You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

random i think not

Comments

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

£22k off micro stakes... sponsored for $500 per day... nuff said

You had a backing deal, you were not sponsored
    Do u feel better for posting that? Thats wot im up against...... tht and a guy who wants to argue god now.... the disciple says i wasnt sponsored/backed at all and tht im lying..... ask yourself Edge, would jesus really want you to have that attitude towards you fellow man lol.

He would not want you for a sunbeam.....

Being backed and being sponsored are different things. I haven't said you were not backed. I am not saying you are lying, saying you are getting terms wrong.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited March 2022
    I would challenge you to play QUACKA or MILANS on here at omaha hi lo heads up for several hours or even days and see how you feel about randomness after that. I could tell you now in advance what will happen if you like.

Problem is, as there always is, with you opening comment above, is that hi lo is a pot limit game where blinds start off tiny. So there is no shoving all in preflop, or even raising that has any effect for some time.....
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    TheWaddy said:

I would challenge you to play QUACKA or MILANS on here at omaha hi lo heads up for several hours or even days and see how you feel about randomness after that. I could tell you now in advance what will happen if you like.

Problem is, as there always is, with you opening comment above, is that hi lo is a pot limit game where blinds start off tiny. So there is no shoving all in preflop, or even raising that has any effect for some time.....

Oh so it's not even REAL poker then. My bad B)
  • Options
    MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

Do u feel better for posting that? Thats wot im up against...... tht and a guy who wants to argue god now.... the disciple says i wasnt sponsored/backed at all and tht im lying..... ask yourself Edge, would jesus really want you to have that attitude towards you fellow man lol.

Being backed and being sponsored are different things. I haven't said you were not backed. I am not saying you are lying, saying you are getting terms wrong.
    I was talking about the holy man accusing me of lying not you.... although i have no idea why you would challenge the term. Badbeat.com and associated poker magazines termed it as being a sponsored player at the time, but hey if it offends you, we can call it 'backed' between us, np.
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

I mean keep up, i must have mentioned the brand i play only about 13 times.... its odd as ive come across quite a few devout christians in my time and they all struggle to be nice people.

I think most who find god these days, are those who are looking to change.... mainly life term prisoners!

Alot of the tea club have gone quiet since u mentioned the 'G' word, frightened if they support u any longer u will start asking them to go to your church!

STFU and pray with me i hear u say......
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

I was talking about the holy man accusing me of lying not you.... although i have no idea why you would challenge the term. Badbeat.com and associated poker magazines termed it as being a sponsored player at the time, but hey if it offends you, we can call it 'backed' between us, np.
    There is a world of difference between being sponsored and being staked.

When you are sponsored, you receive gifts from the site-sometimes money, but more often free entries to tournaments. In return, you promote the sponsor, and/or allow them to comment on your progress in Tournaments and such.

Staking is very different. It is a loan. Not a gift. With strict terms as to how, and when, you repay and/or sacrifice a percentage of your profit. In return for the loan and, usually, mentoring.

It offends me that staking sites, and poker magazines, were allowed to misrepresent themselves in this way. Not your fault-theirs. They certainly are not now. Because the way staking sites misrepresented themselves back then was downright nasty.

I know the pitfalls inherent in staking arrangements. Simply because, in the past, I have drafted them. As well as having been lucky enough to be sponsored in the past.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    TheWaddy said:

My graph is constant upward direction. You dont have to be losing games to see what is happening, you just might have to 'win' the game 11 or 12 times in a heads up game before you get paid.... them survive 11 or 12 all ins low stacked, needing a miracle and getting it. If you stick to SNG's, then you can still win that game, its just the same deck as a cash deck works, its all running the same way, but you will see combined odds of terrific proportions over and over and over.... but still go on to win the game.

Its the sheer amount of miracles i have a problem with, even if i win... i can still see the maths isnt adding up.

|I just this morning (and in fact daily) lost to a guy at hi lo, who had joined as he thought was hold em... i think we got to 23 all ins in this one game when he was like holding JJ67 with flop AA 10.... id have AT23... and turn river would be 23 so he wud split for the low.. 23 times.... he didnt know game so was in complete trouble time and time again ....until it would do the set up hand where we both flopped FH and his was better.

I will see this over and over and over during any given session, on any given day. There is no maths in these decks, but if you are good, you can spot situations which are a bet with a real deck, check with an online deck.... raise with real deck, even fold with an online deck... its that obvious.

Even an experienced player like NChanning, surprisingly came out with the comment if you know how rng works you could manipulate it to win huge amounts.... you cant, cos its geared to helping out poor players, losing players..... if you winning your not going to be the one getting the help, believe me. Its about keeping the poor player on site, maintaining numbers, reducing poor player losses.

IE you can sit 40mins in a heads up as a 20yr experienced player and actually lose to someone who hasnt played before, or knows the rules.....

If the deck is that predictable and you know all the spots of when to bet/check/fold etc......why on earth do you only play 1 game at a time at the £1 level?

You have a license to print money with your superior deck knowledge.
    You are blessed with this unique ability.
    Don't waste it at the quid games.

Imagine playing poker for 20 years and actually believing all the shite you have written.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

I mean keep up, i must have mentioned the brand i play only about 13 times.... its odd as ive come across quite a few devout christians in my time and they all struggle to be nice people.

I think most who find god these days, are those who are looking to change.... mainly life term prisoners!

Alot of the tea club have gone quiet since u mentioned the 'G' word, frightened if they support u any longer u will start asking them to go to your church!

And still your ignorance knows no bounds. I have never asked anybody on this site or this forum to go to my Church, in fact I get the impression that you consider Church to be a building of some sort where services or ceremonies are held. I suppose thats one view.

Also can I ask, and it would actually make a change if you answered a question. What is your idea of a Christian and why do you have the assumption that they are nice people.

The righteous and the good have no need of Gods grace so that only leaves the sinners, the unworthy and the lepers. I am all three, where do you fit.

As for life prisoners well are you talking about those who are incarcerated or those who are prisoners to and of life? I would say that they as much as any and more than some, deserve grace and peace.

As for calling me a Holy man, I find that more insulting than you calling me a fkwit, there are times when I can be a fkwit but I can never be accused of being a Holy man.

I'm sorry if your experience of devout Christians is negative. One of the things I think Christians are called to do is to expose and call out those who spread false doctrine. To me that applies to life as much as scripture so perhaps that's why you find them to be less nice than you'd want.

However, it won't be lost on people that you have turned you ire and angst away from the Gambling Commission and onto me possibly because you feel you may have more support for those views.

Possibly but as long as your perceptions of Christians are as far off base than those you hold about the Gambling Commission, I fear you'll struggle to debate either with any modicum of success.

Jesus loves you. I'm indifferent. Either way, be happy. I'm off to the gym.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

And still your ignorance knows no bounds. I have never asked anybody on this site or this forum to go to my Church, in fact I get the impression that you consider Church to be a building of some sort where services or ceremonies are held. I suppose thats one view.

Also can I ask, and it would actually make a change if you answered a question. What is your idea of a Christian and why do you have the assumption that they are nice people.

The righteous and the good have no need of Gods grace so that only leaves the sinners, the unworthy and the lepers. I am all three, where do you fit.

As for life prisoners well are you talking about those who are incarcerated or those who are prisoners to and of life? I would say that they as much as any and more than some, deserve grace and peace.

As for calling me a Holy man, I find that more insulting than you calling me a fkwit, there are times when I can be a fkwit but I can never be accused of being a Holy man.

I'm sorry if your experience of devout Christians is negative. One of the things I think Christians are called to do is to expose and call out those who spread false doctrine. To me that applies to life as much as scripture so perhaps that's why you find them to be less nice than you'd want.

However, it won't be lost on people that you have turned you ire and angst away from the Gambling Commission and onto me possibly because you feel you may have more support for those views.

Possibly but as long as your perceptions of Christians are as far off base than those you hold about the Gambling Commission, I fear you'll struggle to debate either with any modicum of success.

Jesus loves you. I'm indifferent. Either way, be happy. I'm off to the gym.

• Options
    edited March 2022

TheWaddy said:

My graph is constant upward direction. You dont have to be losing games to see what is happening, you just might have to 'win' the game 11 or 12 times in a heads up game before you get paid.... them survive 11 or 12 all ins low stacked, needing a miracle and getting it. If you stick to SNG's, then you can still win that game, its just the same deck as a cash deck works, its all running the same way, but you will see combined odds of terrific proportions over and over and over.... but still go on to win the game.

Its the sheer amount of miracles i have a problem with, even if i win... i can still see the maths isnt adding up.

|I just this morning (and in fact daily) lost to a guy at hi lo, who had joined as he thought was hold em... i think we got to 23 all ins in this one game when he was like holding JJ67 with flop AA 10.... id have AT23... and turn river would be 23 so he wud split for the low.. 23 times.... he didnt know game so was in complete trouble time and time again ....until it would do the set up hand where we both flopped FH and his was better.

I will see this over and over and over during any given session, on any given day. There is no maths in these decks, but if you are good, you can spot situations which are a bet with a real deck, check with an online deck.... raise with real deck, even fold with an online deck... its that obvious.

Even an experienced player like NChanning, surprisingly came out with the comment if you know how rng works you could manipulate it to win huge amounts.... you cant, cos its geared to helping out poor players, losing players..... if you winning your not going to be the one getting the help, believe me. Its about keeping the poor player on site, maintaining numbers, reducing poor player losses.

IE you can sit 40mins in a heads up as a 20yr experienced player and actually lose to someone who hasnt played before, or knows the rules.....

If the deck is that predictable and you know all the spots of when to bet/check/fold etc......why on earth do you only play 1 game at a time at the £1 level?

Imagine playing poker for 20 years and actually believing all the shite you have written.
    Yes refer to 2nd to last paragraph of the post, the answers there.... been so many of these posts, involving so many different people... read it properly before answering guys, its simple stuff....
  • Options
    Ive had some bizarre posts arguing a deck is random, but never thought Jesus would be involved in the reasoning.... this is a poker site lad, no-one cares about your bible anecdotes!
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

There is a world of difference between being sponsored and being staked.

When you are sponsored, you receive gifts from the site-sometimes money, but more often free entries to tournaments. In return, you promote the sponsor, and/or allow them to comment on your progress in Tournaments and such.

Staking is very different. It is a loan. Not a gift. With strict terms as to how, and when, you repay and/or sacrifice a percentage of your profit. In return for the loan and, usually, mentoring.

It offends me that staking sites, and poker magazines, were allowed to misrepresent themselves in this way. Not your fault-theirs. They certainly are not now. Because the way staking sites misrepresented themselves back then was downright nasty.

I know the pitfalls inherent in staking arrangements. Simply because, in the past, I have drafted them. As well as having been lucky enough to be sponsored in the past.
    It is massively offensive, however did you sleep last night after reading that someone put sponsored instead of staking.....
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

Yes refer to 2nd to last paragraph of the post, the answers there.... been so many of these posts, involving so many different people... read it properly before answering guys, its simple stuff....
    So what happens if a good, winning player faces off against another good, winning player?

How does the RNG/deck know who to favour then?
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    @TheWaddy

It seems to me you just fundamentally misunderstand equities and are feeling hard done by because you don't understand the maths behind it. Equities run so close preflop that it's hard getting your money in as a super big equity favourite.

The example that you listed as being the pinnacle of your misfortune, the AT23 VS JJ67 on AAT. It's hard for him to get it in any worse, but the opponent on average still takes 5% out of that pot. That is less unlucky than an opponent rivering a set in hold em. (4.5%) Over a big sample of all ins, 5% comes in a lot of times.

I checked your win rate on scope and see you have won 67.5% of your HU games over a 1400 sample which is extremely high. You are winning more than 2 out of 3 games. Just what kind of win rate are you expecting?

You have had maybe a dozen fairly intelligent people in this thread all challenging your viewpoint, some professional players with decades of consistent winning, others losing recreational players. Objectively, what do you think is more likely, that one person is wrong, or that everybody else is?

BTW losing players are much more likely to 'get lucky' than winning players given that on average when they wager all their chips they have much lower equity. They also play their hands much worse post-flop so when they do spike their lucky cards after playing a hand badly the injustice feels more raw. When you get there with low equity you likely mentally disregard it quickly and forget as you rationalise that you were coolered, you played the hand well or others get lucky against you so you deserve it.

Go on this site: https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/omaha and play around with the equities. You will likely be surprised at how much pot share some of the hands your opponent's are holding actually have.

• Options

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

So what happens if a good, winning player faces off against another good, winning player?

How does the RNG/deck know who to favour then?
    I generally find its quite a normal game... its written to recognise, if it doesnt recognise the silly help element doesnt kick in...
  • Options
    edited March 2022

@TheWaddy

It seems to me you just fundamentally misunderstand equities and are feeling hard done by because you don't understand the maths behind it. Equities run so close preflop that it's hard getting your money in as a super big equity favourite.

The example that you listed as being the pinnacle of your misfortune, the AT23 VS JJ67 on AAT. It's hard for him to get it in any worse, but the opponent on average still takes 5% out of that pot. That is less unlucky than an opponent rivering a set in hold em. (4.5%) Over a big sample of all ins, 5% comes in a lot of times.

I checked your win rate on scope and see you have won 67.5% of your HU games over a 1400 sample which is extremely high. You are winning more than 2 out of 3 games. Just what kind of win rate are you expecting?

You have had maybe a dozen fairly intelligent people in this thread all challenging your viewpoint, some professional players with decades of consistent winning, others losing recreational players. Objectively, what do you think is more likely, that one person is wrong, or that everybody else is?

BTW losing players are much more likely to 'get lucky' than winning players given that on average when they wager all their chips they have much lower equity. They also play their hands much worse post-flop so when they do spike their lucky cards after playing a hand badly the injustice feels more raw. When you get there with low equity you likely mentally disregard it quickly and forget as you rationalise that you were coolered, you played the hand well or others get lucky against you so you deserve it.

Go on this site: https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/omaha and play around with the equities. You will likely be surprised at how much pot share some of the hands your opponent's are holding actually have.

First of all, thank you for your post. A poker opinion is good.

The people who challenge the viewpoint are mainly Sky forum only bunch, dont play much poker and are here for the forum and associated other rubbish. One is now using it as a platform to convert to christianity. Gl with that on a poker site.

They defend their beloved site to the hilt and have no time to listen to anything tht may put it in a bad light. Hence the immediate personal attack when its said, instead of talking it out.

Im a 20yr seasoned player, i do understand bad players getting lucky and why, i only remember the bad beats etc etc.

Tha cardplayer calc is omaha only and not hi lo. Decisions are worse at hi lo, as many opponents are calling huge bets just to try and hit a half pot.... heads up thats not a good idea.... eg he has KJ98 all spades and flop is 345 with 2 spades... he cant make a low which obv i have and hes trying to hit flush just to get his money back. He will hit that flush online, over and over and over. He will not miss.

That is my experience of the modern day online poker, i cant change that or explain it, but that type of hand is not losing against me for like 11yrs. That is MY experience before the loons jump on it. So they will split that pot and we play on. I will get a huge amount of these in every game, many of which i finally win. Afterall the deck can only help so much and after 16 of these, they cant help a player who calls an all in with a apair of jacks on a 23456 board, so i can eeeek out a win.

The amount of times a player is hitting that 5% you mention, over and over in every game is insane. I remember them and 'injustice feels raw' because its every 3 minutes or so... its unrelenting.

i appreciate your post, 5% should come in roughly about 5% of the time if my maths is correct! Preflop normal omaha is almost 50/50 everytime, so im not sure why u question my understanding?

Im certainly avoiding all ins preflop, that would take away any advantage i have .... if players even max raise out of position preflop heads up, im abs never hitting the flop with any given hand, even premium, as their next move at my levels are max bet flop out of pos as thats all they know... the deck is never giving me anything there.... ever. Ive never hit flop hard ever there.... does that sound random?

Its a set thing that happens when you playing bad players doing this, i would ask you to try it. T
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Ive had some bizarre posts arguing a deck is random, but never thought Jesus would be involved in the reasoning.... this is a poker site lad, no-one cares about your bible anecdotes!

Less of the lad fella. You can spout as much shite as you want but don't try and be a smug, patronising 4rse as well.

Oh and it hasn't escaped my notice that you refuse to answer any question put to you, whereas everybody else has answered every question and point you have made.

I really think that we should just leave you to own delusional fantasies and continue to drink our tea in peace.

As for the Bible anecdotes, I cracked the door slightly, you were the one who yanked it open and turned on the light.

Oohhh that sounds good think I'll put it on a placard.
  • Options
    yeah im here to talk the ins and outs of online poker, nothing else..... u shud have left me to it, your right, as i was answering a guy who had the same opinion....
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited March 2022
    @waddy
    The cardplayer calc does both plo and hi/lo.

I think you saying "That is my experience of the modern day online poker, i cant change that or explain it" is quite telling.

It is your experience but you treat it as fact.

Are you really suggesting that myself, Phil, nostri (cant remember who else has posted) don't play much poker? Think we don't play outside of sky?