You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Live Podcast with Matt Bates - Monday 24th August at 19:30

Comments

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Great idea. I'm not normally one for watching streams or listing to podcasts and such, so not really familiar with twitch.

Will this podcast be available to listen/watch afterwards?

As for some general questions to ask the Master himself, erm...

Do you listen to music whilst you play? Or what type of music do you like? Any all time favourite artists/bands? Songs/Albums?

Favourite meal?

Favourite movie/actors?

Favourite drink? (do you drink energy drinks or lots of coffee etc to help stay awake when playing long sessions?)

Most embarrassing moment?

Thanks!

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740

Great idea. I'm not normally one for watching streams or listing to podcasts and such, so not really familiar with twitch.

Will this podcast be available to listen/watch afterwards?

The video will be available to watch on demand on my Twitch channel for 14 days after after the live broadcast. I'm also intending to upload it to YouTube but I don't yet have a channel of any kind there to give a link for (I'll add it to this thread once done).

Twitch seems to be growing in popularity and is a great place for some high quality poker content (not so much me but rather some actual proper poker players showcasing their skills!). Its USP compared to YouTube is that it is all live and the direct interaction available with the streamers makes for a fun dynamic. It's all completely free to watch but you will need to sign up for a free account if you want to use any of the chat features.
  • Options
    sighcallsighcall Member Posts: 494
    This should be interesting! Be good to get it on Youtube!

Id be interested to know?

Do you play full time or part time? If full time - how and why did you decide to go full time? If part time - how do you fit poker around your job and still have time for other things?

:)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,347
    Does anyone know the password to the freeroll?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    mumsie said:

Does anyone know the password to the freeroll?

What time is it?
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    edited August 2020
    I've seen you very active on spin ups of late, is this for the rake race or is it actually practice in case you ever get down to 10 bigs in an MTT ? ;-)
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    Are you playing Heads Up while chatting? :smiley:
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    AMD68 said:

Are you playing Heads Up while chatting? :smiley:

In an attempt to get some extra bums on seats I’ve been billing Matt as some kind of sick crusher. It would be a shame to undo all that hard work by me embarrassing him heads up ;).
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Is there any chance Matt could 1 table the main and talk through his thinking etc, whilst answering the qs with you on the side?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited August 2020
    PKRPar said:

Is there any chance Matt could 1 table the main and talk through his thinking etc, whilst answering the qs with you on the side?

Its pretty simple...
    Bet because you have it and think you will get called.
    Bet because you think you will get called, you don't have it but will get there.
    bet because you think they will fold and you don't have it and wont get there.

Hoping its interactive and already is quite a lot of questions and hopefully will be more during the stream (along with some drinking!) and I think me playing would get in the way of that.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    MattBates said:

PKRPar said:

Its pretty simple...
    Bet because you have it and think you will get called.
    Bet because you think you will get called, you don't have it but will get there.
    bet because you think they will fold and you don't have it and wont get there.

Hoping its interactive and already is quite a lot of questions and hopefully will be more during the stream (along with some drinking!) and I think me playing would get in the way of that.
    So..you never fold? Vee are mekking notez...
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,273
    MattBates said:

PKRPar said:

Its pretty simple...
    10% Bet because you have it and think you will get called.
    80% Bet because you think you will get called, you don't have it but will get there.
    10% bet because you think they will fold and you don't have it and wont get there.

FYP
  • Options
    I see Lex, Spraggy and that Irish ejiot are having an interesting Twitch session tonight had a 'pani' thinking the times would clash but they start from 6pm. I might be Twitching all night, lol.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    AMD68 said:

I see Lex, Spraggy and that Irish ejiot are having an interesting Twitch session tonight had a 'pani' thinking the times would clash but they start from 6pm. I might be Twitching all night, lol.

dues stream is tomorrow bud
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    Can you still fit into your gymnastics leotard? Given the choice of giving up poker or losing a finger which do you choose? Where do you disappear to when its your round? Do you say "do you know who i am?"when dinner doesn't arrive on time?
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

AMD68 said:

dues stream is tomorrow bud
    Poke me in the eye! So are Lex and co. :blush:
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    I met you at the Birmingham SPT. My memory isn't what it was, how did you finish up?

Timmyrara once became a plo pro for a few days. Have you ever thought about dabbling in other formats?

If you could remove the chat facility for two players on the site who would they be?

Who is your favourite member of the sky poker staff past or present?
  • Options
    fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    Will try and tune in live, if not will definitely watch back.
    Some questions (apologies if already asked) :
    How much time do you spend studying and what do you use to study (ICMizer, pio, etc)?
    How did you get into poker?
    What do you enjoy outside of poker?
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    Could you ask Matt to talk us through his run in the 2015 WSOP Main Event?
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    I'll tune into this tonight and have a few questions about ambition and switching from cash to MTT.

Q. When you start having bad runs what helps you maintain your ambition to continue the most?

Q how many MTTs do you play roughly each month

Q.Do you have an idea of an estimated average on how much money you can make as a MTT player.

QAs a person who can now beat nl50 with decent table selection and struggling to table select well on nl100+ would now be a great time for me to switch over from cash to MTT?