You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can Duesenberg cut it as an MTT reg? Let's find out...

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Thanks Myna - I'll have a closer look at that later.

I'm feeling enthused by having a specific focus but I'm sure that'll change fairly quickly!

The hangover is intentional to be honest. I had a look on Sharkscope and it appears to 'feel groggy' is +EV ;)
  • Options
    Day 1 is done.

I very much eased my hungover self into the challenge today with an afternoon/early evening session that consisted entirely of cheapies - the 7 at 7 was my biggest buy in of the day. Volume will certainly need to improve but 16 MTT's for day one is an ok-ish start I guess.

There were a few significant spots where I got all the money in pre as a 70-80% favourite but couldn't hold, which made the session as a whole slightly irksome, but such is the way with tourneys. At least there were enough deep runs and bounties to make sure the day finished with a smidgen of profit. Will be back at it tomorrow.

MTT's played: 16
    MTT's won: 0
    Profit/Loss: +£9.46
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    Best of luck with this Dues. Hope the girlfriend had a nice birthday. I have one of those hangover things today, they don't get any better with age :(
  • Options
    Thanks for stopping by Greg and I hope all is well with you.

The GF had a lovely day and we're taking a long weekend away next week for round 2 of the celebrations. Getting older is a real bug*er though. I used to be able to drink like a trooper and be ready for anything the next day. Now it seems 3 or 4 pints leaves me feeling as though I've done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson the night before! It definitely makes sense as to why Tikay went teetotal after he'd turned 90 ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027

Good start @Duesenberg

Turned 90? Well it was almost exactly 50 years & 9 months ago, so that's make me.......awfully old.

PS - For me, quitting alcohol was a great decision, which I've never once regretted. It's right up there with quitting Facebook. Both decisions improved the quality of my life tremendously.
  • Options
    Day 2.

Played 19 today and didn't win any of them. Rubbish game this poker malarkey. That's 35 games done for the challenge with zero victories - I'd imagine that would constitute a crisis in the Bates household!

On the plus side, I finally managed to play something that cost more than a Big Mac to enter, but they'll sadly be no mention of my name when Tikay does his daily write-up on the previous evenings main event. The other silver lining is that I may have secured a free MTT ticket of some kind thanks to some deep runs in the Forum Triple Takedown games, but I'll have to wait until those in charge crunch the numbers first.

So, a small loss on the day but nothing too terrible.

MTT's played: 35
    Profit/Loss: -£18.06
  • Options
    A hand from last night's Main.

What would you do facing the jam on the flop?

Fuzzy is a good player with a min bounty on his head and we're still a long way from the bubble. I'm not sure I'm really beating any of his value range but the board is wetter than an otters pocket with draws galore possible too.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jedinemoSmall blind200.00200.0052685.00
    ronny707Big blind400.00600.0042338.75
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q
    AmycakesCall400.001000.0021216.25
    lyonsbob06Fold
    DuesenbergRaise1200.002200.0010940.00
    FuzzyDareCall1200.003400.007502.50
    jedinemoFold
    ronny707Fold
    AmycakesCall800.004200.0020416.25
    Flop
    • Q
    AmycakesCheck
    DuesenbergBet2100.006300.008840.00
    FuzzyDareAll-in7502.5013802.500.00
    AmycakesFold
    Duesenberg????
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,468
    Im folding here,happy to play the rest of the tournie with 22bb :/
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I think I call. Maybe see 88 then do K turn and Q river.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,032
    It's a call from me, there will be a lot of draws. I reckon you have more than enough equity to call here. But as we witnessed last night I'm a, quote, "fishy c... that everybody hates"
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,685
    waller02 said:

It's a call from me, there will be a lot of draws. I reckon you have more than enough equity to call here. But as we witnessed last night I'm a, quote, "fishy c... that everybody hates"

I wouldn't say fishy 😉
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,317
    MattBates said:

I think I call. Maybe see 88 then do K turn and Q river.

I was going to type 'MattBates would call, his opponent would have AK of clubs so has him out kicked and with the nut flush draw but is then rescued by the Qd river for 2 pair to take the pot and the bounty.'

My oppologies Matt, I hadn't realised you were intending to outdraw the set.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited June 2019

Would be curious to get some opinions on pre flop shoving ranges in bounty hunters compared to regular MTT's.

So, we're playing a Sky BH, it folds round to us on the button and we have a 10bb stack with an average sized bounty on our head. Both the SB and BB are unknown players to us and each have 40bb stack. We're a long way from the bubble and we will be either shoving or folding in this spot.

Compared to our strategy in a non-bounty event, which of the following would you consider the best/correct approach?

A. We need to shove with a stronger, tighter range than a regular MTT as our opponents will be calling wider due to the added bounty equity.

B. Because we expect out opponents to be calling wider, we can in turn shove with a wider range.

C. We generally want to use the same shoving range as we would in a regular MTT. As we expect our opponents to be calling wider, our range as a whole will have more equity when we are called.

D. Other - please elaborate!

This got no love from the good regulars then(?) :/ It's a shame. I feel like people don't mind discussing some hands in isolation but seem less inclined to talk about their general approach to the game type or their strategy in spots like this one in particular (or similar).
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    MynaFrett said:

Would be curious to get some opinions on pre flop shoving ranges in bounty hunters compared to regular MTT's.

So, we're playing a Sky BH, it folds round to us on the button and we have a 10bb stack with an average sized bounty on our head. Both the SB and BB are unknown players to us and each have 40bb stack. We're a long way from the bubble and we will be either shoving or folding in this spot.

Compared to our strategy in a non-bounty event, which of the following would you consider the best/correct approach?

A. We need to shove with a stronger, tighter range than a regular MTT as our opponents will be calling wider due to the added bounty equity.

B. Because we expect out opponents to be calling wider, we can in turn shove with a wider range.

C. We generally want to use the same shoving range as we would in a regular MTT. As we expect our opponents to be calling wider, our range as a whole will have more equity when we are called.

This got no love from the good regulars then(?) :/ It's a shame. I feel like people don't mind discussing some hands in isolation but seem less inclined to talk about their general approach to the game type or their strategy in spots like this one in particular (or similar).
    D. The opposite to our table image. So-if perceived as tight, shove wide. If seen as LAGgy, then tighter range...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    £33 Main FT... booking a £1k score on day 3? :o

glgl!
  • Options
    Sigh, ul, gg. That @miniman88 runs too good unfortunately :/;)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    MynaFrett said:

Complex strat reason why I didn't answer. I wasn't really sure, I mainly play bh games these days!
  • Options
    Day 3.

A bit of a mixed bag all told.

Having made little progress by filling out the numbers with cheapies, I decided it was time to move up to where they'd respect my raises (always loved that notion haha!). Out went the £2.20's and in came the £22's. I was having an absolute shocker frankly and couldn't win an all-in for love nor money (regardless of how far ahead I was when the chips went in), so I was gearing up to treat you all to a misterpj style update.

Fortunately, some respite finally came from the Gold Rush where what little run-good I did experience propelled me to a 4th place finish. At least I'll get a legitimate Tikay mention this time :).

MTT's played: 52
    Profit/Loss: +£322.12
  • Options
    Going back to the KQ hand, I did make the call but couldn't improve vs Fuzzy's AQo.

Appreciate the feedback guys. I think with KsQs it's probably a correct call almost every time with the pot odds and bounty value on a flop that dynamic (unless you view villain as a huge nit of course). Would certainly be much closer if holding a singe club though (I think - still happy to be corrected!).
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Nice start! I demand graphs though