You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Mini UKOPS Sidebet 2020

1234568»

Comments

• NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Good morning. Shall we look at some results?

Mini UKOPS 23 £1,500 Bounty Hunter
    9. PBKR (25 points)
    28. MARK277 (1 points)
    42. MAXALLY (1 points)
    45. Toffeeandy (1 points)
    48. Duesenberg (1 points)

Mini UKOPS 24 £1,500 Rebuy
    3. Enut (70 points)
    17. NOSTRI (1 points)
    22. Angmar2626 (1 points)
    32. MAXALLY (1 points)
    34. The--Don (1 points)

Mini UKOPS 25 £5k Turbo Mega Stack B/H
    3. bigfatfish (70 points)
    12. PBKR (10 points)
    39. tonyp142 (1 points)
    46. Shrimpy28 (1 points)

Mini UKOPS 26 £2,000 Rebuy B/Hunter
    25. PBKR (1 points)

@Enut taking 3rd in the Rebuy was my favourite result last night. That puts him right in the mix on the individual leaderboard but I don't think team No Enut November will be blowing their load over the result as they still have a 142-point deficit.

In other news -- the only other news, really -- No Punt Intended came back to life after a quiet midweek and put a massive 106 points on the board between them.

That brings us to the last night of Mini UKOPS and the last night of the sidebet. It's still possible for anyone to win either leaderboard but it's not very likely for many of us. Nevertheless, approximately half the field have quite the sweat on going into tonight. The rest of us will no doubt just be glad it's over.

For now, @The--Don is hanging on to the individual lead and No Punt Intended are on top of the team leaderboard.

• loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday has Blair Camel Project written alllllllll over it.
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    really fancy greg to do a win tonight and bink it from last place
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Shrimpy28 said:

really fancy greg to do a win tonight and bink it from last place

He has to play to do that. Been AWOL since #11.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Should be an exciting final night, GL all
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    GL All... knowing my luck I'll win one and reg will get a point FFS!
    Who's faking stupid idea was this?
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Never run so bad late in tournaments. Curse of the mini UKOPS. Fun as always, thanks to the organisers, the streamers, and those who manage to luckbox their way to victory.
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Good morning, for the last time.

Last night had it at all. Another absolutely miserable session for most of the runners, PLO fish luckboxing big points, technical issues, a few deep runs in the main event, and a genuine sweat for the top spots in both leaderboards.

@The--Don lead by 11 points going into the final night, with his team a distant third. @MynaFrett made it interesting early on, taking third in event #27 and giving their team the lead by a single point.

Until the final two tournaments both sides of the leaderboard looked to be anyone's game, with a number of the higher-ups running well in the Main Event and the shitshow.

But there were startling scenes in the shitshow as it became clear that @The--Don was, once again, leading the pack. Yes, the man who quit the sidebet after the very first night and had to be talked back into it. The man who frequently makes clear his preference for 100bb poker. The man who just yesterday afternoon was complaining that he was terrible at short stacked poker. That man was making his third deep run in the shitshow.

You couldn't ask for a better narrative.

The absolute legend ultimately finished 2nd, for the third time in the series, booking his team another 80 points, all but securing the individual leaderboards for himself and giving his team an 80-point lead.

Here's a little chart **** of his performance in the shitshow during Mini UKOPS. Check out that 1,301% ROI.

The Main Event was barely in the money at this point and one potential avenue for upset remained. @bigfatfish, @PBKR's partner in No Punt Intended, had quite a lot of chips. If he won, he would have just barely snatched the team leaderboard for them. Sadly it was not to be. But it was lovely to see @MynaFrett give their team a nice victory lap, making it all the way to 12th after a relatively quiet week.

And that's that. @The--Don and his team scoop both sides of his leaderboard. That's £420 that will be on its way to him and £140 on its way to @MynaFrett.

Very well done to them and to everyone else who took part.

I couldn't have had a more miserable week if I'd tried poker-wise but it was very fun to run the sidebet again and get back on my spreadsheet game.

See you next year!

Mini UKOPS 27 £1,500 Bounty Hunter
    3. MynaFrett (70 points)
    7. Toffeeandy (35 points)
    18. bbMike (1 points)
    39. Enut (1 points)

Mini UKOPS 28 £500 PLO8
    8. Duesenberg (30 points)
    9. Kahuna96 (25 points)
    11. PBKR (15 points)

Mini UKOPS 29 £2,000 Bounty Hunter
    16. MAXALLY (1 points)
    33. The--Don (1 points)
    40. MARK277 (1 points)

Mini UKOPS 30 £5,000 MAIN EVENT
    12. MynaFrett (10 points)
    17. loosecamel (1 points)
    27. bigfatfish (1 points)
    60. SJspanky1 (1 points)
    69. waller02 (1 points)
    72. Toffeeandy (1 points)

Mini UKOPS 31 £2,000 Rebuy B/Hunter
    2. The--Don (80 points)
    23. Shrimpy28 (1 points)
    34. bigfatfish (1 points)

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Wp @The--Don and @MynaFrett.

Thanks for running this @NOSTRI. Just one request - Never again.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    Thanks for running this @NOSTRI. It was a great deal of fun, not for any of us playing in it obviously, for us it was just painful, but for anyone else watching all the trials and tribulations either on the tables or via this thread or the discord channel.

Brilliant play by Reg aka @The_Don90 to secure the win and also provide conclusive proof that he is rubbish at heads up poker.

Did anyone out of the 28 participants actually WIN any of the 30 events?
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    echo all the comments, thanks to Nos for setting this up, and to my wheel for organising the teams.

Well played my partner @tonyp142 - hopefully your back won't take long to recover..

Well played the two winners too.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,514
    Farcical scoring system......but thanks for running anyway @NOSTRI

Next year, I might do a diary and post all my beats daily where I was a 110% fav.... until the river. ;)

• Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    VWP @The--Don !

Great fun, thanks for running @NOSTRI
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    Thanks for organising and write ups Nozzer.

I need to move up to where they respect my raises
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    As the others have said, thanks ever so much to @NOSTRI for putting this together and for all the great updates throughout the week.

Big congrats to our winners @The--Don and @MynaFrett too.

As the others have said, thanks ever so much to @NOSTRI for putting this together and for all the great updates throughout the week.

Same nozzer...next time could you turn up for the tournaments as well? ;)
    madprof said:

Same nozzer...next time could you turn up for the tournaments as well? ;)
    Phew......just checked...it would have been embarrassing if @MAXALLY had got more points than us! :p>:)
  • loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    Next UKOPS has Blair Camel Project written alllllllll over it