You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A Boring little DON and MTT Blog

Comments

• Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 608
    Congrats on the win, Laura.
    I will be following. glgl
  • Options
    teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    Thanks for the well wishes all :)

Not much to report pretty swinging few days but played a bunch of sats today and qualified for the main so hopefully will get a nice return :)

I have also been offered a job today but I need to weigh up business vs the opportunity. Everything is a little uncertain at the moment so need to make a big decision. So I may end up dropping the day sessions soon xx

• Options
    busted the main 71 quid in bounties the run outs were absolutely insane this evening I can see why people get frustrated lol
  • Options
    SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Hi @teamclau I had been following your posts the last week and it's been a nice read -
    teamclau said:

TENTENTEN said:

keep saying nice hand to players you're lucky enough to hit two outta's on to knock out you'll make lottsa friends that way eh...

I tend to say nh ul if they have exactly that, a nice hand its polite. I do the same thing live as do most, if its seen as an insult then my apologies to those people.

I just got two outtered at the FT of a £1.10 KK vs 99 did I complain no... I wished them luck and said nh because it was.

I was nothing but nice to people at the table and will continue to be. GL to you @TENTENTEN xx

You sat vs me at a HU cash table this evening, I did wish you well in chat but perhaps as others have suggested you have hidden the chat box. It was frustrating however that you cut the HU game so short - you had played extremely aggressively and it was shaping up to be a fun contest. After quickly doubling your money you abruptly stood. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I thought perhaps you had to go offline for something but you were one tabling at the time and then loaded up a 6 max game. In my opinion this is clearly a 'Hit and Run'. I'm not one to take these instances to heart but thought as you had called out by name @TENTENTEN for not being polite in the chat I thought It only fair I call you out.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    SMARTGOAT said:

Hi @teamclau I had been following your posts the last week and it's been a nice read -

teamclau said:

TENTENTEN said:

keep saying nice hand to players you're lucky enough to hit two outta's on to knock out you'll make lottsa friends that way eh...

I tend to say nh ul if they have exactly that, a nice hand its polite. I do the same thing live as do most, if its seen as an insult then my apologies to those people.

I just got two outtered at the FT of a £1.10 KK vs 99 did I complain no... I wished them luck and said nh because it was.

I was nothing but nice to people at the table and will continue to be. GL to you @TENTENTEN xx

You sat vs me at a HU cash table this evening, I did wish you well in chat but perhaps as others have suggested you have hidden the chat box. It was frustrating however that you cut the HU game so short - you had played extremely aggressively and it was shaping up to be a fun contest. After quickly doubling your money you abruptly stood. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I thought perhaps you had to go offline for something but you were one tabling at the time and then loaded up a 6 max game. In my opinion this is clearly a 'Hit and Run'. I'm not one to take these instances to heart but thought as you had called out by name @TENTENTEN for not being polite in the chat I thought It only fair I call you out.
    Hey @SMARTGOAT I am definitely not one to hit and run :) I was actually playing cash on my mobile in the bath to pass some time,so wouldn't have seen the chat so my apologies. I dont think ill be touching too much more heads up cash tbh the rake seems to be a bit of a killer but might play the odd table of 6 max :)

But thank you for following and good luck hopefully we wont tangle too often ;)
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    SMARTGOAT said:

teamclau said:

TENTENTEN said:

Just for balance sake Clau played me hu cash and continued to play for quite a while after doubling , someone playing doubling and leaving is just part and parcel of hu cash as frustrating as it can be, not sure it warrants calling someone out on a public forum as if they've done something wrong or comparing it to being hounded across tables by someone in chat.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    I've never understood the gripe about people who "hit and run". So what?!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    thanks @benc and @waller02 appreciate you jumping in but actually offered to play @SMARTGOAT and had a chat but they had their hands full in a game and I couldn't wait around any longer but its all good we are friends again and have agreed to have a rematch at somepoint in the future so no bad blood at all :)

And tbf I had no business playing any of those stakes with my roll :p

I had planned on parking the thread until I figure out whats happening with the new job which I have accepted but I will keep updating I just probably wont be sticking much to BRM which for you cash guys is good news lol xx
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    So may as well do a quick update, as you can see from the comments above had a bit of a punt on some cash games spun up a lot, lost a lot, spun up some more lost some more until I ended up about where I left off at about £150ish.

Had a word with myself now and wont be taking too many more risks of that magnitude but will still most likely be playing outside the roll.

Here is my MTT graph from the start of the thread (I wont post the one including sngs lol) I will play the odd cash game but will mostly focus on MTTs for now and ditch the SNGS.

Starting roll was £100
    Current roll is £202.12

Now to win that Eliminator freeroll promotion, which looks great fun!! xx
  • Options
    Wahoo cheeky little score in the £1500 gtd £5.50
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,298
    Hmmm.....we meet again....good to play a few tables with you recently, great attitude and good chat so you’ll fit in well!

Gl at the tables

MP aka purplepoo
  • Options
    madprof said:

Hmmm.....we meet again....good to play a few tables with you recently, great attitude and good chat so you’ll fit in well!

Gl at the tables

MP aka purplepoo

Heyyyy great chatting with you the other day...lets try not to tangle ;) I think we are 1 for 1 on knocking each other out of sats lol xx
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    bubbled the FT of the £22 mega deep :( bad times still got £60+ in booties though :) played like a bit of a whale towards the end, slightly tipsy while doing a zoom session with the girls.

Had a good little cash session too.

starting roll £100
    current roll £506.50

might have a punt at the Sunday major just for fun or at least a sat or two :)
  • Options
    yet another happy customer at the table.

Bear in mind this is after an hour or more playing.

They were up 2 BI to me and they were extremely polite and chatty and it was shaping up to be a real fun game / battle until I called off his
    flush draw shove on the turn with my top pair.

The board was paired but I felt it was either the nuts or nothing and given how the hand had played out I was pretty confident I was ahead.

I had called a 3 bet super light pre but I felt that they had 3 bet bluffs in their range

Of course I went on to take back my BI and a bit and when I eventually had to leave this happened.

I mean i know I have absolutely no business at those stakes but I am enjoying it and if I lose a couple of BI I drop down.

Anyway it was a break even session regardless had a horrid run on the spin up cash tables.

here is the mtt graph so far.

still planning on punting a couple of major sats but will see how it goes. gl today everyone xx

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    teamclau said:

Wahoo cheeky little score in the £1500 gtd £5.50

Brilliant and congrats on the win! Looked a tough line-up on the FT as well.
  • Options
    Congrats @teamclau on the recent success - your bankroll is starting to look very impressive. Thanks for seeking me out the other day at the tables. Sorry for my previous post, it reflected my own mood rather than any real problem with you - I'd had a rough day at the tables. How quickly do you hope to reach your 1K goal? Are you tempted to go further given how successfully you've started?
  • Options

Just for balance sake Clau played me hu cash and continued to play for quite a while after doubling , someone playing doubling and leaving is just part and parcel of hu cash as frustrating as it can be, not sure it warrants calling someone out on a public forum as if they've done something wrong or comparing it to being hounded across tables by someone in chat.

@benc I agree with you that it's part of HU poker, I do however think it's bad etiquette. I also agree with you that I shouldn't of called out @teamclau on a public forum. I think that we've all had our fair share of trolling in chat - personally I don't think it should be posted on a public forum either.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

I must be in the minority on this one, I think in recent years it's become more acceptable. For every successful hit and run I guess there are 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts so long term it's actually a good thing. In the moment however, you watch as your money leaves the table instantly it's rather tilting/ frustrating.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    SMARTGOAT said:

Congrats @teamclau on the recent success - your bankroll is starting to look very impressive. Thanks for seeking me out the other day at the tables. Sorry for my previous post, it reflected my own mood rather than any real problem with you - I'd had a rough day at the tables. How quickly do you hope to reach your 1K goal? Are you tempted to go further given how successfully you've started?

Heyyy nice chatting with you and no problem at all 😃
    I think realistically I would like to hit 1k by the end of the month but that’s probably not going to happen if I keep sitting 100nl lol
    I will definitely look to take it past the 1k mark and beyond I think once I hit the target a swift withdrawal of 500 is in order then I’ll look to settle on a format and build again. At the moment I’m torn between cash and mtts. With the job starting soon cash may be the obvious choice xx

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    SMARTGOAT said:

waller02 said:

I must be in the minority on this one, I think in recent years it's become more acceptable. For every successful hit and run I guess there are 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts so long term it's actually a good thing. In the moment however, you watch as your money leaves the table instantly it's rather tilting/ frustrating.
    With you on this. There have been plenty of times when ending a session and I've hit stand, then stacked someone, I'll actually sit back in for a couple of orbits - makes it a bit more of a hit and walk.

Instinctively I just don't like hnr-ing but have never really thought about *why*. Might try and be a bit more @waller02 in the future. Spectrums, innit.