You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Shrimpy28 Bankroll Challenge Diary

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Keep it going Shrimpy. Degen br challenges are the most fun to follow.

There was an online degen a good few years ago who span up & down absolutely enormous sums. He became very famous for it, went busto more times than enough, then found some money, spun it up to 6 figures & lost the lot just as fast.

Pretty sure his alias was (something like) bluenose, but I'm struggling to find the story on google.
    Please try

It’s an amazing read
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    Keep the diary if people are interested.

Bin the challenge.

GL. I'm in your corner xx
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    With your balance now at £200 I think you can stretch your previously impeccable bank roll management(!) to playing £5.50 MTTs, within a few days your bankroll will be at £500+ when you can include the £11s and reach £1000+ in a week or so.

Or just register for anything from £5.50 to £33 and get there quicker.

Good luck with the charity work, highly commendable.
  • AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    I do a poker diary, but just to myself. It's good for the mental game. If sharing your diary on here helps eg the teasing and good humoured posts then stick with it. Your diary does make for a good read, it's a bit like watching a @waller02 twitch stream, tbh. Both entertaining to the poker minions/lemmings.
    FWIW I think your right to go back to your usual MTTs. You know I'm a fan of your style of play and 'scope says you're a winner. Hopefully your bankroll is enough to see you past any bumps in the MTT road at the start of challenge v1.3.
  • cabbazcabbaz Member Posts: 36
    Good luck with this. I can strongly empathise- a couple of years ago I remember dusting off my last £1k in the account to Alvez and Alan at 5/10, because I was fed up and wanted a "great reset".

Would suggest not torturing yourself playing 2.20s and 3.30s though. I'd say be aggressive and play all the 5.50s and some 11s off a £200 roll. Bring in the 22s at £500. That's the way I did it anyway 😜
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    Appreciate all the comments and thoughts, I will continue with the diary and a new MTT schedule of 5.50 and 11s and see what happens, place your bets for the exact time I'm seen on a spin up .......... :D
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    You will be on spins tonight, not sure of the time, it depends when your shakes get too bad.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Loving the diary @Shrimpy28. It's the most I've looked forward to new instalments of something since the 'who shot Phil' saga on EastEnders.
    ***UPDATE***

Yay, that was actually fun! The poker in the evening that is. As some who read this diary will know I am a dad to FOUR children all aged 7 and under (including twins) and when I decided to bless the world and plant my seed I didn't sign up to playing Teacher, these poor kids have no chance as I spent more than half my school life pulling faces through the window in the corridor after another lesson in which I'd been ejected early, anyway when the clock struck 3.30pm I felt like a little boy again filled with excitement that the school day was over. I'm doing P.E with them tomorrow gonna have a race, see how quick I can scoff a strawberry swiss roll in one sitting, purely for educational purposes so they get the grasp of a stopwatch! Anyway .....

Poker was fun, after having a refreshing chat with Regi the previous night, I felt good, positive and returned to a somewhat normal MTT schedule for myself, the night started well successfully getting in the ME for £7.20 via the Semi Sat, the first few tournaments went by without much to shout about, a bounty here and there removed the overall cost but cashes in MTT's have been at a premium in 2021 so far. But the first final table of the year was finally put to bed in the 8.15 £750gtd 11bh, in the end had to settle for 4th place but it gave me a tidy profit on the tournament and a small profit overall on the night, whilst doing that in the ME I reverted to type by check raising all in against a green tag with 2 cards that barely added up to double digits, unsurprisingly they put me in the bin with their trips, but who cares, I was enjoying myself!

I actually can't even remember if there were any other cashes, certainly nothing significant if so but I did an ok job in picking up bounties throughout the night to minimise my overall outlay, once the Midnight Express was done I was sat on a profit for the session betweeen 40 & 50 pound, but we don't want to give you that!!! I wasn't quite ready to get some shut eye so I had a goosey gander on the spins to see if there was any value to be had even for a fish like myself. I saw a player I don't particulary rate with a stack and that was good enough for me to enter in shenanigans, in fact there were two players I believed I had an edge on, the other was MattBates, not sure if anyone's heard of him, seems like a face up rofler from what I've seen?

Anyway it went to plan, we set up camp and waited for the aggro monkey to punt some cash our way and they duly obliged and we exited the spins table in the early hours with a decent profit to add to the overall MTT profit. This challenge clearly isn't your standard slow grind to the target but I've always been impatient, and a 4th profitable session was booked, better stop waffling, kids are getting impatient and I've got a swiss roll to devour.

START OF SESSION 4: £214.83
    OVERALL PROFIT: £164.92

NEW BALANCE: £379.75

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,833

These updates are getting better & better.

Bravo Shrimp Bloke, keep them coming.
  • BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,460
    Loving the updates Shrimpy, mad BRM and humour is compelling.

Having fun playing Poker is the main thing and I am sure you have the edge to succeed if you don't have a bad run on them dam spins.

Keep the diary going and hope you get to £1K soon. Boxxy
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Great read
  • irishpaddyirishpaddy Member Posts: 10
    This is one of the most entertaining blogs i've read in a long while! Selfishly i hope this challenge runs and runs just for the updates but it looks like it's going to end sooner rather than later! Keep up the good work Shrimpy
  • AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    Shrimpy is on a roll, a Swiss Roll. Sorry.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 926
    Enjoying the updates.

Long may your run good last.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    ***UPDATE***

And now it's the moment you've been waiting for, the swiss roll race result, there was a late change of plan, we're not backing out, we're changing the fighter, (love that film) Gregg's has recently been built within a stones throw of my house so the wife treated me to a sausage roll & a steak bake for brunch, greedy I know, but I don't care. Those items hadn't touched the sides and I predict a solid 2 and a half minutes to polish them off, someone get Guinness book of records on the phone.

Yesterday was a step closer to me being able to fill my days with something to do, I picked up, filled out and sent back the form to help volunteer at my local centre, soon going to be a meals on wheels deliverer, really looking forward to seeing something different aside from my house, a sloppy muddy park and my local Tesco.

Anyway onto the cards, the clock struck 7pm and I fired up my session, I'm your bog standard average poker player but I do have some decent results in MTT's so even though this challenge is flourishing in unconventional circumstances it has been slightly frustrating that I haven't seen a better contribution to the overall balance via a tournament. Annoyingly it was a similar story yesterday albeit I only ended up playing the Main, Mini, Mega, Turbo33 & another Turbo11. I was building a stack in the main and mini but in particular the main and was well placed with 80 odd left in both tournaments, daring to dream of an FT jackpot, however as we all know, I'm an idiot, I do stupid things for no apparent reason and yesterday was no exception, sitting 9th of 81 in the main event, I decided to get stubborn with 64 suited in my BB, I 3bet from a button raise, I c bet an ace high flop, I'm called but no alarm bells are ringing here, the guy is going to fold, turn brings a blank and it's checked to me, bet bet bet like a dribbling fool, opponent calls, but it's gonna be fine, the guy will fold, river is an action card, not for me, I've got bottom pair no kicker, but **** it, I'm all in, the guy will fold, fold, please fold, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he has AQ and I chuck away an excellent position in the main for no apparent reason. GEE GEE me!

Bounties were taken in tournaments, no less than 5 in the main so I had turned a profit on the session somehow, it was a small one but I was grateful for that, however I very occasionally like to enjoy an all night binge and tonight was gonna be one of those nights, I was obviously found on the spins at 0.25/0.50 & 0.50/1 for the most of the night, I might have dipped my toe in something slightly higher for a hand or two, but it's been a long night, I can't quite remember so let's not dwell on that. The twilight spins session was an overall success and we managed to bag ourselves another three figure profit overall, time to start round 2 of home schooling, no rest for the wicked, and possibly find time for a session tonight.

START OF SESSION 5 BALANCE: £379.75
    OVERALL PROFIT: £112.39

NEW BALANCE: £492.14
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,833

Another terrific update. I think you might just be a better writer than @NOSTRI.
    ***UPDATE***

As the clock ticks over to 2am, I'm finally gonna get some shut eye, in the last 32 hours, I've played poker approximately for 28 of those hours, the other 4 was spent being a primary school teacher, which means no time for sleep, until now!
    It's been a mad binge but it's been exciting full of ups and downs, finished off perfectly by getting smashed by sky poker friends in a huge event exclusively streamed to us live by the brilliant @waller02, yes £5.50 sit n go's were served up and some were perhaps taking it more serious than others, anyway I don't have much to tell you about my day before we get to the poker side of the update even though I've been up and about for so long so i'll get into the evening session.

I'm seriously considering playing more sessions of the back of no sleep because I played as good as I've played in a long time in tournaments, the half past six £5.50bh £1k gtd & the 7@7 were as usual the first two fired up and we went deep in both, in the end the blinds caught up with us and we exited annoyingly in 17th place but I won more from bounties than my actual place finish so that was good, I went one better in the 5.50bh final tabling the bad boy, sadly we were always just surviving on the FT rather than attempting to push on and in the end we flipped for our remaining chips and we missed, a Duesenberg favourite 5th place was achieved and we pocketed just north of £70 for our troubles.

In my third tournament of the night another deep run was to be had as well, this one stung a little too, because it was the half seven £22bh which features in Tikay's results thread, there was a time at the back end of last year were I featured in that thread TEN days in a row but I have failed to show my face for quite some time now and so losing a key flip and abruptly being shown the bin in 11th was pretty gutting, but another cash from an MTT.

I played and ran well in the main and mini and comfortably got past the add on stage but for one reason or another I couldn't materialise a push at going deep and exited both in quick succession for very little return, however I stated yesterday I was frustrated at not contributing to the balance via the MTT's and although it wasn't the big score I was craving I still booked a profit.

The lower staked spins were dabbled in and more profit was booked, six days this challenge has been in operation and it most certainly isn't the conventional or recommended route, but that's six profitable days in a row. Spins expert anyone!?!?! :lol: :

Time for bed, and a complete day off tomorrow from the site, I'm desperately trying to mould my son into the next Steven Gerrard so football practice is high on the list of things to do tomorrow, but I fear there's more chance of me completing this challenge.
    Take care, stay safe!

START OF SESSION 6 BALANCE: £492.14
    OVERALL PROFIT: £207.09

NEW BALANCE: £699.33
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Good man Shrimpy, get some kip you nutter.