city.

He was electric.

He is a folk hero to his adherents and many who despise him don't understand his power.

But it wasn't just the usual crowd. I've been to plenty of UKIP conferences in my time; I know the vibe there - the half-colonels, the half-crazed and the half-cut.
    But this was a bit different, and some of the people were different: couples, families, younger voters too
    An odd coalition of the curious and the angry, those who rightly or wrongly deeply feel that democracy has been subverted.

They all took a Brexit Party placard home.

I watched them each take one and leave enthused, clear what they are fighting for.

Initially I had thought that shorn of UKIP and its organisational spine, Farage might struggle.

Instead, I came to see it as his biggest advantage yet.

UKIP, to some, to many, always had unsavoury connotations.

This new party is a blanker slate - a potentially better vehicle for his ambition.

UKIP, to some, to many, always had unsavoury connotations.

This new party is a blanker slate - a potentially better vehicle for his ambition.

It explains why Farage barely mentioned immigration and didn't talk about Europe as much as you'd think.

Instead, his message was one of political transformation. Of fulfilling the true potential of the 2016 revolt. Of draining the swamp; that the failure to implement the referendum proves why it was necessary in the first place.

His is now a simpler and broader message - that Britain has been humiliated, that Westminster is rotten, that the system is rigged, that parliament doesn't represent you and it is only he who can do something about it and make us proud again.

For Nigel Farage - this Dulwich school boy, denizen of the political scene for decades - is doing something Under his opponents' noses, he is seizing the change mantle, even from those with the word in their name.

As a result, in many Euro polls he has already overtaken his old party UKIP and is snapping at the heels of the Tories.

If the cards fall right, the simplicity and power of his vision, his branding and operation could mean he ends up in a position with the Leave vote much to himself.

And as I sat there, watching Farage play old tunes and new, I kept asking myself, where is the Remain equivalent of this?

For months it has been obvious that these EU elections would come - it is why Farage registered his new party months ago - yet there seems to have been little action from the other side.

Where are the rallies? Where is the cross party agreement on a joint remain ticket?
    Where are the posters? The agreed messaging?

The corralling of the newly empowered pro-European demos in this country?

The targeting of EU citizens with a vote?

All seems sleepy and quiet. It is almost as if these elections have taken them by surprise.

I suspect that is because the People's Vote campaign has absorbed the creative and political energies of the Remain cause.

rest of the article >>>https://news.sky.com/story/labour-and-the-tiggers-need-to-get-real-11695821

edited April 2019
    QPROBBO said:

HAYSIE said:

You are one sick person, first you say in another post about shooting mps, and now you make light of someone in an air crash.
    And no forum ban, wonder why ?

He wasn't badly injured. The flight was a political stunt. The UKIP banner caused the crash. He was criticised for wanting to light up a ****, whilst soaked in aviation fuel. The pilot later threatened to kill him.

On 6 May 2010, the morning of the election, Farage was travelling in a two-seater PZL-104 Wilga aircraft with a pro-UKIP banner attached, when the plane crashed.[66] Farage suffered injuries that were described as non-life-threatening.[67] Although his injuries were originally described as minor,[66] his sternum and ribs were broken and his lung punctured.[68] The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) report said that the aeroplane was towing a banner, which caught in the tailplane, forcing the nose down.[69]
    On 1 December 2010, Justin Adams, the pilot of the aircraft involved in the accident, was charged with threatening to kill Farage in a separate incident.

UKIP forgot to put their party name on their candidate's ballot paper for the London mayoral election, 2012,[72] Laurence Webb appearing as "a fresh choice for London". Farage described the mistake as an internal error

3] Challenging Farage's viewpoint, Neil said that UKIP aspired to come top of the European elections, but while UKIP wanted to join the big time they were still seen as "unprofessional, amateur and even unacceptable".[73] In an interview, Farage described Baroness Warsi as "the lowest grade Chairman the Tory Party has ever had".[73]