You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

A Boring little DON and MTT Blog

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Hi Laura, welcome to the forum and gl. I think we shared a table in the Mini last night, you were on my left and a pain in the backside.

That schedule you have set out looks ideal for building up a bankroll and I'm sure you will crush. Alternatively, if you have 'x' amount that you set aside to deposit as and when needed then it's fine to have no form of bankroll management at all and play whatever games you want.

Will follow with interest.
  • teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2020
    really gutted just bubbled the Final table QQ vs KK in the 2k escalating freeroll such a shame.
    Still £66 for free isnt bad.

deep in the £1 deep stack at the moment and had some other deep runs but generally been running pretty bad last couple of days.
    waller02 said:

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum and gl. I think we shared a table in the Mini last night, you were on my left and a pain in the backside.

That schedule you have set out looks ideal for building up a bankroll and I'm sure you will crush. Alternatively, if you have 'x' amount that you set aside to deposit as and when needed then it's fine to have no form of bankroll management at all and play whatever games you want.

Will follow with interest.

So previously I have done exactly this and usually just deposit for what I want to play and I only play what I can afford, but I think moving forward if I am going to dedicate a big chunk of time to sky I should have some sort of number I can keep an eye on and it would be nice to just have a playing bankroll so will most likely stick to it as much as possible.

Glad to hear I was a pain :) I cant remember if I was playing like a whale or not last night, the lockdown days all roll into 1

hopefully I will ship the £1 deepy so I only have to do a small deposit :p

Shout to @tomgoodun ... I said I would make him famous in the blog ... nice chatting at the tables :)
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Ah, good old fame.
    Nice to have a friendly table whilst playing, good luck in your ventures Laura.
    Pretty sure you’d do well in the Omaha hi lo’s 😉.
    final tabled the £1 deepy busted in 4th unfortunately
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    teamclau said:

Well played
    And snap for the £2 deepy, 4th also. I did a bit better in the hi lo- 2nd.
    The gauntlet is thrown 😊
    edited June 2020
    tomgoodun said:

teamclau said:

Well played
    And snap for the £2 deepy, 4th also. I did a bit better in the hi lo- 2nd.
    The gauntlet is thrown 😊
    And well played too you too 😀 might jump into some hi lo next week.
    Well done to @stokefc who was at the FT with me.
    So that’s me done for the week. Will be starting with a £100 roll on Monday let’s see how far we can go without punting this time lol
    Will post some none poker related stuff too...probs just as boring though lol

Night all xx

• aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 318
    teamclau said:

Thanks it was lovely chatting with you and very well played the flop on that last hand was a nice sweat lol.

Haha to be honest I saw the jack and didn't even notice there were two diamonds until the river :D no complaints at all, was a good win. WP in the 1.10 deep stack tonight, I did pop over to watch unfortunately just in time to see you bust - very ul there!

aynaricol said:

teamclau said:

Thanks it was lovely chatting with you and very well played the flop on that last hand was a nice sweat lol.

Haha to be honest I saw the jack and didn't even notice there were two diamonds until the river :D no complaints at all, was a good win. WP in the 1.10 deep stack tonight, I did pop over to watch unfortunately just in time to see you bust - very ul there!

Ah the exit hand was horrid I probably could have folded to be honest but never mind :)

So here we go again starting this evening with £100 playing a more conservative bankroll plan.

• FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    yo laura good luck and have fun all the best johnny
    thanks @FLASHJONNY nothing to report so far this evening other than busting 4 comps in the space of 5 mins and bricking everything. Got it in good most times just tons of river suckouts. Generally running pretty bad the last few days a tad frustrating but hey thats poker.
    Finally managed a deep run and shipped the forum triple takedown 1 for £71.50 for a day saver. Really happy with the result.

Tomorrow will be my first proper day session which I am looking forward to and my fellas is away for the week so I may get a few evening sessions in too with a bit of luck.

A special shout to @TENTENTEN who trolled me throughout after I cracked his AA with my 10 10.

I absolutely got it in bad against him but he literally followed me table to table trying to troll in the chat box.

I think in future I am just going to leave the chat off when I come across toxic players like this. It really does take the fun out of the game and it was a little bit frustrating.

Night everyone xx

Start: £100.00
    Bankroll £157.35

• DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    A good read so far @teamclau. Best of luck with the bankroll building and I'll be following with interest.

FYI, you can mute individual players from the chat if you wish. Just click on their name and a little box appears where you'd make notes on them. In the top right corner of that box is a speaker icon which, if pressed, mutes said player from the chat.

Personally I've never muted anyone as there is nothing more satisfying to me than watching a raging tilt monkey go off on one in the chat box :D.
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    Amazing result in the forum game. Very well done and a great opener.

Shame about the trolling in the game itself and sometimes people think 20% shots should always be 0%ers. You get them.

Congrats on the win and no hitting the tenner TDYMs, OK? 😂😉

Cammy
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    That's 101010 for you he just can't take a beat in a 2 quid tourny I find it really amusing and weird that he follows people around who put a beat on him eh ten eh
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814

Congrats on the win.

Sorry to hear about the trolling. It really makes no sense, we have no control over how the cards come, & if we happen to suck out, it's just one of those things - no right-minded person can blame you. If his Aces had held he would not have said a word of course.

As @Duesenberg noted, in a way it's actually quite satisfying when you see someone lose their dignity & self-control & end up making a fool of themselves.

I hope it did not spoil your win.
    edited June 2020

A good read so far @teamclau. Best of luck with the bankroll building and I'll be following with interest.

FYI, you can mute individual players from the chat if you wish. Just click on their name and a little box appears where you'd make notes on them. In the top right corner of that box is a speaker icon which, if pressed, mutes said player from the chat.

Thank you, Your stream was actually one of the reasons I deposited, I was lurking around a few poker streams on twitch and came across yours :) Very entertaining!!! keep up the great work :)

Thats really useful to know! I didnt know it was possible to mute individuals, will be using that in the future thank you xx
    Cammykaze said:

Congrats on the win and no hitting the tenner TDYMs, OK? 😂😉

Cammy

Thank you :) I will be avoiding anything above £5.50 for now at least.
    stokefc said:

That's 101010 for you he just can't take a beat in a 2 quid tourny I find it really amusing and weird that he follows people around who put a beat on him eh ten eh

I actually just did a little LOL, yeah mr eh eh eh
    It really is beyond me but I guess people have different ways of finding entertainment lol
    Tikay10 said:

Congrats on the win.

As @Duesenberg noted, in a way it's actually quite satisfying when you see someone lose their dignity & self-control & end up making a fool of themselves.

I hope it did not spoil your win.

Thank you :)

It absolutely did not spoil the win :) and if anything it made it a little bit sweeter for the reasons you have mentioned :)
  • TENTENTENTENTENTEN Member Posts: 481
    keep saying nice hand to players you're lucky enough to hit two outta's on to knock out you'll make lottsa friends that way eh...
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    TENTENTEN said:

keep saying nice hand to players you're lucky enough to hit two outta's on to knock out you'll make lottsa friends that way eh...

and breathe......

Gl if your grinding mate!
    edited June 2020
    TENTENTEN said:

I tend to say nh ul if they have exactly that, a nice hand its polite. I do the same thing live as do most, if its seen as an insult then my apologies to those people.

I just got two outtered at the FT of a £1.10 KK vs 99 did I complain no... I wished them luck and said nh because it was.

I was nothing but nice to people at the table and will continue to be. GL to you @TENTENTEN xx

• thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 932
    The very best of luck in your challenge, Laura. I shall be following with interest as I have just about jumped onto a similar boat to yours.

Congratulations on your Forum Takedown win. Hope it is the first of many!