You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear 2020 Zero deposit challenge

Comments

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    gl growa
  • Options
    gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
    Another weekly update, nothing too much to report, was more busy off the tables than on them, to be fair.

Tuesday night I went to the new Tottenham Stadium, for the FA Cup game against Middlesbrough. Got the win but it was not as convincing as the 2-0 lead after 15 minutes promised to be.

I cashed for £1 on the Wednesday freeroll

Thursday I spent all day out, treated my parents to tickets for the Masters snooker event at Alexandra Palace, we saw the first quarterfinal, between Shaun Murphy and Joe Perry, that finished 6-3.

After the snooker, we went to a Bulgarian restaurant in North London for some homely grub

No games were played on thursday and the same on Friday, had a work meeting that lasted all day, followed by an open bar in the evening.

Saturday I worked and played some games in the evening. Sunday I played £1.1 DYMs and £0.28 DYMs to get to 100 poins for the week and have a slim chance of doing something for the DYM streak week.

This coming week, I'll be playing a lot more, which won't be hard considering how bad this week was, I will definitely not cash in the DYM streak week for the first week, but will do my best for the second week.

Bankroll:

£33.98 + £2.3 token coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Good luck

Like the photos
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Great photos Mr Pear.

What exactly is that food?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Great photos Mr Pear.

What exactly is that food?

That particular dish was fried feta cheese, with honey and walnuts on top - it works quite well, nicely balanced between sweet and salty. We use a lot of feta cheese, some of the best feta cheese is made in Bulgaria.
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Looks like you had a good week - was the Snooker good? Might be going to a Tournament in the future.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Looks like a good day off :) The Tottenham stadium looks class! I went to White Hart Lane in the last season before they moved to Wembley, proper old school stadium, but was right in the corner and to see the pitch I almost had to sit at a 90 degree angle.

Whats snooker like watching live? I enjoying putting it on in the background when i'm heading to sleep, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    PKRPar said:

Looks like a good day off :) The Tottenham stadium looks class! I went to White Hart Lane in the last season before they moved to Wembley, proper old school stadium, but was right in the corner and to see the pitch I almost had to sit at a 90 degree angle.

Whats snooker like watching live? I enjoying putting it on in the background when i'm heading to sleep, but that's about it.

The pro at the golf shop gave me tickets after a round to go and see the snooker at the Assembly Rooms in Derby that afternoon
    Neil Foulds v Cliff Thorburn

Watched half a frame and left

Maybe not the most exciting match up ever :)
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Always enjoy spotting the people in the crowd who have nodded off during the snooker. Less common with the shorter formats these days but always guaranteed in the Worlds.

Enjoying the variety of diaries. Thanks guys keep it up and good luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hi all, apologies for the delayed response, this thread is feeling about as neglected as some of my exes...
    bbMike said:

Always enjoy spotting the people in the crowd who have nodded off during the snooker. Less common with the shorter formats these days but always guaranteed in the Worlds.

Enjoying the variety of diaries. Thanks guys keep it up and good luck.

Hahaha, I know what you mean, I can see how people can become sleepy there, in the world championships the days of play are really long.

Thank you :smile:
    PKRPar said:

New stadium is amazing, better than Wembley, that's the other one that I would be able to compare it to, from the ones I've been to so far.

I find it interesting, the game is very tense at times. Though 2,000 spectators are all quiet during the action, you still feel the atmosphere in the venue and tension behind some of the most crucial shots.
    DEL560 said:

Looks like you had a good week - was the Snooker good? Might be going to a Tournament in the future.

Yes, snooker tourney was as I'd come to expect, good game but not a massive marathon, just over 3 hours. Would be nice to go to a final day one time but that's harder to organise for me and my dad.

I did have some issues with laptop not charging etc, so second half of January was largely non-productive in terms of the getting in volume and going for the DYM Streak promo. I will be carrying on, now that the issues have been resolved.

Last week I profited £12 from the nightly £1k freerolls (£10 + £1 + £1), apart from that there were no other thins worth noting.

In February I will be doing my best to take part in the Stack Builder Freeroll promotion, looks interesting and worthwhile getting to, provided I can put in the volume.

First week was not achievable since I could not play over last weekend but hoping to do so in weeks 2,3 and 4.

Aiming for 400 turbo DYM games over this weekend.

Goals for the week: 500 points - Currently on 330.

Bankroll: £56.64

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited February 2020
    Aiming for 400 turbo DYM games over this weekend

@gr0wapear

Crikey mate, that's a busy weekend. Hope they go well.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    VBOL with your challenge Mr Pear. Always good to see a fellow Spurs fan do well
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Aiming for 400 turbo DYM games over this weekend

@gr0wapear

Crikey mate, that's a busy weekend. Hope they go well.

went pretty well, though I was primarily playing them for the Stack Builder Freeroll promo, also I think I only played 398.... **** part timer eh? :D
    SidV79 said:

VBOL with your challenge Mr Pear. Always good to see a fellow Spurs fan do well

Thank you :) hopefully both I and Spurs will have a good few months leading to the end of the season!

Current bankroll: £65.73 (including £5 rakeback payment for this week)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It was a bit of a grind but I managed to qualify for this week's Stack Builder promo freeroll - played 504 dyms since Saturday :open_mouth:

gl to all players who will be joining me, a cash will be very welcomed in this challenge.
  • Options
    Wow that's some grind on the Turbo's VWP! I was thinking of trying that to qualify too but didn't think I would be able to manage it.

How many were you playing at a time/did you make a Profit on them?

GL in Freeroll!
  • Options
    DEL560 said:

Wow that's some grind on the Turbo's VWP! I was thinking of trying that to qualify too but didn't think I would be able to manage it.

How many were you playing at a time/did you make a Profit on them?

GL in Freeroll!

thank you :)

erm, between 8-12 most of the time and I broke even for the most part on the games themselves, was up on rakeback I believe.
  • Options
    Time for another small update - won £3 in a freeroll and played a bunch of dons so far this week - 299 by my calculation, since Friday.

Will play 95 dons tomorrow and the Stack Builder freeroll, while playing live poker at our flat

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Update for the week, played 500 DYMs overall this week, with 395 over Friday-Sunday period, slightly less than break even I guess.

Bankroll £76.25 (including £5.01 rakeback payment).

Will be playing the Stack Builder freeroll, as well as a Live Poker game at my flat later on, will post if there is anything worthy of an update.
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 608
    gr0wapear said:

Update for the week, played 500 DYMs overall this week, with 395 over Friday-Sunday period, slightly less than break even I guess.

Bankroll £76.25 (including £5.01 rakeback payment).

Will be playing the Stack Builder freeroll, as well as a Live Poker game at my flat later on, will post if there is anything worthy of an update.

Showing a lot of heart for the Challenge! Good luck with it.
  • Options
    Good to see the Bankroll is going northwards!

Nice speaking to you at the tables the other day. (Know it must be difficult when you are playing all those tables! 😂)

What is your target? Will you move up stakes, keep playing Turbo DYM'S?

GL