You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Where do I go from here?
    With upcoming data to show weekly losses at circa £40, I am thinking about where to go next, a slowdown and reduction in games Is most likely because believe or not I would like to complete this challenge.
    No doubt a review after the 10+ Multi format Tournaments pencilled in for this evening is likely. No point in rushing into change.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited September 2021
    You're still in good shape with this mate, just got to be patient and you will get there.
    From flicking over your results from the last few weeks, it seems that a lot of the outlay is coming from satellites. Whilst they are great for getting shots at the bigger stuff and potentially giving your bankroll a huge boost (e.g. when you came 2nd in the Sheriff a few months back), you can quickly incur sizable losses if the cards aren't going your way. For the purposes of this challenge, are you happy with the losses currently being incurred from satellites?

Personally I would just stick to the £5.50 and lower games for this challenge going forward, because you will always have a decent edge over a good chunk of the field and you are more than good enough to beat these games. Should hopefully get the bankroll ticking along again.

I'm sure you will get there mate, whichever way you decide to approach your challenge going forward. Best of luck. :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    With no gold or silver tickets into the golden ticket draw and less than 100 bronze entries it was a surprise to receive a £20 boost on Friday.
    Not really been a fan of the recent promos and i expect Octobers will be focussed around the November SPT will Sky give away 50 Seats a week for 4 weeks again.

The rest of September will be looking mainly at PLO8 where i will review where i think i stand in the core player group and see if i can improve where i am at the moment.

I will probably look at producing a full week schedule in advance as PLO8 with limited days and games would not be enough for the freeroll points. maybe throwing a few micro sats in.

Anyone reading this before 12:30pm on the 25th Sept remember to place a min 5p bet on Chelsea v Man city today to receive a £5 free bet, opt in required on sky bet.

• Options
    Didn't think September was a great month so i was surprised to look back and see a £100+ profit.
    A couple of decent cashes in the freeroll and wins in a couple of PLO8 games in the past few days helped towards this greatly.
    Looks like focus will be moved back to DYMs for the next couple of weeks as i attempt the streak week, not sure what the best strategy is.
      Single Tables
      Regular or Turbo
      Playing same stake or randon

will play a few £1.10 £2.20 £3.30 and the odd shot at £5.50 hopefully we can cover the losses.

• Options
    BUMP!

Really need to update this, honestly don't know where i am balance wise on poker due to the odd bet or 2. i expect a loss, no it will be a loss.
    Obviously if it was going really well i would have reported before now.

Had a few shots a the DYM promo but couldn't get anything going. PLO8 probably in profit since the last report.
  • Options

with the eliminator freerolls starting next week, not sure if i
    • Peaked too early
    • set a precident.
    I could guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Before i go on, again i would like to reiterate that this challenge was mainly born out of a desire to prove anyone could get by if the right games are played.
    I do not pretend that i know what i am doing and know that i often play too many games including different format at once, some people just want to play for fun.

Slightly different format as i could not find the desire to do the daily reports. Didn't get going in any DYM runs for either streak week so a none starter there, 1 bounty and a cash from the first Eliminator game is a start at least.

Qualified for the Daily main event twice through the satellites with the figures shown in each section there calculated as cash wins in each individual event.

Plenty of free UKOPS entries up for grabs in the next few weeks so hopefully can grab at least one of those.

• Options
    another night of finger clicking madness, calm couple of weeks ahead as i try to rack up a few freeroll £'s.

Another 2 bounties and a cash in the Eliminator freeroll puts me on 5 points after 2 days anyone playing these needs to bear in mind the 25points in the previous 24hrs, i am sure from past experience you can get 2 buy ins from 1 lot of points in timed correctly.i will check this out on Monday / Tuesday as i have the points for tomorrow anyway.

So with registration starting at 12:15am for tomorrows eliminator freeroll if you played between 10am and 11.30 am for the 25pts for todays freeroll you should be able to register for tomorrow nights game before 10am tomorrow morning if thats makes sense.

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Please don't feel too disheartened. Just remember that you have built this bankroll from next to nothing. Keep playing as you have, in formats you like and at your own pace and the results will come. At the end of the day, you need to be enjoying what you play.

I wish you well in the upcoming UKOPS. One result could prove to be very good indeed.

Good luck
  • Options
    Not really feeling it so just going through the motions for eliminator points.
    Didnt play at all yesterday, 25pts earned today will get me into both todays and tomorrows eliminator game.
    Minimum risk strategy employed.

• Options
    With the points for tomorrows eliminator freeroll in the bag at a cost of £7+ looks like just the 2 free entry games tomorrow as i ponder my future in the game.

Not sure if anyone could have a total game reset, i know this is what is needed maybe one day we will get there.

• Options
    Trying to take a more softy softly approach.
    Again the points earned today gets me into both todays and tomorrows eliminator game, just need to register before the first point earned.

• Options
    Being taking it fairly easy over the past week or so.
    Down on the month but a couple of decent results in PLO8 as we await the UKOPS game on Wednesday.

• Options
    At least Monday was profitable as last weeks £2.30 token was added.

5th place in last nights rewards freeroll made up for UKOPS PLO8 disappointment with the additional of a £110 entry into tonight UKOPS 40 game, where i think i will try and stick to the one game and see how that goes, not sure as i get bored and make stupid plays with 6 games on the go.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Best of luck in the £110 event tonight mate. Who knows, might be the tournament that gets you to your 1k goal. You're due a decent score.
  • Options
    1st break, managed to stick to 1 game.
    145 entrants so far with 60 mins late reg

• Options
    edited November 2021
    10 minutes of late reg left and still in. Managed to stick to the one game and not do anything too stupid. 153 total entries so far.
    Nowhere near taking a bounty though.

• Options
    Out in 57th.
    Pushed with 88 into kings pre raise, left with less than 1bb.

Question- Why?

Answers on a postcard......

• Options

May play the UKOPS PLO event tomorrow, will see how i feel, at least the new promotion will not draw me in, cutting right back over the next week.
  • Options
    Will see about the PLO game later may late reg, played an early turbo NL game and nothing again, so having a self imposed No Limit tournament ban (excluding sats and qualified games) as i think they are what is drawing any joy out of playing at the moment.
    Took the sky boost at even money on Ronaldo to have a shot on target in the manchester derby, sky bet is not part of the challenge, although it could start a £10 to £1000 challenge, sky bet edition.