You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Rearender's Double the Bankroll or Bust (£100) Going on to £500 hopefully

rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
edited September 2019 in Poker Chat
If anyone reads this don't expect too much I am not a blogger or a top player but I am getting better at 1 of them :smiley:

Anyway about me, Firstly I wish I thought about my name more before choosing it. I have been part of Sky Poker as a casual player on and off for a long time. Normally depositing £20 - £50 and playing until I had none left either through betting withdrawing or being on tilt and doing something stupid. This didn't bother me as it was fun and I could afford to lose what I deposited this is more a challenge of how long can I go without re depositing.
I have actually on deposited £20 to get the £100 in my account now so its really a free go at it as I normally would have lost the £20 or used it to bet instead which I have to hold off the urge on doing.

I don't like to play a lot of tables 2 is perfect 3 at a push any more and I miss a lot, like I said I would prefer a chat than concentrate on a load of tables.

BRM for this is pretty loose, I will mostly be playing £2.20 or £1.10 but I do enjoy the minis for £5.50 which I wont do everyday.

I am part of a team for the Monday triple take down its pity there is not more teams but I think being in this team has really helped my game and there is some good members 1 in particular I noticed being v good but I am not going to name check him and make his head even bigger :wink:

Anyway what is my game like?
Cash - Pretty awful needs work however I don't enjoy it everyone is miserable (no offence cash players) and no interaction but I only play micro may be moore atmospheric in the higher levels. Wont be wasting my role here I hope.

Turbo DYM - I enjoy playing these but do not take these seriously at all as they are my fun. Probably end up about even on these. This is also the place where I try new ways to change my game and see if it works. anything up to £1. Will play a lot of these in micro (.28 and .55) not really to make money but as fun and to keep sharp and should not lose too much if any.

Normal DYM I am a bit better at but they take so long and are such a grind (I know ppl on here do just that and big respect) but its a long boring process that way. Will also play some of these at the £1 + £2 level maybe alon side a tourney or whilst waiting. BRM min 50

Tourneys - WHAT POKER IS ALL ABOUT!!!
Well in my eyes anyway, people interact (not always pleasantly but I love a chat), big fields, big rewards, lots of sucking out and hard luck stories what more do you want its better than EastEnders for drama.
BH - my favourite type (not what I'm best at) love the action and fast play that happens even though it annoys me and I am screaming at my computer most of the time because of what I think is bad play but they knew there runner runner straight was coming. (Pokers fixed) Game 8pm £2.20
Rebuy- Not played many tend to not need to rebuy when I do I need to improve here as after the rebuy period I'm pretty short and one wrong move its all over. Game £1.10
Deepstack - Probably what I am best at especially if someone is chatting in the chat box however I am prone to falling asleep in these especially the later ones which I am more likely to play.
Nightly Micro - For some reason cant get into this, I will try too but because of the time of it if I go deep it gets sacrificed when other tourneys start.

Biggest Sky win: Was between £1400 and £1700 and I think it was only for a £10 tourney which was I think was on channel 861 maybe 8-9 years ago. Tikay was actually commentating on it and I am not going to lie was my fav poker experience so far being on the big telly just wish I recorded it to show the grandkids.

Wow I have rambled if you have got this far congratulations. I look forward to anyone willing to donate and not steal from me.

Comments

• Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    Gl Rearender lets hope the roll last a while or you make a profit :D

Love your description of MTTs, "big fields, big rewards, lots of sucking out and hard luck stories what more do you want its better than EastEnders for drama". Makes it sound all glamorous
  • fredsgirlfredsgirl Member Posts: 883
    Nice introduction! Best of luck B)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,720

Great intro @rearender, now don't forget, Update as often as you can.

If you get in any difficult or awkward spots, post the hand & see what the better players say. Don't be shy, nobody is gonna take the mick.

VBOL.
  • rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    Allan23 said:

Gl Rearender lets hope the roll last a while or you make a profit :D

Love your description of MTTs, "big fields, big rewards, lots of sucking out and hard luck stories what more do you want its better than EastEnders for drama". Makes it sound all glamorous

Cheers Allan,

End of next month would be a positive result :smile: My aim is to join your elite club on a Monday night. See you on the tables
    Tikay10 said:

Great intro @rearender, now don't forget, Update as often as you can.

If you get in any difficult or awkward spots, post the hand & see what the better players say. Don't be shy, nobody is gonna take the mick.

VBOL.

Thanks @Tikay10 I will try to keep on top of it I have no work for 2 weeks so should be ok in the immediate future.
    I welcome any help at all from these players but I have no idea how to get the hands on to here.

It all kicks off tonight 7.00 with the micro.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    edited August 2019
    Great opening post. I'm glad you decided to go for it.

I found it really helps to maintain focus when playing or at least not spewing off when tilted as you know you are going to have to write about it at the end of the session.

Also, when on a bad run, it really helps when people pop up to tell you to keep your chin up. Personally it helped renew my love of the game.

You seem to have a solid plan and if you stay reasonably disciplined with the brm then you have a great shout. My only advice would be to keep up with the updates and not go too crazy as the br increases, I found that out the hard way and took a big hit.

Best of luck and I'll follow with interest.
    Tonight is not going to be my night, have a sore head going to call it a night.

Mini - 6s pre flop, flop came 556 and turn j river don't remember got beat by j-j ouch -£5.50
    Micro - Went out Quads - .55p

BH was a little short and after the mini result I just pushed with q-2 when q was on flop went out -£2.20

Start £100
    Currently £93.13 (made some pence back in the dym)
    edited August 2019
    rearender said:

Tonight is not going to be my night, have a sore head going to call it a night.

Mini - 6s pre flop, flop came 556 and turn j river don't remember got beat by j-j ouch -£5.50
    Micro - Went out Quads - .55p

BH was a little short and after the mini result I just pushed with q-2 when q was on flop went out -£2.20

Start £100
    Currently £93.13 (made some pence back in the dym)

Don't be beating yourself up over that, it was a genuine cooler. These things are gonna happen now & then, not a thing you can do about them. Every player is going broke there.

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    I always think calling it a night when you're running bad is the best thing to do, especially if it starts affecting your decision making in other games.

Back for the next session with it long forgotten and a clear head.
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited August 2019
    rearender said:

Tourneys - WHAT POKER IS ALL ABOUT!!!

Abso-bl00dy-exactly! glgl :)

Looking back last night I had thumping headache (probably overdoing it at the gym) but were positives for sure. Five away from cashing and playing well in the micro but got unlucky quads v fh couldn't avoid it.
    In the mini played well again more than double my stack until an absolute cooler flopped fh over turned fh.
    The BH I was short early and was doing well surviving but not gaining much as the table was quite aggressive so had to pick carefully. After my 2 coolers lost my head a bit which I don't often do nowadays but did last night and shipped with a poor hand.
    I am so glad I stopped when I did because I fell straight asleep and needed the break and would have probably donated all night.

I am just gutted the first day I decide to do a diary it all went wrong but today is a new day roll on 7pm.....

Don't worry if you have a few bad nights @rearender, it's bound to happen. Just try & always play your best game. Pretty sire that's the advice good players like @Mattbates or @FeelGroggy would say, or even players such as @Jac35.
    edited August 2019
    Been nothing but horror show since starting this. Luckily I have had kids so been to busy to update this or play too much which has probably saved me some. Mix of running bad, being unlucky, coolers and twice pushing because had to go out with the kids. However its not a bad beat thread that said the only result I have had since Friday was a FT in the Micro which I normally cant play well I think I was 6th everyone had around 120k in chips unfortunately that was my limit.
    This is a new week my favourite day the triple takedown and the freerole is all I will play unless I am around for a late £1.10 deepstack.

start £100
    After registering for tonight £73.77

A bad 3 or 4 days is standard stuff @rearender. It's demoralising, but if you were getting by previously, just try & play your usual game & keep plugging away. It will turn eventually.

If there are any "spots" where you think you are maybe playing bad, post them up & we'll get some of the guys to see if they can help.

A few bad days is when character & backbone come into play. You can do it mate.
    Tikay10 said:

A bad 3 or 4 days is standard stuff @rearender. It's demoralising, but if you were getting by previously, just try & play your usual game & keep plugging away. It will turn eventually.

If there are any "spots" where you think you are maybe playing bad, post them up & we'll get some of the guys to see if they can help.

Thanks @Tikay10 playing a couple of micro DYM and the freerole and feel better already. I think this challenge has made me play too tight compared to normal. hopefully this feeling continues into tonight and I will smash it :P
    rearender said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks @Tikay10 playing a couple of micro DYM and the freerole and feel better already. I think this challenge has made me play too tight compared to normal. hopefully this feeling continues into tonight and I will smash it :P

That definitely CAN happen, & is something you must guard against. Just try & relax, & play your normal game.
    That definitely CAN happen, & is something you must guard against. Just try & relax, & play your normal game.

In the free role went out 35th q-q v 9-9 9 on flop if I won that I would have been deep.
    edited August 2019
    Played only the triple take down tonight, only remember sucking someone out once with KJ suited v A-A, he was short and I had him well enough covered couldn't fold.

Anyway my result were as follows
    Triple takedown 1 - Finished 6th out of 102 was short stacked at ft. It was v tight last 2 tables, I went with K-10 suited, but in my defence I was short and the blind was next hand so pushed called by A-Q, a 10 and Q on flop I couldn't get anymore help and went out.
    Triple takedown 2 - got chips early in this and was expecting a deep run but I was over cocky and reckless shipped a lot for no reason. Went out 42nd out of 99 in the end and was gutted, one day all 3 will come together.
    Triple takedown 3 - This one was a mystery to me. Short stacked for a lot of this thought it wasn't going to be my day. Amazed at getting to the last 12 even though I hadn't taken a head (11 cashed) was worried it might be all that play for nothing. The bubble lasted about 30 mins there was 3 or 4 of us in danger. All of a sudden I knocked the only person shorter stacked than me out and got my first head. Got 2 more before the final 3 but never had a lot of chips. Final 3 and I was 2nd raised with K-J flat call by shorter stack raised the J high flop, again call, he pushed the Q turn but was only about 15k into a pot of 60k so called he had pocket Q's. After that I had 30k, 2nd about 80k and first about 140k. A couple of hands later chip leader knocks out 2nd and I have laddered to play for the win 220k v my 35k after a few back and forth hands, I go all in on a flop, J67 flop, he calls... Amazingly I'm ahead my 7 is beating his 6 I think I'm coming back with a fighting chance, then of course fixed Sky puts the 6 on the turn..... ah well. 8 points from the night hopefully top 2

TT1 £10.61 6th
    TT2 nowt 42nd
    TT3 heads £4.26, 2nd £15.92 (total 20.18) 2nd

Also had some DYM success for £4.20 total so for the first time I am in profit.

Start £100
    Day Start £73.77
    Day End £108.76
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,119
    Keep the fun aspect to the fore of the challenge and dont get too down on yourself when it's all going pete tong.

Enjoying the blog. Keep posting and good luck.

Mark

Easy game. Well done.