You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can Duesenberg cut it as an MTT reg? Let's find out...

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    gl buddy..i play the 2/20 deepy :)
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    waller02 said:

Thought this was a poll. Spent ages looking for the No button

Amazing post :D
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    If you can write about yourself in 3rd person then you are capable of anything 😎. Nah seriously you got this Gl Gl!
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You got a schedule in mind? Max table count? Standard table count? What time you plan on starting/finishing to register each day? Late registering at all?
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Good luck, looking forward to reading
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Gl Dues! Will you be playing any satellites or just straight BH’s and freeze outs?
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,038
    Gl Dues, I'm sure you will smash this
  • Options
    MattBates said:

You got a schedule in mind? Max table count? Standard table count? What time you plan on starting/finishing to register each day? Late registering at all?

Slightly off-topic but on the topic of sats, being quite the sharkscope nerd I've noticed that a lot of the high volume big winners such as you, lool, Froozle play pretty high volume of sats. Returns per game in these are lower than if you played 5.50 freezeout type games, which none of you play. Guess it's an hourly rate thing? Sats take far less time, and maybe more simple/mechanical to just fill up table space and autopilot?
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    ^^^

@Angmar2626 Stop derailing the thread already nerd. (Nice results last night btw, gg's)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    Well the opening post was an epic, like the War and Peace of opening posts, probably took longer to read than I last in most MTTs.

I'm sure you'll smash it. If I remember correctly in your last challenge I predicted that MTTs would give you a very good percentage of your £10K target and you quickly followed that prediction with a £5K result in one MTT.

What better things are there to do anyway when the sun is shinning and summer is here than to sit inside grinding MTTs on Sky?

Good luck!
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

^^^

@Angmar2626 Stop derailing the thread already nerd. (Nice results last night btw, gg's)

Haha tyty - feels good doing a micro BRC and adding 50% to your roll in one night :)

Right, back to Dues the MTT reg - will you be wearing your UKOPS bracelet whilst grinding the 2.20s?
  • Options

MattBates said:

Slightly off-topic but on the topic of sats, being quite the sharkscope nerd I've noticed that a lot of the high volume big winners such as you, lool, Froozle play pretty high volume of sats. Returns per game in these are lower than if you played 5.50 freezeout type games, which none of you play. Guess it's an hourly rate thing? Sats take far less time, and maybe more simple/mechanical to just fill up table space and autopilot?
    I haven't geeked it up loads on scope lately but it is a good thing to do so not sure on returns on sats for me or the others. One thing I will say is just because people play certain games doesn't mean its a good decision by that player.

I think its down to hourly but also probably that no one has analysed stuff in much detail.

I think generally people are pretty bad at sats (I should spend some time studying spots to improve my ROI but don't have the time and think same could be said for some regs as I see some horrific stuff and I must make some bad errors). The sats with a few seats guaranteed are very good value. Not sure how much value there is in the 1 seat ones but I have table space so play them anyway maybe down to habit.

I find with some of the freezeouts with no antes it can be a fairly boring game with people nut peddling a lot early on and there not being a vast amount of play late on but I haven't them in ages so I may be way off base with that thinking. Think most of the freezeouts have low guarantees so firing up doesn't massively appeal and I would rather fire up spin tables instead.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

MattBates said:

I haven't geeked it up loads on scope lately but it is a good thing to do so not sure on returns on sats for me or the others. One thing I will say is just because people play certain games doesn't mean its a good decision by that player.

I think its down to hourly but also probably that no one has analysed stuff in much detail.

I think generally people are pretty bad at sats (I should spend some time studying spots to improve my ROI but don't have the time and think same could be said for some regs as I see some horrific stuff and I must make some bad errors). The sats with a few seats guaranteed are very good value. Not sure how much value there is in the 1 seat ones but I have table space so play them anyway maybe down to habit.

I find with some of the freezeouts with no antes it can be a fairly boring game with people nut peddling a lot early on and there not being a vast amount of play late on but I haven't them in ages so I may be way off base with that thinking. Think most of the freezeouts have low guarantees so firing up doesn't massively appeal and I would rather fire up spin tables instead.
    Sounds about right for the freezeouts. The 9.00 £5.50 takes 3hrs+ so even at a much lower ROI sats are better for hourly I guess, but with higher variance.

One thing I did notice is that you are beating every stake of all in sat... the 'Matt Bates Rungood' is real!!!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,392
    edited June 2019
    When does this start, first day of the month?

Might be worth regging for the 2.30 @ 2:15 deep stack for added value , thought mumsie.

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

One thing I did notice is that you are beating every stake of all in sat... the 'Matt Bates Rungood' is real!!!

Don't tell Clock
  • Options

MattBates said:

MattBates said:

Sounds about right for the freezeouts. The 9.00 £5.50 takes 3hrs+ so even at a much lower ROI sats are better for hourly I guess, but with higher variance.

I have put a lot of work into my all in game and the results reflect this!
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    edited June 2019

MattBates said:

When satellites overlay the payouts are recorded inaccurately on sharkscope as being too low. ROI's in any tournaments with a rebuy are also massively over-represented because regs do significantly more re-buying and adding on than the field, but sharkscope only charges them the field average. Think as you say the time aspect will be relevant too.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Thanks for all the new posts guys.

Girlfriends birthday yesterday was a big success with the only downside being the stonking hangover I now have - getting my excuses in early before hitting the tables for day one of the challenge ;)

My intention is to avoid playing satellites as they are an art unto themselves of which I have next to no experience. It's certainly been interesting to read some thoughts on the subject from those more experienced than myself though and @MattBates results in the lottery sats will do wonders for the conspiracy theorists out there :D
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Would be curious to get some opinions on pre flop shoving ranges in bounty hunters compared to regular MTT's.

So, we're playing a Sky BH, it folds round to us on the button and we have a 10bb stack with an average sized bounty on our head. Both the SB and BB are unknown players to us and each have 40bb stack. We're a long way from the bubble and we will be either shoving or folding in this spot.

Compared to our strategy in a non-bounty event, which of the following would you consider the best/correct approach?

A. We need to shove with a stronger, tighter range than a regular MTT as our opponents will be calling wider due to the added bounty equity.

B. Because we expect out opponents to be calling wider, we can in turn shove with a wider range.

C. We generally want to use the same shoving range as we would in a regular MTT. As we expect our opponents to be calling wider, our range as a whole will have more equity when we are called.

D. Other - please elaborate!
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    I think in theory we are supposed to be shoving tighter in bounty hunters than freezeouts because of the reduced fold equity and that is especially true from early position (LJ/HJ) but I think once it folds through to us on the BTN with 10bb (and miles away from cashing) I think we actually get to add more high card hands to our shoving range than would be good/profitable in a freezeout. I think this is because we expect to get called by more high card hand combo's in this spot in a bounty hunter than we will be called with in the same spot in a freezeout, therefore we can expect to be dominating our opponents calls more often with these hands in a bounty hunter than in a freezeout.
    The thing about having 10bb in a bounty hunter at a table with a number of deeper stacks is finding good RFI spots - people start VPIPing like crazy in bounty hunters when they are deep and there are one or two short stacks at the table and this takes away our RFI opportunities and takes away our FE in most spots which means we need to be prepared to gamble/take more marginal RFI spots from CO and BTN when we are presented with the opportunity IMO (which may be misguided and flawed. Would be nice to get the views and thought processes of some real winners in these games).

Gl at the tables today - how are you feeling (aside from the hangover) heading into the first day of the challenge?