You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    I assume you mean the UOS series I was talking about yesterday Paul?

I sort of understand where you are coming from with your views on online poker series. I tend to get excited when one is announced then when it actually kicks off you realise they are mostly just the same mtt with a different name. The best thing about them though is obviously the increased gtys and the beauty of series on smaller sites such as Sky and Unibet is that the field sizes aren't insane. If last night was anything to go by, there is actually a fair amount of overlay over on Unibet.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Yeah maybe

Not sure if it’s just putting two and two together

Big Sam was favourite last week

I’d be happy to have John Terry.
    Certainly more so than if it was Rooney. Not sure where it would leave Rooney though. He’s been a liability on the pitch and i’m not sure how he’d take Terry coming in ahead of him as Manager

John Terry’s Derby County!
  • Options

Ha, yes, name change from "Rooney's Derby County" to "Terry's Derby County".
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    John Terry,
    Decent enough player , horrible human being. Would not want him in charge of anything more than a cart load of horse manure.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    pompeynic said:

John Terry,
    Decent enough player , horrible human being. Would not want him in charge of anything more than a cart load of horse manure.

I used to think the same

I saw a program where he took disadvantaged children around Stamford Bridge. He was brilliant with them
    Did notice it was mostly the Dads with the children. Not sure why they didn’t bring their wives
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Allardyce or Terry?
    My deepest sympathy.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited December 2020
    I think Bobby Zamora would be a good fit.
    He is also a legend.
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    Terry's Derby County... made think of Terry's Chocolate Orange... ummmm just fancy a segment or two!
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    eon1961 said:

He is also a legend.

🎵 When the ball hits your head
    And you’re sat in row z
    That’s Zamora la la lalalalalalala 🎵
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    eon1961 said:

He is also a legend.

I used to like you

It’s only 6 years ago
    It’s too soon
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    pompeynic said:

John Terry,

Derby it is then :)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    Essexphil said:

pompeynic said:

John Terry,

Derby it is then :)
    LM FAO :D:D:D
  • Options
    Mighty Rams

Dyms are lively
    Which is not always a good thing

Some interesting calls to shoves tonight in £11s
    Just lost to the might of J6 off, Q8 off and got 4bet shoved on on bubble by KQ when i had Aces. 10 4 4 flops look pretty good there . How wrong i can be
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Wayne Rooney Derby County are only 19 points off the automatic promotion spots now
    Mighty Rams

Disgusting from Millwall fans,
    It’s hardly a shock, I imagine all fans have tales to tell about facing Millwall

I remember in the play off semis years ago we had to sub our two black players just before the end of the game because our Manager was worried about their safety.

Clough has to substitute Adam Smith a few years ago too. He’d been on loan previously at Millwall and they didn’t seem to like him. The abuse and threats seemed real.
    They trashed the Radio Derby van. I mean why wouldn’t you? It had Derby on it and so of course you’d smash it up

Love to see them expelled. There’s always some excuse about it being a small minority, what a load of **** that is

Played a lot of poker last 2 nights. Ran bad last night and played appallingly tonight. Brekeven os a good result for the two nights
    Stop xxxxing spewing Paul

Won a £100 in prize draw. Liked that

House seems to be progressing well.
  • Options
    Not played much this month
    Work has been really busy

Had a bash at some mtts last night
    Played badly and ran very badly in 5 of them

Played so so and ran great in the first one i played and won that for £356 so that was ok. £240 profit on the night
    Wish i hadn’t bothered with the other ones :)

I was going to have Harry on Christmas Eve overnight but now i’m not having him at all due to the changes
    Feel pretty sad
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well last year went about normal poker wise. I’m boringly consistent. After rakeback and bonuses it was just over 7k which is ok. Dym streak weeks were very kind to me

I’ve decided to concentrate mainly on dyms again. I’m never gonna read Tendlar and i’m not sure my mental game is up to the swings of multitabling mtts. Just the odd low stakes one every so often

It’s gone ok so far
    Played the 3 rebuy the other night and came 4th

Played around 100 dyms so far and i’ve made a little profit at them

I’ll try and get 100 points a day to stand a chance of getting in the SPT
  • Options

No more Golf for a few months presumably?

Seems a weird one that, walking around a golf course must be about as safe & socially distant as it gets, but I guess the worry is congregating in the Clubhouse afterwards. I think they should say Golf Courses can stay open but Clubhouses have to close.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Seems a weird one that, walking around a golf course must be about as safe & socially distant as it gets, but I guess the worry is congregating in the Clubhouse afterwards. I think they should say Golf Courses can stay open but Clubhouses have to close.

That has been the steer over the last few months. Car Park golf

It is weird but i guess they have to draw the line somewhere. It’s a shame but hopefully things will be different by the summer
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    edited January 2021
    Tikay10 said:

Totally agree.

I think it's very strange that you can go out for walks for exercise on your own, or with your family/household, yet you're not allowed to walk around a Golf Course playing golf with them..... or playing golf on your own. :*:s

EDIT: I have had an e-mail from the PGA that, "as part of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Golf they are doing all they can, and putting the case forward for Golf to re-open as soon as possible"

...........which is good to know at least :)